Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

mi17mech sorry you got dumped on

I hardly ever post here anymore because of the biased opinions and comments I see going on here. But after what I read yesterday I had to speak up. If it gets me a warning then so be it. I am not trying to start something but merely voicing my opinions and feelings about this whole dinar thing.

I come here because it is familiar to me. I have been to many other sites but this one just feels like home and family. But then even I get really ticked off at my brothers and sisters at times. We all have our opinions and theories about this and should be allowed to express them but when someone time and time again makes false claims and is allowed to continue like they never said anything it just doesn't seem fair that when someone comes in and tries to tell another side of this they get warned. Why should they be warned for expressing their opinions and own personal experience?

I have heard so many things from this web site, some good and some bad. And some of the things I have heard when I checked it out I found out it was all a lie. I thought the whole point of having a forum was so we ALL could discuss what we have heard and decide for ourselves, not be spoon fed bits and pieces of what some think we need to know. I for one, would rather hear everything, even if it depresses me.

There has been a few different posters who would come here and post their opinions, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but at least I appreciated their honesty. I am glad some of them have stayed through all the + - , although most of them got -'s.

So much for my opinion on how people get treated here at times...........

As far as my dinar I am scared as heck I won't make as much as I had hoped but I will still hope for the best. I do feel. I just think sometimes we need to remember that besides us are a lot of Iraqi's that are also waiting and hoping for this as well. They deserve a better life too. We all do.

Great input. I typically stay away from this site because of the -/+ system. It seems so childish. Turning this function off would greatly improve this site. I will check in occasionally because sometimes thing post to this site faster than others and visa-versa. Ripping on "Newbies", not knowing anything about the person , how long they have been invested, or just flat out understanding that it is only an opinion. It appears the "Newbie" system is judged by how many post or comments you make and how the community rates your comments. Are we in High School still? Many posters in this community are great, other are not. I know this from my own investigating. So when I see a post from someone who I think is full of it, I simply do not read it. It is understandable with so many people relying on this investment that people just shoot from the hip without a full understanding of what was intended. Giving people Hell for them having a bad day. Unfortunately people will continue in their childish ways even after/if the RV happens. I wish everyone well and I hope this works out for everybody involved. If not - so be it. I will survive and hope you will also.

Too Funny - After my last post I get a message that was automatically generated from Adam thanking me for my tenth post. I click on it to read the rest of it, but because I have not and will not sign up for VIP I am not allowed to read the message. Then I look at my profile and now I am no longer a newbie. I am a now a member. Schew - glad that's over with. So Newbies make 10 quick post and presto - no one can call you a newbie again. Problem solved.

Edited by Rad Mule
  • Upvote 5

I hardly ever post here anymore because of the biased opinions and comments I see going on here. But after what I read yesterday I had to speak up. If it gets me a warning then so be it. I am not trying to start something but merely voicing my opinions and feelings about this whole dinar thing.

I come here because it is familiar to me. I have been to many other sites but this one just feels like home and family. But then even I get really ticked off at my brothers and sisters at times. We all have our opinions and theories about this and should be allowed to express them but when someone time and time again makes false claims and is allowed to continue like they never said anything it just doesn't seem fair that when someone comes in and tries to tell another side of this they get warned. Why should they be warned for expressing their opinions and own personal experience?

I have heard so many things from this web site, some good and some bad. And some of the things I have heard when I checked it out I found out it was all a lie. I thought the whole point of having a forum was so we ALL could discuss what we have heard and decide for ourselves, not be spoon fed bits and pieces of what some think we need to know. I for one, would rather hear everything, even if it depresses me.

There has been a few different posters who would come here and post their opinions, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but at least I appreciated their honesty. I am glad some of them have stayed through all the + - , although most of them got -'s.

So much for my opinion on how people get treated here at times...........

As far as my dinar I am scared as heck I won't make as much as I had hoped but I will still hope for the best. I do feel. I just think sometimes we need to remember that besides us are a lot of Iraqi's that are also waiting and hoping for this as well. They deserve a better life too. We all do.

I noticed mi17mech get silenced too. Just because his intel doen't jive with what people want to hear he gets ignored and or bullied. where is the balance. If you only listen to the positive intel / news you will be disappointed constantly

• Upvote 5

As i said in my reply to the other topic that was locked with sonny's chat ( and a couple of replies deleted, mine included), MI17 is a stand up guy. Have personally known the guy for years. Not an internet buddy but known as a co-worker and friend. Someone that has watched my back and I his. He didnt desrve the warning and like adam said, some people do get preferential treatment as we have all seen before. Cool part is, the dinar will keep going. The RV will happen. In the end, we will all know what the rate and date is. I personally seriousley doubt I will have any contact with anyone associated with this site except for a select few. There was a reason I just faded off for close to a year. It had to do with the attitudes and childish BS that gets thrown around. The drama is overwhelming and the behaivor is less than respectable by some. i wish everyone could be happy for the chance we all have instead being defensive and gaurded but I just dont see it changing anytime soon. MI17, see ya soon. Keep up the good work bro and tell everyone I said Hi.

• Upvote 9

Without trying to blast anyone or choose sides in this debate, didn't Sonny1 come back on after the exchange of words and say that according to mi17mech's IP address he was NOT in iraq as he said he was, but stateside? And if THAT were true, where did he get all the info that he used to discredit Sonny1?

So much drama on here, and i think the longer we don't get the RV we're all hoping for, the worse it will get.

• Upvote 2

Hey TEX, I agree with what your saying to a great extent.How ever if you are feelings are getting a little smashed ,just sit back and relize ,you really have no idea what any of the people on here's station in life is ,or their educational backround is, there true age and experience is in life,Where they were born or what kind of early life expeiriences have shaped their way of thinking.There are some people on here that are convinced everyone is wrong but them.There are people on here who have no problem insulting spiritual beleif's brought into a conversation instead of ignoring them and letting the poster voice his oppinion .People on line have no problem letting you know what they think or being rude , because they are anonomous! Most you would dismiss their opinions as soon as you met them, or were able to discern for yourself what kind of person they were by the way they spoke and inner-acted with others,or another words how they presented themselves.IU some times fell greatly irratated at some threads and then have to step back and ask who are these people to me anyway?They are just people .With all of their flaws and baggage amplified, because they are sight unseen.So take from these threads what is of a benifit for you and ignore the rest.None of the oppinions on here should be more valuable than your own! Hope this helps with it.Peace B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the whole chat episode could have been avoided, if a different tack was taken. I think that MI17 came in to chat with a perspective, that, what Sonny1 was espousing was myth. In actuality, they were probably both right.

Sonny1's understanding is from his contacts in the ME while MI17's is from experience. Both, those perspectives will differ, to an extent. I think the talks about the larger denoms being phased out is accurate. I just don't think it's at an urgent level, yet. So, the larger bills will still be in circulation, once they reach the bank, be taken out.

I don't think it's a good idea to confront in such a way that you may be calling someone a liar, inadvertently. I think the way to approach a subject in the future where your information differs from someone else's, is to do so in an inquisitive manner. Not make bold or brash statements in order to humilate or to quell the other person's communication. MI17 could have said "I am in Iraq, and my experience, here is different, this is what I am seeing...." To come out and state "Not, true"~ can make one feel that they are being called a liar.

I don't think this should be limited to the guru's or the experts, it also should include all members of DV. We should try to respect one another and try to treat everyone one in a civil manner.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think the whole chat episode could have been avoided, if a different tack was taken. I think that MI17 came in to chat with a perspective, that, what Sonny1 was espousing was myth. In actuality, they were probably both right.

Sonny1's understanding is from his contacts in the ME while MI17's is from experience. Both, those perspectives will differ, to an extent. I think the talks about the larger denoms being phased out is accurate. I just don't think it's at an urgent level, yet. So, the larger bills will still be in circulation, once they reach the bank, be taken out.

I don't think it's a good idea to confront in such a way that you may be calling someone a liar, inadvertently. I think the way to approach a subject in the future where your information differs from someone else's, is to do so in an inquisitive manner. Not make bold or brash statements in order to humilate or to quell the other person's communication. MI17 could have said "I am in Iraq, and my experience, here is different, this is what I am seeing...." To come out and state "Not, true"~ can make one feel that they are being called a liar.

I don't think this should be limited to the guru's or the experts, it also should include all members of DV. We should try to respect one another and try to treat everyone one in a civil manner.

I do agree with you that we should all treat each other in a civil manner, but then I can really understand the frustration of some posters though, when someone who has predicted certain things that never came true, once again comes on with false information. Maybe a PM would have been better between them both, but then when a mod is confronted by a poster who do you think will win? Plus I don't think it's cool for a persons IP area to be posted in public.

Maybe that is part of what is bothering me. I just feel a mods job should be to mod everyone else impartially. It just seems like a conflict of interest for a mod to come forth with information because it would seem apparent that no one would be able to question them.

As far as Dinars I am still worried that we will be forced to turn our large denoms in for smaller ones and that will have to pay a high fee for this service. Has anyone else thought that this would be a possibility? I don't know what I will do if this happens. I know I will be pretty ticked off though.

I do agree with you that we should all treat each other in a civil manner, but then I can really understand the frustration of some posters though, when someone who has predicted certain things that never came true, once again comes on with false information. Maybe a PM would have been better between them both, but then when a mod is confronted by a poster who do you think will win? Plus I don't think it's cool for a persons IP area to be posted in public.

Maybe that is part of what is bothering me. I just feel a mods job should be to mod everyone else impartially. It just seems like a conflict of interest for a mod to come forth with information because it would seem apparent that no one would be able to question them.

As far as Dinars I am still worried that we will be forced to turn our large denoms in for smaller ones and that will have to pay a high fee for this service. Has anyone else thought that this would be a possibility? I don't know what I will do if this happens. I know I will be pretty ticked off though.

Well, I don't think that Sonny1's information was false. He received passed down information which in most cases may not be as accurate as experiencing it yourself. That's why I think that they were probably both right.

You are right about how a mod should conduct themselves. There is nothing wrong with asking a mod a question regarding intel, just try to do it in a diplomatic fashion. If there is a reason that someone must be confrontational with a mod, then try to work it out behind the scenes and if that doesn't work - take it to a higher power (Adam Montana).

Unfortunately, what I see most often, is the need to bash publicly. Why does anyone find it necessary to bash at people and to do it in the most ugliest manner?

• Downvote 1

Unfortunately, what I see most often, is the need to bash publicly. Why does anyone find it necessary to bash at people and to do it in the most ugliest manner?

I totally agree. I think a lot of it has to do with the frustrations we are all feelings right now. Actually I think the entire country is feeling frustrated with life in general.

I hope at the very least, that opportunity is given to us. What I am afraid of, is a .10 rv and a small window to cash in and no lower denoms until the large are pulled. Anyways, at any rate, we should all be thankful for even a .10 rv. It would still be a great return for our investment.

I totally agree. I think a lot of it has to do with the frustrations we are all feelings right now. Actually I think the entire country is feeling frustrated with life in general.

Exactly!

• Downvote 1

Well said Dogmatic1. I was lurking the day in question, and agree most of the confrontation could've been avoided if approached in a different manner. Was kinda surprized Sonny1 just did'nt kick him,so kudos to him for restraint. IMO some of the younger generation are no longer taught the need to respect others. Being brash,loud, & obnoxious does not equate to intelligence..................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dogmatic I agree with everything you have said!! (not because you are a fellow mod) Yes emotions are running wild right now. We as mods try to be as patient as possible. I am sure sonny1 felt attacked the way mi17 presented his opinion. We should all just take a step forward, move past this, & keep looking forward to what's ahead. No matter what anyone says or does what is meant to happen will happen. :) You are all great people!! Let's work together to keep it together! Love to all!! Gooo RrrrVvvvv!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why kick him or anyone for that matter? He called him on something he didn't agree with. IMO I really didn't think he was that out of line. Not anymore out of line when someone makes false promises.

I might tend to agree with another poster who suggested that they might both be right. At least they think they both have accurate information to share.

Not trying to argue just trying to understand why you might think silencing someone with a different opinion could be a good thing

NotReallyTex,sorry I should've expanded on what I said. No he should'nt have been kicked, I've seen it happen before is all and was glad to see Sonny1 show restraint. Sorry for not explainin properly........................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!

Sonny is a pretty sharp guy, and has readily admitted that much of his past intel has been inaccurate - like virtually everyone else thus far. He receives a lot of information and brings what he believes might have credibility. I'm sure he didn't take offense to the comment that this information was "not true." There's a big difference between stating that you have knowledge that information provided is inaccurate, and calling someone a liar. The choice of words might have been a little better, and more detailed, but it was clear that the intent wasn't malicious. I suspect that all is cool with Sonny1. B)