Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's put all these bank rumors to rest

len

My sister in law is a branch VP @ 5/3 bank in MI. She is in town visiting so I asked her if she ever hears anything about Iraqi Dinar. She said they got a memo a few weeks back that the bank would no longer sell them. I asked if they stated why? She said she believed it was for legal reasons; afraid of repercussions if the investment didn't work out.

Now I believe this is a silly reason as they were not soliciting nor promoting the sales; but we all know the sue happy environment we live in.

Lastly, there has never been a memo, or a come in early for an important meeting about the Dinar in the a.m., ever given out.

So could we please stop with the bank rumor B.S as you will know about the RV before your bank teller or branch manager does.

• Upvote 4

AMEN!!!! The fact that anyone would believe a bank teller or manager would know anything about or speak anything about an upcoming rv of the dinar are the same people that live their life in the rumor section. Live your life and when it happens you will know. Peace.

• Upvote 1

The only thing they really stated for fact was they were being called in early.

Hi,

I am fairly new to this board because I knew nothing of a potential RV until I started hearing it from some of my customers a few months ago. I decided to take a shot and bought a few hundred dollars worth of Dinar thinking it was like playing the lottery. Anyway, I received a call from my bank manager a few minutes ago instructing me to come in tomorrow at 7:30 instead of the normal 8:30. When I asked why, I was told that I would be given more info tomorrow morning. However, he did say that there is a mandatory conference call tomorrow dealing with "something we all thought to be a scam but now doesn't look like it." Anyway, could be nothing but could be something big too!

Read more:

Could be bad checks or kiting.

Yeah... what was stated was an early meeting regarding a scam that was no longer a scam... But you would think that it would be all branches of 5/3, not just one. We heard from boots that several other branches weren't being called in early. Makes me think it is something specific to that particular branch... hmm... doubt it has anything to do with Dinar myself.

The only reason there are bank rumors is because you post about a bank rumor. If you stopped, you would not be adding to the bank rumor. Kind of like those that debunk the cash ins in Dubai. Do we really need countless posts telling us something we should be smart enough on our own to know? These posts remind me of people that go on Jerry Springer.

While I def agree that the bank tellers or managers wont know when an RV is happening or any kind of rate, If personalbanker is telling the truth about what his manager said I am curious as to what he could be referring to not being a scam anymore or something along those lines....it could be completely non related to dinar (which in most cases it is) but I guess we shall see!!!

Is she on vacation out of state now?

Yes but they call her incessantly, she knows I'm invested.....so she would tell me if she did hear anything.

While I def agree that the bank tellers or managers wont know when an RV is happening or any kind of rate, If personalbanker is telling the truth about what his manager said I am curious as to what he could be referring to not being a scam anymore or something along those lines....it could be completely non related to dinar (which in most cases it is) but I guess we shall see!!!

I agree keepm it is interesting....but people tend to read too much into every little thing. My point is they called over the weekend and said to come in early Monday am...right? That would mean the RV would have already taken place. I believe we will know before the bank managers.....JMO

• Upvote 1

The only reason there are bank rumors is because you post about a bank rumor. If you stopped, you would not be adding to the bank rumor. Kind of like those that debunk the cash ins in Dubai. Do we really need countless posts telling us something we should be smart enough on our own to know? These posts remind me of people that go on Jerry Springer.

If you can read I didn't post a bank rumor sir. I confirmed a memo about 5/3 not selling Dinar.

Have a nice night and learn to read more carefully before making comments it makes you look bad

I went into the 5/3 shadyside pittsburgh on friday to buy a couple million dong....they wont sell that to me either unless I was going to vietnam! I asked why the dong and he stated people are losing to much money on this. I didnt even want to get into it with them....all three tellers was looking at me like i was crazy..They suggested opening a forex account. While I do understand the whole sue happy crowd, it sucks that people are to freakin stupid to understand this whole thing is speculation and it can go either way! 5/3 should understand people like you and myself are well aware of the risks involved in this. I personally was planning upon rv to open a couple of accounts with 5/3 as they was the only bank in Pittsburgh to sell dinar, but now.....I will not open anything with them.....guess i should be writing this to them...lol.... but anyway no matter which way this thing goes, glad to be apart of it! Learned tons about iraq and ME...learned alot about speculation and finance in general........plus the online conversations/blogs with you all have been great!

I hope someday that one of Okies posts come true!!!! lol.. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I went into the 5/3 shadyside pittsburgh on friday to buy a couple million dong....they wont sell that to me either unless I was going to vietnam! I asked why the dong and he stated people are losing to much money on this. I didnt even want to get into it with them....all three tellers was looking at me like i was crazy..They suggested opening a forex account. While I do understand the whole sue happy crowd, it sucks that people are to freakin stupid to understand this whole thing is speculation and it can go either way! 5/3 should understand people like you and myself are well aware of the risks involved in this. I personally was planning upon rv to open a couple of accounts with 5/3 as they was the only bank in Pittsburgh to sell dinar, but now.....I will not open anything with them.....guess i should be writing this to them...lol.... but anyway no matter which way this thing goes, glad to be apart of it! Learned tons about iraq and ME...learned alot about speculation and finance in general........plus the online conversations/blogs with you all have been great!

Or perhaps tell them they need to make it up to you! LOL

That about sums it up Tropics. Garbage in, garbage out. Just stop the garbage.

Maybe a pipe broke in the bank, and the manager wanted the teller to come in earlier to clean up. Just a thought.

couldnt agree with you more mate ...... but banks arent stupid, basically all they would have to do is to get you to sign a disclaimer when purchasing dinar or dong and they could sell you as much as you wanted .... maybe there is more to the legal side of this other than what i think but from my experiences banks will never miss a trick to make a quick buck and the fact that so many are pulling out does have me a little nervous

• Upvote 1

I don't buy that a bank would stop someone from buying currency because it is a losing investment. That's like a movie theater refusing to sell you tickets because something is getting bad reviews.

A bank will sell you anything it can to make money off of you.

I just spent the weekend with my friend rafting. I brought up the dinar once since he is a bank manager for Wells Fargo. He said it sounded like a good potential but didn't know anything about it. He also didn't know about the currency exchange they just acquired.

The local branch managers aren't in deep enough to have any info. They are just running small bits of the operation.

A lot of good points made here..

I agree that only high officials may know of the actual rate & date. I believe they may only know it to a degree as well.

Considering that, it is hard to believe that any bank official would know more than we do. I believe they hear the same rumors we hear, but I don't think they get any type of information any quicker than most of us members. Luckily, we have many bank employees as members & hold IQD.

Another thing to consider, if anyone did have sensitive information regarding the IQD, one would have to make an assumption they would keep their lips sealed (for the most part) to a high level of degree. They may mention hints here in passing to others, but, nothing concrete.

I take all bank rumors with a grain of salt, but I continue to read them in hopes that I can further educate myself at any level.

I also feel the same way with those that watch forex, netdania, and other exchange sites for the smallest changes. One could simply just watch the CBI site and get the same info as I believe the rate will update their first & follow by the fx sites. They may update their rates prior to entering the market, but that is based soley on theory and speculation. None of us know, so we run scenarios through our head.

My sister in law is a branch VP @ 5/3 bank in MI. She is in town visiting so I asked her if she ever hears anything about Iraqi Dinar. She said they got a memo a few weeks back that the bank would no longer sell them. I asked if they stated why? She said she believed it was for legal reasons; afraid of repercussions if the investment didn't work out.

Now I believe this is a silly reason as they were not soliciting nor promoting the sales; but we all know the sue happy environment we live in.

Lastly, there has never been a memo, or a come in early for an important meeting about the Dinar in the a.m., ever given out.

So could we please stop with the bank rumor B.S as you will know about the RV before your bank teller or branch manager does.

totally accurate, same rationale several branches in Ohio gave me a month or so ago

The only thing they really stated for fact was they were being called in early.

Hi,

I am fairly new to this board because I knew nothing of a potential RV until I started hearing it from some of my customers a few months ago. I decided to take a shot and bought a few hundred dollars worth of Dinar thinking it was like playing the lottery. Anyway, I received a call from my bank manager a few minutes ago instructing me to come in tomorrow at 7:30 instead of the normal 8:30. When I asked why, I was told that I would be given more info tomorrow morning. However, he did say that there is a mandatory conference call tomorrow dealing with "something we all thought to be a scam but now doesn't look like it." Anyway, could be nothing but could be something big too!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1N8Il3yi1

Could be bad checks or kiting.

So sorry but if you read the other post was a fraud scheme. Trust me no low level banker will know before you do. Maybe a corporate exec but he won't leak the info!