Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Flying with dinars

MrRich

Recently I have read several people stating that they would fly to certain locations to cash in their dinars. My friend who works for an airline has 3 million dinars and he tells me not to fly with a large amount of any currency unless you want to be interrogated, placed on a no fly list, and maybe even have your currency confiscated. Modern bills have metal in them that can be detected by airport scanners. He is planning on driving to another state to cash his in even though he could fly for free. Just thought I'd pass that info along.

• Upvote 4

Recently I have read several people stating that they would fly to certain locations to cash in their dinars. My friend who works for an airline has 3 million dinars and he tells me not to fly with a large amount of any currency unless you want to be interrogated, placed on a no fly list, and maybe even have your currency confiscated. Modern bills have metal in them that can be detected by airport scanners. He is planning on driving to another state to cash his in even though he could fly for free. Just thought I'd pass that info along.

I recently went on vacation to Africa. I took dinars with me to give as gifts to my in-laws and I went through dozens of metal detectors, x-rays machines, and custom agents and I had no problem with any of the metal detectors or x-ray machines. Now that was just my experience, I would never tell anyone to do what I did and lose any of their dinars. GO RV!!!!!

I recently went on vacation to Africa. I took dinars with me to give as gifts to my in-laws and I went through dozens of metal detectors, x-rays machines, and custom agents and I had no problem with any of the metal detectors or x-ray machines. Now that was just my experience, I would never tell anyone to do what I did and lose any of their dinars. GO RV!!!!!

I don't think the problem will be setting off scanning machines......the problem will be the law. You are legally required to report any currency that equals 10k or more american. If it RIs and you are carrying 25k dinar. you just went over that limit...so you should report that you are carrying it. Also, I think this only applies to flights outside the USA.

my 2cents

one more point.

scanning machines can be adjusted...or set to notify of certain "things"...and the security xray machine shows it all...if they are not instructed to look for something, they don't bother stopping....but if they were instructed to watch for , say, anything that looked like the size of a dollar bill.....what would they stop and look at?

just a thot. :blink:

Yes, but I believe that you have missed the point (Papatom had not posted when I wrote this). Traveling with sub $10K USD is fine. Above this requires a Fincen 105 to declare.

Currently, when you travel with 1M, 3M ... 9.999M you are still under that limit. When the IQD RI/RV's and you multiply your 25K note by that rate ... what will it be worth ... uh huh, see the problem?

If you need to fly inside the US why not rent a plane/pilot on a charter out of a small airport. Many have decided to have a party limo drive them to a location!

If you are considering leaving the country with IQD the point is well taken about the no fly list and confiscation ... remember ... what if the IQD RI'd at $3.86 (don't bash me here, I'm trying to make a point ... I know the odds already) ... a single bill is worth $98,500.

Consider Brinks handling the transport ... sure it will cost you ... and you have to fill out the same paperwork ... but you won't have security issues ... you won't have TSA hassles ...

If you are still afraid ... use Brinks and transfer it in smaller quantities ...

And while it would be cost prohibitive and you will have to go through customs ... a private G5 ride will be in the grasp of many for an international excursion!

Anyway ... think this through and be at Peace

Doc31

Thanks for the post

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 1

Heh Mr Rich, The TSA will tell you there is no limit on amounts of foreign currency you can travel with on domestic ( In- states) flights. You dont even have to fill out any forms. They do suggest you ask to have a private screening to go thru check points which you can get if they are not busy. Do not tell them why you are asking for this private screening. There is a limit on international flights of $10,000 foreign currency you may take on board without telling them.. Also its best to scan your dinars into your computer or photo copy them before traveling either by car or plane, etc so you have proof they are yours.

Anyway hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the problem will be setting off scanning machines......the problem will be the law. You are legally required to report any currency that equals 10k or more american. If it RIs and you are carrying 25k dinar. you just went over that limit...so you should report that you are carrying it. Also, I think this only applies to flights outside the USA.

my 2cents

one more point.

scanning machines can be adjusted...or set to notify of certain "things"...and the security xray machine shows it all...if they are not instructed to look for something, they don't bother stopping....but if they were instructed to watch for , say, anything that looked like the size of a dollar bill.....what would they stop and look at?

just a thot. :blink:

Thanks. Yeah my friend has 3 million dinar so he could conceivably be carrying the equivalent of over ten million dollars in cash after the RV. He wasn't talking about flying around with colored toilet paper pre-RV. I should have made that clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Besides scanning them into your computer, you can print them out (front and back) in the presence of a public notary who could have those copies notarized by that person. You could also create your own introductory letter to go with the notarized copies and have that letter also notarized. (Note: the individual serial numbers would be hard to duplicate as they are in Arabic.) You might also include the copy of the invoice that came with your dinars as further proof they are yours - notarize this copy as well. Then make a double copy of the combined documents for safe keeping in two different locations.

Would anyone have any ideas on how to mail our Dinar back to the people we purchased from, securley? I need to be able to prove it is mine, in case the Dinar salesman gets sticky fingers. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I recently flew from TX to Florida with 1mil and had no trouble whatsoever. II had the Dinar in my laptop bag which i ran through the scanner and not a word was said to me about it.

tbarry,

What part of P.V.Bch. do you live in? I'm on N. Roscoe.

LUHRST32