Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5/3 bank...what bank is this?

johnfagan

I had never heard of the 5/3 UNTIL I bought a new truck last year and my loan was financed through them.

Did a google search and they are a VERY old bank. Been around since the late 1800's or early 1900's. Two banks merged way back in the prohibition days and wanted to called them selves the 3rd 5th bank...BUT because it sounded too much like liquor they chose the 5th 3rd Bank....and there folks is your history lesson.

Any sports fan know Fifth Third Bank. The University of Cincinnati's basketball arena is named Fifth Third Arena.

Unless of course you happen to be a sportsfan who couldn't care less about the university of cinci, however unlikely the existence of such a person maayyy beee (sarcasm). No 5/3 in washington, at least not that I know of, never heard of them and don't know anyone on the west who has, they may be old but they must be big in other areas besides the west coast.