Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reports: Gulf countries obstruct Pentagon air strikes in Iraq and Syria - 2/18/2024

Reports: Gulf countries obstruct Pentagon air strikes in Iraq and Syria

Reports: Gulf countries obstruct Pentagon air strikes in Iraq and Syria

2024-02-17 // 23:43
Shafaq News 

The Russian newspaper "Nezavisimaya Gazeta" reported that "Arab allies" are obstructing Pentagon air strikes targeting "pro-Iranian" armed groups in Iraq and Syria.

The newspaper said, in a report titled, “The Arab Gulf states do not want to become enemies of Iran,” adding that “the Arab countries are trying to curb Washington’s operations against pro-Iranian groups in the Middle East.”

The Russian newspaper cited a report by the American newspaper Politico, when it said that “several Arab countries prevent American aircraft from taking off from their bases.” 

The American newspaper's sources said that the players who are "trying to defuse tensions with Iran are increasingly restricting" the launching of raids by the United States and its partners against Shiite groups in Iraq and Syria, and against the Houthi Ansar Allah movement in Yemen.

The official quoted by the newspaper confirms that the Americans face difficulties in reaching their bases and in freedom of air movement. 

Politico lists the United Arab Emirates as a “rejectionist.” It is not known who joined it, but they are most likely talking about Qatar and Kuwait.

Regarding this, international relations expert Vladimir Frolov told the newspaper “Nezavisimaya Gazeta” that the problem with the Arab opposition is not very acute yet. He added: "The concerns of the allies are understandable: the Houthis do not listen to anyone. The Iraqis, too, do not want problems with Iran's "agents" who have many matters in their hands there. But if the attacks on American bases and the trade movement in the Red Sea continue and escalate, Washington will have no choice. “The Americans do not intend to reduce their presence in Iraq and Syria.”

Frolov pointed to a column written by the former commander of US Central Command, Kenneth McKenzie, recently published in the New York Times, in which he says that Americans should not leave the Middle East.

He added, "Of course, the warning is unpleasant for the Americans, but Saudi Arabia, Qatar, or the UAE have no place to seek protection from Iran's 'agents'." "It is unlikely that Moscow or Beijing will be able to help here."

https://www.shafaq.com/ar/عربي-ودولي/تقارير-دول-خليجية-تعرقل-غارات-البنتاغون-الجوية-في-العراق-وسوريا

• Upvote 4

“The Arab Gulf states do not want to become enemies of Iran,” adding that “the Arab countries are trying to curb Washington’s operations against pro-Iranian groups in the Middle East.”

Yep. With a feckless and totally inept State Department, sanctions that are as effective as a macrame face mask, a White House that can't find a way to keep the CIC from tripping up and down stairs or simply READING a teleprompter, we are the laughingstock of the world. We're stretched beyond our military capabilities with troops on every continent and insufficient supply chains to be an effective threat. So, yes, if I was a ME leader I definitely would be hedging my bets and trying my best to not get on Iran's sh!t list. With another President running things, situations would be far different. All the bile the left spewed about Trump starting WWIII is now close to reality with the Dupe from Delaware at the helm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 5

This unusual for a captain SP to be working the flight line! Something strange is happening! This article makes sense, in the fact, we are short on troops! SP captains, don't normally wear fatigues and work the flight line! Where ever base this is, they are short on Sr NCO's and Airmen! Its concerning in my opinion! I hate to say it but I wouldn't advise anyone to enlist in any branch of service as long as the Obiden regime is in control! These demorats will hang you out to dry, and get you killed! They are very stupid plus have no plan! JMHO 🤠 

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 7

13 hours ago, Artitech said:

This unusual for a captain SP to be working the flight line! Something strange is happening! This article makes sense, in the fact, we are short on troops! SP captains, don't normally wear fatigues and work the flight line! Where ever base this is, they are short on Sr NCO's and Airmen! Its concerning in my opinion! I hate to say it but I wouldn't advise anyone to enlist in any branch of service as long as the Obiden regime is in control! These demorats will hang you out to dry, and get you killed! They are very stupid plus have no plan! JMHO 🤠 

This photo is at least 13-15 years old….

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fimum said:

“The Arab Gulf states do not want to become enemies of Iran,” adding that “the Arab countries are trying to curb Washington’s operations against pro-Iranian groups in the Middle East.”

Yep. With a feckless and totally inept State Department, sanctions that are as effective as a macrame face mask, a White House that can't find a way to keep the CIC from tripping up and down stairs or simply READING a teleprompter, we are the laughingstock of the world. We're stretched beyond our military capabilities with troops on every continent and insufficient supply chains to be an effective threat. So, yes, if I was a ME leader I definitely would be hedging my bets and trying my best to not get on Iran's sh!t list. With another President running things, situations would be far different. All the bile the left spewed about Trump starting WWIII is now close to reality with the Dupe from Delaware at the helm. 

Sounds like their leaders are as stupid and spineless as Brandon!

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3