Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It finally happened!

Jimmyreno

I've been around for a while mostly lurk and sometimes post. It happened today, my business has been holding on by a shoestring for about a year but today I found out that we will be closing our doors in two weeks due to the sour economy and lack of sales.

My RV prediction is $1.17 by June 11th. I've been waiting to whizz on the bosses desk per Possum for over a year and it is getting on crunch time for that to happen. I mean I still go the yard but it is not the same as letting him know how I feel! Lol!

Just to let you all know how I stand I will be actively looking for a new job starting tomorrow instead of starting on my two years paid vacation from the federal gov't financed by you and me. I've never taken unemployment and after 35 years don't plan to start now. Oh, an by the way, yes I do love ramen noodles.

Go freedom!!!! And go RV !!! And thank you to all the vets who fought for the freedom for me to have a new opportunity in life! Cheers! Hears to looking forward.

James

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, as a taxpayer, I want you to file for unemployment. Please take a share from all of us. I am comforted that you have scruples, and will be actively seeking employment. I won't go into what other kinds of people I would have doubts about.

Please file and protect yourself. We need people like you to make it, to survive. You will teach children and grandchildren the same sentiments, the value of an "earned" dollar. Pride has it's place, but this isn't the time to take those chances, unless you've been fortunate enough to be able to prepare for it.

It's a hand up, not a hand out. Bless you and good luck!

• Upvote 10

My prayer is that you will find new work real soon...meantime - apply for the unemployment benefits - it will help you through till that job comes and more importantly I hope the RV happens before you need to do either!

• Upvote 1

Good luck on getting work. It doesn't need to be a JOB with a boss, just something that you can do to create an income for your family. Hopefully, the RV will be just around the corner and you will be enjoying investing, sipping an ice tea, watching the family on the beach. B)

Good hunting.

RV! RV! RV! :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

Take whatever financial help you can get. You've paid into that for this purpose for 35 years, and people like you are who all of us pay into it to help. In fact, you could be any of us. Besides, it doesn't pay much, so you can still eat raman noodles until you get another paycheck coming in. You won't need it long--the dinar will kick in soon. Meantime, do whatever you have to do to make it. Don't lose any property or even a night's sleep about this--just take the money!!

Francie26

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, and most importantly Prayers. I'm keeping my chin up! But no thanks to Harry is is hard in my line of work in Nevada. I just want to work so I have an excuse not to pull the weeds in the back yard. Thank You DV and God bless our troops!!! And God bless Iraq!

Go RV!!

James

• Upvote 4

WOW! for being in such a stinky situation, you sure have a fantastic attitude. They say attitude is everything.

I do know that, GOOD ATTITUDE is where all GOOD THINGS start, or in your case start over, and I don't mean that in a negative way,

I mean that if you want things to be GOOD, keep up the good attitude. You are awsome! You seem like a very level headed, & a nice person.

You will be blessed and I will pray for that! wink.gif

• Upvote 3

You should get Chef Ramsey over there stat! ;)

Right!!! I know! We are thinking of taking the concept to Omaha, Nebraska. I hear they like good Louisiana cooking in the upper Midwest. I'll put my menu against Ramsey anytime!

• Upvote 2

Jimmyreno by all means draw it, if you have paid in for 35 years you would draw a fraction of what you paid in. You have already paid in for all the people who are not justified to draw but got it anyway so now go for it. In my book it legal, you earned it go for it.

I've been around for a while mostly lurk and sometimes post. It happened today, my business has been holding on by a shoestring for about a year but today I found out that we will be closing our doors in two weeks due to the sour economy and lack of sales.

My RV prediction is $1.17 by June 11th. I've been waiting to whizz on the bosses desk per Possum for over a year and it is getting on crunch time for that to happen. I mean I still go the yard but it is not the same as letting him know how I feel! Lol!

Just to let you all know how I stand I will be actively looking for a new job starting tomorrow instead of starting on my two years paid vacation from the federal gov't financed by you and me. I've never taken unemployment and after 35 years don't plan to start now. Oh, an by the way, yes I do love ramen noodles.

Go freedom!!!! And go RV !!! And thank you to all the vets who fought for the freedom for me to have a new opportunity in life! Cheers! Hears to looking forward.

James

I remember about 25 years ago when I got laid-off from the oil fields and went maybe 3 or 4 weeks without getting paid and about all I could do was draw on my unemployment which I've never done before and didn't want to start now.

So I took out about $500 that I had saved and went and got me a lawn mower, weed eater and a blower as I felt that I could do this for a few months till the oil fields pick back up.

Well needless to say I did this for the next 24 years and this is in the heat of deep S. Texas which can run anywhere from 90 to 110 with the heat index.

What I'm saying Jimmy is you do have choices and I wish you much success.

As I've always said it is not how hard you work but how smart you work.lol

so sorry for your current situation --- but I've always believed (and witnessed first hand more times than I'd like to admit ;) ) that when one door closes, another one opens --- and I get from your post that you are remaining positive which is imho essential for that next door to be even better than the previous! May God bless you and your family as you pass through this trial!!

James

[/quote

Just remember work is the curse of the drinking classes and all work an no play makes Johny a dull boy.

James

Good approach to a tough situation. My grandparents like many came through the depression and one thing my Grandma always said even in those times there was work if you wanted it bad enough. Some folks just won't do labor that they believe is beneath them. I paid my way through college as a custodian cleaning crappers and the experience wasn't pleasant, but made me work that much harder in school.