Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas Becomes First State To Top 1,000,000 COVID-19 Cases

Johnny Dinar

Texas hit a grim new milestone this week as its number of COVID-19 cases surpassed 1 million.

According to data from the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center, Texas has reported 1,010,364 confirmed coronavirus cases as of Wednesday, with 19,337 deaths due to the virus. The state, which has grappled with a surge of hospitalizations in El Paso this week, also saw 12,337 new cases and 114 deaths within a 24-hour period.

Texas’ numbers are closely trailed by California’s, which has 989,432 confirmed cases, as well as Florida’s, with 852,174 cases.

Following closely behind the figures for the Lone Star State are those for the countries of Italy, Mexico and Peru, where cases have surpassed 900,000 for each. The statistics for Texas also place it just behind Colombia, which has 1,155,356 cases, and the U.K., which has 1,237,226 cases.

Texas has a population of about 29 million, and each of these nations has more people than that, most of them substantially more.

Dr. David Callender, president of the Houston area’s Memorial Hermann Health System, told The Houston Chronicle that the numbers for Texas were “a sobering statistic” that had been exacerbated by politics.

“To me, politics entered in an inappropriate way,” Callender said. “People making a political statement with their behavior — that the pandemic is a hoax, that no one can make them wear a mask — really interfered with efforts. It was the wrong mindset.”

Texas has struggled with inconsistent governance and guidance from its leaders concerning the coronavirus. Taking cues from President Donald Trump, Gov. Greg Abbott (R) called for an aggressive statewide reopening in May that then was paused in June due to surging infections. In July, Abbott issued a mandatory face mask executive order after initially rallying against wearing the coverings. In September and October, restaurants and bars were allowed to re-open with limited capacity ― though local governments, like Harris County in Houston, have kept bars closed.

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), an El Paso resident, slammed Abbott’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic in July, claiming that the governor had demonstrated “one of the most craven, callous failures of leadership” that he’d ever witnessed.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/texas-one-million-covid-19-cases-195239582.html

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

People don't get it.

Isolating is not the answer. 

People will get the virus.

Some will survive, some not.

Isolating only prolongs the inevitable.

Vaccines don't destroy the virus. Look at the flu. 

Which is worse, a vaccine with toxic material inside or a virus you can kill with certain drugs?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

JMHO:  My D-I-L died the first week of Oct because of COVID.  However, it doesn't make me fear this pandemic because any flu, pneumonia, or other major illness would have done the same. Her health was compromised and we all knew she would not survive. Did she cower in the house - NO - she lived her life as she wanted because she knew her time was limited. My son and step-grandson in the same house also caught COVID from her but they survived with very little impact and are doing fine now.  My brother (lived in my house at the time) also caught it though not from her. He is 80 yrs old and only had minimal symptoms, fever and lethargy. I, on the other hand was around all of them and did not catch it.  My point is, life is too short to allow fear to keep you from enjoying life. Take the precautions if you want but do not force your shut-downs, mask mandates, etc on freedom loving citizens. You are perfectly welcome to cower in your home if it makes you feel safer but remember, this virus is just like the flu - it will be with us from now on. You just have to decide if it is going to rule your life.

:hug:

:cowboy2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

1 minute ago, TexasGranny said:

JMHO:  My D-I-L died the first week of Oct because of COVID.  However, it doesn't make me fear this pandemic because any flu, pneumonia, or other major illness would have done the same. Her health was compromised and we all knew she would not survive. Did she cower in the house - NO - she lived her life as she wanted because she knew her time was limited. My son and step-grandson in the same house also caught COVID from her but they survived with very little impact and are doing fine now.  My brother (lived in my house at the time) also caught it though not from her. He is 80 yrs old and only had minimal symptoms, fever and lethargy. I, on the other hand was around all of them and did not catch it.  My point is, life is too short to allow fear to keep you from enjoying life. Take the precautions if you want but do not force your shut-downs, mask mandates, etc on freedom loving citizens. You are perfectly welcome to cower in your home if it makes you feel safer but remember, this virus is just like the flu - it will be with us from now on. You just have to decide if it is going to rule your life.

Sorry for your families loss TG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We have a large family and have had a few cases but all are fine now.  One is a nurse and the other is a doctor.  They are back at work after taking a month or so off to recoup and make sure they were healthy.  

TG, I am very sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hasn't been until recently that I have been impacted in my direct sphere of relationships where some have contracted COVID-19. I have an aunt (sister-in-law) of my mother who lives in an assisted living home that is 89 years old and contracted COVID-19. Severe fatigue for three weeks then recovery for a week. She is fine, now. So is my uncle.

I have a brother who contracted COVID-19 and said it is like a bad cold.

His wife had cancer with chemo and radiation treatment some years ago who is immune system compromised. She quarantined with my brother for two weeks then went back to work with some fatigue.

I have a friend who contracted COVID-19 and is quarantining with an off and on headache and some fatigue but says no big deal. Lost smell and taste for a bit then back to normal.

I am sorry to hear about TexasGranny's loss due to COVID-19. Just like many other seasonal contagions, COVID-19 has a toll but comprably less than other seasonal contagions.

The key is still COVID-19 is a patented virus and a biological warfare agent used extensively as a psychological warfare agent. The Chinese Communist Party must be held to account for this and other comparable warfare and likewise subversive activities.

As the TexasGranny noted style of living:

image.jpeg.7ffa9ffcb6fa0f428f6728c1c265d461.jpeg

Can't have the Snowflake And Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces ruling the day with THEIR "playbook" "rules"!!!

• Pow! 5

6 hours ago, TexasGranny said:

My D-I-L died the first week of Oct because of COVID. 

TexasGranny, I am sorry for your loss. A big Texas hug for you. 

4 hours ago, Synopsis said:

The key is still COVID-19 is a patented virus and a biological warfare agent used extensively as a psychological warfare agent. The Chinese Communist Party must be held to account for this and other comparable warfare and likewise subversive activities.

I couldn’t agree more. I have seen enough to believe it is a manufactured virus and not natural.

As for being the first for hitting a million, when we do things here in Texas, we always have to go BIG! :cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, TexasGranny said:

Very sorry for you loss TG.

My wife and I have gotten so used to wearing masks everywhere we go that it's just become second nature at this point.  It allows us to see our elderly parents without cowering in fear that we may kill them if we're irresponsible....Our choices shouldn't be their choices, so we wear a mask.  In the end, we'll continue to follow the mandates set forth and take our business to the companies doing the same.....As those companies not following the mandates are doing just fine making money from patrons who also don't follow the mandates.  

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1