Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WDMCB POST - Dinar Speculation 1/24/10 @ 5:05am

k98nights

First off Banks hand out VP titles like candy on Halloween. A VP title at a bank says nothing about your knowledge or experience. Yes debt is being forgiven every day. Mexico does not have the natural resource reserves of Iraq. Can you name a financially poor oil rich nation? The countries that hold dinar will be exchanging for oil most likely so again it is not a cash related issue. These countries that hold iraqi dinar do have a vested interest in making sure Iraq does well financially. They also probably have agreements on how and when they can exchange. Remember the IMF and UN have been involved in this.

I think your banker may not be well informed.

Very Interesting. If I understand it correctly, except for Kuwait, Iraq is virtually debt free. The little investors like us may be left holding an empty bag and the dinar truly becomes wallpaper, who knows. Iraq couldn't care less about us. I wonder if Iraq cares about the USA and GB and the money and blood we spent setting these people free. You can bet the US, GB, and the remainder of the coalition countries that hold a ton of their money will have something to say about a new currency. How could a country ever hope to get away with a scheme like what the banker is saying. It may happen, but if it does, Iraq will either be annexed by the USA and cease to exist, or otherwise wiped off the map and become just a hole in the world.

Speaking on speculation: Yesterday, I had a meeting with a VP-Investments at Chase/JPMorgan who said that Iraq is in such debt, thanks to Hussein, that they don’t have the money to support an exchange…and before they let the US capitalize on their Dinar, in all probability, they will come out with a NEW currency, provide time to exchange, reduce it’s value and make it hard for us to turn in our Dinar’s. He said that if it does become 1 dinar = $1.00 US, DON’T expect a 1 to 1 exchange. That I will be must fortune to get back what I paid for the Dinar. He said, Iraq just doesn’t have the billions that will be needed to honor an RV. And that the elections will have no effect on the amount set or the policy that will be imposed for an exchange.

This is not encouraging, to say the least, but it is interesting to note the opinion of a US Banker. He said that the Iraq Dinar will take the same route as the Mexican Peso. Notwithstanding, I’m still optimistic that we will come out of all of this mess with some gain… maybe not as much as we had hoped for, but enough to show for our patience and endurance.

Did he offer to buy your Dinar?

Yeah, I'm not sure that guy understands what is going on at all. First of all, monetary exchange is an exchange on a 1/1 ratio... ALWAYS. No one gives a dollar for .50 cents worth. We happened to purchase Dinar when the 1/1 exchange was virtually valueless. When an RV occurs the value of what is exchanged goes up, but the exchange itself remains a 1/1 proposition. Iraq isn't going to lose money on any exchange no matter what the value of their currency is. Heck, you could even extrapolate the money Iraq would be getting back using the model for central banking mechanics; in that, for every dollar in a bank, a bank can loan out roughly 9 times that number. So if Iraq gets millions of it's own money back from us when we exchange, Iraq can, and will, turn around and put it into their central bank and loan 9 times what it got back. Add interest made from "new money", and you can see how this "banker" either doesn't understand what he's talking about, or doesn't understand the nature of central banking. Secondly, as has been mentioned, roughly 80% of all Iraqi debt has been forgiven so his assumption that Iraqi debt is too insurmountable is categorically wrong. Third, to compare Mexico to Iraq is absolutely absurd on every level and doesn't really even merit further explanation.

Edited by Muspublisher
typo