Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why Not Yaun?

D-BUNK

I was reading Scooter's chat over at DD and he stated that the Chinese have agreed to raise their currency.

If that is true...why not get some?

I mean, the Yuan is actually cheaper than the Dinar and they are a WELL established govt. already. PLUS we all know that the Yuan should be higher than it is.

Anyone invested in the Yuan?

I was reading Scooter's chat over at DD and he stated that the Chinese have agreed to raise their currency.

I mean, the Yuan is actually cheaper than the Dinar and they are a WELL established govt. already. PLUS we all know that the Yuan should be higher than it is.

Uh, no..... :blink: ..... For one (1) US dollar, the current exchange rate for the Yuan is 6.58. This is significantly lower that the IQD. Perhaps you meant to say the Vietnamese Dong?

RRRRRVVVVVVV :woot: T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E E :woot: :woot: :woot:

• Upvote 1

Hi D-BUNK :)

Good question and quite possibly a prudent one indeed. If I may,

I would just like to share a few things I think is necessary at this time.

China is going to allow Yuan to raise, and it is also not a

secret that it is already being talked about that it may be

the new reserve currency within 3 - 4 years, 2015 being

a target date, possibly before. the USD$ is being abandoned

slowly and a growing number of countries have stated they

do not want to deal in the USD because of course, the condition

of the U.S. and a likely default.

Before one totally disregards that the US could ever default, if

one digs deep, researches data right from the horses mouth so to speak,

government agencies and look close at their very own figures, we are

in as bad a shape and worse than the PIIGS countries already facing

default. it is a sad fact, and Mr. Geithner just said the other day, *IF*

the US does not raise the debt ceiling, (which we should NOT), we

will default.

Now know and understand, the US WILL raise the ceiling AGAIN, and this

will occur several more times over the next 12 - 18 months until we cannot

prop up this facade any longer. Many of the larger economies and countries

already understand this, and the IMF has also commented that the US "lacks

credibility" concerning its debt and debt instruments...in other words we are

unable to actually meet our obligations to foreign holders of US treasury debt

instruments. Because of this, many are already doing business taking steps

away from the USD, because it is already known we cannot make good on

our obligations. Over 100 Trillion$ likely higher, of debt and unfunded

liabilities, this is NOT going to just disappear.

So in answer to your suggestion D-BUNK, as much as I am saddened to know

according to the FACTS, the true condition of this once great land, it may be a

very prudent currency to look further into over time, but there are caveats due to the

nature of world finance and structure at this time.

Having said this, the USD$ is not quite yet 'doomed'...and we are near another rally

in the USD$ although it may be very short term, according to the charts and data I

study daily, we are close to some improvement in the value, although it is just another

"FIAT" currency backed by nothing but public confidence...any potential rally within the

USD$ is likely to be a few months time at best. This action historically has shown to also

bring the price of markets lower, along with certain commodities, metals, oil, etc...but it will

only be for a short time *IF* at all, but the charts and data are positioned for this to occur, be it

ever so short lived. Over time, 2000 - 2008 events will be like a walk in the park, compared to

what is heading our way.

We are in serious trouble, there is no sugar coating this. I could throw the actual figures out

there, but why? It is so very bad and the figures so large, that most would simply overlook it due to the mind-boggling

nature of it all. No one thought just a few years ago that we would face this kind of meltdown, and

many have said "this will not happen". But it DID and it IS happening right now. it is truly insane

how it has come to this point. It started years ago...and no President will stop it because they are fearful

of being the one who everyone blames for watching our nation falter. So it continues and will not stop

until it implodes, inflation becomes a rampant wild fire, and all I will say at this time is simply this:

Everyone should take steps, as best as one can, and prepare for major disruptions to occur over the next

2 years or sooner. Now is the time to understand these things, and I am not sharing this to create

"drama". I am sharing this because I CARE. Listen, again, this is not going to go away, and we are also not

going to see our troubles vanish in the event of an IQD revaluation. That is the bottom line. Do not buy the

hype, it is not going to be "global reset"...*if* there is benefit derived via the IQD revaluation for Iraq, it is

likely to be VERY shortlived, and please do not underestimate this statement. I am not talking about

rumors, or internet gossip, I am talking straight from the facts and data i receive, and it is enough to

scare anyone as to how far we have dug the hole we find ourselves in, in this nation.

It is not a blame game...the blame is shouldered by several administrations, AND each and every consumer

who demanded cheaper and cheaper goods and products, and that destroyed our manufacturing base as

companies moved it out of country. A country cannot survive in a "service only" economy. That is fact, we must also

have production and manufacturing, but it has all but died at this time. It has been developing for years, and what

we see happening now, it is an illusion. There is NO recovery. Many within the government understand we are not

coming out of this unscathed as it will affect us all in some extremely difficult manners. We have become the largest

debtor nation on earth, and now China and other BRIC nations are slowly taking the leading role as we drive ourselves into

the ground. Another reason why the USD$ has collapsed over the last few years. It is very sad to watch, and yet

we are lied to everyday by our own government and media, that will not tell the truth that all the signs are already

present that the game is over. Please do not take this information lightly...it is shared out of concern for everyone.

I wish i could say differently, BUT that would be lying. This little bit of information is shared not to instill fear, but

to be a wake up call to us all. This research is part of my daily work, and sometimes, if I am not careful and

focused, it is easy to allow it to get the best of one. My trust is not in our economy, nor is it in a much desired

IQD revaluation, but there are days when it is troubling enough that I have to walk away for awhile because it can be

very grievous when the picture keeps getting darker and more bloated.

I apologize for the long post D-BUNK within your thread, but I sensed it should be shared and one can either

accept or reject it, but that does not change the facts and where we are headed. Be careful where each of us

places their trust...it may be quite a let down when reality strikes. The most encouraging word I could say at this

time is simply, do not be fooled or lulled into thinking it will all go away...GOD help us to understand many things

are indeed changing, faster than anyone could imagine. Never despair, we are NEVER without hope, but to believe

what we have seen up to this point in this nation, will somehow vanish, is to be deluded and live in an illusion.

Again, I am not at all trying to be a downer, just dealing with the facts and the need to at least

share them as best I can without getting too in depth, but enough to sound the alarm.

I wish you all the very best always. :)

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 8

I agree with Jim1cor13.

We are in very big trouble and need to get a grip on it. No one wants to be the

blame when in my opinion it clearly points to groups of greed and those who

will scam in anyway to put back into there pockets and or skip paying there

share. It’s become the American Way.

WASHINGTON – Treasury

Secretary Timothy Geithner says Republican leaders have privately assured the

Obama administration that Congress will raise the government's borrowing limit

in time to prevent an unprecedented default on the nation's debt.

But a top Republican quickly pushed back Sunday and said there was no

guarantee the GOP would agree to increase the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling

without further controls on federal spending.

Geithner told ABC's "This Week" and NBC's "Meet the

Press" that Republicans told President Barack Obama in a White House

meeting last Wednesday that they will go along with a higher limit.

"I want to make it perfectly clear that Congress will raise the debt

ceiling," Geithner said in the interviews taped Saturday and aired Sunday.

He said the leaders told Obama that they couldn't play around with the

government's credit rating. "They recognize it, and they told the

president that on Wednesday in the White House," Geithner said.

But Rep. Paul Ryan, the chairman of the House Budget Committee, said that

while it was true nobody wants the country to default, it's essential to

address future borrowing at the same time.

"We want cuts in spending accompanying a raising of the debt ceiling.

And that is what we have been telling the White House," Ryan said on CBS'

"Face the Nation."

Ryan, R-Wis., wrote the 2012 budget blueprint that the House passed on

Friday. The plan for the budget year that begins Oct. 1 cuts $6.2 trillion over

the coming decade and transforms Medicare for people under 55.

The government is projected to reach its borrowing limit no later than May

16 and risks going into an unprecedented default. Geithner has said he will

have a few options he can use that would delay a possible government default

until about July 8.

The looming credit crunch has heightened the tensions between the

administration and Republicans in Congress.

A last-minute deal last month between the White House and GOP avoided a

government shut down on a budget running through September. But Republicans are

seeking additional savings in the budget for next year, and say unless they get

them, they won't support raising the debt ceiling.

In an interview with The Associated Press on Friday, Obama predicted that

Congress would raise the debt ceiling, but he acknowledged that he would have

to offer more spending cuts in the budget to get a deal. Later, Obama's

spokesman said a debt ceiling vote could not be contingent on upcoming

negotiations over the budget.

If the debt ceiling is not raised, Obama told the AP that it would undermine

the solvency of the government, roil financial markets and potentially

"plunge the world economy back into a recession."

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said the country's financial

crisis is "so imminent and so difficult that I think we have to allow the

so-called Bush tax cuts all to expire."

The House budget blueprint would extend those tax cuts at all income levels.

"I think that what we have to become aware of is that if we allow taxes

to fill in the holes here, we are going to find that we are getting ever closer

to the type of economies that exist in Europe, which are very heavily laden and

not rapidly growing the ways ours can," Greenspan said on NBC.

Assessing the current economic state, he said "there's a lot of

headwinds that are hitting the economy now and slowing it down, and we are in a

soft patch."

• Upvote 3

Jim, In your opinion, what steps would or could one take to prepare for these disruptions?

Outside of being debt-free, do you have suggestions as to how one may maintain thru these times you are speaking of?

How should we prepare so we may not loose everything and still be able to feed our families?

What length of time are you thinking this disruption will last and will our Country get back on our feet?

What kind of time frame?

I don't mean to be asking for free advice, but I guess that is what I'm doing..I respect your opinions and knowledge on this subject and would very much appreciate your insight.

Thanking you in advance.

barb

• Upvote 2

JIM,

That by far was the BEST, WELL WRITTEN post I've seen in months. Thank you very very much for sharing because I am with you my friend!!!

On a second note, we are but one trigger away from seeing this thing collapse southward. When this goes down, I hope the "big guy" upstairs has mercy on us all because this country will experience something that we've seen before!!! I hope and pray this can be avoided and I'm optimistic from the news recently about China and the IMF but I'm so very angry at the past 5 -6 administrations and Congresses. These people should be in JAIL for hiding the truth and spending money that was never ever ever there. But the sad fact is WE the PEOPLE allowed these CRIMINALS to do this and the only work around I can see is scrap it and start over with a fresh system and put into play Term Limits on all politicians!!!

I've said this in the past, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get some professional financial and legal help if you have a large windfall from the IQD. And, NO I'm not selling anything, just some friendly advice.

Best regards,

Scooter

Hi D-BUNK :)

Good question and quite possibly a prudent one indeed. If I may,

I would just like to share a few things I think is necessary at this time.

China is going to allow Yuan to raise, and it is also not a

secret that it is already being talked about that it may be

the new reserve currency within 3 - 4 years, 2015 being

a target date, possibly before. the USD$ is being abandoned

slowly and a growing number of countries have stated they

do not want to deal in the USD because of course, the condition

of the U.S. and a likely default.

Before one totally disregards that the US could ever default, if

one digs deep, researches data right from the horses mouth so to speak,

government agencies and look close at their very own figures, we are

in as bad a shape and worse than the PIIGS countries already facing

default. it is a sad fact, and Mr. Geithner just said the other day, *IF*

the US does not raise the debt ceiling, (which we should NOT), we

will default.

Now know and understand, the US WILL raise the ceiling AGAIN, and this

will occur several more times over the next 12 - 18 months until we cannot

prop up this facade any longer. Many of the larger economies and countries

already understand this, and the IMF has also commented that the US "lacks

credibility" concerning its debt and debt instruments...in other words we are

unable to actually meet our obligations to foreign holders of US treasury debt

instruments. Because of this, many are already doing business taking steps

away from the USD, because it is already known we cannot make good on

our obligations. Over 100 Trillion$ likely higher, of debt and unfunded

liabilities, this is NOT going to just disappear.

So in answer to your suggestion D-BUNK, as much as I am saddened to know

according to the FACTS, the true condition of this once great land, it may be a

very prudent currency to look further into over time, but there are caveats due to the

nature of world finance and structure at this time.

Having said this, the USD$ is not quite yet 'doomed'...and we are near another rally

in the USD$ although it may be very short term, according to the charts and data I

study daily, we are close to some improvement in the value, although it is just another

"FIAT" currency backed by nothing but public confidence...any potential rally within the

USD$ is likely to be a few months time at best. This action historically has shown to also

bring the price of markets lower, along with certain commodities, metals, oil, etc...but it will

only be for a short time *IF* at all, but the charts and data are positioned for this to occur, be it

ever so short lived. Over time, 2000 - 2008 events will be like a walk in the park, compared to

what is heading our way.

We are in serious trouble, there is no sugar coating this. I could throw the actual figures out

there, but why? It is so very bad and the figures so large, that most would simply overlook it due to the mind-boggling

nature of it all. No one thought just a few years ago that we would face this kind of meltdown, and

many have said "this will not happen". But it DID and it IS happening right now. it is truly insane

how it has come to this point. It started years ago...and no President will stop it because they are fearful

of being the one who everyone blames for watching our nation falter. So it continues and will not stop

until it implodes, inflation becomes a rampant wild fire, and all I will say at this time is simply this:

Everyone should take steps, as best as one can, and prepare for major disruptions to occur over the next

2 years or sooner. Now is the time to understand these things, and I am not sharing this to create

"drama". I am sharing this because I CARE. Listen, again, this is not going to go away, and we are also not

going to see our troubles vanish in the event of an IQD revaluation. That is the bottom line. Do not buy the

hype, it is not going to be "global reset"...*if* there is benefit derived via the IQD revaluation for Iraq, it is

likely to be VERY shortlived, and please do not underestimate this statement. I am not talking about

rumors, or internet gossip, I am talking straight from the facts and data i receive, and it is enough to

scare anyone as to how far we have dug the hole we find ourselves in, in this nation.

It is not a blame game...the blame is shouldered by several administrations, AND each and every consumer

who demanded cheaper and cheaper goods and products, and that destroyed our manufacturing base as

companies moved it out of country. A country cannot survive in a "service only" economy. That is fact, we must also

have production and manufacturing, but it has all but died at this time. It has been developing for years, and what

we see happening now, it is an illusion. There is NO recovery. Many within the government understand we are not

coming out of this unscathed as it will affect us all in some extremely difficult manners. We have become the largest

debtor nation on earth, and now China and other BRIC nations are slowly taking the leading role as we drive ourselves into

the ground. Another reason why the USD$ has collapsed over the last few years. It is very sad to watch, and yet

we are lied to everyday by our own government and media, that will not tell the truth that all the signs are already

present that the game is over. Please do not take this information lightly...it is shared out of concern for everyone.

I wish i could say differently, BUT that would be lying. This little bit of information is shared not to instill fear, but

to be a wake up call to us all. This research is part of my daily work, and sometimes, if I am not careful and

focused, it is easy to allow it to get the best of one. My trust is not in our economy, nor is it in a much desired

IQD revaluation, but there are days when it is troubling enough that I have to walk away for awhile because it can be

very grievous when the picture keeps getting darker and more bloated.

I apologize for the long post D-BUNK within your thread, but I sensed it should be shared and one can either

accept or reject it, but that does not change the facts and where we are headed. Be careful where each of us

places their trust...it may be quite a let down when reality strikes. The most encouraging word I could say at this

time is simply, do not be fooled or lulled into thinking it will all go away...GOD help us to understand many things

are indeed changing, faster than anyone could imagine. Never despair, we are NEVER without hope, but to believe

what we have seen up to this point in this nation, will somehow vanish, is to be deluded and live in an illusion.

Again, I am not at all trying to be a downer, just dealing with the facts and the need to at least

share them as best I can without getting too in depth, but enough to sound the alarm.

I wish you all the very best always. :)

All my best!

Jim

---

Learning all I can,

Here's two friendly suggestions:

Number one --- Stock up on lots and lots of Food items and Water because there will be shortages in every aspect.

Number Two ---- Get professional Financial help and diversify your portfolio -- this will help hedge against a crippling USD. When Hyper-Inflation occurs, and it will with the pent-up demand we have, I know I want my holdings outside the USD. Seek some financial assistance for advice.

Not trying to scare anybody either, just trying to provide some insight. Jim is correct, this has been building for several decades.

I hope this helps and I wish you have a great evening,

Scooter

Jim, In your opinion, what steps would or could one take to prepare for these disruptions?

Outside of being debt-free, do you have suggestions as to how one may maintain thru these times you are speaking of?

How should we prepare so we may not loose everything and still be able to feed our families?

What length of time are you thinking this disruption will last and will our Country get back on our feet?

What kind of time frame?

I don't mean to be asking for free advice, but I guess that is what I'm doing..I respect your opinions and knowledge on this subject and would very much appreciate your insight.

Thanking you in advance.

barb

• Upvote 4

I am glad to see others have been keeping their eye on the ball.

We were in trouble in 1929, and each administration has kept kicking the can down the road.

FDR came out with HR-1491, Revised the 1917 Trading with the Enemies Act (USCS12, 95B), and in doing so, Congress established the War and Emergency Powers Act; effectively voting themselves out of the loop to ever be able to repeal it.

The FDR Regime saw the largest expansion in Government ever seen to date.

Other administrations have tried hard to meet his pace.

Executive Orders flowed like water; each in response to an "Emergency" that we were at "War" with.

Nixon let Bretton Woods sundown in 1971, and Inflation, as we know it today was born.

Clinton reduced the Banking 10% Margin Call to 3%; the Housing Bubble was born

Bush let the PNAC crowd turn the GOP into NeoCons.

Congress became marginalized to the point of being a dog and pony show; each hoping things didn't come unwound on their watch.

(When you see the Congress Critters start resigning en-masse, you will know the defecation is about to hit the rotary oscillator).

The US is starting to pay the price for years of Economic Terrorism. Munch all you want; we'll print more...

According to the government, we have no inflation, but world food prices have risen over 30% in the last few years.

Our leading export is inflation; it rides on the backs of payments to China, and Money Orders going back to Mexico.

China is no longer amused. Mexico doesn't care; we bought all their Pesos in the 90s.

And, Yes, I am playing a little fast and loose with dates and numbers, but a little research will reveal where the concept evolved from.

I never was concerned until I heard such as this, and I set out to prove the person that was telling me such to be wrong; Not my country...

It was a life-altering learning experience, and a journey I am still traveling on.

I think he may have just may have been right...

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post!!

Just curious, do you think "NEOCONICAL CRIMINALS" is a good description for the loonies in Washington? ha ha !! Great post and thank you.

Best,

Scooter

I am glad to see others have been keeping their eye on the ball.

We were in trouble in 1929, and each administration has kept kicking the can down the road.

FDR came out with HR-1491, Revised the 1917 Trading with the Enemies Act (USCS12, 95B), and in doing so, Congress established the War and Emergency Powers Act; effectively voting themselves out of the loop to ever be able to repeal it.

The FDR Regime saw the largest expansion in Government ever seen to date.

Other administrations have tried hard to meet his pace.

Executive Orders flowed like water; each in response to an "Emergency" that we were at "War" with.

Nixon let Bretton Woods sundown in 1971, and Inflation, as we know it today was born.

Clinton reduced the Banking 10% Margin Call to 3%; the Housing Bubble was born

Bush let the PNAC crowd turn the GOP into NeoCons.

Congress became marginalized to the point of being a dog and pony show; each hoping things didn't come unwound on their watch.

(When you see the Congress Critters start resigning en-masse, you will know the defecation is about to hit the rotary oscillator).

The US is starting to pay the price for years of Economic Terrorism. Munch all you want; we'll print more...

According to the government, we have no inflation, but world food prices have risen over 30% in the last few years.

Our leading export is inflation; it rides on the backs of payments to China, and Money Orders going back to Mexico.

China is no longer amused. Mexico doesn't care; we bought all their Pesos in the 90s.

And, Yes, I am playing a little fast and loose with dates and numbers, but a little research will reveal where the concept evolved from.

I never was concerned until I heard such as this, and I set out to prove the person that was telling me such to be wrong; Not my country...

It was a life-altering learning experience, and a journey I am still traveling on.

I think he may have just may have been right...

There are always two sides to a story... :)

Debunking Myths of US Collapse

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/475264-tim-ayles/134563-debunking-myths-of-us-collapse

New Series: End of America Survival Kit—How to sit out any kind of disaster for less than $1,000

http://greenlaserreviews.com/2011/03/29/end-of-america-survival-kit-green-laser-reviews/

US Dollar About to Lose Reserve Currency Status - Fact or Fantasy?

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/02/us-dollar-about-to-lose-reserve.html

These 7 Charts Show Underlying Future Strength of U.S. Dollar

http://www.munknee.com/2011/01/these-7-charts-show-underlying-future-strength-of-u-s-dollar/

These are some great articles to chew on!!

Thanks for the post!!

Just curious, do you think "NEOCONICAL CRIMINALS" is a good description for the loonies in Washington? ha ha !! Great post and thank you.

Best,

Scooter

Scooter,

I would go for "A Conglomeration of Obliteration"

Same Church; Different Pew :)

JIM,

That by far was the BEST, WELL WRITTEN post I've seen in months. Thank you very very much for sharing because I am with you my friend!!!

On a second note, we are but one trigger away from seeing this thing collapse southward. When this goes down, I hope the "big guy" upstairs has mercy on us all because this country will experience something that we've seen before!!! I hope and pray this can be avoided and I'm optimistic from the news recently about China and the IMF but I'm so very angry at the past 5 -6 administrations and Congresses. These people should be in JAIL for hiding the truth and spending money that was never ever ever there. But the sad fact is WE the PEOPLE allowed these CRIMINALS to do this and the only work around I can see is scrap it and start over with a fresh system and put into play Term Limits on all politicians!!!

I've said this in the past, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get some professional financial and legal help if you have a large windfall from the IQD. And, NO I'm not selling anything, just some friendly advice.

Best regards,

Scooter

Hi Scott :)

Thank YOU very much for the kind words. I was simply overcome with the necessity

to post what I know to be the facts, and to sound the alarm about where we are headed

likely within the next 2 years...or sooner. I care about the well being of all of us here, and

I am thankful a few have given serious consideration to what has been written. It is an issue

that is mind blowing, almost unreal to have thought we would arrive at this horrible juncture

within this nation, but we have and it is just beginning.

My utmost respect to you sir for your diligent and tireless research! I am not surprised we are

seeing the same manner of outcome, as all the signs are there that truly the illusion is about

to decay into a much more dire situation over time...it will be even MORE clear by end of this year,

to Q2 - 2012. I have found most folks unfortunately have the blinders placed firmly OVER the eyes.

They will not hear it, and admit to this because I have been told "it scares them". Of course it does,

it honestly scares me daily as I research this in my work. Sometimes I just have to walk away and

clear my head...and that is not always easy. :lol:

Thanks my friend for taking the time to also share your thoughts and heart on these matters. :D

I can only hope folks pay attention, take heed, and take a few initial steps to prepare and get ready.

Believe me, this is not going to disappear or vanish away...I agree 100% with you, the criminals involved

*should* be already in jail...the truth is they are in it together. Wallstreet, their banks, and the Feds are

in collusion and so few are able to see this. Over the last 2 years, I have put together the evidence of this

and it is one very sad scenario, and the American people have been lied to and literally financially raped,

although I hate to use such a term, it is truth.

My best wishes to you Scott, and to your family. Thank you also for taking the time to help Barb with some pointers :)

Please stay in touch!

All my best! :)

Jim

---

Learning all I can,

Here's two friendly suggestions:

Number one --- Stock up on lots and lots of Food items and Water because there will be shortages in every aspect.
< Barb, this is extremely important for everyone, as you are able. In many locations, it is likely that everyday typical commerce and convenience will not be available. Thank you Scott for helping Barb with this main very important step.

Number Two ---- Get professional Financial help and diversify your portfolio -- this will help hedge against a crippling USD. When Hyper-Inflation occurs, and it will with the pent-up demand we have, I know I want my holdings outside the USD. Seek some financial assistance for advice.
< Absolutely! Also, shop around for true stable advice, not the standard mentality of many so called "pro's". Often they are as much misleading as they can be helpful. Find one that is highly recommended and that does NOT adhere to outdated standards...meaning, they are flexible and have current information and UNDERSTANDING of what it means to diversify...thanks again Scott for your help with Barb!
:)

Not trying to scare anybody either, just trying to provide some insight. Jim is correct, this has been building for several decades.

I hope this helps and I wish you have a great evening,

Scooter

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

Have none of you ever checked out any other countries? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is exactly what your great grandparents did when they came here. And I will have to admit that I had never thought about moving until about November of 2008. If you will do a little research, there are a bunch of countries, a mere two hour flight away, where anyone can live like an absolute king on $1000. a month. If this thing is going to crater, then move away from the danger zone. In about a week we will have the income thing solved. Step away from the fire. Reminds me of a song, Slip Out the Back Jack, Make a new Plan Stan and Get Yourself Free.

• Upvote 1

If you have seen Yuan youve seen them Yall- :lol::lol: Vern

Kinda like if youve seen The Ding-Youve seen the Dong- --or if youve had Dinar youve had Lunch- --oh these meds are good- :hug::woot::woot::woot::twothumbs: Vern

What kind of time frame?

Thanking you in advance.

barb

Hi Barb :)

Please forgive me for not responding sooner. Sometimes as mentioned,

I just walk away for awhile and/or shut the computer off to try and clear my head.

I am often researching and following markets at least 8 - 10 hours a day, and by

the end of a day, the brain has had its fill! :lol:

I will briefly address each of your concerns, in addition to the wise and prudent advice

given to you from Scott. I too have nothing to sell, I am simply sharing what I know and

have learned over 18 years in market research, analysis and as technical chartist and advisory,

and believe me I learn something new each day because of the complexity of this situation and

how fast it can all change. The following is NOT to be construed as investment advice of any kind

as each person must be responsible for their own decisions. This is simply a few suggestions

from a friend :)

1) Outside of being debt-free, do you have suggestions as to how one may maintain thru these times you are speaking of?

In addition to what Scott so kindly addressed, the first thing that MUST be understood...do not act or respond out of

FEAR. This is not an attempt to instill fear, it is simply learning to deal with what we know to be taking place NOW rather than later.

To put off taking these steps would be very foolish for all of us. Of course, I do not know your personal situation, nor do i know your

financial condition, but simple steps I will outline can be done fairly cheap, as long as they are in fact DONE, one step at a time.

Adequate food storage, safe water storage as Scott mentioned. There are many resources available to find everything from MRE style

meals, to kits that provide convenient organized planning, including first aid supplies, tools, clothing, etc. Taking the steps to at least

begin organizing a plan to "maintain" as you stated through these times is absolutely prudent. Each of us can only do what we are able

to do...each circumstance is different. If you have land that is uncultivated, also consider working the land, and getting NON GMO seeds

that are available via seed banks online. Please make sure they are NON GMO (genetically modified), this means stay away from anything

created by companies such as Monsanto! You can also have a section of garden specifically to grow in order to harvest seeds from the produce,

so you are all set to at least be more self sufficient on an ongoing basis, LESS dependent upon the current "system". This is extremely important

to understand.

2) How should we prepare so we may not loose everything and still be able to feed our families?

In regards to feeding your family, this is addressed above, although not as in depth as I would like, but I am

trying to keep it short and simple and to the point which when dealing with this subject, it is at best inadequate, but still

certainly valuable in order to steer you in the proper direction. In regards to "not losing everything", this is NOT a simple

answer, due to the fact no blanket statement can be truly made because each of us live differently, circumstances are different, etc.

Of course as much as one is able, please at least reduce DEBT. All forms of debt, revolving or otherwise. Credit cards, mortgage(s),

well, you get the picture. Again, do NOT stress about this...but take one step at a time NOW rather than later. The threat of loss is very real

especially in regards to how much indebtedness one has. Generally, of course, you will not lose what is PAID for. Meaning, that which is a

SECURED type of debt. Sadly, so many folks are swamped in one major area of this debt...that is their mortgage.

Due to the entire fraudulent mortgage debacle, the victims are all over the country. Both lender AND borrower share the blame in this, but that

is another issue, not for this moment. In this one area, if anyone happens to have an "under water" mortgage...do not run away, but call/sit down

with your lender and try and work out a more equitable solution to pay back a mortgage. Many are working with borrowers to find terms that they can

meet and still have funds left over. Even if this is a short term need, work towards the most favorable terms and schedules. If a house was bought

with a higher interest rate, change that if possible immediately. If it was an ARM or Adjustable rate mortgage, it may be difficult, but try and see if

you can get a FIXED rate. It will likely cost to do this, but I am only making a suggestion, as I am not in real estate and I am not aware of all the

current related details. Other types of debt such as UNSECURED are handled differently if defaulted upon. Bottom line...take steps to payoff/down debt.

3) What length of time are you thinking this disruption will last and will our Country get back on our feet?

This is a great question, but please understand, any answer is very complicated involving many different factors AND MANY unknowns. What we

DO know, is we have gone far passed the point of no return. We have violated just about every form of fiscal and monetary policy up to this point.

This has cost us our very nation in so many ways, it is mind boggling. The consequence, i fear will be both painful and drawn out. If we take but a short

trip back to something that at least gives us some history, although totally inadequate in comparison to what we NOW face, let us look quickly at 1929 - 1954

or the time of great economic depression. This is a 25 year time span, with many ups and downs in between, including a major world war. Now can in NO way

be compared to then. Only some similarities are present, which at least offers one possible answer....at least 25 years from NOW, my opinion. The problem

with even trying to compare this, is that no time in history is such as it is now financially. We are talking TRILLIONS of $$$...and a lot of them. It will take literal generations

to even think about paying back the money STOLEN from the citizens. Another problem is the current debt(s) can only begin to grow larger faster, and even the interest

on all the borrowed money from the FED cannot be paid. The FEDS have the entire government AND nation in a strangle hold and something MUST change in this relationship.

Unless this fundamental change occurs, we will NOT get back on our feet, although for a time it *may* appear to be so...but it will be another illusion. SO much more I would like

to say Barb, but it is the shortest answer and opinion possible with such a complex issue. Simply put, we are in and nearing a very very dark situation that has many many

aspects to it that just cannot be nailed down fully, due to the very size of this mess.

4) What kind of time frame?

I hope I helped give an idea based upon the above quick comparison...let us just say it will likely be a very long and challenging period that this nation has NEVER

faced before in its history. Due to the nature of the current state of affairs we have been pushed into, and that we are basically in many ways, in totally uncharted waters,

to try and even answer this is pure speculation at best, yet a reasonable opinion is as mentioned above, the only historical comparison of value is 25 years. Do NOT assume

that because we have had so much technological advances, that THIS alone will allow a much quicker recovery than say 60 years ago. This is an incorrect assumption made by

many, due to the fact that a large spectrum of today's technology will likely fail at some point, this includes down to a gadget so many have become far too dependent upon...

the cell phone. If there are periods of extended interruptions to the internet, this in itself will bring MUCH commerce to a complete halt. Another mistake we made was to allow

a computer to now control so many segments of our society and personal lives. Another area of dependence that has gone too far, too fast, and is going to become very unstable.

So much more to consider Barb, but I sincerely hope I offered something of value to at least assist you and others in taking initial steps to become more independent upon the "system"

because it WILL let us all down in the future...possibly sooner than any of us would care to admit. :(

All my very best to you!

Jim

---

Bandit,

Thank you for your post and there are some great points; however, I respectfully disagree with several arguments in these articles. For example, I reviewed the links and made the following responses:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debunking Myths

This article's essential argument advocates trickle up economics driven by the government printing money and the sequence gets to the capitol market. That model as far as I know has never ever worked. The government doesn't produce anything, they don't make anything, and when taxes go up on individuals or corporation, the government takes away capitol from the private sector that actually produces a product. At this time right now, if you take all the profits combined from every major corporations and individuals making more than $250,000 a year, the sum will only allow the government to operate for 40 Days!!! That equation is very very WRONG.

New Series: End of America Survival Kit --- How to sit out any kind of disaster for less than $1,000

Too many arguments to list out here. Not even going to comment

Yes, the gentlemen has an argument about Currency Reserve status and that's been the only reason the US Dolllar hasn't collapsed! However, if the oil producing countries ever move away from using USD to buy/sell oil, global demand for the USD will be destroyed and then nobody is there to purchase our monthly debt. We'll get to nice pictures in just a minute on that one.

I'm sorry, chart #2 says it best. As a FOREX trader, you never go against the long term trend. The reason there's a temporary "Head and Shoulders" formation is that the Euro's debt is catching up to them and made the USD the only currency with the liquidity to support the Chinese -- thus, maintaining it's SAFEHAVEN status. The Chinese now have over 2.4 Trillion USD. If they ever call those Treasuries, we would be absolutely "TOASTED"! Sorry, not buying that one at all.

The US currently has roughly $14.4 Trillion in debt. An Additional 6.3 Trillion of bad debt from Freddie and Fannie. On top of that, we have an additional 60 Trillion in Unfunded liabilities in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. ALL TOTALING MORE THAN $80 TRILLION OF DEBT .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are some pics that were created from a recent series.

5Part3-1PARTTHREE-ONEV2-0.png6Part3-2PARTTHREE-TWOV2-0.png

There are always two sides to a story... :)

Debunking Myths of US Collapse

http://seekingalpha....-of-us-collapse

New Series: End of America Survival Kit—How to sit out any kind of disaster for less than $1,000

http://greenlaserrev...-laser-reviews/

http://globaleconomi...se-reserve.html

http://www.munknee.c...-of-u-s-dollar/

These are some great articles to chew on!!

• Upvote 1

Kawint,

LMAO!!!! I've always said I wanted buy Bora Bora or Gilligan's Island.....

Thanks for the post and have a great evening,

Scooter

Have none of you ever checked out any other countries? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is exactly what your great grandparents did when they came here. And I will have to admit that I had never thought about moving until about November of 2008. If you will do a little research, there are a bunch of countries, a mere two hour flight away, where anyone can live like an absolute king on $1000. a month. If this thing is going to crater, then move away from the danger zone. In about a week we will have the income thing solved. Step away from the fire. Reminds me of a song, Slip Out the Back Jack, Make a new Plan Stan and Get Yourself Free.