Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Prepares For War With Iran

Qman

i've been saying this for a while now...another reason why US forces cannot simply cut and run. Iran is juts waiting for Western powers to walk away so they can waltz right in and take over Iraq and it's oil supplies. IF that were to happen, Iran would control 59+% of the worlds oil and nothing good can come of that

• Upvote 2

This is note worthy except for the fact that the world is watching... NO WAY the UN, Russia, Arab Nations, British or US will allow it! So even if this seems like something, IRAN would be very dumb to even begin to try to take over Iraq. It would be suicide for them. I do believe they are doing their best to remain in a structural position and using Nuclear ability to posture itself.

JUST MY THOUGHT...

• Upvote 3

This is note worthy except for the fact that the world is watching... NO WAY the UN, Russia, Arab Nations, British or US will allow it! So even if this seems like something, IRAN would be very dumb to even begin to try to take over Iraq. It would be suicide for them. I do believe they are doing their best to remain in a structural position and using Nuclear ability to posture itself.

JUST MY THOUGHT...

Good points, but I dont know if the UN has the stomach for using force. Russia doesnt care because Iran wouldnt have a nuclear reactor is not for Russia. Their Arab neighbors would be terrified though.

Iran may not have to overtly invade, but use proxy groups like they do with Hizbollah in Lebanon and using influence over Syria. Al Sadr just ran back home to Iran the other day. Maybe he's retooling?

Iran is much to blame for the problems in Iraq from the war's beginning to today.

Just a piece on the progress of Iraq in rebuilding their armed services. I wouldn't read too much into it. The only reason Iran is mentioned specifically, is because they are notorius saber rattlers; and, the only way to deter them from aggression is to make sure you have a lot of "sabers" around. So, in reality this is actually a good positive piece on the progress of Iraq, to return to full soveriegnty. IMO of course; but, I bet I am right on this one...

• Upvote 1

Oops, timed out for editing. I also wanted to say: Thanks for the post Qman! I really appreciate the time you spend consistently bringing news to the forums. I haven't had much time to peruse the net on my own lately. It is good to see so much useful information in the forums these days... well, all the nasty bashing aside of course. Thanks again for all you do!

• Upvote 1

Iran is a country the whole world should be afraid of, especially the Middle East. It has however been that way for decades. Unfortunately for all us IQD investors Iraq is neighbors with Iran and any neighboring country can have an adverse effect on another. It's just like your neighbors run down crappy house and yard that is lowering the value and marketability of your home. But as long as there isn't another war over there and Iraq continues on the path they are today we should be fine. America is nice and isolated and safe here in the west,with people going about their days without much to fear, but as everyone here knows this is not the case everywhere else in the world. There are many things to be cautious and fearful of if you are Iraq, Iran being just one of them(albeit one of the bigger ones). Thanks for the post. It's better than talking about rates and dates.

• Upvote 1

All this article is saying is....Iran get ready ! Iraq is saying ...since US has come in and helped us ..we now a better trained military and we have more artilery to fight you with. This is not saying they are declaring war.

Kevin,

You're definitely right. They're not declaring war. What they are saying is they are better prepared to be a militant force on their own....and check this out.....

"The Iraqi Army is hustling to get ready to deal with Iran, by the time the last 50,000 U.S. troops leave at the end of the year. Increased oil production, and oil prices, has made it possible to recruit more troops, and equip more combat divisions."

If they are better trained now and recruit more men to be soldiers for the security of their nation against other nations, namely Iran, then they're going to need money and possible benefits to pay these men. With the increased oil production and oil prices, Iraq is now more stable than they've probably been in a very long time. I don't think an RV is too far behind. I believe it is essential that they revalue soon. Not only would we as investors like to see a return on our investment, but their people need it bad. It's sad to think of all the innocent people who've had to pay a terrible price for their freedom from dictatorship, but then again, freedom is not free. And most of the time it's paid in blood.

Edited by aferriss

Look at the map. Iran is sandwiched between Iraq and Afghanistan. Coincidence or Strategy?

With the ineptitude of staggering proportion in the White House right now, it's neither... just a distraction from handing out free beer and cigarette checks to the lazy jagoffs in this country.

i've been saying this for a while now...another reason why US forces cannot simply cut and run. Iran is juts waiting for Western powers to walk away so they can waltz right in and take over Iraq and it's oil supplies. IF that were to happen, Iran would control 59+% of the worlds oil and nothing good can come of that

Well, I don't wish to be snippy, but there does not need to be any waltzes by Iran. If we allow them to go nuclear they could easily control the Straight of Hormuz. Iran also heavily funds Yemen to their East at the Gate of Tears. Sixty percent of the world's oil passes through these two waterways on a daily basis. With increased demand for oil in China and India and others, crippling this "strategic" flow of black gold would quickly bring the West to it's collective knees (or, we would very quickly learn how vast the "strategic" oil reserves are...). While the present administration is systematically downgrading our ability to defend the intrests of ourselves and our allies, Russia, Iran and China are exploiting every sign of weakness. NOT good. B)

PS. I believe that is about as simple as a two step.