Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 1/9/2011

Doc31

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1809)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 9-JAN-2011.

The results were as follows:

DetailsNotesNumber of banks18

Auction price selling dinar / US$1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$-----

Amount sold at auction price (US$)169,224,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)-----

Total offers for buying (US$)169,224,000

Total offers for selling (US$)-----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

seypp4.jpg

Obviously oil and gold are from Friday ... later we'll see if they rebound or slide

Zeroes ... well the zeroes or near zeroes continue with the cash portion of the auction totaling 550K on decent volume. Incidently, the site was updated but not the pdf to show the cash auction numbers (it does happen sometimes on Sunday though).

It is Sunday and I am going to church in a few minutes ... and frankly there isn't much news to talk about. Many are convinced that today and tomorrow are huge "maybe" days for us. I hope that they are right ... indeed, love for them to be right.

Of note ... DT went up again on their price of IQD ... I am TOLD that several small purveyors have removed order buttons from their sites ... and others are non-responsive. I have not checked this out ... as I said I am TOLD this ... DT is a fact $1180/M with a shipping delay notice:

Due to the overwhelming demand, all orders placed after January 7th 11:00 am PST will be shipped on Friday, January 14th for delivery Monday, January 17th.

Well Moqtada al-Sadr wasn't allowed to be the "King Maker" as many hoped with his Sadrist group in parliament of ... 58 votes was it? ... but he's back from self imposed exile ... back with his anti-American rhetoric and I'm sure his agenda firmly in place. His self imposed exile put him in ayatollah school to move up the Shi'ite ladder from cleric to ayatollah ... following in his dad's, granddad's, uncles (and I believe one other family member ... perhaps in-law) steps becoming ayatollahs ... all were "martyred".

There was an article yesterday saying that inflation was at it's lowest since 2003 at 3% ... however, that is either a recycled/rehashed article or the author doesn't know what he is talking about (not the poster ... we love our news hounds) inflation was at ... someone help me ... 1.7% 6 or 8 months back ... I know that it was 2.7% in Sept/Oct ... either is a real problem for the "lopster" fans ... just sayin'

The British Report that Iraq may end up with a surplus instead of a deficit is what I've been saying since they released them from "food for oil" ... did you notice? Oil was up but went higher ... BUT ... and this is a big BUT, the Iraqis immediately started pumping almost 1M more barrels a day. Do you understand the term "sandbagged"? ... lol I wonder how that happened? They had been telling us how insurgents had damaged pipe-lines (actually many months back) and stuff just wasn't going their way ... etc. When we told them they couldn't have any more loans until they seated and RI/RV'd all of a sudden they could produce more once "food for oil was lifted" ... Frank26 always says silly rabbits! ... I will resist saying it (but you know what I'm thinking ... right?)

I said nearly 10 months ago now that the Iraqis would not "do what they were supposed to do" until we turned off the money stream that I called the "rigged one arm bandit" (just pull the lever and money falls out EVERY time).

"al-Maliki announced the completion of the National Assembly Law strategic policy" ... I'm guessing that this is good for us! It still has to be passed by Parliament ... a rubber stamp situation? ... we will see.

So was the Arab Summit the reason all of those Arab delegates were flying into Iraq prior to last weekend? Nope that appears to be in March ... a few articles showing a bit of misdirect perhaps?

Hillarious headed off to the middle East yesterday ... UAE, Oman, and Qatar ... certainly close enough to visit but why? RI/RV to congratulate them ... okay ...

Well I'm off to church ... I'll pop back in later if I see anything.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 11

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1809)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 9-JAN-2011.

The results were as follows:

DetailsNotesNumber of banks18

Auction price selling dinar / US$1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$-----

Amount sold at auction price (US$)169,224,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)-----

Total offers for buying (US$)169,224,000

Total offers for selling (US$)-----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

seypp4.jpg

Obviously oil and gold are from Friday ... later we'll see if they rebound or slide

Zeroes ... well the zeroes or near zeroes continue with the cash portion of the auction totaling 550K on decent volume. Incidently, the site was updated but not the pdf to show the cash auction numbers (it does happen sometimes on Sunday though).

It is Sunday and I am going to church in a few minutes ... and frankly there isn't much news to talk about. Many are convinced that today and tomorrow are huge "maybe" days for us. I hope that they are right ... indeed, love for them to be right.

Of note ... DT went up again on their price of IQD ... I am TOLD that several small purveyors have removed order buttons from their sites ... and others are non-responsive. I have not checked this out ... as I said I am TOLD this ... DT is a fact $1180/M with a shipping delay notice:

Well Moqtada al-Sadr wasn't allowed to be the "King Maker" as many hoped with his Sadrist group in parliament of ... 58 votes was it? ... but he's back from self imposed exile ... back with his anti-American rhetoric and I'm sure his agenda firmly in place. His self imposed exile put him in ayatollah school to move up the Shi'ite ladder from cleric to ayatollah ... following in his dad's, granddad's, uncles (and I believe one other family member ... perhaps in-law) steps becoming ayatollahs ... all were "martyred".

There was an article yesterday saying that inflation was at it's lowest since 2003 at 3% ... however, that is either a recycled/rehashed article or the author doesn't know what he is talking about (not the poster ... we love our news hounds) inflation was at ... someone help me ... 1.7% 6 or 8 months back ... I know that it was 2.7% in Sept/Oct ... either is a real problem for the "lopster" fans ... just sayin'

The British Report that Iraq may end up with a surplus instead of a deficit is what I've been saying since they released them from "food for oil" ... did you notice? Oil was up but went higher ... BUT ... and this is a big BUT, the Iraqis immediately started pumping almost 1M more barrels a day. Do you understand the term "sandbagged"? ... lol I wonder how that happened? They had been telling us how insurgents had damaged pipe-lines (actually many months back) and stuff just wasn't going their way ... etc. When we told them they couldn't have any more loans until they seated and RI/RV'd all of a sudden they could produce more once "food for oil was lifted" ... Frank26 always says silly rabbits! ... I will resist saying it (but you know what I'm thinking ... right?)

I said nearly 10 months ago now that the Iraqis would not "do what they were supposed to do" until we turned off the money stream that I called the "rigged one arm bandit" (just pull the lever and money falls out EVERY time).

"al-Maliki announced the completion of the National Assembly Law strategic policy" ... I'm guessing that this is good for us! It still has to be passed by Parliament ... a rubber stamp situation? ... we will see.

So was the Arab Summit the reason all of those Arab delegates were flying into Iraq prior to last weekend? Nope that appears to be in March ... a few articles showing a bit of misdirect perhaps?

Hillarious headed off to the middle East yesterday ... UAE, Oman, and Qatar ... certainly close enough to visit but why? RI/RV to congratulate them ... okay ...

Well I'm off to church ... I'll pop back in later if I see anything.

Peace

Doc31

Although I'm new to DV I've been following and holding Dinar for almost a year. Just wanted to say thank you for the information and post. I believe this has to happen sometime this coming week. Sit tight folks, my Dinar bones tell me we'll be doing the happy dance soon!!!!!!

Nitrobuzz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay I'm back ... and Woody, Sweet Bone, Hammy, and Dflake have been slamming the news section.

For you conspiracy theorists ... Turkish Foreign Minister postpones Iraqi visit ... need I say more?

For you purists ... Legislature calls on Parliament not to pass new budget exceeding 78 trillion.

Off to football land ... although my wife is in mourning after Peyton's team (yes, I know they are the Colts ... but it is how she refers to them) lost to a last second field goal. My team didn't bother showing up in September ... decided they might like a high draft choice instead and strategically stayed in the cellar. Yeah ... right! Son's team lost yesterday in the early game ... other kid's team cratered last week.

We are merely passengers ... along for the last few weeks of the football ride!

• Upvote 2

I love a good conspiracy. If it involves Turkey, I'm definately interested.

I don't quite get the significance of them postponing thier visit.

Is this because we sent our guard dog (Hillarious) to keep them at bay?

"don't make us let her off this chain....she bites."

I am just a junior conspiracy theorist but would love to get up to speed

on this. I have seen plenty of articles about Turkey but have never quite

connected the dots properly. I just know that I smell a rat.

• Upvote 1

As always Doc thanks. One thing though " DT is a fact $1180/M with a shipping delay notice". As of this morning DT is 1220 per mil. More good news.

Nope ... still $1180 ... for a minute I thought whoa ... did you see that on another site? perhaps someone other than DT?

Thanks

Doc31