Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Things are beginning to move...if it hasn't already...

cbs71

Word has it that the dinar is now considered world currency where it wasn't before, the upcoming TV program about possibly deleting the zeroes AND parliament saying that a deal has been struck and will be announced any day now, signals to me that things may be rolling along.

This is exciting stuff...and I am getting anxious!

Time to RV this sucka!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Word has it that the dinar is now considered world currency where it wasn't before, the upcoming TV program about possibly deleting the zeroes AND parliament saying that a deal has been struck and will be announced any day now, signals to me that things may be rolling along.

Time to RV this sucka!!!

:woot:

• Upvote 1

I agree. I find it interesting that they are going to hold a tv show showing how the new worthless dinar is going to work. I figure that they would rv it then explain to the Iraqi people this is how it is going to work and here is your new value. So, if it is Friday and the tv show opens up and says it's worth dollar for dollar and then the markets open Monday morning and push it up I guess that is how we will work it??????? Also, anyone know what channel its on and can we get it on satellite????!?

• Upvote 1

I agree. I find it interesting that they are going to hold a tv show showing how the new worthless dinar is going to work. I figure that they would rv it then explain to the Iraqi people this is how it is going to work and here is your new value. So, if it is Friday and the tv show opens up and says it's worth dollar for dollar and then the markets open Monday morning and push it up I guess that is how we will work it??????? Also, anyone know what channel its on and can we get it on satellite????!?

Good point. What a way to kick off the NEW dinar by explaining it to their people. It just makes sense. I mean, how would we react if new currency was being introduced to us here? Now, about the channel and so forth..I have no clue, but I will have to dig a little to see what I can find out...

Time to RV this sucka!!!

WORD HAS IT. WOW!!!!! NOW LETS SEE WHERE DID I HEAR THAT BEFORE.... :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 17

iraqis must understand BEFORE the rv not after. use your common sense <_<

Karen, please enlighten us. Why before and not after???? It should be as simple in explanation of value as, today you get a oyota corolla, tomorrow Lexus".

Just curious as to your thoughts on why before. The value should continueto rise as speculators and hedge funds will be buying this thing at the open like gang busters". Just curious not trying to cause any trouble

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The idea that they (Iraq) are televising lessons on the new currency prior to the RV makes a lot of sense. Especially if they are going to announce the RV simultaneously. This would provide time for businesses there to reprice their goods and services. It would seem much more of a blessing for the Iraqi people than merely being told they have to exchange their bills. Whatever, I'm just praying it gets done.

God bless all our brave men and women serving our country and all those that have served.

REP

VietNam 1968-1969

Edited by prayin4peace
  • Upvote 2

Time to RV this sucka!!!

The dinar went from an exotic currency to a world currency over 3 weeks ago.

I personally find it very odd, they would do this before?? Im not sure Karen understands how dangerous speculation is to this. Us investor on these forums are nothing compared to the mountains that can be moved on wall street and in other country's. Sorry we are no one in the big picture.

There are several scenario's that could go down.... so we wait.... How will the story be written???????

I personally find it very odd, they would do this before?? Im not sure Karen understands how dangerous speculation is to this. Us investor on these forums are nothing compared to the mountains that can be moved on wall street and in other country's. Sorry we are no one in the big picture.

There are several scenario's that could go down.... so we wait.... How will the story be written???????

How? In my case, green ink and brown earth. ;) YA BUDDY! B)

The idea that they (Iraq) are televising lessons on the new currency prior to the RV makes a lot of sense. Especially if they are going to announce the RV simultaneously. This would provide time for businesses there to reprice their goods and services. It would seem much more of a blessing for the Iraqi people than merely being told they have to exchange their bills. Whatever, I'm just praying it gets done.

God bless all our brave men and women serving our country and all those that have served.

REP

VietNam 1968-1969

If you were to read Phoenix's post yesterday then you will find out that there will be no need for merchants to reprice their goods and services. Iraqis will recieve the same VALUE IN US DOLLARS of Dinar PER MONTH. So, if a can of coke is 1 USD and before the RV Iraqi ctizens recieved 1,000,000. Iraqi Dinar per month worth 1,000. USD then that coke costs 10,000. Dinar.If the RV is 1Dinar=1USD After the RV they will get 1,000 Dinar worth 1,000. USD. So, that same can of coke will cost 1 Dinar. If the RV is 3.00 US dollars to 1 Dinar then ciizens of Iraq that recieved the equivilent of 1,000 USD in Dinar each month will now recieve only 333.33 Dinar per month. So, the same can of coke now only costs them .33 Dinar. This is how I understood how it will work. Hope this helps.GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I just noticed last night that one of my channels on Directv carries Aljazeera news. I wonder if they could carry the broadcast?

Ok. Great. Could you maybe tell us the channel #? That would help those of us with DirecTV. I called them and the rep said she couldn't find anything regarding Aljarzeera.

Thanks.

BMWman

Time to RV this sucka!!!

:twothumbs:

Time to RV this sucka!!!

I've seen this mentioned in several places and could not understand the significance. So I did a very simple Google search to try and learn more. This is what I found....

The Iraqi Dinar has been acknowledged as a world currency since at least 1971 - if not before. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/currency-reform.htm

There are currently 182 currencies that are considered world currencies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circulating_currencies

Exotic currencies are all the world currencies that are not considered majors. Major currencies are the GBP, EUR, CHF, USD, JPY, CAD and AUD. Everything else is exotic. Mexico, France, Brazil, Iraq, Denmark, New Zealand, etc.

Many forex sites have lists of exotics that are more commonly traded in their markets. Several of those sites recently updated their websites and adjusted their exotic lists to reflect their more commonly traded ones. Those not commonly traded were moved to the world currency list on their website. Since the IQD is not a tradeable exotic yet, removing it from the list of traded exotics was like taking it off their active rosters.

I am very puzzled why there seems to be significance in it being moved from one list to a less important one. It's been recognized as a world currency for many decades. Why does removing an exotic currency from an exotic currency list and placing it on a world currency list support the RV? The Iraqi Dinar already IS a world currency and has been for very long time and it also already IS an exotic currency as are most currencies in the world. I keep seeing reference to this and and am totally puzzled. I have traded forex and have also studied several exotics for trade. When one is removed, it is simply because there is no volume for it and the exotic list is usually kept for those currencies that have active volume.

As a newbie, I hope I don't get beaten up for asking about this....

If you were to read Phoenix's post yesterday then you will find out that there will be no need for merchants to reprice their goods and services. Iraqis will recieve the same VALUE IN US DOLLARS of Dinar PER MONTH. So, if a can of coke is 1 USD and before the RV Iraqi ctizens recieved 1,000,000. Iraqi Dinar per month worth 1,000. USD then that coke costs 10,000. Dinar.If the RV is 1Dinar=1USD After the RV they will get 1,000 Dinar worth 1,000. USD. So, that same can of coke will cost 1 Dinar. If the RV is 3.00 US dollars to 1 Dinar then ciizens of Iraq that recieved the equivilent of 1,000 USD in Dinar each month will now recieve only 333.33 Dinar per month. So, the same can of coke now only costs them .33 Dinar. This is how I understood how it will work. Hope this helps.GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do shopkeepers in Iraq put their price stickers in US dollars or Iraqi dinars? If their stickers are in US dollars, then no need to reprice. If in dinars, they'll need new stickers. I haven't been there so I'm just asking.

Do shopkeepers in Iraq put their price stickers in US dollars or Iraqi dinars? If their stickers are in US dollars, then no need to reprice. If in dinars, they'll need new stickers. I haven't been there so I'm just asking.

I have seen it done both ways, but either way you can haggle yourself a better deal in most cases

pp

I have seen it done both ways, but either way you can haggle yourself a better deal in most cases

pp

Thanks for your reply, pokerplayer. I can't imagine working in two currencies. It's hard enough when traveling, but to live with it every day. I guess they must have better math skills than me.