Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RE: Thomson Reuters Rate Lock Rumor

If you Google Thomson Reuters Iraq... you'll stumble upon a plethora of articles from 2009 stating that The Trade Bank of Iraq is up and running their (Reuters) FX Trading Platform.

I would post a link, but its a hassle to do from my mobile.

I have a feeling the Reuters rumor is loosely based on this old news.

• Upvote 2

Not defending the rumor, but fail to see the relevance of your post. May only be clue another clue why Reuters was given the rate info. It's not like there will be an article about this event.

Not bashing, but asking for clarification.

Peace and Prosperity

The relevance is, the guru's may now be trying to attach a name brand to their intel.

We've all heard the WB, IMF, CBI, UST, WCW, UFC, SOS.... so many times, that a new buzz word with an air of legitimacy needed to be created for the sake of believability.

The rumor in itself is not totally false, the TBI is actually synced with the TRI FX platform and has been since at least 11/09.

No one here has claimed to remember seeing that news when it was originally published.

Kinda like yesterday's unread newspaper would be news to me today.

Believe me, I really, really x infinity + 1 hope these guys are right someday.

Until then, I will assume the role of myth buster.

P.S. as an aside, Frank26's crony, Delta from KTFM claims to reside in Syria. It is also said that Delta's cousin works for the Iraqi Parliament or MOF or something along those high level lines.

My question is, if Delta is a hardcore bible thumper like all the KTFMers and his cousin is a high level Iraqi dignitary...

The probability of his cousin being Muslim is very high.

Wouldn't Delta be considered an infidel in the eyes of his cousin?

A traitor perhaps?

I don't see a jovial discourse being enjoyed there.

• Upvote 2

oh gee and all I see here is more junk that is totally irrelevant to the situation hehehe

Now, now... I wouldn't necessarily call it irrelevant junk.

It's kinda coherent and semi-plausible.

It wasn't the typical bash.

It was more of pseudo intellectual musing...

A dosi-doe of the around we go type of thing.

Just in case this or any other rumor does indeed pan out, I took the liberty of ordering butt-less chaps to wear while tendering my resignation. Ha.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the reply Lonzworth. Interesting point about Delta - although most M.E. countries have a Christian minority. Still, most families tend to be one or the other, and any animosity would depend on how fundamentalist the two are. When I lived in Saudi and traveled the M.E. we were treated very nicely everywhere we went. Even in Iraq in the 70s, the Iraqis said they liked Americans just fine, it was our government they hated. Not being a democracy, they saw the two as completely separate. (Might have been right).

Good point about "branding." Makes the "source" less "unnamed."

My brother made an interesting point today. Could the "LOPpers" and naysayers that have become more vocal lately be acting as reverse pumpers? The dinar sources make money selling dinar AND buying it back. So, the "I'm getting out" and "Never gonna RV" and "None of you are getting rich" posts are also designed to drive the trade business, just in the other direction. Getting us coming and going, so to speak? Some of them may just be investors hoping to pick up some more dinar on the cheap.

Certainly don't know, but struck me as an intriguing thought.

Peace and Prosperity

Edited by Off-the-grid
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply Lonzworth. Interesting point about Delta - although most M.E. countries have a Christian minority. Still, most families tend to be one or the other, and any animosity would depend on how fundamentalist the two are. When I lived in Saudi and traveled the M.E. we were treated very nicely everywhere we went. Even in Iraq in the 70s, the Iraqis said they liked Americans just fine, it was our government they hated. Not being a democracy, they saw the two as completely separate. (Might have been right).

My brother made an interesting point today. Could the "LOPpers" and naysayers that have become more vocal lately be acting as reverse pumpers? The dinar sources make money selling dinar AND buying it back. So, the "I'm getting out" and "Never gonna RV" and "None of you are getting rich" posts are also designed to drive the trade business, just in the other direction. Getting us coming and going, so to speak? Some of them may just be investors hoping to pick up some more dinar on the cheap.

Peace and Prosperity

Your theory is not unreasonable.

Inventory may be a little tight, the goods may be getting harder to acquire, etc.

For all we know, these bashers could be a part of some kind of illuminati psy-ops to try to keep so many people from having the money to provide influence. (I don't actually believe that, but it's as creative as any rumor I've ever read).

Edited by Lonzworth

Now, now... I wouldn't necessarily call it irrelevant junk.

It's kinda coherent and semi-plausible.

It wasn't the typical bash.

It was more of pseudo intellectual musing...

A dosi-doe of the around we go type of thing.

Just in case this or any other rumor does indeed pan out, I took the liberty of ordering butt-less chaps to wear while tendering my resignation. Ha.

Ha! Good Post! Please post a pic of you on Quittin' day!

Well, heck, just do a dress rehearsal and post it now! :)

Peace and Prosperity

You know, It's kinda funny how everyone bashes the conspiracy theories - yet anyone who get discouraged and posts they want out or anyone who posts a positive email they received are automatically labeled as pumpers - but wait - what (or rather WHO) are they pumping for"???

Wouldn't that make all the pumping a conspiracy?? :huh: Is it time to get paranoid yet?