Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

George Robinson---right or wrong

Heavyduty053

SamT,

Really enjoying your posts. You are bringing a lot of clarity to the subject of prophets vs prophesies. I share the same understanding that you have regarding this subject.

Darkcleaver,

I've really enjoyed reading your conversation with SamT. I think there is a lot of mutual respect shown for each other even though you don't quite see things exactly the same. I appreciate your views but I'm a little concerned about the "one and done" as it applies to a prophetic message. IMHO, I would encourage you to ponder that for a while. It's a bit "tight" of a standard. So tight, in fact, that there is probably no person in the history of mankind (exception noted for Jesus) that could fulfill that standard. It is really more about the body of work instead of the specific point of reference -- unless the person speaking has done something so egregious that you cannot look past their behavior and they are considered tainted. Just something to think about and know that you are appreciated for having the courage to speak your beliefs.

• Upvote 2

Folks, I don't mean to burst anyone's belief system or disparage them in any manner, BUT faith, religious belief have NOTHING to do with investing or investments. The notion that God would speak to some turkey regarding a specific investment is insane.

See the street defininition of insane: multiple attempts doing something, expecting a different result each time.

Faith is essential to ones life, BUT, it has NOTHING to do or related to making decisions of an investment......if it does, the I would suggest, respectfully, you need to move to another hobby. God won't make you rich....for any reason AND more importantly, The profits from Dinar investing isn't truly equated to any 'blessing' .......it profit. When or if we make profit, THEN, say a prayer of thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

SamT,

Really enjoying your posts. You are bringing a lot of clarity to the subject of prophets vs prophesies. I share the same understanding that you have regarding this subject.

Darkcleaver,

I've really enjoyed reading your conversation with SamT. I think there is a lot of mutual respect shown for each other even though you don't quite see things exactly the same. I appreciate your views but I'm a little concerned about the "one and done" as it applies to a prophetic message. IMHO, I would encourage you to ponder that for a while. It's a bit "tight" of a standard. So tight, in fact, that there is probably no person in the history of mankind (exception noted for Jesus) that could fulfill that standard. It is really more about the body of work instead of the specific point of reference -- unless the person speaking has done something so egregious that you cannot look past their behavior and they are considered tainted. Just something to think about and know that you are appreciated for having the courage to speak your beliefs.

Well hopefully more will find Ephesians 4:10-16. This has to be in full operation before Christ comes back.

Peace

Folks, I don't mean to burst anyone's belief system or disparage them in any manner, BUT faith, religious belief have NOTHING to do with investing or investments. The notion that God would speak to some turkey regarding a specific investment is insane.

See the street defininition of insane: multiple attempts doing something, expecting a different result each time.

Faith is essential to ones life, BUT, it has NOTHING to do or related to making decisions of an investment......if it does, the I would suggest, respectfully, you need to move to another hobby. God won't make you rich....for any reason AND more importantly, The profits from Dinar investing isn't truly equated to any 'blessing' .......it profit. When or if we make profit, THEN, say a prayer of thanks.

God cares about the things that concerns you. So if money is a concern then it concerns Him. We have to be careful about putting God in a box. By the way God made David rich, Solomon rich....thats what the word says not me. In Psalm 118:25 David prays that God would sent him prosperity.

Peace

• Upvote 2

For a Christian, the final and only authority is the Word of God. I happen to believe the King James Version is a translation that is accurate. When translations have different meanings, there is a major problem. That won't be the focus of this post, though! Sam T, please show me one example of a Biblical true prophet just making a mistake or needing to practice as the Charismatic movement teaches - or show me a prophesy that was just a mistake and that was ok with God. (There is a big difference between Charismatics and Pentecostals.) I don't know of anywhere that this is taught in scripture. Correct me if I am wrong. It is an awesome responsibility to give a Word from God! God's Word talks about words coming from God or man's own heart. If you don't know that a word is from God, you shouldn't ever speak it! Those of us who are not prophets, but are Christian, are to covet to prophesy. There is a hearing God's voice and His voice will not change. When God told Jonah to go to Ninivah, he didn't not go because he wasn't sure it was God speaking.

I absolutely believe there are true prophets today! When they speak, a person can count on it being the voice of God.

That said, I am not sure about George Robinson. Will something happen June 29? Did something happen May 29, end of May, or beginning of June that isn't known to us yet? I don't think the words that George said the Lord spoke are able to be discerned completely yet and I am not talking about what George "thought" the interpretation meant. Will that rate be $3.87 - $3.89?

• Upvote 1

For a Christian, the final and only authority is the Word of God. I happen to believe the King James Version is a translation that is accurate. When translations have different meanings, there is a major problem. That won't be the focus of this post, though! Sam T, please show me one example of a Biblical true prophet just making a mistake or needing to practice as the Charismatic movement teaches - or show me a prophesy that was just a mistake and that was ok with God. (There is a big difference between Charismatics and Pentecostals.) I don't know of anywhere that this is taught in scripture. Correct me if I am wrong. It is an awesome responsibility to give a Word from God! God's Word talks about words coming from God or man's own heart. If you don't know that a word is from God, you shouldn't ever speak it! Those of us who are not prophets, but are Christian, are to covet to prophesy. There is a hearing God's voice and His voice will not change. When God told Jonah to go to Ninivah, he didn't not go because he wasn't sure it was God speaking.

I absolutely believe there are true prophets today! When they speak, a person can count on it being the voice of God.

That said, I am not sure about George Robinson. Will something happen June 29? Did something happen May 29, end of May, or beginning of June that isn't known to us yet? I don't think the words that George said the Lord spoke are able to be discerned completely yet and I am not talking about what George "thought" the interpretation meant. Will that rate be $3.87 - $3.89?

When Jonah disobeyed God and ran from what God told him to do.Moses struck the rock for water. I would say that these are mistakes. The bible mentions groups of prophets. Do you think that Elijah trained Elisha? You are right about speaking from your own heart instead of God's word. The problem is that God deals with men who are weak and they fall short. I have been guilty many times of falling short, good thing for God's grace. There is also the immature prophets who speak too quickly. Deuteronomy 18:22 speaks of a prophet speaking presumptuously: do not be afraid of him. Overstepping your bounds is something a immature prophet might do. Jesus trained the Apostles. By the way in the Life Application Study Bible ( King James Version) it say that Jonah hated the Assyrians and He knew if he preached to them, he knew God would forgive them if they turned from their sin.

God knows that no man is perfect and makes mistakes, especially the ones who have just started out and they get excited and say things out of their flesh. You see I know someone God has called to a prophet, it is no easy thing, he has done things like trying to get ahead of God and opened his mouth when he was not suppose to. God has had to show him all the sin that is in his life. Not all at once but little by little. I have seen prophets whose character has not been developed. I say all these things in love. Of course, this is what I believe right now but I pray that I God will continue to grow me in His word. You see when God has to work with such a unclean vessel, there are many trials and tribulations. Your are right God's never changes but becoming a mature prophet is very hard especially if you do not have a person to train you.

May God bless you and that you walk in the favor for being a child of the Most High God.

Your brother in Christ

Sam

• Upvote 2

Sad sad sad------sounds like you are securing a life for yourself that will not have a happy ending. what are you going to say when you stand in the presence of God. Course if you truly don't think there is a god then this life is all you have. have a good day

What? Do I need to manipulate people into buying dinar buy using their faith against them before I can get to heaven? Sorry but the life I am securing for myself has nothing to do with that con. What you are saying is you have to believe this charlitan or you don't believe in God and I have to say that is the most ignorant statement I have heard on this forum.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sam T, When I asked you to show me mistakes from Scripture, I meant where someone honestly thought they heard God and then spoke something that He did not tell them to speak. In the examples you gave with Jonah and Moses, they both heard what God actually said and then did something different. I would say both examples are very clear on what God actually spoke.

I appreciated the scripture you listed and back up to Deut. 18:21 & 22: "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." Wow, backing up to verse 20 causes one to see the seriousness: "But the prophet which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." I notice there was no room at all for error. I understand that this is old testament, but show me just one place in the new testament that allows for prophesy to not come to pass. I am not talking about Charasmatic teaching, but Bible teaching.

I appreciated the scripture you listed and back up to Deut. 18:21 & 22: "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." Wow, backing up to verse 20 causes one to see the seriousness: "But the prophet which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." I notice there was no room at all for error. I understand that this is old testament, but show me just one place in the new testament that allows for prophesy to not come to pass. I am not talking about Charasmatic teaching, but Bible teaching.

I know of no place in the New Testament where it allows for prophecy to fail. But I remember a story about Isaiah, he told King Hezekiah that he should his house in order, for you shall die, and not live but the King prayed and God give Him 15 more years. In essence the what the prophet said did not happen because God changed it. But the prophesy did not come to pass. I just remembered that Elijah told Ahab some things about his demise but the Lord changed it later because Ahab humbled himself. 1 Kings 21:17-29 These are situations where the prophets prophecy did not come to pass because God changed it, why would it be any different today. I still have a lot to learn about the ways of God and His word.

Your brother in Christ

Sam

I am not familiar with Charismatic teachings.

Sam

Edited by Sam T
  • Upvote 1

Me too! Lots to learn!! I also thought about those scriptures where God allowed for changes. In these instances, though, the change was made prior to the expiration of the fulfillment of the first word.

So by what you said a prophet can changes what he originally said. He could in other words revise it before the day it expirations. I don't God in box because He can do anything He wants.

Peace to you

Hi Group,

I don't follow George Robinson. I don't listen to his teachings. I don't listen to his predictions. Nothing against him but he is not the one I go to for news or education. He put himself out there in the public eye with a "guru" type prediction that appears to be like every other guru prediction -- wrong!

So, here's my question and I'm not accusing or trying to get anyone upset. Mainly just trying to stir up thinking and good conversation. There's a common viewpoint in these dinar forum threads that GR is a false prophet. When do we decide that a prophet is fake? Is it after one missed prediction? Is it after two? Is it after 10? You see, I readlily admit that I don't follow George Robinson in any thing that he does or says. With that being said, I don't know his heart or his track record on his prognostications of matters of faith or flesh. Are there any involved in this thread that actually follow George Robinsons teachings and can affirm that he misses the mark often? If so, we would all benefit from hearing from you.

I will say that George Robinson put himself in the middle of the bullseye with his prediction. That's probably why he should not have done so. However, I don't know any person, and I've met a lot of people, who doesn't miss the mark often themselves on many, many issues. As far as it pertains to missing the mark on matters of faith, it is considered a good thing for men to be teachable, to learn from their mistakes/ experiences and to learn from others. What that means is that although a person thinks one way early in their walk with their creator, they change their views and teachings as they themselves learn and grow. I can imagine if any asked GR, he would say that he still has much to learn and much growing to do in his walk with his creator. It is a slow process. Line upon line. Precept upon precept. Getting things wrong then having the opportunity to get it right at another time. Of course, when you put the "thus sayith the Lord...." before your point, you better know the voice of God in your life.

just sayin -

Thank you for your common sense thinking. But on this forum, I don't think you will get "thinking and good conversation". Most people here, as I have observed, are very low vibrational beings. They love the negative stabbings they give out. But back to your message...no one is perfect...you are right. So I guess the others feel they should throw the stones at George as it is easier to do that than to look at their own lives. I am with George. If he misses it...so what! As you pointed out we are all growing in our walk...we at least some of us are growing. It is a slow process, but there is a reason for everything. So...folks we just have to know the dinar will RV when it RV's. Tomorrow would be great, but I'll still take it if it RV's in August. I believe God is giving us time to plan what to do with the money. We are not to blow it. We are to help folks with it. Provide for your family, get them set up, then help folks. It's a big responsibility to handle properly large amounts of money. I use to work for the lottery. Most who won the big jackpot were bankrupt within 5 years. Be wise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

*cough*

Uhh, I'll try and legitimize the bump!

To recap, Mr. Robinson prophesied that the Dinar would RV:

"...the end of May, first of June, 29...." @ $3.89

I've broken the prophecy into 4 parts:

1) the first period mentioned

2) the second period mentioned (note that it was phrased exactly like (1) and should be assumed to mean a period, not a DAY

3) the unexplained (by Mr. Robinson, or anyone else for that matter) number

and (4) the rate

I'm not going to go back and spend hours digging through past posts/info/reports to see what, if anything, happened that could fit into (1) and (2). If anyone has any conjecture, go for it.

What I will do however is focus on (3) and (4).

I'll cut to the chase and say this: with all of the secular sources pointing to the end of this month it seems possible that the "29" could very well mean June 29th. Next Wednesday.

When that day comes and goes, or IF the RV occurs on that day at anything other than $3.89, Mr. Robinson is a false prophet. It'll pain me to make that accusation, but nevertheless. Do you think politicians should be accountable? Well how much more so Christian leaders?

Take care.

EDIT: switched to 1-4 instead of A-B. Heh.

Edited by Darkcleaver

If you are not a believer in the "second birth" in Jesus Christ, then this post is not for you. If you are, I want to throw my 2 cents worth in, although I have only read a few of these posts for and against George Robinson. Some are simply rants against Christianity, which I understand may be expressions of your frustrations towards phony "christians" and christian-con artists, which I myself have seen plenty. Some have claimed to be preachers. As a landlord, I have rented to all kinds, good and bad.

The Apostle Paul said, "Follow me as I follow Christ". God the Holy Spirit can communicate to any of us by all sorts of ways. If He could not, He would not be God, would He?

We pray and talk to God, so should we not expect Him to answer? I think that is rational, if we are talking to our heavenly Father, the Creator of the Universe, we should expect him to be able to communicate to us....

I believe God speaks to us, and we may hear, or receive His communication, but can misunderstand or misapply what He is trying to say. A child runs off to complete a task without fully understanding what a parent is requesting, a sign of maturity.

However, a major league baseball player who gets a hit 4 times out of 10 is considered a huge success. Do we fire him for swinging 6 or 7 times and missing completely? No, we know practice is the mother of skill, and so it hearing from God, and applying that "word" or communication, in my opinion.

It seeems those who criticize the exercising of the "gifts" of the Holy Spirit are those who never tried themselves, or who think God the Holy Spirit left the earth when Jesus ascended to Heaven after His resurrection. In fact, Jesus himself said he left so the Holy Spirit come and fill all believers, which first manifested on the day of Pentecost in the upper room, filling all 120 as the fire of the Holy Spirit "lit them up". Read the first couple books of Acts and see for yourself what happened to Peter who denied Christ 3 times after being filled with the fire of the Holy Spirit.

But I digress.....

I have a personal friend named Cory who was a successful landscaper with his own company. He had not done well in college, so he dropped out and worked with his hands and strong back and expanded his grass cutting service into a full blown landscaping and horticultural business.

I was present the day the Holy Spirit filled him so full, with such fire, that he was changed completely over 15 years ago. He shared tonight that at a certain intersection here in Oakland County, Michigan, he heard the audible voice of God speak to him that he would someday lecture at Oxford University in England. He sold his landscaping business, and much like Peter the fisherman, went to follow Jesus. Cory attended several bible colleges, then attended major universities, and began to study history of the 1600's and 1700's, both political and religious, along with the major revivals that occurred in different parts of the civilized world, and the persecution and all the political ramifications that followed, etc, etc.

It took Cory almost 14 long years to get his Phd in history, with original studies places throughtout Europe and the United States. Along the way, he also obtained 2 masters, and taught in several under leading professors. He applied to Oxford for a teaching position, but was turned down, and thought he had not heard properly the voice of God that spoke to him 15 long years ago when he was in his middle 20's, especially after being fired from a major private college for wanting to teach true history and not watered down 21 st century Detroit history to his 9th grade students, and passing them with high grades regardless of their performance, to satisfy the rich parents paying high tuition...

Guess what? Cory has been invited to attend a major conference at Oxford, England in September, and give a complete lecture based on his doctoral thesis...It has been a long, hard journey, and Cory is now in his 40's. He has no possessions, a wife and child to support, but the God who he misunderstood 15 years ago was guiding Cory for his purpose, knowing there would be a need for a true historian with documented proof of how history repeats itself, both politically and religiously. God has prepared Cory to be a "voice" of unvarnished history and truth, to our generation and to future generations of seekers of Truth!

Cory took a lot of swings, went down a lot of dead end roads, but never gave up because of the voice that not only called him, but the ability to learn words and speak as a professor of history that also was a gift from the Holy Spirit. Cory will be up to bat at Oxford, England in September, and I know he will hit a home run, and God will open up a door for him to bless and be blessed!

George Robinson is already a blessed man, and has outlived many physical things that should have taken his life. He has seen the supernaturel power of God healing and delivering hundreds in third world countries. He is financially well off, and had nothing personal to gain by sharing his predictions of the revaluing of the Dinar. I for one believe God did speak to him, and I appreciate his well meaning attempt to share the investment success he anticipates for himself.

Regardless, I need to hear God for myself, even if it is just a deep peace that "all is well with my soul" before I make major decisions concerning my family and my life. I cannot base my actions and decisions on God speaking to another, it is up to me to be personally led by the Spirit of God. A child must follow others, an adult takes responsibility for their own actions after serious study and research. I had already invested in Dinar, but listening to George convicted me to share this with other friends and family members so they could at least have the opportunity.

I hope to meet George Robinson someday after the RV, and thank him for his encouragement that helped many others take the time to look into this opportunity and make a small investment and hopefully reap a reward.

God Bless America....America, Bless God!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Here we go again. MC, this is a site for investors, OK?

Thank you. Why is anyone still talking about George? His prediction, no matter who was whispering in his ear was wrong.....he teamed up with Frank26 who will endorse any multilevel marketing group that pays him enough money to endorse their product....like the hair regrowth product he claimed to be taking on one of his cc's, where he said it made his hair grow already in the back.....sorry Frank, even Rogaine takes months before you see any results, not days...

This site has been very respectful to George, even after his self proclaimed missed date......let him go in peace, and let us get back to this investment, since that is what we are here for....

First of all I would not call George's story about the Lord dealing with him about the dinar "prophecy". It was a private conversation between George and God that George chose to share with the world. If he had not, I would not even be aware of the Iraqi dinar at all. After being on this forum for a month, my original assessment that this whole revaluation was "Mission Impossible" has not changed. In the flesh, it does not make sense to me that a currency could revalued at over 3000 times its original worth. But George said the Lord told him that it would. And I believed. Would I be disappointed if the dinar revalued at 5.25 and George was wrong? Probably a little. The potential witness that this even could bring to non-believers is perhaps the most wonderful thing about this phenomena. It the revalue comes in at 3.87 or 3.89, how can they deny that God spoke to George? For how else could any man have a clue what was going to happen here? So bottom line, I don't think George can be labeled a false prophet in any case.

• Upvote 2

*cough*

Uhh, I'll try and legitimize the bump!

To recap, Mr. Robinson prophesied that the Dinar would RV:

"...the end of May, first of June, 29...." @ $3.89

I've broken the prophecy into 4 parts:

1) the first period mentioned

2) the second period mentioned (note that it was phrased exactly like (1) and should be assumed to mean a period, not a DAY

3) the unexplained (by Mr. Robinson, or anyone else for that matter) number

and (4) the rate

I'm not going to go back and spend hours digging through past posts/info/reports to see what, if anything, happened that could fit into (1) and (2). If anyone has any conjecture, go for it.

What I will do however is focus on (3) and (4).

I'll cut to the chase and say this: with all of the secular sources pointing to the end of this month it seems possible that the "29" could very well mean June 29th. Next Wednesday.

When that day comes and goes, or IF the RV occurs on that day at anything other than $3.89, Mr. Robinson is a false prophet. It'll pain me to make that accusation, but nevertheless. Do you think politicians should be accountable? Well how much more so Christian leaders?

Take care.

EDIT: switched to 1-4 instead of A-B. Heh.

Darkcleaver You calling George a prophet again I thought we already talked about this. Just because you can do a brake job doesn't make you a mechanic..

Much love

Sam T.

• Upvote 1

Thank you. Why is anyone still talking about George? His prediction, no matter who was whispering in his ear was wrong.....he teamed up with Frank26 who will endorse any multilevel marketing group that pays him enough money to endorse their product....like the hair regrowth product he claimed to be taking on one of his cc's, where he said it made his hair grow already in the back.....sorry Frank, even Rogaine takes months before you see any results, not days...

This site has been very respectful to George, even after his self proclaimed missed date......let him go in peace, and let us get back to this investment, since that is what we are here for....

Well said! George is a charlatan. Comparable to Peter Popoff

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2