Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New info from Citi bank....

doc80904

Reconstruction And Peace To Boost Iraq Growth: Citibank

04 March 2011 Citibank believes Iraq can shrug off its current turmoil to emerge as one of the world's fastest growing economies in the world over the next 40 years

Citibank believes Iraq can shrug off its current turmoil to emerge as one of the world's fastest growing economies in the world over the next 40 years.

The US bank expects Iraq's economy to grow at a fast clip of 6.1% over the next 40 years to 2050, in its report that looks at the world's most promising economies over the next 40 years. (Read the full report: Regional Dynamos).

"The country starts from 53rd place in the real per capita GDP rankings, with $3,538. The population dynamics are eye-watering. According to the UN Population Statistics, Iraq's population is expected to grow from 31.5 million in 2010 to 64.0 million in 2050. Over that period its population of working age is expected to grow a huge 143.4 percent. This represents both a challenge and an opportunity. Without continued emphasis on education and without radical deregulation of its product markets and labour market, the job growth required to prevent the demographic dividend from turning into a demographic curse may not be forthcoming."

"One reason we are optimistic about Iraq's prospects is that its low initial productivity levels are in part the result of a series of wars and civil conflicts over the past 30 years that are unlikely to be repeated during the next 40 years... Postwar reconstruction can occur very rapidly, as the experience of post-World War II continental Europe makes clear, as long as there is political stability, openness to trade and no acute scarcity of foreign exchange. If an enduring political compromise can establish peace and even a measure of trust between the Shia, Kurdish and Sunni communities, a reconstruction dividend-cum-peace dividend would reinforce the normal catch-up and convergence dynamics.

If the vast oil and gas resources of the country can be exploited sensibly,resources for infrastructure investment, human capital formation and wider reconstruction efforts ought to be amply available, Citibank notes.

Also read about the other Middle East economy Citibank is raving about (Click here

No Saudi Arabia in the list? Find out where Citibank places Saudi Arabia in the list of Richest Economies In The World By 2050

Here are the links......read and enjoy;

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20110304032643

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20110304032131

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20110304025752

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

That's an awesome find DOC!!! I love this quote:

"a reconstruction dividend-cum-peace dividend would reinforce the normal catch-up and convergence dynamics."

Have a great evening,

Scooter

Reconstruction And Peace To Boost Iraq Growth: Citibank

04 March 2011 Citibank believes Iraq can shrug off its current turmoil to emerge as one of the world's fastest growing economies in the world over the next 40 years

Citibank believes Iraq can shrug off its current turmoil to emerge as one of the world's fastest growing economies in the world over the next 40 years.

The US bank expects Iraq's economy to grow at a fast clip of 6.1% over the next 40 years to 2050, in its report that looks at the world's most promising economies over the next 40 years. (Read the full report: Regional Dynamos).

"The country starts from 53rd place in the real per capita GDP rankings, with $3,538. The population dynamics are eye-watering. According to the UN Population Statistics, Iraq's population is expected to grow from 31.5 million in 2010 to 64.0 million in 2050. Over that period its population of working age is expected to grow a huge 143.4 percent. This represents both a challenge and an opportunity. Without continued emphasis on education and without radical deregulation of its product markets and labour market, the job growth required to prevent the demographic dividend from turning into a demographic curse may not be forthcoming."

"One reason we are optimistic about Iraq's prospects is that its low initial productivity levels are in part the result of a series of wars and civil conflicts over the past 30 years that are unlikely to be repeated during the next 40 years... Postwar reconstruction can occur very rapidly, as the experience of post-World War II continental Europe makes clear, as long as there is political stability, openness to trade and no acute scarcity of foreign exchange. If an enduring political compromise can establish peace and even a measure of trust between the Shia, Kurdish and Sunni communities, a reconstruction dividend-cum-peace dividend would reinforce the normal catch-up and convergence dynamics.

If the vast oil and gas resources of the country can be exploited sensibly,resources for infrastructure investment, human capital formation and wider reconstruction efforts ought to be amply available, Citibank notes.

Also read about the other Middle East economy Citibank is raving about (Click here

No Saudi Arabia in the list? Find out where Citibank places Saudi Arabia in the list of Richest Economies In The World By 2050

Here are the links......read and enjoy;

http://www.zawya.com...A20110304032643

http://www.zawya.com...A20110304032131

http://www.zawya.com...A20110304025752

• Upvote 1

That's an awesome find DOC!!! I love this quote:

"a reconstruction dividend-cum-peace dividend would reinforce the normal catch-up and convergence dynamics."

Have a great evening,

Scooter

Hey Scooter, in English, what exactly does that statement mean?

As always doc, you have my utmost respect and your opinion counts to me. Your one of the few people I actually consider a news source. Peace.

This post is not from Doc31 that we all have grown to respect and appreciate. This is a 'doc80904" of a different brand -- a newbie of sorts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This post is not from Doc31 that we all have grown to respect and appreciate. This is a 'doc80904" of a different brand -- a newbie of sorts.

DAMN, my bad. Never even gave that a thought when I posted this. OOOOPs :blink:

Thats ok, still a great find and nice post. Thanks Doc80904. Looks like all our Docs do a bang up job! smile.gif

• Upvote 1

whoooooo ------ 40 years, now there is a date for r . \/. just in time for me too check out. :o

I hope this was an attempt for humor. The article is a positive indicator of the growth potential for the estimated period. The RV will occur when it occurs but I am certain in will not be a generation away. B)

So I should just hand all my dinar over to my kids now :blink:

Hell I'll dead and gone long before that RV thought. 40 YEARS!! Damn I had hoped to enjoy this money and change many lives with it as well. Guess I better order my casket, Plot and begin my own funeral arrangements now.:blink:

Hell I'll dead and gone long before that RV thought. 40 YEARS!! Damn I had hoped to enjoy this money and change many lives with it as well. Guess I better order my casket, Plot and begin my own funeral arrangements now.:blink:

40 friggin years? I hope the funeral parlor takes Dinar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DESERT MEDIC,

Thanks for the post. Essentially, the way I read this statement is that Citibank views the ROI (Return-On-Investment) expedited significantly faster compared to other similar reconstruction plans. They compare it to the Marshall Plan but view the reconstruction and returns on those reconstruction projects much much faster because of technological advances over the last 60 years.

I hope that helps but that's how I read it.

Scooter

Hey Scooter, in English, what exactly does that statement mean?

• Upvote 1

You people are amazing. You refuse to read the article, but read everyones' posts (and play off them). Nowhere did it say RV in 40 years... it's simply just a prediction that over the next 40 years (MAYBE even 90 years, 92 years, 77.483 years, who knows), Iraq will grow quickly. There is nothing magical about the year 2050, it's simply a nice, round number that was used in this article to set a point in time for a prediction of growth. Iraq will not grow for 40 years, and on that given day (probably Jan 1, 2050) suddenly RV. The only take away from the article is that Citibank seems to think there is hope for a strong Iraqi economy over the next 40 years or so. Nothing is stated about an RV. With that said, remember that God gave you a brain... so use it to conclude that an RV is more than likely needed for this predicted economic growth.

That is all.

Edited by AudiS4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Great Post ! This is a confirmation That we should be investing in the Iraq stock market...no matter if an RV of not..Love it..Also no wonder Citi bank is one of the major owners of the Trade Bank of Iraq,along with Wells fargo , B of A ,Chase.

Hey they know where to put their money..I'm in with them..are you ?

Blessings B)

It has been said on this site that some huge holders of IQD include: US Treasury, BOA, JPM (Marcus Curtis, etc.). All of these have been silent on currency. I haven't seen Citi mentioned. Anyone know if they are actually a player in currency, or could this just be essentially an opinion on upcoming Iraqi market investments?

heme

You people are amazing. You refuse to read the article, but read everyones' posts (and play off them). Nowhere did it say RV in 40 years... it's simply just a prediction that over the next 40 years (MAYBE even 90 years, 92 years, 77.483 years, who knows), Iraq will grow quickly. There is nothing magical about the year 2050, it's simply a nice, round number that was used in this article to set a point in time for a prediction of growth. Iraq will not grow for 40 years, and on that given day (probably Jan 1, 2050) suddenly RV. The only take away from the article is that Citibank seems to think there is hope for a strong Iraqi economy over the next 40 years or so. Nothing is stated about an RV. With that said, remember that God gave you a brain... so use it to conclude that an RV is more than likely needed for this predicted economic growth.

That is all.

Touche'

good spiel. Thats exactly what I was thinking. I read the article early Sunday and read the few early posts and all anybody was sayin was woe is me. 40 years and I will not live that long. It was not a finite date that must be achieved before the RV, but was just an opinion and a date of achieval. Nothing to do with any RV.

Common people, don't throw in the towel over this single speculative article. It might only be ten years! :lol: Or maybe next week. Go RV

• Upvote 1