Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq seeks to buy 50 thousand tons of wheat in a global tender

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Islamic New Year 2018 in United States of America will begin in the evening of

Tuesday, September 11
and ends in the evening of
WednesdaySeptember 12
Dates may vary.

In this case, near the end of the Gregorian 3rd Quarter is the very beginning of the Islamic 1st Quarter. So, both the Gregorian and Islamic 3rd and 1st Quarters respectively can align for nominally 20 days in 2018.

I know. It gets confusing when You have to consider what Calendar they are talking about when they make their statements.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth. CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!
:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Iraq's fiscal year runs January to December.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2080.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

That's what I remember - 1st Quarter.

However, since they are moving along so well with all they are accomplishing, I sure hope there is a way they are planning to do this no matter what time of year.

I honestly don't know what to expect.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if we do go into January, 2019.

Hope for the Best, Expect the Worst and be very Grateful for what is delivered in between. Keeping my eye on The CBI and praying for what possibly may be delivered and joyously received in between. :praying:  . . . Prior to 1/1/2019

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

The way I remember it is that Shabibi said the 1st Quarter, not the 3rd Quarter.

Too many accounting changes when you're that far into the year.

....I guess it depends on who ya ask...about the differences in years and when they begin and start... 

• Upvote 1

2018/07/05 18:15

Number of readings 8

Section: Iraq

Iraq buys 100,000 tons of Australian wheat

BAGHDAD / Al-Masala: On Thursday, July 5, 2018, traders said that the General Company for Cereal Trade in Iraq bought 100,000 tons of Australian wheat in a global tender .

Traders familiar with the deal said the purchase price was $ 306.75 per ton, including the cost of insurance and shipping.

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/142909/العراق-يشتري-100-ألف-طن-من-القمح-الاسترالي

• Upvote 2