Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hey Pheonix

deenar

The documents that were released do not directly implicate Maliki of any wrong doing but have been used in an attempt to paint the picture as if he did.

There is nothing within the documents themselves thus far that has shown without a shadow of a doubt that Maliki is guilty of any wrong doing.

This is the same type of situation as we have had here in the United States with the radical group "The Pink Ladies" who have used freedom of information documents and news reports in a feeble attempt to claim that both George Bush and **** Cheney were guilty of war crimes and therefore should be convicted.

And in the same way as i described the current wiki leaks situation in Iraq we see a radical anti Maliki group grasping at any information they can find in a weak attempt to discredit the current administration in Iraq.

You are seeing the actions of the Iraqi equivalent of the "Pink Ladies".....and being so is as I described...is nothing less than a political sideshow that has zero effect on the real political situation within Iraq at this time.

Phoenix

I think we should see the GOI formed this week and I am sure the contracts will stand.

RV this year?

Yes.

Phoenix

Thanks for your quick reply. A agree with your positive stance.

Only accept press information right from and linked to official government of Iraq websites.

Office of the President.

Office of the Prime Minister.

The Central Bank of Iraq

The official Iraqi Gazette.

Also...one of the most common lies on the forums of late is that Maliki owns a news service...that is 100% not true.

Phoenix

• Upvote 3

Only accept press information right from and linked to official government of Iraq websites.

Office of the President.

The Central Bank of Iraq

Also...one of the most common lies on the forums of late is that Maliki owns a news service...that is 100% not true.

Phoenix

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Appreciate it!

Office of the President.

The Central Bank of Iraq

Phoenix

Phoenix...you are really starting to impress me (sorry, I know you've heard this sooo many times from so many people and deserve it)! I, too, seek out your posts along with Scooter, Viper and a few others. You all seem to have the most intelligent angles to this conundrum (the last 8 years anyway).

Might I ask WHERE and HOW you figured all this info out? I dig and dig and come up with some and I now see your reliable sources listed above, but are you coming to your conclusions from these internet sources 100% or if you don't mind me asking, have you found a reliable source that remains confidential? I ask this as articles are important, but some of your conclusions are amazingly concise or certainly backed with a ton of confidence of which I find believable. But having "Boots on the ground" that is reliable is that much better that I can only guess is where you come up with some of your predictions or in depth knowledge. Sorry if this comes off as a challenge as it is NOT meant to be that, but instead curiosity that is killing me to not know. INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!! Hrdbawl out (and very appreciated of your due diligence and patience)!

Edited by hrdbawl

Phoenix, again very solid responses. I agree with you 100% although I am no longer concerned by the politics being played out. I just feel like its probably already been decided.

I do have a question, do you know of the 20,000 troops being deployed to Iraq? Have you heard anything about that? I see the same article being floated around at different sites but no mention of actual numbers.

I do believe we will not allow Iraq to fail.

Because that is not his to do so.

That is in the hands of the CBI and is being coordinated by the IMF and World Bank.

The Prime Minister of Iraq does not have that power.

The action of the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar will have a major effect on many major world economies and because of that the issue is larger than Iraq and in fact is a global issue and being so is and has been coordinated by the IMF and World Bank.

Yes there have been delays and those delays appear to have been by design....some for economic and taxation reasons...some political.

But the power to make the revaluation happen has never been under Maliki's control.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix .... Know that your labor is not in vein! We appreciate you!

• Upvote 1

Hey Inicio you’re lucky we share anything with you. The information your referring to came from a private email group.

I myself did not want the information to leave the group but Keeps felt compelled to share it. So maybe you should be more considerate about what Boots on the Ground and people that spend hours pouring over documents are willing to give to you free. Think about it Scooter as well as many others and myself put information out there everyday and ask nothing in return.

This is one of the many reason’s I only share in private email chains now. Everyone is a critic the worst ones are those who do not contribute, but only heckle those of us who do.

Madman (Pissed Off) Out

Whoa MM chill out! The purpose of my post (the second in this thread) was in hope of having Keep join in, as I always respect his thoughts, opinions and intel and thought if we had him and Phoenix together it would be highly informative. Keep, Phoenix, Scooter and Sonny are the opinions I respect more than any other. Look at my posts, I don't bash or criticize. Phoenix, thanks for your work and your responses in this thread.

275 MILLION DOLLARS smuggled into Switzerland,4 MILLION dollars found in trunk of maliki's drivers car---bribe money,several hundred artifacts "found" in maliki's tool shed---he didn't know were there,secret prisons,thousand of Iraqi executed,------------------and this JOKER is going to be the next PM---what a JOKE-----he will be EXTREMELY lucky if he doesn't HANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMHO

PLUS a 7 MILLION dollar home on a salary of $150,000---------this guy is as CORRUPT as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

275 MILLION DOLLARS smuggled into Switzerland,4 MILLION dollars found in trunk of maliki's drivers car---bribe money,several hundred artifacts "found" in maliki's tool shed---he didn't know were there,secret prisons,thousand of Iraqi executed,------------------and this JOKER is going to be the next PM---what a JOKE-----he will be EXTREMELY lucky if he doesn't HANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMHO

PLUS a 7 MILLION dollar home on a salary of $150,000---------this guy is as CORRUPT as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been lied to and used to spread false information by political factions within Iraq who are spreading disinformation.

If you think ANY of that is true then post one single link from one single CREDIBLE news source.

You will not be able to.

Why?

Because it is all falsehood and disinformation.

Want some credible information about Malaki from a credible source?

How about

The SIGIR

SIGIR:The Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, they frequently provide testimony before U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate committees on SIGIR's oversight of the U.S. reconstruction effort in Iraq.

Fact: SIGIR ( The Special Inspector General of Iraqi Reconstruction ) has done extensive investigations into corruption within Iraq since 2004, SIGIR’s investigative work has resulted in 24 arrests, 31 indictments, 24 convictions, and nearly $50 million in fines, forfeitures, and recoveries. This quarter, several ongoing joint investigations yielded successful results and Maliki has NEVER been implicated in ANY of the corruption and theft within Iraq! EVER!

As a matter of fact Maliki has been PRAISED by the office SIGIR for his work and efforts to combat government and contractor theft and corruption!

And THAT..is the truth!

Here you go.

100% proof.

Not hear say...not political mud slinging...not BS...real factual information.

You will see that the Prime Minister of Iraq (Malaki) is not only NOT singled out for corruption but was commended for his fight against government coruption!

Full report: http://www.sigir.mil/embargo/audits/10-020.pdf

SIGIR http://www.sigir.mil/index.html

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 8

You have been lied to and used to spread false information by political factions within Iraq who are spreading disinformation.

If you think ANY of that is true then post one single link from one single CREDIBLE news source.

You will not be able to.

Why?

How about

The SIGIR

SIGIR:The Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, they frequently provide testimony before U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate committees on SIGIR's oversight of the U.S. reconstruction effort in Iraq.

Fact: SIGIR ( The Special Inspector General of Iraqi Reconstruction ) has done extensive investigations into corruption within Iraq since 2004, SIGIR’s investigative work has resulted in 24 arrests, 31 indictments, 24 convictions, and nearly $50 million in fines, forfeitures, and recoveries. This quarter, several ongoing joint investigations yielded successful results and Maliki has NEVER been implicated in ANY of the corruption and theft within Iraq! EVER!

As a matter of fact Maliki has been PRAISED by the office SIGIR for his work and efforts to combat government and contractor theft and corruption!

And THAT..is the truth!

Here you go.

100% proof.

You will see that the Prime Minister of Iraq (Malaki) is not only NOT singled out for corruption but was commended for his fight against government coruption!

Phoenix

OMG! Don't you just love this guy? :D

• Upvote 5

You will not be able to.

Why?

How about

The SIGIR

And THAT..is the truth!

Here you go.

100% proof.

Phoenix

Better link to all audit reports for Iraq: http://www.sigir.mil/directorates/audits/auditReports.html

• Upvote 4

I agree, further more Maliki blames our troops and contractors and I think this may hold possible truths I also think this is a diversion on Maliki's part. Placing blame, I do not believe this is over and think that the US will do all in its power to see Maliki does not get it. Not saying he won't but that in conjunction with Allawi having ties with the US I just think there is a strong potential for him not to get it.

I posted it here.

Washington, United States of America (CNN) - response of the Office of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, to the criticism that the arts because of the information disseminated through leaked documents site "wiki Lakes," describing what has been said about the role of Iraqi security operations to kill civilians as "puppets and bubbles media, "and accused the site in coordination with the media exploit the information to crack down on it. He said al-Maliki that the media has published some documents," of course selective, "and added that it is divided into two parts," speaks first for the actions of the U.S. military and security companies affiliated to the U.S. in Iraq, a section which must be taken into account for its view of the U.S. military, which can be described as confessions on the work done by some of its units or subsidiaries or security companies like Blackwater. "

He said a statement from Maliki's office that these issues was the reason to criticize the Iraqi government to the rules of engagement applied by the U.S. military, which "has reached the point of a crisis between the two sides."

The statement that the second section which deals with parties to non-American "does not enter in the circle of recognition, but can be considered sometimes accusations must be viewed with caution and referred to the investigation," he said, adding that the Iraqi government "will take these documents into consideration to see through the investigation of the extent of conformity to the truth to be the follow-up so legally. "

The statement that "the uproar that led some of the media authorities under the cover of the documents mentioned against the parties and leaders of national and especially the Prime Minister raised the style and timing of more than a question mark," returned and stressed the "Confirm confidence consciously citizen perception vision for these games and bubbles of information that stand behind them political objectives are known not to deceive our people. "

The statement spoke of "collusion" between the site and wiki Lakes "and the points of media campaigning on the Iraqi government.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38178-washington-response-to-maliki-wikileaks/page__p__238623__fromsearch__1entry238623#ixzz13lTJYY9C

Excellent post War Eagle, my hat is off to you! Not mentioned is Malikis involvement with the Sadrists and Iranians. IMO this guy could possibly ruin everything that our countrymen went over there to fight for....INCLUDING DEMOCRACY!!! People need to keep in mind that 4,000+ American soldiers gave their lives over there to promote democracy, not to mention the countless others that will carry battle scars with them for the rest of their lives. For me, this war is NOT about a flippin RV, it's about freedom, a life of liberty and justice for all. That concludes my rant....

• Upvote 1

Excellent post War Eagle, my hat is off to you! Not mentioned is Malikis involvement with the Sadrists and Iranians. IMO this guy could possibly ruin everything that our countrymen went over there to fight for....INCLUDING DEMOCRACY!!! People need to keep in mind that 4,000+ American soldiers gave their lives over there to promote democracy, not to mention the countless others that will carry battle scars with them for the rest of their lives. For me, this war is NOT about a flippin RV, it's about freedom, a life of liberty and justice for all. That concludes my rant....

And his time in Syria when he fled from Iraq

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4932468.stm

Profile on Allawi, showing British trained with ties to MI6 and the CIA, former baath party and fallout with Sadam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3757923.stm

• Upvote 1

Phoenix, so I've heard that the last UN Operational exchange day is Nov. 1st. Does that mean that if they don't "pull the trigger" by then, they stand a weak chance of RVing this year? I know that currency revalues have happened in history on other days than the 1st and 15th, but could that happen this year?

Thanks in advance, as I'm sure there are others wondering this too.

Know Moral Eyes

And his time in Syria when he fled from Iraq

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4932468.stm

Profile on Allawi, showing British trained with ties to MI6 and the CIA, former baath party and fallout with Sadam.

Iyad Allawi ~ 'Saddam without a moustache' ... BBC News Profile ...

"His tenure was marked by allegations of widespread corruption, collaboration with the US, and a hardline stance on security - the last attribute led some Iraqis to nickname him "Saddam without a moustache"

Saturday, 27 March 2010 BBC News

Profile: Iyad Allawi

*Born 1945 to leading Shia family

*Trained in UK as a neurologist

*Former Baathist; exiled after falling out with Saddam Hussein

*Survived an assassination attempt in 1978 while living in London

*Co-founded Iraqi National Accord in 1991 after invasion of Kuwait

*Backed failed 1996 attempt by Iraq army officers to oust Saddam

*Became member of post-invasion Iraqi Governing Council in 2003

*Appointed prime minister of Iraq's transitional government in 2004

*Iraqi National List third in 2005 parliamentary election

Iyad Allawi went into exile in the 1970s after falling foul of Saddam Hussein.

Iyad Allawi was denounced by many Iraqis as an American puppet when he stepped down as prime minister five years ago.

But the British-trained neurosurgeon has again become a leading contender for the job after his Iraqiya bloc's narrow victory in March's parliamentary election.

Barring a successful challenge by Prime Minister Nouri Maliki's State of Law alliance, Mr Allawi will be given the opportunity to form a coalition government, paving the way for weeks of political wrangling.

A secular Shia, he has promised that Iraqiya "will open its heart to all political forces and all those who want to build Iraq".

Axe attack

Mr Allawi is well-connected in Washington and London, has extensive business interests, and has close relations with Saudi Arabia.

Born in 1945 to a prominent Shia Muslim merchant family, Mr Allawi joined the now banned Arab nationalist Baath Party as a young man.

But he fell out with Saddam Hussein in the early 1970s after the party came to power and was forced to go into exile in the UK, where he completed his medical training.

He was badly wounded in an assassination attempt while living in Kingston-upon-Thames in 1978, believed to have been ordered by Saddam.

The assailant attacked Mr Allawi in his bedroom with an axe, nearly severing his right leg and inflicting a deep wound in his chest.

Mr Allawi spent a year in hospital recovering from his injuries, after which he began to organise a network of opposition to Iraq's future president.

In the 1980s he travelled extensively in the Middle East, holding meetings with other exiles, and cultivating links with rebel army officers still in Iraq.

After Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990, Mr Allawi co-founded the Iraqi National Accord (INA), which became known for attracting disillusioned former Baathists, and for its close links with Western intelligence agencies.

With the backing of MI6 and the CIA, the group supported the idea of fostering a coup from within the Iraqi army to overthrow Saddam. But its attempts ended disastrously, most notably in 1996.

The defection to Jordan the previous year of the Saddam's son-in-law, Hussein Kamil al-Majid, encouraged the INA and the CIA to believe that the president was losing his grip on power.

But the coup was foiled when Iraqi intelligence agents penetrated the INA's dissident operations inside Iraq. In June 1996, 30 military officers linked to the INA were executed and another 100 arrested.

'Saddam without a moustache'

In the aftermath of the invasion in 2003, Mr Allawi returned to Iraq and became a member of the US-appointed Iraqi Governing Council .

During that time, he focused on running the IGC's security committee, which was responsible for reforming the army, police and intelligence services. He opposed the purging of members of Baath party from government positions.

In June 2004, Mr Allawi was provisionally appointed Iraqi prime minister by Washington and led a transitional government for just under a year.

His tenure was marked by allegations of widespread corruption, collaboration with the US, and a hardline stance on security - the last attribute led some Iraqis to nickname him "Saddam without a moustache".

Mr Allawi supported the controversial US offensives to regain control of the predominantly Sunni Arab city of Fallujah in 2004, and against the Mahdi Army of the radical Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr in Najaf.

He also did little to dispel a rumour that he personally shot dead several suspected insurgents at a police station in Baghdad in 2004.

Mr Allawi's government could do little, however, to prevent Iraq sliding into sectarian conflict, and his secular Iraqi National List alliance fared poorly in the parliamentary election of 2005, coming a distant third to the Shia-led United Iraqi Alliance.

Despite winning election to the newly formed Council of Representatives in the second poll that year, he spent most of the subsequent years out of Iraq.

Then in 2009, Mr Allawi launched al-Iraqiya (Iraqi National Movement), a nationalist alliance which includes Iraqi Vice-President Tariq al-Hashemi, a Sunni Arab, and Sunni politician Saleh al-Mutlaq.

While all of the major coalitions spoke of "national unity" ahead of the 7 March election, Iraqiya had a more consistent anti-sectarian perspective than most of their rivals and received many votes from disaffected Sunnis and Shias across Iraq.

Iraq's Allawi Connected to C.I.A.

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/05/did-you-know-iraqs-allawi-connected-to.html

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 4