Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Everyone Please Read

Potentially in the next few weeks all of our lives will be changed forever. When the RV finally arrives none of us will forget exactly where we were when we learned that this investment has finally paid off.

However, before that happens we need to think about thousands of others who have already had moment in their lives they will never forget.

The moment I am referring too is when thousands of children were told one by one that their mother or father had been killed in Iraq while in the service of the US military. Even though these children will eventually grow to understand that their parents were hero’s, right now many of them are too young and only know they lost something that can never be replaced. Ever.

I would like to introduce everyone to SnowballExpress.org. It’s a terrific organization that helps the children of the service men and women killed in action.

All of us literally owe these families a tremendous debt and thinking about them after your life changing event could help these children in ways we cannot imagine.

I am writing out a check tonight and will be doing so again post RV. Won’t you join me?

Great Post Eagle, wonderful idea, looks like a great charity that would benefit greatly from us after the RV, and hopefully some before.

Well Duh. . . . a no brainer, YES!

We are a military family, and putting my children in the shoes of those babes is a gut wrenching thought!

My family is so blessed to have had my Father, Father in Law, Brother, & Husband come home from every deployment & every war. I can't imagine the pain! I think about it when my husband is gone, but can't really grasp it.

Thanks Eagleman, you are so right!

• Upvote 2

Personally I think that is a great idea however I would only like to point out that there are many charities that help all of the children that have lost from the war. I personally am a walking wounded from my duty in Iraq. My 3 children may not have lost their father to combat on one hand, but on the other they have; just like so many other children of the walking wounded... You see for me to be able to walk around I must constantly be high on pain medications that I never had to take before... Not to mention the constant nightmares I cannot seem to outrun, sleep away, or forget by not sleeping.

While I agree helping these children is a great cause I just want to make sure everyone understands that just because a child's parent came home does not mean they did not loose them or a significant piece of them! My oldest son has not played a day of sports since I got home and could not coach due to my injuries... He says he does not want to play for anyone else but me, and says he loved being out there with me and the one on one time we spent at home all of which we cannot do anymore. So please when looking at charities or anything else please ensure we are helping all of those that need it and not limiting our influence because our influence can be great if used correctly.

Iraqi Vet05-07

• Upvote 12

1. Read what's already posted in the forum first so as to avoid double and triple posting the same information.

2. Read the story you are going to post BEFORE you post it.

3. Ask yourself if it is relevant to the interests of the members of this site. Do we care? Does it have anything to do with the Iraqi economy, the dinar, the state of security, the political process, etc??

4. Check the date of the story for timeliness.

5. ALWAYS include a hyperlink to the story so the validity of the information can be determined.

6. Do not post rumors in the news forum.

7. Make sure it is Iraqi/Dinar related news. ISX news goes under the ISX section.

8. Please choose a prefix, either Iraq news or Dinar new, whichever category it falls under.

Thanks!

Woody

This post has been edited by Mr. Phonics: 27 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Read more:

• Downvote 11

Eagleman - I have had that thought in my mind now for some time - trying to help the children of the fallen hero's we all owe so greatly. I was not aware of the organization you mention - but they will definitely get my support. Thank you for sharing this idea and the name of a worthy organization.

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year & God Bless! :D :D :D

thanks for posting this Great idea got a little choked up when i read this,please remind us all when the time comes!! As I have said before everytime I see someone in uniform ,I stop them and shake their hand and thank them and you should see the look on their face,this is not done enough and I"m asking everyone to do this as well and the joy that both you and the serviceperson get will make both of you feel good,please pass it on and again thanks for this wonderful post!!

You can count on me to help out when this rv,s one of the first things i do , My best friends husband was injured really bad him and his guys got blown up in the tank they were in (Thanks to god) he survived but will also never be the same , For those who have lost lifes and for those of who have lost the ablity to live a normal life i will be one of the first people to help all i can .

Thanks and God Bless you and your familys Thanks to those who served and gave up alot to help protect all of our familys What a Sacrfice you have made for ones you have never even met . :)

Personally I think that is a great idea however I would only like to point out that there are many charities that help all of the children that have lost from the war. I personally am a walking wounded from my duty in Iraq. My 3 children may not have lost their father to combat on one hand, but on the other they have; just like so many other children of the walking wounded... You see for me to be able to walk around I must constantly be high on pain medications that I never had to take before... Not to mention the constant nightmares I cannot seem to outrun, sleep away, or forget by not sleeping.

While I agree helping these children is a great cause I just want to make sure everyone understands that just because a child's parent came home does not mean they did not loose them or a significant piece of them! My oldest son has not played a day of sports since I got home and could not coach due to my injuries... He says he does not want to play for anyone else but me, and says he loved being out there with me and the one on one time we spent at home all of which we cannot do anymore. So please when looking at charities or anything else please ensure we are helping all of those that need it and not limiting our influence because our influence can be great if used correctly.

Iraqi Vet05-07

The present takes years to overcome. Mine was about 5. But I tell you it can be done.

• Upvote 2

Potentially in the next few weeks all of our lives will be changed forever. When the RV finally arrives none of us will forget exactly where we were when we learned that this investment has finally paid off.

However, before that happens we need to think about thousands of others who have already had moment in their lives they will never forget.

The moment I am referring too is when thousands of children were told one by one that their mother or father had been killed in Iraq while in the service of the US military. Even though these children will eventually grow to understand that their parents were hero’s, right now many of them are too young and only know they lost something that can never be replaced. Ever.

I would like to introduce everyone to SnowballExpress.org. It’s a terrific organization that helps the children of the service men and women killed in action.

All of us literally owe these families a tremendous debt and thinking about them after your life changing event could help these children in ways we cannot imagine.

I am writing out a check tonight and will be doing so again post RV. Won’t you join me?

Good Stuff Eagleman! I'll check it out :D