Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

14 Denominations printed? Proof???

keepmwlknfny

Don't forget they added the 25,000 later , so we have 7 in circulation now , plus two coins out of circulation to speak of also, cuz cbi does list them! Food for thought

Actually I think they added the 50 in 2004. I don't have the link up anymore. Still that is 7 denoms. Where are the others? No proof as yet.

Adam said his contact has seen them.

Go RV now now.

Cmon , someone shake that 8ball harder and see what it says lol I`m so confused ( Kidding ) but I gotta tell ya the thing with the nominations seem to be starting all over again . I thought this Maliki guy was gone and the big favorite was Allawi , now this guy comes along ( Mulibi or whatever ) I still say that Maliki is the man you will see in power and THAT is what is holding this up . In all my reading and research Maliki seems to be the man that the Americans want and we know they are not going to let someone in that is not Pro American , do you . IMHO Maliki is the man , now just to get everyone on board with the idea is a different story . IMO this is what they have been arguing about behind closed doors and now Maliki has been told " Poop or get off the pot " now he`s pulling a Freddy Sanford to delay things more IMHO GO RI :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Real pain eh , Blah Blah Blah . You never know who to believe anymore it seems . I know I`m new but I`m only new to this Site not the investment so you don~t realize my frustration with these FREAKIN idiots . GO RI :)

OK I`ll ask , who`s picture was on them LOLOLOL GO RI :)

This is a HOOT , -12 on this post of mine lol really and the reasoning would be ? Guess some people don`t like me lol I`m telling my mom now guys lol Wowee entertaining at least . This is almost as bad as Facebook . GO RI :) Still smiling :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is a HOOT , -12 on this post of mine lol really and the reasoning would be ? Guess some people don`t like me lol I`m telling my mom now guys lol Wowee entertaining at least . This is almost as bad as Facebook . GO RI :) Still smiling :)

There are seven printed that I'm aware of. You can click on the following link to view them: CLICK HERE

• Upvote 1

Listen, I believe if Iraq is to Rv it will drop the 3 zero

Example in 1993 Mexico defaulted in its External Debt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_peso

"the Bank of Mexico introduced a new currency, the nuevo peso ("new peso", or MXN), written "N$" followed by the numerical amount. One new peso, or N$1.00, was equal to 1000 of the obsolete MXP pesos."

Maybe thats whats gonna happen with the new re domination of the Dinar .86

Im sure Iraq has Debt , RV low to start then gradually go up .

Edited by bears85

Sat Feb 27, 2010

Iraqi Dinar Revaluation and New Denominations

Recently there has been many discussions about the current news in Iraq in regards to the increase of its currency value and the introduction of new denominations into the Iraqi economy that is scheduled to be brought into action sometime during 2010.

The Iraq Finance Minister issued a statement disclosing preparation of increasing the value of the Dinar against the U.S. Dollar and will in fact issue ¼, 1/2, 1, 5, 10, 25 and possibly even 1/10 or 1/20 Dinar banknotes and/or coins.

Also claims have been reported that favorable fiscal policies sought after in Iraq have contributed to the increase of the value of the Dinar against the U.S. Dollar, pointing out that the Dollar had dropped a great deal in value just over the past year and yet in another press release it has been said that the bank is indeed with great attention keeping track of the low demand of the U.S. Dollar in the Iraq markets of currency exchange.

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/02/iraqi-dinar-revaluation-and-new.html

Now this is an earlier article from this year, if you'll note, it says ISSUE not print new denominations. What does that say to you? I know what it says to me. CBI still shows the coins on the website but they were pulled from circulation, which could very well show that they did in fact have other currencies already in place/printed. By the way the 500IQD was what was printed in 2004.

Now if you read this article, maybe you can ask this individual where he got it from??

From another site’s – Phoenix – Explanation Of Events

http://dinarded.wordpress.com/2010/02/14/from-dinar-daddys-phoenix-explanation-of-events/

Phoenix explanation of events

from DD site….

I do not frequent any of the listed dinar forums and it is nice to be able to see all of the “tid bits” in one place.

Here is something I shared with someone this am who was having doubts and I thought it would be good to share with all as a reminder.

Sometimes we need to take a glance back to see just from where we have come to know full well were we now stand.

Here is a refresher.

Iraqi is under chapter 7 UN sanctions and as we all know we may see the removal or modification of Chapter 7 sanctions this Tuesday the 16th as the UNSC meets on this very issue.

Chapter 7 is the 7th chapter of the UN charter which places nations under strong international economic

sanctions.

Iraq has been under UN Chapter 7 sanctions from 1991 until present.

They were placed under these sanctions right after the invasion of Kuwait.

It was under the authority of Chapter 7 sanctions that the UN/IMF/World Bank came into Iraq and took over the Central bank and the currency of Iraq.

When they did this they deemed all Iraqi Saddam Dinars void and issued the New Iraqi Dinar that we now hold.

This company DelaRue printed 9 Trillion IQD and they introduced this in October of 2003 and gave the Iraqis 3 months to exchange the old for the new.

A total of 4.5 trillion was exchanged and went into circulation and the rest was placed into protective storage.

When the new IQD was printed there were 14 denominations printed but only 9 have been issued to date and it is speculated the lower denominations that were not released are the ones that are about to go into circulation now as they remove the larger “zero notes”

It is speculated that the 5 missing denominations that we are about to see are the 25 dinar the 10 dinar the 5 dinar the 1 dinar and the 1/2 dinar notes.

When they did this change of currency they also devalued the currency to near worthless.

This massive devaluation was done for specific reasons.

Reason 1 was to prevent and hinder the resistance from having the funding to fight the US and British forces.

And the second reason was to prevent or reduce the pending humanitarian disaster that would have been caused by a flood of refugees into surrounding nations.

So by doing this massive over night devaluation they effectively froze/removed the personal monetary assets of all Iraqis.

Now it is under this same authority of the UN Chapter 7 and the sweeping powers it gives the international community over Iraqi assets that the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar will happen and this also provides the legal bases of same.

So all that we will be seeing when the revaluation takes place is the return of the assets which were removed from the nation of Iraq and its people.

It is not like the nation of Iraq will be getting something out of no where…it is just that what was taken from the people and the nation of Iraq will be returned and even then only a fraction of what they once had.

So the reality of the situation is that after all is said and done the nation of Iraq after coming out of near 20 years of economic sanctions and after the return of the assets and wealth to the people and nation of Iraq the value of the Iraqi Dinar even AFTER the revaluation will be a fraction of what it was pre UN sanctions.

As it should be.

So what we are seeing now with all of the confusing articles on the removal of zeros is to be expected.

My analysis of all of the “removal of zero” articles is the following:

1. They are about to revalue the Iraqi Dinar to at or just above $1.00.

2. They at the same time will place into circulation the lower denominations, 25,10,5,1, and 1/2 dinar notes.

3. They will then give a set time for the removal of the “3 zero notes” (large denominations) and that deadline may be the end of 2010.

Now I have always thought we would see the removal of Chapter 7 sanctions at or near the same time as the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar and as stated before we see that they have set this Tuesday the 16th for the meeting on this very subject.

So that is it…we see Iraq moving forward with the free and open democratic elections and we have the UNSC meeting this very week on the removal of Chapter 7 sanctions so all in all things are looking great.

So I just thought I would share this refresher with all on just where we have come from in an effort to clarify just where we now stand.

• Upvote 8

Well here goes my 2 cents worth here is 7 Denoms printed now:

http://www.niqdinar.com/

and here is 7 more that were mentioned in ChiefV's article:

The Iraq Finance Minister issued a statement disclosing preparation of increasing the value of the Dinar against the U.S. Dollar and will in fact issue ¼, 1/2, 1, 5, 10, 25 and possibly even 1/10 or 1/20 Dinar banknotes and/or coins.

That makes 14 right??

Also claims have been reported that favorable fiscal policies sought after in Iraq have contributed to the increase of the value of the Dinar against the U.S. Dollar, pointing out that the Dollar had dropped a great deal in value just over the past year and yet in another press release it has been said that the bank is indeed with great attention keeping track of the low demand of the U.S. Dollar in the Iraq markets of currency exchange.

http://articlesofint...on-and-new.html

Read more:

If you click on the articles link to actually see if this came from the Iraq Finance Minister it was removed from that newsvine site....hey just saying.... so basically now your just taking someones word for it.

Here is the link but it takes you to nowhere.... sorry to be downer.. im just looking for actual REAL proof just like everyone else. GO IRAQ GO RV/RI

article link ~

http://ezonez.newsvine.com/_news/2010/02/27/3958215-iraqi-dinar-revaluation-and-new-denominations

Edited by BIGCG

I find it quite hilarious that some people think that the printing of the new currency is being held up because they don't know whos picture is going to be on it! The Iraqi people would reject any politician's image on their currency! It would remind them of Saddam!

• Upvote 2

Folks; You can google Gen.Hugh Tant and get all the information you need.He was the person in charge of getting the new dinars printed,and distributed in Iraq.Ther were 9 Billion dollars of currency printed at the rate of 2,000-1,or 18 trillion dinars.Of this only 9 trillion was released.This article will tell you that 14 denominations were printed.You have to really search to get all the info.No,I do not have the links.Do due diligence,and find everything on your own.

• Upvote 4

Here fill this post up with some negative signs . So funny . GO RI :) Power Corrupts even the SMALLEST of minds lololol GO RI :)

Here`s another for your power hungry minds . LOLOL GO RI :)

maybe you should just remove that big chip on your shoulder, and try to get along with everyone...you will find it to be easy and less stressful...you seem very angry...take some deep breaths and relax

Dave

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Since we are all on the subject of currency and there being possibly a whole new currency altogether I must ask......Is there anyone that can show proof that De La Rue printed 14 denominations of the New Iraqi Dinar? There has ALWAYS been just TALK and people saying its fact but no proof for what I have seen my entire time researching and looking up info.....someone stated there was an article put out years ago that stated 14 were printed but I have yet to find it......I dont need more hearsay cause that gets us no where in this investment and just leaves people more confused......anyone have a link to this famed article stating the 14 denominations of the New Iraqi Dinar? As always........STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!!

Current banknotes

2003 Series

Image Value Main Color Description

Obverse Reverse Obverse Reverse

50 dinars 50 dinars 50 dinars Purple Grain silos at Basra Date palms

250 Iraqi dinar front.jpg 250 Iraqi dinar back.jpg 250 dinars Blue An astrolabe Spiral minaret of the Great Mosque of Samarra

500 Iraqi Dinar front.jpg 500 Iraqi Dinar back.jpg 500 dinars Bluish-Green Dûkan Dam on the Al Zab river Assyrian carving of a winged bull

1000 Iraqi Dinar front.jpg Iraq dinar front.jpg 1,000 dinars Brown A gold dinar coin Mustansiriya School , Baghdad

5000 Iraqi dinar front.jpg 5000 Iraqi dinar back.jpg 5,000 dinars Dark blue Gelî Ali Beg and its waterfall Desert fortress at Al-Ukhether

10000 dinars 10000 Iraqi Dinar back.jpg 10,000 dinars Green Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham Hadba Minaret at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul

25000 Iraqi dinar front.jpg Iraq Dinar 25000 front.jpg 25,000 dinars Red A Kurdish farmer holding a sheaf of wheat Carving of the Code of King Hammurabi

Not sure if this helps. I have not yet seen anything backing 14 notes. I used this link from De-la-rue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

Current banknotes

2003 Series

Image Value Main Color Description

Obverse Reverse Obverse Reverse

50 dinars 50 dinars 50 dinars Purple Grain silos at Basra Date palms

250 Iraqi dinar front.jpg 250 Iraqi dinar back.jpg 250 dinars Blue An astrolabe Spiral minaret of the Great Mosque of Samarra

500 Iraqi Dinar front.jpg 500 Iraqi Dinar back.jpg 500 dinars Bluish-Green Dûkan Dam on the Al Zab river Assyrian carving of a winged bull

1000 Iraqi Dinar front.jpg Iraq dinar front.jpg 1,000 dinars Brown A gold dinar coin Mustansiriya School , Baghdad

5000 Iraqi dinar front.jpg 5000 Iraqi dinar back.jpg 5,000 dinars Dark blue Gelî Ali Beg and its waterfall Desert fortress at Al-Ukhether

10000 dinars 10000 Iraqi Dinar back.jpg 10,000 dinars Green Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham Hadba Minaret at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul

25000 Iraqi dinar front.jpg Iraq Dinar 25000 front.jpg 25,000 dinars Red A Kurdish farmer holding a sheaf of wheat Carving of the Code of King Hammurabi

Not sure if this helps. . I used this link from De-la-rue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

Folks; You can google Gen.Hugh Tant and get all the information you need.He was the person in charge of getting the new dinars printed,and distributed in Iraq.Ther were 9 Billion dollars of currency printed at the rate of 2,000-1,or 18 trillion dinars.Of this only 9 trillion was released.This article will tell you that 14 denominations were printed.You have to really search to get all the info.No,I do not have the links.Do due diligence,and find everything on your own.

Please do share where you read HE said there was 14 denoms printed........ http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ask/20031120.html you all can read this interview with the General himself and he only mentions 6 denominations being printed....Ive been looking all over the web under his name for something about him telling us there are 14 denoms printed with no avail......so what have we learned today class??? That so far we have NO proof of 14 denoms being printed in the first place.....so where does that lead us today and at this point?? It would seem that these articles that are speaking of "new currency" could mean ANYTHING at this point......could very well mean they are coming out with a whole new currency and redenominating leaving us forced to exchange.....who knows?? It could still mean just lower denoms being released but guess what? NO ONE has proof they even exist....its only been hearsay......and of course last but not least....at least to this point we can confirm that there HAS NOT been 14 denominations printed to begin with like sooooo many people throw out there like its a proven fact with NOTHING to back that up which leaves them issuing a NEW currency still up in the air.....I challenge ALL of us here at DV to keep looking for the answer to this post so that we can move on with confidence in our investment........STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

TANT: Now, with the new dinar, we have six denominations for the people. I understand

that they're going to reestablish some coinage and perhaps two additional denominations,

giving them a total of eight denominations plus coinage to continue progressing the

currency situation.

But, of course, my team and I, we dealt in the six new denominations.

Link: Gen. Hugh Tant/Currency Pg. 6

Pgs.13 & 14

TANT: But all the other articles, and there were a lot of feedback-type articles from the

people, were glad about the new currency. So it was a wonderful thing. Now, some of

them wanted additional denominations, and my understanding here recently is that

Central Bank of Iraq is proceeding with achieving additional denominations. So they're

going to end up with something like eight denominations. There is also the coinage, and

that will be very helpful to people.

Q: Who's going to be printing this in the future? Are there are efforts underway to create

an indigenous printing capacity, or is that going to continue to be farmed out?

TANT: I don’t know for certain. We talked about that when I was over there, but they

did not yet have the capability to do it. I believe they're going to continue to use De La

Rue, at least in the near term. That's not to say that they wouldn't, in the future, develop

their own capability to print their own currency. But I don't know if that's going to

happen anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Keep! Good discussion.

I have been wondering where proof of this is as well. And no, quoting someone elses opinion, statement, or blog does not constitute proof.

However I wanted to bring up something of interest that was discussed at the end of last year (when the CBI website updated to its new look) was the interesting html code on the banknotes page.

Knowing a few IT guys myself, its true these guys try to build in code for future use, never wanting to redo an entire page of html when a little foresight would have prevented it.

So check it out. Go to the CBI website, click on "banknotes and coins" then right click and select "view page source" to check out the html coding.

Somewhere around lines 167 to 212 of the html code shows blanks for what looks like six more currency denominations.

Proof of lower denoms?? NOPE!

But you gotta wonder why the code is there..............

Staying thirsty my friend :D

• Upvote 2

Here is an Inter view with Tant that has few good points I have quoted a few below.

Now, with the new dinar, we have six denominations for the people. I understand

that they're going to reestablish some coinage and perhaps two additional denominations,

giving them a total of eight denominations plus coinage to continue progressing the

currency situation

So this is saying eight bills and coins.

We contacted a British company called De La Rue. This

company was almost 200 years old and had produced currency for over 150 nations.

They were the masters in anti-counterfeiting techniques and using high-quality paper.

The cost to produce the currency was approximately six cents per note, which allowed for

a very high-quality paper.

So the cost of printing the money is more than it is worth in the 50 dinar case

50.00 IQD = 0.0426785 USD

Iraq Dinars United States Dollars

1 IQD = 0.000853570 USD 1 USD = 1,171.55 IQD

So it was a wonderful thing. Now, some of

them wanted additional denominations, and my understanding here recently is that

Central Bank of Iraq is proceeding with achieving additional denominations. So they're

going to end up with something like eight denominations. There is also the coinage, and

that will be very helpful to people.

Now this is interesting, it took me a few reads to really understand it. There is a 14 thrown into the midddle of this sentence. On this intereview it was copied from a file with page numbers and this is in the break between 14 and 15. Not sure if this is where people got 14 denoms from but ???????

I looked for the original link but it seems to be broken

But it does say at the bottom of this that it was originally posted Chief V :D

Shawn

sorry guys it won't let me post the link :(:(:( it jsut comes up spammer, spammer as it is another site

But here is the heading to the original article

United States Institute of Peace

Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training

Iraq Experience Project

HUGH TANT

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Interviewed by: Mark Gribbin

Initial interview date: October 22, 2004

Copyright 2004 ADST

• Upvote 2

well I did that search and found an interview for which the link is below, but it clearly talks about 6 denominations, with possibly 2 more for a total of 8 with coins. This is a clip from the linked pdf file:

"TANT: Now, with the new dinar, we have six denominations for the people. I understand

currency situation.

But, of course, my team and I, we dealt in the six new denominations. I can send you

pictures of that and descriptive information of each of the notes"

http://www.usip.org/files/file/resources/collections/histories/iraq/tant.pdf

still hunting for something that says there are 14 ... not hopeful after reading this that I will find it.

Thanks Keep! Good discussion.

I have been wondering where proof of this is as well. And no, quoting someone elses opinion, statement, or blog does not constitute proof.

However I wanted to bring up something of interest that was discussed at the end of last year (when the CBI website updated to its new look) was the interesting html code on the banknotes page.

Knowing a few IT guys myself, its true these guys try to build in code for future use, never wanting to redo an entire page of html when a little foresight would have prevented it.

So check it out. Go to the CBI website, click on "banknotes and coins" then right click and select "view page source" to check out the html coding.

Somewhere around lines 167 to 212 of the html code shows blanks for what looks like six more currency denominations.

Proof of lower denoms?? NOPE!

But you gotta wonder why the code is there..............

Staying thirsty my friend :D

HOLY SHIZNIT.... Great find my friend.. If you scroll down the HTML it talks about the Denoms in circulation now and your right it goes blank for a bit - U could very well be onto something...VERY VERY INTERESTING.. GO IRAQ GO RV/RI