Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oregon School for the Blind

RiverStyx

Hello Dinar Vets people.

I like many others have so many ideas on how to help others once this RV's. Many speak of helping Veterans, homeless, etc.

I use Hulu to watch shows recorded for my convenience as so many do and tonight I watched Extreme Home makeover and it was on the Oregon School for the deaf. Here is the link to the show.

During this show they spoke several times of the School for the Blind being closed.

I did a little research on this and found it to be true. Open from February 26, 1873 until July 2009.

I know also that many are looking for Tax deductions as well as the ability to do something good. ;)

I propose we build a new school for the blind in Oregon. Most all states have a school for the deaf and the blind and many combined in one campus. Oregon does not. I currently own a 501C3 and am willing to head this task and see it through. I at the same time would love to step aside and let Adam head this up if he chooses and I am still willing to over see this project until completed being there in Oregon in person.

I furthermore think this would be a great opportunity to take Dinar Vets to a higher plane and a permanent place in history. IE the school donated by the Dinar Vets. Adam Montana and every contributors name in a plaque in the schools entrance.

This would require land, building, materials, computers, etc. Once this is Rv'd I have only a couple of matters to attend to in just a few weeks and then I am single and free to go where ever I choose. I choose this should there be enough to do so.

If anyone wishes to form a trust, provide an accountant to oversee this, what ever I do not need to control anything. I am willing to just be the one to be there and see it through freeing up the rest of you. I know many of you do not have much in dinar such as me but I do have time and devotion that I can contribute.

Lets show the world that money does not mean greed and lets show that this is the best group of investors in the United States of America. Should this come to fruition and monies left over from this project then we can take whats left and tend to Veterans who fought in Iraq that are homeless and with disabilities.

These blind kids were from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Now they fight the battles of mainstream in public schools and many struggle and some of their needs are never met. These are children and need our help. I wish to help them. Anyone who can help with the organization of this please jump in. I am open to any suggestions. I can not do this alone.

Here are the links below.

Extreme home makeover

http://www.hulu.com/...emiere_date-asc

School for the blind history

http://www.salemhist...chool_blind.htm

Wikipedia on the school and its closing

http://en.wikipedia....l_for_the_Blind

The vote to close the school

http://www.oregonliv...te_is_deci.html

• Upvote 9

Riverstyx i think your idea is brilliant...you can count me in .. we wont have a lot of money but will share what we do... our family (husband and older kids) have decided to make sure we each have a house and the rest were giving away....keep me posted on your plan pls.

• Upvote 3

School for the blind closing in Iowa too.

. I grew up with a blind uncle a truly remarkable man. I learned so much about tolerance, determination and fairness from him (and unfortunately public ignorance as well). He came to my classrooms with his seeing eye dogs. He then was a regular speaker in classrooms all over Iowa. He owned and operated a woodworking business and built wooden toys and those wishing wells every Iowa redneck has in the front yard.

I would be so honored to do this in his memory as he passed earlier this year, please count me in.

• Upvote 4

Wow wonderful response so far, ty you can set up contact information and I know the amount will be per the RV so I do not expect any pledges at this time but please if you are interested show your support on here but contact me, I have a email I use for business. rivertitus@yahoo.com feel free if it is related to this.

Edited by RiverStyx
  • Upvote 4

If you watch this then you will see why the veterans are my project number 2 the first one should only take a few months to build and donate

http://www.vvsd.net/

I am going to make a facility on my land where veterans can get an online associates degree and work and live, wear uniforms, have roll call, I will bring back the comfort zone but without the stress. They can work the cattle, rescue horses, dogs, and grow crops in the spring and reap the benefits of their labor. Be proud of them selves and have the family of veterans they long for while learning how to start over.

Case per case basis will allow longer stay provided progress is achieved. Over 900 homeless just in San Diego Cali alone.

• Upvote 7

If you watch this then you will see why the veterans are my project number 2 the first one should only take a few months to build and donate

http://www.vvsd.net/

I am going to make a facility on my land where veterans can get an online associates degree and work and live, wear uniforms, have roll call, I will bring back the comfort zone but without the stress. They can work the cattle, rescue horses, dogs, and grow crops in the spring and reap the benefits of their labor. Be proud of them selves and have the family of veterans they long for while learning how to start over.

Case per case basis will allow longer stay provided progress is achieved. Over 900 homeless just in San Diego Cali alone.

It's things like this that makes God smile. I think we can expand on this plan.

• Upvote 3

RiverStyx,

You my friend are the kind of MAN that young and old men should be looking up to!! Your heart is in the right place!!

I for one will be more than glad to help you accomplish this task after the RV!

I have talked to RiverStyx on the phone and think he is really on to something here!!

If and when we are blessed with the RV lets remember the VETS that have come back from war and are now living in the streets!!

IMO, we need to help provide these kids with a school so they can learn and one day maybe one of them might find a cure to one of our terrible diseases. You never know!!

Bump

• Upvote 3

You all are awesome. People can be too, even a small donation can achieve so much if people did it. One of my best friends, A vet, just sent me this, you have seen the San Diego one here is one in Illinois. This problem is everywhere my friends. I intend to work with the VA first hand for sure. Location will be important but so is peace of mind for them. Anyway thanks again to all so far. So few post for so many views.

This is giving back to the ones who brought us here in the first place.

Check this out, there is so so many all over.

http://www.helpaveteran.org/

Edited by RiverStyx
  • Upvote 3

If a handful of people think they can set aside 25 USD worth of Dinar for a project like this then with a RV, that all of us are hoping for, it should be more than enough to get a project like this on its feet.

Now is the time to get a project like this going. A few dollar now could lead to hundreds being fed for years. Eventually the current wars will end. With it the public mind will drift away from taking care of our country's veterans but something like this will not fade away.

Edited by FireShrew
  • Upvote 2

I'm in but DIBS ON BEING SUPERVSOR. :P

All joking aside, I am in. Won't be as much as I'd like because I'll lose my disabilty as soon as this RV's so whatever I get has to get me through. Not looking for sympathy or kudos, just saying. B)

Edited by JugDawg1
  • Upvote 3

I'm in but DIBS ON BEING SUPERVSOR. :P

All joking aside, I am in. Won't be as much as I'd like because I'll lose my disabilty as soon as this RV's so whatever I get has to get me through. Not looking for sympathy or kudos, just saying. B)

Understood, what most people do not know is I am in that same boat. ;) I totally gotchya :D

• Upvote 3

saw a bit about a location needed. I had an idea about that this morning. Is anyone familiar with the problem of micro towns going extinct and people buying the town for just a few thousand? I'm not sure where, but that would get our vets out of the city, where all too many don't do so.well. and it would be a pre-established place to set up shop. How well does that bounce?

• Upvote 2

saw a bit about a location needed. I had an idea about that this morning. Is anyone familiar with the problem of micro towns going extinct and people buying the town for just a few thousand? I'm not sure where, but that would get our vets out of the city, where all too many don't do so.well. and it would be a pre-established place to set up shop. How well does that bounce?

Depending on the location it would be very optimal. I am open for any and all and of course would go for the best opportunity. Keep in mind to do a self sustaining venture though farm land for crops, cattle, (our own meat) chickens make eggs for breakfast, lots to provide etc. would be essential to keep funds circulating. After it is built there is but so much to continue, this will not only provide pride and accomplishment without having to go outside the wire for work but feed and income from sales of cattle etc, to boot. Location location location lol :D

Just trying to think of making it survive on its own. I was going to go solar and wind as well. Fully self contained as much as possible. IE no bills if we can help it.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your post....I am sending medical supplies and school supplies to a village set up by my father-in-law...I did not invest a lot of money into the dinar, but if I have any left after the village, I would be glad to donate to the school. Are we not the luckiest people to be able to do something like this?

• Upvote 1