Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's the Risk

tombo

I am new to the board, I apologize if this question was asked already, but I have not found the answer so far.

I know that some of you have been holding on to dinar for several years, I have just recently purchased. Other then waiting for the RV to happen, hopefully real soon, but no one knows, if could be a year or two or more. But other then waiting for this to happen, are there any other risks involved?

- Could they change the currency before the RV to make what we have worthless?

- Could they put restrictions on where you cash cash them in, like only in Iraq?

- Or how much you can cash in?

- ETC

I also believe this is going to happen soon, but as a new investor, I'm just wondering if I missing something, could there be any other risks other then, waiting for the RV to happen, I haven't considered?

Also, I've been buying my Dinars through TD Bank and have be getting 25000 notes, would it make sense to get smaller bills, and if so, what amounts. I'm making another purchase this week. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Welcome.

In my opinion, any, all or none of the things you mentioned can happen, but not likely. (There are those here who may have more insight). When the IQD enters the world market we should be able to trade them at most major banks like other tradable currency. There is no gaurantee as to when or how much, no one really knows. There is always a risk that you could loose what you have invested....as they say, only invest what you can afford to loose. I personally don't believe this is a loosing investment. I believe that the U.S. will make sure this country succeeds and your investment in IQD is an investment in the success of Iraq.

Cautiouslyhopeful

This is currency speculation, anything can happen. The best thing you can do is your own research. People fall prey to allowing the rumors and chats to dictate their understanding of this investment. I hope you don't think I am being rude, this is honestly the best advice I can give.

• Upvote 2

Aren't these questions you should have asked before buying? Just out of curiosity why did you invest before knowing what you were getting into? I ask because I'd like to know what truly drives continuing sales. I have been in years myself but I did some basic research before spending on a whim. Honestly, at this point it appears that we are being strung along like the gullible Americans that a lot of the world thinks we are. Logic would seem to dictate that this must happen but hasn't helped so far. Anyway, it won't be a risk if you afford yourself only an amount you can willingly lose. Gambling rule #1, right?

I have done research and can certainly afford a loss of what I have purchased or intend to purchase. But isn't asking questions to other board members and getting opinions from others part of making a decision. It seems some members just want to come down on people instead of answering a question or give an opinion. I don't know why some of you are on this board at all. Why respond if you can't contribute anything positive.

Welcome to DV.

I am modestly invested but I have 25,000, 10,000 and 5,000 notes equally just because I want to cash in maybe everything all at once or partially cash in some denominations here and there. I became a VIP member to have access to Post RV investments and to have access to more reliable information that is provided.

I don't think this is going to be a losing investment but that is just my opinion and if it is a loss it would be something I can handle because you should never invest more that you can afford to lose. I don't think the currency will change. But then what do I know because every night I ask Brain what we are going to do tonight and Brain says we are waiting for the RV tomorrow.

Good luck in your investment

GO RV !!!!!!!!!!

All of these things that you mention are very possible,as well as quite a few other circumstances that could possibly happen,all of which would leave us holding some worthless,yet very pretty paper. If there were no possible downsides to this,everyone could jump right in and buy as much as they wanted in order to be as rich as they wanted to be and just wait until the day came. It is a very high risk/high reward play(and I believe that many of the new investors think that the speculative part of this investment are the questions regarding date and rate...The speculation is not knowing if or when this will ever happen as well as the points that you mentioned earlier factoring in).

• Upvote 1

I have done research and can certainly afford a loss of what I have purchased or intend to purchase. But isn't asking questions to other board members and getting opinions from others part of making a decision. It seems some members just want to come down on people instead of answering a question or give an opinion. I don't know why some of you are on this board at all. Why respond if you can't contribute anything positive.

This site is called dinarvets. informed, engaged, and prepared. I dont see you are any of the three. There is so much info on this site, how about looking around and reading, before you post. I personally, dont have the time to inform and answer every question from every newbie that joins. I responded kindly earlier, I dont understand where your coming from. Its posts like this, that make me stop posting. good luck to you, hope you find your answers.

• Downvote 4

Hey I used to take it all personal, too, but .....

don't

besides we are all just buying time anyway.

We are all focused on this RV and our money is DVing bad.....

best explanation I have seen in awhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LWqgohO4E&feature=channel_video_title

could the RV be a bandaid? it sounds like something they (our "rulers") would do.

.anything to save their name's reputation....it's time to come together people...

wake up....stop supporting the system...that means if you do anything that supports

the theft ....then you are just a slave as well....

just like me,

my brother from another mother,

my sister from another mister....

let's revolt!!!

Sorry you took the questions the wrong way. They were intended to point put that your questions should have been answered to your satisfaction before investing. At least the questions you asked. You may be around long enough to get the gist eventually.

What you have to lose is ALL the money you invested in dinars, no more or no less then the rest of us. This is where the advice about investing only what you can afford to lose comes in. I think now would be a good time to rethink if you have overinvested, make any corrections needed and then wait like the rest of us. You can't buy a video game and get this kind of excitement. GO RV.

:D

I am new to the board, I apologize if this question was asked already, but I have not found the answer so far.

I know that some of you have been holding on to dinar for several years, I have just recently purchased. Other then waiting for the RV to happen, hopefully real soon, but no one knows, if could be a year or two or more. But other then waiting for this to happen, are there any other risks involved?

- Could they change the currency before the RV to make what we have worthless?

- Could they put restrictions on where you cash cash them in, like only in Iraq?

- Or how much you can cash in?

- ETC

I also believe this is going to happen soon, but as a new investor, I'm just wondering if I missing something, could there be any other risks other then, waiting for the RV to happen, I haven't considered?

Also, I've been buying my Dinars through TD Bank and have be getting 25000 notes, would it make sense to get smaller bills, and if so, what amounts. I'm making another purchase this week. Thanks!

After the first Gulf war the dinar was devalued substantially for political reasons. Those reasons have virtually gone away so my simple mind says there has to be a revaluation at some point in time. The big debate is when!!.

Just look at the history.

The dinar was introduced into circulation in 1932, by replacing the Indian rupee, which had been the official currency since the British occupation of the country in World War I, at a rate of 1 dinar = 13⅓ rupees. The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate.[2]

After the Gulf War in 1991, due to UN sanctions, the previously used Swiss printing was no longer available. A new, inferior quality notes issue was produced. The previous issue became known as the Swiss dinar and continued to circulate in the Kurdish region of Iraq. Due to sanctions placed on Iraq by the United States and the international community and excessive government printing of the new notes issue, the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars

This site is called dinarvets. informed, engaged, and prepared. I dont see you are any of the three. There is so much info on this site, how about looking around and reading, before you post. I personally, dont have the time to inform and answer every question from every newbie that joins. I responded kindly earlier, I dont understand where your coming from. Its posts like this, that make me stop posting. good luck to you, hope you find your answers.

LOL I don't think that describes but like 5% on this board if that ha

Don't be a jerk, nobody makes you post.

The question of where dinar can be cashed in has me interested. I called the International Foreign Currency Exchange in San Francisco and asked:

1) Do you sell Dinar? The answer was yes.

2) If RV occurs will you cash them in? The answer was "we will cash in your dinar for the rate of exchange for that day".

I hope this helps.

To me the biggest risk would be not investing in this opportunity, the upside is potentially huge and life altering. I am willing to take that risk. I can live with losing my investment, but I can't live with " what if",,Jeff

P.S. I have not investing anything more than I can't afford to lose!

WOW! He just asked a question of us, remember we were all NOOBS at one point in time. Were you treated poorly or as harshly as you responded to this guy? Take a chill pill, just avoid posting rather than attacking someone. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 1

The only thing you can really lose is the amount you originally purchased it for, less the amount you can sell it for. So right now, if I sell my dinar back today, I will only lose a few hundred. Losing a few hundred vs gaining several million in my mind is worth the risk. wink.gif

WOW! He just asked a question of us, remember we were all NOOBS at one point in time. Were you treated poorly or as harshly as you responded to this guy? Take a chill pill, just avoid posting rather than attacking someone. JMO. Peace.

Bang, I whole heartedly agree..Thanks for the post....Jeff

Yes, there are risks. It is like the movie "Minority Report" Our computerization is moving at warp speed and Obama was just given a program that peers into the future and can go as far forward as the year 2036. They see that you have filed your income tax, but only paid 98% of the 99% tax that was due on the RV of the IQD, which occurred in that tax year. So, you may be getting a knock on your door. Look outside first to see if there are any black Chryslers parked outside. Yeah the Chrysler corporation is still around, but it is now owned by Colonel Gadaffi.