Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question for KEEP and Scooter

Chassisman

Click link--> The Long Run film.com

A story of peer pressure, racism, child neglect, bullying, love, forgiveness & more!

Just one persons choices can effect SO MANY LIVES!

KEEP, DARIN, IMGESING, and all other DV members! I LOVE all the different opinions

we all have, but most of all am excited to know. . . IT WILL HAPPEN SOME DAY!

One step closer, these Kids are pulled out of bad situations, to make a film to impact others through their experiences! We will be proud to impact other teens, kids, lost souls.

Waiting on funds the RV will provide! Gsmile.gifRV!

CHECK OUT MY GALLERY!

Edited by MovieMaker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Invasion Profiteering is more appropriate. Wasn't that the goal? Profit.

Hmm

Depends, when they shipped all those USD bills over, maybe they were supplied with IQD in the meantime when they got introduced.

Sort of an exchange of currencies... Basically going down like this.

Okay here is a couple billion USD, when you get your newly printed currency, we will hold the equal value in USD, but hold it in dinars...

The rise in value would only be a slight benefit for the US.

Could we call it profiteering? Hard to say as, many have said, the CBI sets the rate... Could just be a simple exchanging of currencies.

A speculative market means we can all speculate all we want based on the news we believe to be true including financial reports released.

If any of you seriously believe that the intel or press released data is fully supported by the truth than I will say good luck in your thinking. The FEW who know what is behind the iron curtain of truth in this will never allow the likes of us to know. So for those of you who hold any one to GURU status on their flimsy at best ideas of rates in my HUMBLE opinion should take off your blinders and read for yourself or consult those who actually have been in FOREX and internaltional monitary trade for a while.

Anyone can come to this or any site and profess their ideas. When they believe in their truth as the gospel of truth is when I usually sit back and watch and laugh as others fall in line. I tend to read as much as I can and stay away from un-news worthy statements and even question those articles of news. IRAQ has been painting a political road map for some time. The direction of which is not too hard to see when you put all the pieces in place.

Those who say this will be below a 1.00 USD rate have again IMHO not looked at the plan in play or the facts leading up to this point.

I am not betting on this finalizing by the 30th but this is what seems to be indicated.

Peace...

Thanks for that grounded and intelligent post. I have said the same about the misguided truths of governments and there is no way we are going to be fed 100% true info into such an investment. Iraq will be a vast opportunity for future investing and they stand to profit at a level many can't grasp. Under sanctions they are required to be transparent( to a point) but there are things we have no clue of. 1 such thing is frozen assets. Can anyone tell me how much in frozen assets Iraq has? I don't believe that has to be transparent. Oil reserves are continually increasing and who knows how much they can actually claim in reserves because that I believe will always be changing. I feel keeps may still be one of the most grounded members and maybe sometimes that holds him back from opening up to other possibilities. I have not always agreed with him but certainly respect his views and hard work. I don't think it is practical to focus on any one detail to determine a potential rate. Whether its news, CBI , UN, or just intellegently crunching numbers, all the facts are not there nor will they ever be. So when the RV does happen someone will be close or even spot on, but that will only be by chance. When the RV occurs may be easier to conclude but their agenda will still be their agenda and can obviously change at any moment. So I guess I do dissagree in part to your opinion Keeps on Iraq not being able to support a $1+ rv. But I do agree on how you come to your views, I just feel that not all the facts are present to make any type of conclusion. Thanks for Keepn it real.

• Upvote 1

I think Invasion Profiteering is more appropriate. Wasn't that the goal? Profit.

:lol:@ "Invasion Profiteering"

I'm sure profit was at least one of the goals.....

When Iraq divided up its oil pie two years ago, the Russian company Lukoil won a slice equivalent to about 10 percent of Iraq’s known reserves.

It was part of a trend: Five of the six major fields, together representing several million barrels per day of potential output, went to European, Russian and Asian oil companies. It looked as though not much was going to companies from the United States, the country that took the leading role in the war.

But read the fine print of those contracts, and companies more familiar to Americans are now poised to benefit handsomely as the oil business picks up in Iraq.

The oil services companies Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford International and Schlumberger already won lucrative drilling subcontracts and are likely to bid on many more in one of the world’s richest markets for companies that drill oil wells. These days, that is not the oil majors.

Still think profiting from a currency change we arguably engineered, might be frowned upon by the international community.

I think a better question is.. Why are they soo late to the party when pressuring U.S. companies to invest into them? If the US wanted to find ways to profit, you think they would of done this nearly from the start.. Basically when they started creating the democracy over there.

How could they start pressuring US companies to invest into Iraq when there was nothing there but rubble?? Even now they dont have electricity in all places and running water....who in there right mind would dump millions into setting up businesses and corporations when even the basic of needs is no where to be found?? How long were the US troops still running combat missions?? Things needed to stabilize in Iraq first before thinking of pressuring your own countries companies to expand into Iraq....I would straight laugh in there face if they tried to come to me pushing going into Iraq the past 7 years.....its still a big mess over there....In time you can bet your dinar that there will be more and more companies jumping head first into Iraqs economy, but not with the turmoil present that has been rampid the last 7 years....its getting better, but still alot of work to do!!

I am new to this site, but, ladies and gentlemen, This is by far the best thread I have read in the 2 months since I have been surfing this site. Thank you.

Welcome to DV!! Probly the only one where you will see good conversations like this between members because we are actually able to disagree and voice our opinion and the members here arent drunk off the guru koolaid, believing every word that comes out of their mouths!!! Stick around....more like this to come! laugh.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How could they start pressuring US companies to invest into Iraq when there was nothing there but rubble?? Even now they dont have electricity in all places and running water....who in there right mind would dump millions into setting up businesses and corporations when even the basic of needs is no where to be found?? How long were the US troops still running combat missions?? Things needed to stabilize in Iraq first before thinking of pressuring your own countries companies to expand into Iraq....I would straight laugh in there face if they tried to come to me pushing going into Iraq the past 7 years.....its still a big mess over there....In time you can bet your dinar that there will be more and more companies jumping head first into Iraqs economy, but not with the turmoil present that has been rampid the last 7 years....its getting better, but still alot of work to do!!

Welcome to DV!! Probly the only one where you will see good conversations like this between members because we are actually able to disagree and voice our opinion and the members here arent drunk off the guru koolaid, believing every word that comes out of their mouths!!! Stick around....more like this to come! laugh.gif

Simple answer to your opinion.... Those that enter the market first, hold the advantage...

The IQD is a pure example.. If it were to indeed revalue, those that purchased it first got it at a better exchange rate. They're already ahead of the game to a certain degree.

So, with that said, the same can be considered through out the market. Those that get the ball rolling first, will be able to profit the most.

Remember, it is NOT easy to jump into their economy and setup shop. There are hurdles to jump, so, it is a process.

Therefore, great long-term investment opportunities to take advantage of would be corporations that are not yet up & running but in the process to soon be running over there.

Because, once they open and expand, they'll likely boom...

Simple answer to your opinion.... Those that enter the market first, hold the advantage...

The IQD is a pure example.. If it were to indeed revalue, those that purchased it first got it at a better exchange rate. They're already ahead of the game to a certain degree.

So, with that said, the same can be considered through out the market. Those that get the ball rolling first, will be able to profit the most.

Remember, it is NOT easy to jump into their economy and setup shop. There are hurdles to jump, so, it is a process.

Therefore, great long-term investment opportunities to take advantage of would be corporations that are not yet up & running but in the process to soon be running over there.

Because, once they open and expand, they'll likely boom...

I understand the concept of getting there first to take advantage of everything around you, but how could you even grow and expand as a business in a war zone??? Where anyday someone could walk right into your building and blow everything to pieces.....it would be silly to start that early....of course you wanna be the first ones in, but are you really going to risk your life and everything your putting into it to come up empty handed and dead?? Whats the point of getting started early when people are even scared to walk the streets in fear of being shot or targeted?? There is a fine line that corporations would need to walk in order to be successful and take advantage of things when the value of the currency is low......but to try and start almost immediately after the invasion is suicide...heck its still not a great situation over there but things are now to a point to where its stabillizing and the economy is piecing itself back together....so at this point in time to me would be the best time to start.....

I understand the concept of getting there first to take advantage of everything around you, but how could you even grow and expand as a business in a war zone??? Where anyday someone could walk right into your building and blow everything to pieces.....it would be silly to start that early....of course you wanna be the first ones in, but are you really going to risk your life and everything your putting into it to come up empty handed and dead?? Whats the point of getting started early when people are even scared to walk the streets in fear of being shot or targeted?? There is a fine line that corporations would need to walk in order to be successful and take advantage of things when the value of the currency is low......but to try and start almost immediately after the invasion is suicide...heck its still not a great situation over there but things are now to a point to where its stabillizing and the economy is piecing itself back together....so at this point in time to me would be the best time to start.....

Uhm, pretty sure if I started a business over there... I wouldn't be bringing foreign counterparts to run the business 24/7 for the duration of the life of the business. I am quite sure, what I would be intending to do, is hire locally to run the business.

Therefore, a higher official could keep in touch. Also, I am sure, a competent businesman would look for the least threatening areas. Kurdistan would be a "great" place to start in my opinion. Expand from there, as tensions are eased. Terrorists exist in the M.E., so with that said, what is the difference between being a business owner in S.A. or Kuwait? The risks are still there... A happy & content people will also help them take care of their own for people that are pontentially a threat to themselves.

Uhm, pretty sure if I started a business over there... I wouldn't be bringing foreign counterparts to run the business 24/7 for the duration of the life of the business. I am quite sure, what I would be intending to do, is hire locally to run the business.

Therefore, a higher official could keep in touch. Also, I am sure, a competent businesman would look for the least threatening areas. Kurdistan would be a "great" place to start in my opinion. Expand from there, as tensions are eased. Terrorists exist in the M.E., so with that said, what is the difference between being a business owner in S.A. or Kuwait? The risks are still there... A happy & content people will also help them take care of their own for people that are pontentially a threat to themselves.

Well of course I wouldn't be bringing my own people over to iraq but even just me being the buisiness owner there is big time risk coming in too early after an invasion....the only companies I could see jumping in really early would be the ones that are soley focused on providing and helping to restore basic services such as electricity and plumbing and things of the sort....gthat would get a huge leg up on the competition coming in early and especially right after war time when they got knocked back into the stone age lol....but now let's look at present day and american companies starting businesses in Iraq....it surely wouldn't help the US at all seeing as how there would be nothing going back into our economy because they are not required to pay any taxes back to the US (WHICH IS WHY A LOT OF COMPANIES OUTSOURCE JOBS NOW) the only payback I see coming back to the US would be the companies drilling oil which seems to have been an idea anyway for repayment of all the money we spent on the war.....I don't doubt foriegn investors coming in will help iraqs economy, I just think its still a little early to see any major benefits to iraqs economy until things stabilize a tad more, banking reform is complete, and the process of starting up businesses improve

Well of course I wouldn't be bringing my own people over to iraq but even just me being the buisiness owner there is big time risk coming in too early after an invasion....the only companies I could see jumping in really early would be the ones that are soley focused on providing and helping to restore basic services such as electricity and plumbing and things of the sort....gthat would get a huge leg up on the competition coming in early and especially right after war time when they got knocked back into the stone age lol....but now let's look at present day and american companies starting businesses in Iraq....it surely wouldn't help the US at all seeing as how there would be nothing going back into our economy because they are not required to pay any taxes back to the US (WHICH IS WHY A LOT OF COMPANIES OUTSOURCE JOBS NOW) the only payback I see coming back to the US would be the companies drilling oil which seems to have been an idea anyway for repayment of all the money we spent on the war.....I don't doubt foriegn investors coming in will help iraqs economy, I just think its still a little early to see any major benefits to iraqs economy until things stabilize a tad more, banking reform is complete, and the process of starting up businesses improve

You some-what right though.

The start of the process of infusing cash, should begin now...

Or starting of the process of working out deals to setup businesses.

Hotels, restaurants, markets, appliance stores, electronic stores, clothing stores, etc. They'll be up soon...

Smart companies just have to beat out their competitors to be there first.