Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Supreme Court to hear case of baker's refusal to make wedding cake for *** couple

The U.S. Supreme Court announced Monday it will hear the case of a suburban Denver baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a *** couple on faith-based grounds, in the latest religious freedom case to be considered before the highest court.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/26/supreme-court-to-hear-case-bakers-refusal-to-make-wedding-cake-for-***-couple.html

[my comments] It will be interesting to see how this one plays out...religious freedom vs discrimination...which one will be seen by the SCOTUS? 

Indy

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Wish they'd wait until Kennedy bails.... then we'd have a better chance for Truth & Justice to win out in this one...

Time to add another Constitution-loving,

American Values-embracing,

Human Life respecting-Christian to that SCOTUS !  :tiphat:

So true!!!

• Upvote 2

We did.  And he said he wouldn't.  Then he said "we'll see who sues us".

We left with our Baklavas and Turkish Coffees as he was saying "don't bring those people in my place here !"

I guess he thought we were talking about us....:P:lol:

So there ya go., SHABS. 

We'll give you the info on his location, so you can call your violent, radical resistance rioters to trash his place and

unleash the fake customers ya'll send out to target Christian establishments.... he won't be as nice about it as the Christian Bakery folks...

he's waitin' for ya.....

We double-dog dare ya.  <_<

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Why not just ask Abdul the baker.....you know him, he's that Muslim pastry guy just trying to make an honest living?  :huh:

GO RV, then BV 

So, any Muslim baker to make you a maple bacon bar. When they refuse you can take him to court, sue him, and watch the judge dismiss the case because of the Muslims religious belief. Doesn't work that way for Christians. They were trying to earn an honest living also. Ended up closing shop.  A little slanted I would say. 

• Upvote 5

Ask 

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

So, any Muslim baker to make you a maple bacon bar. When they refuse you can take him to court, sue him, and watch the judge dismiss the case because of the Muslims religious belief. Doesn't work that way for Christians. They were trying to earn an honest living also. Ended up closing shop.  A little slanted I would say. 

Ask the gal(s), she brought up Abdul's bakery, not me.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

41 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

he's that Muslim pastry guy just trying to make an honest living?  :huh:

GO RV, then BV 

My response is to the part where you brought up the Muslim pastry guy trying to make an honest living.

Are Christians not allowed to make an honest living based on their religious beliefs? :confused2:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

My response is to the part where you brought up the Muslim pastry guy trying to make an honest living.

Are Christians not allowed to make an honest living based on their religious beliefs? :confused2:

Exactly !  The lefty-loons have a double-standard... <_<

LIE - DENY - DEFLECT is all they ever do.

They stand for nothing honorable, decent or right.

They are mentally bankrupt... psychologically maladjusted... and morally deficient to a fault.

Yet, they say everything bad happening as a result of their illogical, short-sighted agenda, is Trump's fault.:blink:

Go figure.... wow.   :facepalm2:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

I believe all peoples, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, heathen, etc., willing to take the risk of owning and operating their own honest business, should have the right to refuse service.  I also believe the consumer should have the right to complain about not being served.  However, this case certainly doesn't belong in front of the SCOTUS....that's just a waste of precious judicial time.   

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I believe all peoples, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, heathen, etc., willing to take the risk of owning and operating their own honest business, should have the right to refuse service.  I also believe the consumer should have the right to complain about not being served.  However, this case certainly doesn't belong in front of the SCOTUS....that's just a waste of precious judicial time.   

GO RV, then BV

I respectfully disagree Shab. The lower courts have become so politicized that they can't seem to make rational constitutional decisions anymore, i.e. Trump's ban on terrorist countries. So, I am very interested in how the Supreme Court rules in this case. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I respectfully disagree Shab. The lower courts have become so politicized that they can't seem to make rational constitutional decisions anymore, i.e. Trump's ban on terrorist countries. So, I am very interested in how the Supreme Court rules in this case. 

I'm not a constitutional scholar so I can't confidently say one way or another if you're right or wrong.  I certainly respect your right to your opinion though, BG.  :peace:  When it comes network experts on any situation, all one has to do is listen to Fox then MSNBC, or Breitbart then The Guardian, to know that the truth lies somewhere in between.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1