Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A PRECIOUS METAL TO CONSIDER

billio0

Recently, while researching different investment options post-RV, I came across an interesting little known precious metal called Rhodium. It is extremely rare, and is actually valued higher than either gold, silver, or even platinum.

I believe it has the potential to be the perfect investment for diversifying our wealth once the RV occurs. Since we are not suppose to promote other sites here, or provide links, I suggest that if you have a further interest, you look it up. You will not be disappointed.

I am not now invested in it simply becasue I can't yet afford it, nor am I connected in any way to any company that either sells, stores, or mines Rhodium.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thatoneguy:

Thanks for the excellent vote-of-confidence. Seems you know everything there is to know about Rhodium!

Apparently, you failed to realize that not only is it more valuable than silver, gold, platinum, AND Palladium, but that it is used to refine some of those very same precious metals. More importantly, it is the most vital part of a significant component used in the automotive industry. As the rapid increase in demand for more cars and trucks in countries such as China and India continues, the obvious consequence is that the demand for Rhodium should follow. At least, that is what would be considered conventional wisdom in my opinion.

Rather than being overly critical of something you seem to know very little about, I suggest that you do the basic due diligence to at least speak with knowledge rather than suspicion.

Anything of value is generally controlled by supply and demand. For Rhodium, this involves the fact that it is known to exist in only two places in the world. When it lost its value a few years ago, this was due entirely to the discovery of its presence in Russia, which proceeded to flood the market with it. Since that time it has rebounded, and like any other precious resource, fluctuates accordingly.

Since I neither own nor sell Rhodium, I have no vested interest in promoting it whatsoever. I discovered it when looking for ways to diversify my own investment holding Post-RV. Thanks to you now, many will probably avoid looking further into this investment option.

I personally don't care one way or other, but resent those who choose to post opinions without first knowing what they are talking about. You remind me of those few whom I have tried to share the investment potential of the Iraqi Dinar; seems like such a waste of time and effort!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hey, thatoneguy:

You remind me of those few whom I have tried to share the investment potential of the Iraqi Dinar; seems like such a waste of time and effort!

Some seed fell on the path and birds came along and ate it up.

It is STILL worth the effort just in case you can help one person.

• Upvote 6

Recently, while researching different investment options post-RV, I came across an interesting little known precious metal called Rhodium. It is extremely rare, and is actually valued higher than either gold, silver, or even platinum.

I believe it has the potential to be the perfect investment for diversifying our wealth once the RV occurs. Since we are not suppose to promote other sites here, or provide links, I suggest that if you have a further interest, you look it up. You will not be disappointed.

I am not now invested in it simply becasue I can't yet afford it, nor am I connected in any way to any company that either sells, stores, or mines Rhodium.

I saw what I believe to be ether the same post or one that's very similar about Rhodium weeks back. I did spent some time researching this metal, found out that it's been as high as $10k oz. to as low as $720. oz. However the amount of data out there was very limited. I am already invested in other metals and would like to know more if you could advise.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Hat-2-Pan,

As far as I know I have been the only one to mention Rhodium on this forum. In doing so I have been researching it myself for the past couple of months as an alternative investment once the Dinar Rv's. There is a wealth of information on it from the KITCO website. They give plenty of statistical and historical information about it, as well as an interesting option for investing in it since they both buy and sell it.

Since it has significant industrial applications in both the refining of other precious metals, and as a major component of automotive manufacturing, plus it continues to hold a value higher than gold, silver, or platinum, I certainly think it is worth getting involved with as an investment. Of course, that's my personal opinion, and is not to be considered an endorsement of it by any means. I repeat, I am not a pumper of anything, and have no affiliation with anyone, group, or business associated with the Rhodium industry.

I do not presently own any, but should it continue to hold its value once the RV occurs, I will definitely be looking to invest in it. With the amount of attention applied to both gold and silver, I just believe that Rhodium will slip under the radar of most astute investors caught up in all the hoopla over gold and silver, which I am going to avoid at least for now.

from a mechanics point of view. rhodium along with palladium and platinum all become a hot commodity around the winter time. reason being... they all reside in your catalytic converter. at winter time the highly corrosive road salts that DOT applies to the road really does a number on peoples exhaust systems. our shop makes a couple hundred dollars just scraping a few old ones at once. so just from my understanding of how i have seen these three rise and fall during the course of a year you could really make a annual plan to invest in the summer and sell in the winter. of course its not like clock work. but it might be a good template to start with. hope this helps a little.

I bought some Rhodium when it cashed at $700-800 per once(late 2008), but keep in mind that the spread, even through kitco, is $300-$400 per once on top of that. I do agree Rhodium will eventually go back up, but it is very volatile, it is more risky than it should be when compared to other metals right now (it could go up/down $500 in 1 day) . I say that because there are other metals, much cheaper than Rhodium, that give great returns. For example, Silver went up from $20 in August 2010 to $35+ now March 2011. That's a 75% Profit in 6-7 months! Silver and Palladium are great high return metals, and even outperform gold and platinum... :twocents:

• Upvote 2

billio0: In regards to your reply, No, i am not an expert in any precious metals. I just know what i read and see on different metals sites, particularly Kitco.com. Didn't mean to rain on your parade concerning the rhodium potential, but the way i understand it, $10,000 down to a couple hundred IS volatile. Yes? I'm am not here to discourage anyone from what they believe will pay off as an investment. I'm no guru on PM's, or any stocks, currecy, commodities, etc. Its was only to point readers to educate themselves before taking a leap of faith, the price, potential, liquidity, etc. You could totally be right and rhodium may explode to the 10k mark as it did once before. I just wanted to toss in my 2 cents on the deal in hopes that folks would see how volatile rhodium is. Thank you for your suggestion on diversification in the metals market. I commend your passion to guide others to hopefully capatilize on their investment. Just know that rhodium did what it did. I encourage all who follow billio0's suggestion to do due dilligence before purchasing this metal, through etf's or physical, and learn all you can about it. A great start is kitco.com. But billio0, the smirky," you seem to know everything there is about rhodium" and the arrogant,( Thanks to you now, many will probably avoid looking further into this investment option.) Gimme a break my friend, you just planted the subliminal seed to not research this metal in your own post. I see that all of the 200+ people that have read this thread, 50% of them or more have probably gone on and looked at rhodium per our kitco.com suggestion. Its all about awareness billio0. Thats all i intend to spread. I'm not going to make something to be warm and fuzzy. I'm just calling it like I see it. Not discouraging anyone to buy and sell anything. Its up to the individual. Just do your homework as with any investment. I mean hey, the dinar brought us all here because we believe that something more will come of it than what we initially invested, right? Have a geat day billio0. By the way, i recently drove through New Mexico. BEAUTIFUL. Gotta love the west,man.

Here is a link for the rhodium run:

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/rd92-pres.gif

Only those who dare to fail greatly, may achieve greatly. (quote may not be verbatim, but you get it).

-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=19&t=55006#ixzz1GEaOLgKr

• Upvote 1

tgar and ore, thank you for your rationale. Both get the almighty powerful plus for the down to earth, realistic comments. Hope we haven't ruined billio0's day by being "precious metals gurus" and "discouraging others from this investment". Its the 'ol K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid). If this billio0 is so passionate about rhodium, i wish all the best. There are just more realistic, easier, cheaper, and more liquid metals to invest in. O.K. I'm off my soapbox, and point made. Hey, if it feels good.... DO IT! Rhodium included!

Hi Hat-2-Pan,

As far as I know I have been the only one to mention Rhodium on this forum. In doing so I have been researching it myself for the past couple of months as an alternative investment once the Dinar Rv's. There is a wealth of information on it from the KITCO website. They give plenty of statistical and historical information about it, as well as an interesting option for investing in it since they both buy and sell it.

Since it has significant industrial applications in both the refining of other precious metals, and as a major component of automotive manufacturing, plus it continues to hold a value higher than gold, silver, or platinum, I certainly think it is worth getting involved with as an investment. Of course, that's my personal opinion, and is not to be considered an endorsement of it by any means. I repeat, I am not a pumper of anything, and have no affiliation with anyone, group, or business associated with the Rhodium industry.

I do not presently own any, but should it continue to hold its value once the RV occurs, I will definitely be looking to invest in it. With the amount of attention applied to both gold and silver, I just believe that Rhodium will slip under the radar of most astute investors caught up in all the hoopla over gold and silver, which I am going to avoid at least for now.

You are right when saying Russia flooded the market which manipulated the "value" of Rhodium on the market. If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened with Palladium. Rhodium does look interesting and I will definitely be looking into diversifying into different precious metals once I have more capital to work with.

• 2 months later...

You are right when saying Russia flooded the market which manipulated the "value" of Rhodium on the market. If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened with Palladium. Rhodium does look interesting and I will definitely be looking into diversifying into different precious metals once I have more capital to work with.

The more volatile a product the better it is to own it, or the rights to own some of it that is in the ground when it is near a low point.. I searched this forum specifically to try to learn about metals that were not gold or silver. Silver and gold are great investments, I'm sure.

If anyone knows the company of the mine in Canada, please let me know. Would love to invest in Afganistan company with a small part of my RV funds. I know I read somewhere that they have found over a trillion dollars worth of Rhodium there. What will happen to the market when it starts coming out of the ground? It could depress the price or maybe with so much available it will allow other technological products to be made from this very rare element.

Would love someone to start a thread of other rare elements here.

Go RV .... :)

• 1 month later...

The more volatile a product the better it is to own it, or the rights to own some of it that is in the ground when it is near a low point.. I searched this forum specifically to try to learn about metals that were not gold or silver. Silver and gold are great investments, I'm sure.

If anyone knows the company of the mine in Canada, please let me know. Would love to invest in Afganistan company with a small part of my RV funds. I know I read somewhere that they have found over a trillion dollars worth of Rhodium there. What will happen to the market when it starts coming out of the ground? It could depress the price or maybe with so much available it will allow other technological products to be made from this very rare element.

Would love someone to start a thread of other rare elements here.

Go RV .... :)

Bump so someone may reply. :)

• 4 months later...

Thanks olivesman.

That is so true, but you must know the frustration sometimes we all have in trying to spread the good news!

No need to be frustrated. All you can do is lead the horse to the water......... can't make'em drink:) Folks have to make up their own mindswink.gif If they chose not to participate, then they lose and may be part of the 90% of folks that are followerssmile.gif