Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi to accept the post of Parliament Speaker

Eddinar

Haider Jourani (recommended) Allawi to accept the post of parliament speakerBy: mano

On: Saturday, 04/09/2010 13:49

Baghdad (News) .. Advised the member of a coalition of law Haider Jourani Iraqi List to accept the post of speaker of parliament. The Jourani (of the Agency by news) on Saturday: The head of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi, to accept the post of chairman of the parliament, and if rejected will be assigned to the National Alliance Front occupy. He Jourani that the chances of president of a coalition of law Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister within a very large national damaged after the rejection of the President of the Liberal Movement, Ahmed Chalabi, the nomination of the National Coalition Vice President Adel Abdul Mehdi.

He Jourani Adel Abdul-Mahdi, he can not collect majority needed to pass his government, but Maliki is easy to reach a quorum of the assignment. The support the candidature of Abdul-Mahdi of the Supreme Council and the Sadrists (60 MPs of the total 70 deputies of the coalition) and with no objection Virtue Party (7 seats). The Alliance won the elections that took place in the seventh month of March (March), the last 70 seats, 40 of the Sadrist movement and 20 of the Supreme Council and 7 of the Virtue Party as well as a seat for Jaafari, and another of Chalabi and the last of the independent member. It is expected to be followed by the announcement of the alliance’s candidate meeting the Committee of Wise Men called the problem of leaders of coalitions within the National Alliance for the selection of their candidate presented to the House of Representatives to gain confidence in assuming the presidency of the government. The Alaitephan in accordance with earlier that the candidate is selected with the consent of 80 percent of the members. The rule of law, the national coalition formed earlier, “National Alliance” to form the largest parliamentary bloc, but commented that the coalition talks with the state of law until the replacement candidate, Nuri al-Maliki. / Finished / (2. T. M).

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://ikhnews.com/news.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D1309&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com

• Upvote 5

Haider Jourani (recommended) Allawi to accept the post of parliament speakerBy: mano

On: Saturday, 04/09/2010 13:49

Good Post (+) ED - Thanks...!

Hopefully this willingness on Allawi's part will allow the GOI to form and get seated this week ... Then we'll see our coveted RI...IMO...!

RON B)

• Upvote 2

We've been down this road before --- I don't think this is from the Allawi camp. In a few minutes -- we should hear a rebuttal to this. Does NOT make sense -- if you had FIRST CRACK at new govt -- would you settle for SECOND PLACE. I think this is propaganda from the opposition.

Edited by EBJNYC

We've been down this road before --- I don't think this is from the Allawi camp. In a few minutes -- we should hear a rebuttal to this. Does NOT make sense -- if you had FIRST CRACK at new govt -- would you settle for SECOND PLACE. I think this is propaganda from the opposition.

Fact:

As per the decision of the Iraqi Supream Court the National Alliance (Malaki's group) who formed the largest block has the right to form the new government...not Allawi's Iraqi list.

This was decided by the court months ago and is nothing new,

Phoenix

Fact:

As per the decision of the Iraqi Supream Court the National Alliance (Malaki's group) who formed the largest block has the right to form the new government...not Allawi's Iraqi list.

This was decided by the court months ago and is nothing new,

Phoenix

The court is a SHIA puppet. This ruling was OVERRULED and thrown out. Maliki (89) LOST plain and simple to Allawi (91) -- Constitutionally Allawi is LEGALLY ENTITLED to form the New Govt., everything else is PURE PROPAGANDA -- we'll see you at the FINISH LINE -- Allawi the PM and VICTOR !!!! Maliki gives SQUALOR, POVERTY, and ZERO to the people of Iraq --- just look at his PAST. Give Allawi a chance and Iraqis will be driving MERCEDES and LIVING IN CONDOS much faster than with Maliki who is stealing everything and a SNAKE.

Edited by EBJNYC

The court is a SHIA puppet. This ruling was OVERRULED and thrown out. Maliki (89) LOST plain and simple to Allawi (91) -- Constitutionally Allawi is LEGALLY ENTITLED to form the New Govt., everything else is PURE PROPAGANDA -- we'll see you at the FINISH LINE -- Allawi the PM and VICTOR !!!! Maliki gives SQUALOR, POVERTY, and ZERO to the people of Iraq --- just look at his PAST. Give Allawi a chance and Iraqis will be driving MERCEDES and LIVING IN CONDOS much faster than with Maliki who is stealing everything and a SNAKE.

Remember this is about ALL IRAQIs -- not just MALIKI !!!

Edited by EBJNYC

The ruling was not over ruled and was not thrown out.

A Shia puppet?

Not quite...the Iraqi Supream Court members were sellected by a special group from all factions and then approved by all of Parliment.

Contrary to the lies told on the forums Maliki had NOTHING to do with the selection of any of the judges.

Stick with the facts...drop the emotions and all will be well.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix

Stick with the facts...drop the emotions and all will be well.

Tell that to Maliki. The facts speak for themselves -- ASK MOST IRAQIs ON THE STREET -- if they like Malikis' leadership -- THE ANSWER IS NO !!!!!! His own "Rank and File" are asking him to STEP ASIDE !!!!

Edited by EBJNYC

Tell that to Maliki. The facts speak for themselves -- ASK MOST IRAQIs ON THE STREET -- if they like Malikis' leadership -- THE ANSWER IS NO !!!!!! His own "Rank and File" are asking him to STEP ASIDE !!!!

Fact:

Between Maliki and Allawi themselves Maliki recived more personal votes (by 200,000 more) than Allawi.

Yes Allawi's political group won more seats than Maliki's group (by 2 seats)...but between Malaki and Allawi if it were decided by straight votes then Malaki would be the next PM as per the votes recived.

So as per the votes the people of Iraq chose Malaki over Allawi.

And there is an article posted here on this forum from Iraq saying how the people themselves of Iraq prefer Malaki over Allawi.

Phoenix

Fact:

Most Iraqis ON THE STREET are NOT HAPPY with Maliki leadership.

Fact:

Malikis own rank and file are asking him to step aside

Fact:

A "Win" is "Win" --- plain and simple. Allawi won 91 vs. Maliki 89 !!!

Fact:

Sunni-phobia is IGNORANCE -- plain and simple.

Fact:

Given the chance -- Allawi will give ALL IRAQIs a BETTER LIFE.

Fact:

Your viewpoint is SKEWED because you (Phoenix) are a SHIA.

Edited by EBJNYC
  • Downvote 3

Again we have, "he said, they said, he said, they said" until they finally decide to do what's right

for the Iraqi people instead of themself, we will see the same thing.

I do somewhat believe we are getting a little closer.

Until then it"s still an "Illusion on a Double Dimple"

Go RV/RI B)

I agree. I remain skeptical till the whole forming the govt business is done and we see it on a major news company we can trust. BBC CNN FOX whoever...

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Apparently you can't distinguish between facts and opinions.

• Upvote 3

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Ewww......ya kinda lost me on that one.

First off you know there is a lot of propaganda being pushed out from all sides everywhere and you acknowledged that there could be a rebuttal article.

So that tells me that the media here is to be taken with a huge amount of salt...heheheh

Ask yourself why the U.S. was or is trying to support Maliki? Dont get me wrong I think Maliki is a ****** but if george w was in office, dont you think he would be doing the same? Probably a lot more assertive...hehehehe

I know you agree about the Allawi sadr angle being the reason why the US may be turned off on Allawi. Do you not think that Iran could be behind that? Just something to ponder...

So you can see that this is not a cut and dry situation. Things may not be what they seem and from my own personal research of Dr Allawi and his cousin Mr Chalabi, I found that these guys just want to be on the side that wins and they probably don't give a damn on how they get that done.

at the same time, I could also be totally wrong about all of it but I'm pretty sure phoenix is not a shia...ROFL!! :D

Ask yourself why the U.S. was or is trying to support Maliki? Dont get me wrong I think Maliki is a ****** but if george w was in office, dont you think he would be doing the same? Probably a lot more assertive...hehehehe

I know you agree about the Allawi sadr angle being the reason why the US may be turned off on Allawi. Do you not think that Iran could be behind that? Just something to ponder...

The U.S. wants SADR OUT OF THE PICTURE because Sadr wants U.S. TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ. So.....the U.S. prefers Allawi and MALIKI and Kurds -- that's why the RECENT support of Maliki (who supports a U.S. presence "in" Iraq). However Maliki will "say" anything to save his neck and secure the PM position -- but may have to settle for PARLIAMENT SPEAKER. Allawi will not RELINQUISH "First Crack" at the PM position easily.

Edited by EBJNYC

i agree that allawi should get the first shot. maliki imo did not do a very good job as pm in getting services to the people. the court is probably mostly shia and maybe they voted under duress. i suspect some was involved. this is a middle eastern country and we can't apply our western ideas or values here. they will do what they will do. i suspect there is an outside chance maliki might get pm but he has to get past sadr. that will not be an easy task. i think again at this point, allawi unfortunately will need to compromise with the remaining nc to get some type of reasonable government in place. maliki will not be tried or arrested imo for what he is reported to have done or been part of in articles and word of mouth. why? it is the middle east again and i believe that the powers that be won't rock the boat.

maybe some learned member here can assist. i have heard that the pm slot needs 2/3s vote and recently heard only a little over half to get the job. if someone with knowledge can advise, i'd appreciate.

The U.S. wants SADR OUT OF THE PICTURE because Sadr wants U.S. TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ. So.....the U.S. prefers Allawi and MALIKI and Kurds -- that's why the RECENT support of Maliki (who supports a U.S. presence "in" Iraq). However Maliki will "say" anything to save his neck and secure the PM position -- but may have to settle for PARLIAMENT SPEAKER. Allawi will not RELINQUISH "First Crack" at the PM position easily.

Right but you know Allawi had been meeting with Sadr and if there's any truth to an article that came out a couple of days ago, Biden gave Allawi the high hat by not meeting with him.

Anyone feel free to correct me on that.

I feel like the U.S. govt has thrown their support behind Maliki and when I first read that a few weeks ago it bothered me because all my coworkers and even my barber who's an LN on this camp wants to see Allawi in there. Maliki is a ******, if you could here my barber go off on how he doesnt get a solid hour of electricity (15 minute increments) you would be angry just hearing him and no matter what, that happened on M's watch.

Well after reading some of phoenix information and doing a little pondering, I've taken a step back on this issue because I think its pretty convoluted....and we simply do not have all the facts.

All we can do is watch what the players do and I pray that whatever agenda that was passed on to Obama in handling Iraq that he at least gets this accomplished even though I didnt vote for the guy.....