Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Compelling argument for the LOP theory

joeintt

We all hope there will be a straight r v ,but they are not trying to make investors and speculators, rich. They are trying to raise their people up, there culture demands it, after all they are argueably the oldest civiliization on earth. They have little concern about us.

• Upvote 1

I'm not bashing, but if all currency gets the lop, their budget would be a worthless act of futility. It wouldn't come close to meeting any type of a true budget to opperate in the upcomming year, even being supplemented by outside world currencies. The world bank ext... would pull funding along with outside contractors commitments being null and void without a viable compensation means of payment. Economically, it does not make since to do a lop. Just my observations, right or wrong.

• Upvote 1

IMHO - a LOP has always been a possibility. To me it makes quite a bit of sense if they are trying to rebase the Dinar to return it to pre-war values. However, I do not think they will LOP without a strong increase in the exchange rate. If they LOP, look for an RI or RV in the $3.22 to $3.48 range. I know this is not what many people want to hear; but, it would still yield a remarkable 300+% Return on Investment for most speculators. Not too shabby by any standard. I am hopeful they will not LOP; but, I cannot deny that it is a very real possibility. Bash if you must; but, I will stick to my guns till the bitter end!! My common sense will not permit me to think otherwise. So, I wish you all well in your endeavors; and... G O R V ! ! ! ! !

• Upvote 3

Please share your thoughts

Don't take this the wrong way, but you didn't post a single actual reason (that your friend stated of course) to argue why a L OP is probable. You simply listed a series of steps (incomplete and incorrect afaik) as to how a L OP would go down. I would like to know about his insight into the matter, but only if he actually has the knowledge to argue why a L OP is economically possible for the IQD. Again what was stated doesn't display any understanding as to a L O P making sense. Discussing inflation at detail, cost of goods, GDP, note sizes, and an understanding that a removal of 3 zeroes from only currencies with 3 zeroes is practically impossible. Those are the things that I am interested in and the things the members of this board should be.

For the newbies....we have a lop forum here. The lop has been debunked as long as this forum has been active. Read all posts there first.

Stop saying this! It's BS that the LOP THEORY has been DEBUNKED! Stop regurgitating what you read in these LOP forums. It is ABSOLUTELY a possibility, and a probability in my mind. To say this statement for the millionth time, not just by myself, but many others....Simply stated. If you take the three zeros off the currency, NOT the nominal value. Your 25K IQD is now face value of 25 IQD. If they RV at $3, you know have $75 for each 25K IQD note you own. If you own 1M IQD, the value of the paper you hold in your hand is $1200 USD. Yes, exactly what you paid for it.

I don't care what posts and news articles you've read, this screws NO ONE! Not us, any other foreign government, not our government, NO BODY! WAKE UP! It's a distinct possibility any way you look at it.

I just hope I"m HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

OK, none of us that hold Iraq Dinar want the dreaded LOP. That is a given!! The theory presented is very possible and thanks for posting. I do beleive though if they did this, they would have to make the 4 lower currency bills available at the same time and also the fils. There is no way that it could work any other way. Let us hope they just want to take the larger denominations out of general circulation as the US did many years ago. I for one want my investment to be worth 1000 times more of what it would be worth with a LOP.

all major world economies have coins in circulation and 1's,5's,10's and so up to 250.

If a straight revaluation happened at $3 or higher then it would save the world!!!!

Also find me the exact abbreveation definition of LOP!

Large bills will be redenominated with a 1 year buy back period (to allow new denoms into circ.) at a $3 or more exchange rate, which means a +300% ROI. The only way you can get a ROI that high is you bough land 25 years ago and sold it 5 years ago!!!!!!

lets get real people this is still a great investment but believe me i would love to see some crazy shiznit and us all be filthy rich. but i highly doubt its gonna happen.

Let the bashing begin!!!! sparring gear is on!!!!

believe me i really want to see whats in this pic here :-)

post-24370-129384690305_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can see how this would be an effective way to draw down the mass of currency outstanding,but it does present some problems. How are they going to deal with the locals losing their money, only if they single out, non iraqis, can they accomplish this. this could be problematic,considering we got rid of saddam. It will also be hard to have the banks follow this line,as, well as, the stock market in iraq.. I can see why they are hesitant to imbark on this endeaver. just my thoughts

The Lop doesnt change the actual value of the dinar itself. It most likely will happen. And I look at it as a good sign. If the Dinar is going to go up in value...then it makes sense to lower your bills denominations. Let's say it matches the American dollar in value, so you're now walking around with a stack of $25,000....dont thinks so. Its the exact formula for increasing the denomination but with the reverse outcome. With the dinar you are carrying stacks upon stacks of paper money to buy anything. With the increase of value on the Dinar, there's no point to have such a high denomination on your bills. Its reckless and dangerous. I see the Lop for what it is, a postitive sign its worth is changing for the better.

J

• Upvote 1

Do you really think our govt will let that happen, or how about China or even Russia

It has been stated repeatedly that these 3 governments are very well vested in the IQD

or is this more bs

come on now..............300% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our national deficit would be gone if th US gov bought 3.5 trillion dinar------( $3billion USD)

I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone says that the small denoms aren't out:.......I personaly have some small denoms and have had for some time, I'm not the only one that has some I have a friend that has some as well so forget the idea that the small notes aren't out yet!!

i am no expert but i do read a bit in here. that being said just earlier today i read apost that said they pay 22 dinars for a gallon of milk. if thats the case right now they would buy 2 gallons which would be 44. iqd they hand the clerk a fifty and get no change back so they loose money or buy gum. lol anyways if you lop what does the milk become? 2.20 or .22 they still have no coins and no smaller denoms now he has to buy 20 gallons of milk for his fifty the smallest denom he has in his wallet? doesn't add up to me even if i agreed to alop which i dont. it is still very hard to run simple retail without smaller denoms. ??????

my 2 cents worth and since here in the states we have that kind of currency i dont have to loose 49.88?????

thanks for the post good question nothing wrong with asking. and the info i gave you is just junk in my head so dont take it as gold.

I saw that post too. The difference is that I did some math, while you believed it and then repeated it.

22 dinars for a gallon of milk? That's less than 2 cents a gallon.

Right.

If you guy's remotely think their is any possibility of that scenario coming true then who would listen to anything you had to say?It would make you all the dumbest investors in history, and i know that's not the case.Look at the logic instead of fear in THE ORIGINAL SPIKE"S post.He's hit the nail on the head. Use some basic economic and math logic .It'll help instead of listening to a rumor from some guy who know's a guy who may or may not hve a 5th grade equivalent education,born in Iraq! Just sayin not directed at anyone in particular.Peace B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By the way this guy has posted this same post before about 2 weeks ago :D

I always thought you were a straight up guy....until I read your last post....you know that this is not true.....this is the first time that this post was ever done.......and it is real easy to check this. And if by chance you did not even take the time to check it out.......I take your post as an attempt to make me look like a liar or a pumper or whatever.

You can do better than this my friend....we are all simply chasing the truth on this investment......too much misinformation is everywhere. So please do not be apart of the misleading game....I thought you were a straight up guy......so be one!!

Be blessed in 2011 everyone

Joe

• Upvote 3

Stop saying this! It's BS that the LOP THEORY has been DEBUNKED! Stop regurgitating what you read in these LOP forums. It is ABSOLUTELY a possibility, and a probability in my mind. To say this statement for the millionth time, not just by myself, but many others....Simply stated. If you take the three zeros off the currency, NOT the nominal value. Your 25K IQD is now face value of 25 IQD. If they RV at $3, you know have $75 for each 25K IQD note you own. If you own 1M IQD, the value of the paper you hold in your hand is $1200 USD. Yes, exactly what you paid for it.

I don't care what posts and news articles you've read, this screws NO ONE! Not us, any other foreign government, not our government, NO BODY! WAKE UP! It's a distinct possibility any way you look at it.

I just hope I"m HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you would lose money as the dealers would buy it back for less then $1200. around $900! :huh:

marcuscurtis has done some excellent work on this subject. =1&view_by_title=1"]You can read his stuff here. Good luck.

He has indeed. Most folks on this site would do well to read his research. Unless of course you are a LOPSTER, then any credible research would not be your thing. He explains how STUPID and unlikely lopping is. Opinion is one thing, but nonesense is another.

marcuscurtis has done some excellent work on this subject. =1&view_by_title=1"]You can read his stuff here. Good luck.

He has indeed. Most folks on this site would do well to read his research. Unless of course you are a LOPSTER, then any credible research would not be your thing. He explains how STUPID and unlikely lopping is. Opinion is one thing, but nonesense is another.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My oppologies if you haven't posted this story as a post before but i'm pretty sure it was disscussed in a post .You may not have started the post but i do remember this story .That being said.My posts were directed towards the idea of the post being illogical not that your freind didn't tell you these things or that he does'nt beleive everything he has told you.Just saying it does'nt add up ! I re read my post and can see how it would come across rude.For that i opologize sincerely. But i do totally disagree with some of your freind 's intell he has given you.I however am not justifying an emotional response to the info that was a offensive position i took instead of explaining my thoughts more clearly on the subject . As i was writing i was being sarcastic [my form of humor] it came across as personal toward your freind and you jointt. I will do better to govern myself in the future when taking an advasarial position on a subject .Thanks for the attitude check.PEAce :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1