Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reputation Rating of -100 And You're Gone

I just want you to know I am aware of this thread and have considered it.

I'm not going to implement this idea as it was suggested, but I am addressing the underlying problem in other ways.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

:tiphat:

Thanks Adam.....this truly is a site of, for and by the people!

Appreciate your consideration.

Peace

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have not read through all of the comments here yet, but want to make my comment before I have to leave and will continue reading when I get back.

First of all, the two ideas in the post for limiting the abuse are good.

And there is always the ISP blocking but we are talking a lot of time investingating and reading and making the decision for the mods, a volunteer group, to be asked to do this.

I like the idea somene pur forth about showing the reputation rating below the avatar so that people could know how well thought of, or not, the poster or commentator is. And the Scarlet Letter would perhaps do the same thing.

I would make another suggestion ... When someone's reputation reaches a certain point, and not perhaps a number alone but a number combined with the amount of complaints to the mods, or when the mods get an unusual number of complaints about specific and severe abuse of the forum, and it's members, I suggest that the member be limited in abilities on the forum for a time.

Read Only ... for a period of a month, or six weeks, whatever is deemed sufficient to make them understand their disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. But it still gives them the ability to read the information, which is why we are here. Isn't it?

Well, for some of us it is and should be that way all around. Those with the bad manners and attitude can have that benefit without being allowed to make it painful for the rest of us.

My thoughts only ...

:)

smee2

I like your style lady!!! :)

Thank you for your post.

• Upvote 2

Good suggestion, tj! It's one thing to present facts, it's quite another to tie those facts to an overly emotional response which directs negative personal comments toward another. I agree the Mods do a great job, but they're here to support the rules as they exist. Let's change the rules. If you can't make your case without disrespect, maybe it's not worth making it at all.

I personally don't know anyone on this site, so how can I bash them as a person. I can't!

We all perceive things differently, our opinions vary, does that make us a bad person? I think not

If someone posts something that you don't agree with, debate it , don't beat it

We are all reaching for the same goal in the end , lets make the last part enjoyable

• Upvote 1

I personally don't know anyone on this site, so how can I bash them as a person. I can't!

We all perceive things differently, our opinions vary, does that make us a bad person? I think not

If someone posts something that you don't agree with, debate it , don't beat it

We are all reaching for the same goal in the end , lets make the last part enjoyable

Could not agree with you more Moose. Thanks for the post.

• Upvote 1

I would like to post something and get a general concensus from my fellow members, mods and Adam. Lately on this site, negativity and flat out rudeness in delivery have been ruling the forums. I feel that it is getting to the point where people are less apt to share and be a part of a discussion because of the potential negative and obnoxious comments they may receive from a short list of disgruntled members who hide behind the guise of "simply being realistic". There are ways to get their points across without demeaning others and making them feel flat out stupid.

Anyone who has been on this site for a short time and enjoys the interaction between themselves and their fellow investors has most likely fallen victim to this rogue team of trashers.

I feel that there is no room in this investment for such immaturity and disrespect and would like to make a suggestion.

The reputation rating at the bottom right hand corner of each post is there for a reason. If you agree with what that person is saying, give them credit for their perspective by clicking on the green "+" button. If you don't have an opinion either way or are unsure, go to the next post, and if you feel the post is disrespectful to this site, its members and/or this investment you may click on the red "-" button.

In my opinion, and hopefully in the opinion of others, I feel that once a member reaches a certain negative rating, there should be consequesnces. If a member reaches a rating of -100 or even -50 i feel it is a clear indication that their reason for being here is to be disruptive and cause trouble and not to be a positive, helpful and informative part of this investment.

What could the consequesnces be? I've come up with two possible ideas. The first one being the most obvious and that would be to ban the member from the site.

The second would be to give the member a "Scarlett Letter" to identify them in the forums as someone who has a terrible reputation and should not be given any credit. This "Scarlett Letter" would be programmed to automatically appear in place of their avatar once their rating reaches the predetermined level. This would allow the members in the forum to easily identify the trouble makers and disregard their comments. It would also, hopefully act as a deterrent to those who may now think twice about how they respond to their fellow members.

I hope people read this and post their thoughts in regards to it. Adam and his team have put together a great product by designing this site and I'm tired of the group of folks who feel the need to treat it and it's members with much less respect then they desrve.

Thank you all for your time.

Peace

You seriously get offended by anonymous message board posters? Maybe you need a class on impproving your self esteem?

• Upvote 2

This really is a cry baby post...it's only been going on for 3 days...REALLY???...no offense... <_<

Hehehe...the "Okie: wake up call" post (MODs closed it) was more entertaining then this one :lol: not too sure why this one is still going. :huh:

• Upvote 2

No kidding...get over it already...this is about an investment...not playground friends... :lol::lol::lol:

:( but...but.... this site is me down-time playground(when board of doing actual WORK)...hehe...very entertaining...:lol: buwahahaha!

• Upvote 1

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING--??? :lol: RIGHT?? :lol: The first post on this Forum on WHO LIKES WHO---sounds like a game show- has a POPULAR STICKER in the right hand corner of his post. YA gotta be kidding me- and he has 51 likes in the green at the bottom. :lol: oh my-oh my-- said the POPULAR GUY- -What is this ? Get a grip here Munson where do you think you are - at The Who Likes You Best Game Show??? and here we are and your HOST with the MOST ---TJ----- :twothumbs: YAYAYAYAYA :tiphat: --Welcome to the most likeable show here on earth--- where we will sort out the wanna-bees and the gophers-- The wanna-bees will get the prizes behind the chair and the gophers get the door as in go-fer the door----yayayayaya----This is an INVESTMENT SITE----- :woot::woot::woot:

-100 And You're Gone--sounds like a Submarine Commercial :lol: sorry---I cant stop laughing -If anyone ever comes here and sees this - They will either cash in or find cartoons to watch for the week- and i,m trying to be polite- ROTHL----Vern :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alright then we'll let them play a little longer...but only if you bring out the big guns....does that suit you??? :lol::lol::lol:

WOOOHOOO!!!!! *speaking in Texaian accent* Yeeehaw! we'll be 'aven a good ole Texaian shoot out BBQ!

is this big enough? :lol: Yeehawww!!!! :lol:

1177672116970.jpg

• Upvote 2

I would like to post something and get a general concensus from my fellow members, mods and Adam. Lately on this site, negativity and flat out rudeness in delivery have been ruling the forums. I feel that it is getting to the point where people are less apt to share and be a part of a discussion because of the potential negative and obnoxious comments they may receive from a short list of disgruntled members who hide behind the guise of "simply being realistic". There are ways to get their points across without demeaning others and making them feel flat out stupid.

Anyone who has been on this site for a short time and enjoys the interaction between themselves and their fellow investors has most likely fallen victim to this rogue team of trashers.

I feel that there is no room in this investment for such immaturity and disrespect and would like to make a suggestion.

The reputation rating at the bottom right hand corner of each post is there for a reason. If you agree with what that person is saying, give them credit for their perspective by clicking on the green "+" button. If you don't have an opinion either way or are unsure, go to the next post, and if you feel the post is disrespectful to this site, its members and/or this investment you may click on the red "-" button.

In my opinion, and hopefully in the opinion of others, I feel that once a member reaches a certain negative rating, there should be consequesnces. If a member reaches a rating of -100 or even -50 i feel it is a clear indication that their reason for being here is to be disruptive and cause trouble and not to be a positive, helpful and informative part of this investment.

What could the consequesnces be? I've come up with two possible ideas. The first one being the most obvious and that would be to ban the member from the site.

The second would be to give the member a "Scarlett Letter" to identify them in the forums as someone who has a terrible reputation and should not be given any credit. This "Scarlett Letter" would be programmed to automatically appear in place of their avatar once their rating reaches the predetermined level. This would allow the members in the forum to easily identify the trouble makers and disregard their comments. It would also, hopefully act as a deterrent to those who may now think twice about how they respond to their fellow members.

I hope people read this and post their thoughts in regards to it. Adam and his team have put together a great product by designing this site and I'm tired of the group of folks who feel the need to treat it and it's members with much less respect then they desrve.

Thank you all for your time.

Peace

I Agree 100%, there are people that have joined for 10 minutes comming here with severe attitudes!

Ah beleaves a Texican wood call it a Bar-Bee Cue .. .l'il ma'am.

And oh NO you did NOT ... bring out the GBL-001 !!!!

Fine, wot-ever, have it your way Berger King......"Bar-Bee-Cue".... :blink: sounded like i'm talkin 'bout me girls doll collection. :lol: hehe

why...that thing would obliterate the bottles AND the wall in back of it. I call that a damn good One-shot-One-kill gun. :lol: buwhahaha!

• Upvote 2

BJ are ya sure ya want her ta skin yer beef with that long gun>? if i was you- i would set the beef down and walk waayyy back and let her shoot-clean and hang it out ta dry with one shot- Then i would talk reaal nice- and then give her a flower- They like that ya know,s- son- :lol: BJ is looking fer a gerl- Hee Haw- from Montreal-=To BBQ,N in a Texan drawl- a little to the left a little to the right hold that big beef down ya think ya got it in sight? - Do a little dance and do a little jig - let out a GREAT BIG SQUEAL and aim for that pig- :lol::lol: Vern

BJ are ya sure ya want her ta skin yer beef with that long gun>? if i was you- i would set the beef down and walk waayyy back and let her shoot-clean and hang it out ta dry with one shot- Then i would talk reaal nice- and then give her a flower- They like that ya know,s- son- :lol: BJ is looking fer a gerl- Hee Haw- from Montreal-=To BBQ,N in a Texan drawl- a little to the left a little to the right hold that big beef down ya think ya got it in sight? - Do a little dance and do a little jig - let out a GREAT BIG SQUEAL and aim for that pig- :lol::lol: Vern

Buwahahaha....i had no idea wot you were talkin about, Vern...but it sure did sou'n kina-funni. hahaha :lol:

Could not agree with you more Moose. Thanks for the post.

Well I hope I never offended anyone. I doubt I have. But I also hope we dont have to bear this too much longer.

I believe tempers are flaring due to the many different posts of intel and uncertainty rising. I read a long time ago that when things seem the most confusing the RV is near.

Well it seems to me based on news and so much more that we are close. PATIENCE... Dont allow anyone to get your goat.

We are all in this together. PEACE

and thanks for the GREAT insight on how to handle this...

GO RV,,,, WHEW

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING--??? :lol: RIGHT?? :lol: The first post on this Forum on WHO LIKES WHO---sounds like a game show- has a POPULAR STICKER in the right hand corner of his post. YA gotta be kidding me- and he has 51 likes in the green at the bottom. :lol: oh my-oh my-- said the POPULAR GUY- -What is this ? Get a grip here Munson where do you think you are - at The Who Likes You Best Game Show??? and here we are and your HOST with the MOST ---TJ----- :twothumbs: YAYAYAYAYA :tiphat: --Welcome to the most likeable show here on earth--- where we will sort out the wanna-bees and the gophers-- The wanna-bees will get the prizes behind the chair and the gophers get the door as in go-fer the door----yayayayaya----This is an INVESTMENT SITE----- :woot::woot::woot:

-100 And You're Gone--sounds like a Submarine Commercial :lol: sorry---I cant stop laughing -If anyone ever comes here and sees this - They will either cash in or find cartoons to watch for the week- and i,m trying to be polite- ROTHL----Vern :rolleyes:

OHHH VERN!!! YOU FUNNY CLOWN. You are just worried about all the Neg you got. LOL I will give you a plus for humor.

You are the funny man. You little raskle you! Have a good weekend brother.

This really is a cry baby post...it's only been going on for 3 days...REALLY???...no offense... <_<

I suppose I'm just one of those day dreamers who wishes that people could enjoy rational mature conversation while also enjoying this investment. If that makes me a cry baby with low self esteem, I can live with that title, I assure you I've been called worse. I really appreciate all the feedback. I agree with some and disagree with others, but I respect ALL the viewpoints, which at the end of the day is all any of us can ask for..........a little respect!

Peace

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well I hope I never offended anyone. I doubt I have. But I also hope we dont have to bear this too much longer.

I believe tempers are flaring due to the many different posts of intel and uncertainty rising. I read a long time ago that when things seem the most confusing the RV is near.

Well it seems to me based on news and so much more that we are close. PATIENCE... Dont allow anyone to get your goat.

We are all in this together. PEACE

and thanks for the GREAT insight on how to handle this...

GO RV,,,, WHEW

OHHH VERN!!! YOU FUNNY CLOWN. You are just worried about all the Neg you got. LOL I will give you a plus for humor.

You are the funny man. You little raskle you! Have a good weekend brother.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yer right ya got me- :lol::lol::lol: shakes head walks into fridge grabs an orange juice and says lets go on a sugar high so i can be sweet again---auuuuuuuuggghhhh :twothumbs::tiphat: Vern