Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wow, for the first time in at least 9 months, all the talk of a new currency is starting to break my once rock solid confidence. Could our worst nightmare be unfolding right before our eyes? Remeber, this is Iraq we are talking about, Just wondering if anyone else out there feels just a bit worried too! Sorry to post my feelings.

If my understanding is correct the new currecies are just smaller denominations. For example, like changing in your $100 bill for five $20 bills. You still haave the same amount of money. They need to do this if the value were to rise significantly. If it were say 3:1 can you imagine asking for change for something that costs 20 dinars after handing them a 25,000 dinar note? I think (or hope) you misinterpreted the situation.

• Upvote 6

I agree that the larger "000"'s will be destroyed as they come in and the smaller ones will co-exist with the larger ones... Thus the Iraqi Government will be in control of what is cashed in within their country... Like Kuwait if I recall they have a way of tracking their Dinar by serial number. larger notes will be cashed in for the smaller notes or as change is made smaller notes are made in their change. No worries... Go RV...

I am not worried about that so much as I am the powers in charge and their serious lack of urgency to accomplish anything.If the RV were so important to the Iraqi people,why the delay? Furthermore, I am beginning to wondrous as towhere the $wil come from as there are trillions of Dinars out there.I am having a hard time digesting all of this. My faith in any country in the Arab world is zero. The RV ,if it ever happens,seems to be a long way away IMO.

The delay is more logistical than anything. Just imagine, the RV button is pushed and everything has to change in Iraq. Banks set up, Shop Keepers taking in cash, ATM's, gas stations. Imagine the Iraqi gambling house and the roullette wheel. By the way, play the number 22 (Forget it over the heads of any one who hasn't seen Casablanca - and if you are one of the people who have not, you are purged from reading any of my posts - how's that for cruel punishment?

Trivia about Casablanca - Who kisses Ric at the bar and where were the letters of transit hidden?

No worries. All the currency (both high and low denoms) were printed at the same time years ago by de la rue. The only currency being printed now is the dinars for the Kurdistan region because they demanded it have special kurd writing on it. The plan has been in place for years and although it may be altered some due to world events etc etc, it will not be changed.

• Upvote 1