Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rumours, Rumours & more Rumours for you

zantac

[size="3"]DV rumor thru Sandi at CC: Small Denom's[/size]

[sandi771969] Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 2:17 PM From DV Hi, I work at one of the largest bases here in Iraq ...... I was in the warka bank here on base yesterday and the bank manager told me that he has all the smaller dinar bills (1's 5's 10's 20's 50's 100's and 500's) in his bank right now but he can't release them until the RV. I hope that news will keep you all smiling Keep the faith it coming soon.

Info from Minigranvan about Citibank 7/7 Today at 11:04 am

From Minigranvan

I called my guy at Citi bank today to talk to him about my dinar and dong investment. Before I could even finish talking he said "WOW-that stuff is going soon and high" "Where are you depositing your funds?" I nearly fell out of my chair. This is a true story.

Next post from Minigranvan

OK here go's---this is a true story. I spoke with him yesterday. It was a branch of Citibank. He did not give rate-I did not ask. It is MY banker, at MY bank and it was ME that made the call. I will not now, or ever give out, phone, address or name of this person, he has been too good to us to compramise his situation at the bank.

Hope this makes all of you happy.

[color="#FF0000"]RV consensus and forcast as promised Today at 10:51 am[/color]

I promised I would speak with everyone and post sometime today. The people I have spoken to (except 3) were currency investors as well. This is a summary of what I was told by what I would called educated, and very familiar with the Iraqi people. Only one is from Iraq.

The take on Iraqi electoral issues. This can go a number of ways. It would appear that Talabani will be the president again. This seems to please almost everyone. Well he has done a good job. The speaker seems to be easy to fill but is a tossup. Some of the political eggheads seem to believe that Madhi may be the new speaker. (I personally don’t know whether or not this would happen or not.)

We have all been waiting on the prime minister role to be chosen and this of course is the big focus know. I few actually feared that the same thing would happen in an alliance with Iraqiya and State of Law (SOL… Haha) whereas the State of Law would continue to say Maliki is the only choice for PM. Then we miss the deadlines again. Others believe that very soon Maliki will concede to a lesser position that would include powers in other ministry. There reason for belief of Maliki’s fight for PM is because of protection and that the position may provide him just that. (I really don’t believe that is the case) But whatever. Most of the people I have spoken with agree that there will be an agreement at the very last minute and the composition would be Allawi – PM, Talibani – President, Madhi or Jafaari, - Speaker (Which for some reason in my mind that is absurd but I relaying opinions received. I believe speaker will be someone we haven’t really been hearing about) Maliki will have some role of power but it’s doubtable over anything to do with the military or money. (It is possible though!)

July 14th is a comfortable date for most I’ve spoke with relating to the seating. This is solely based on past history of Iraqi individuals and organizations doing things at the very last minute. We have to understand that their culture is not the same as ours. Much like Vietnam, there is not necessarily a win-win outcome in everyone’s mind as in western cultures. Its, “I out-performed the other or received more of a benefit. Some may disagree with this statement. Biden IMO did not scare anyone. They will do what they are going to do and we will let them implement democratic process even if it takes a bit longer because of diplomacy.

This doesn’t mean that the RV will happen the second when they are seated. Everyone I spoke with laughed and said wishful thinking. They said: “The Speaker is going to call and say. Its’ all good now. You can lift the 7, and we will be on about our business.” Yeah right. There are still things that need to get lined up prior to the release. Reporting sucks, they are not very accurate, and do not necessarily prove to anyone that they can provide sufficient financial oversight for their own country. There are companies lined up to get into Iraq and the country is a very attractive candidate for foreign direct investment for a number of reasons (which could also imply that the RV may not get over a dollar but it depends)

The month of August has been said to be an optimal time to RV. July, no way. One professor explains that during the period of religious fast would be the perfect time for them to RV due to reduced activity levels and that anytime during July would be absolute chaos for them. Another contends an in-country rate of 3+ dollars would be out of control and hyperinflation. (This I can see but this one is not an investor and doesn’t believe that it will happen for a while.) I explained that contractors are waiting for payments in better currency and that the country is in hideous shape and this is one of the reasons many believe it will RV soon. The responses I received were: “Why, so they have a bill collector that tells them pay me now. And? GE hasn’t moved yet to flip the switch so they will just not… flip the switch. The country has been poor for and the people have been without water and electricity for some time. So, What is the rush now?

Lastly I was told that there are consultants there know getting them in order to have an organized playing field before October.

So with all said. June 14th…. The seating…… July 26th, GE yawns and says we’ll just wait. August… They don’t eat and pray that in a few weeks they will wake up and have electricity and can drink water with there meals. Mid-August, there paperwork will be acceptable and chapter 7 will be gone. Shortly afterwards… RV Oh. As for the rate, the most they believe is 1.75 and said that was pushing it.

No one really made any mention of VIetnam other than the currency will appreciate but they will not see a overly dramatic change in the next 6 months but it is an awesome investment choice and we should buy.

Apoloo Chat at DS

apolloo says to (08:48:16):

I have a friend who lives in HILLA Iraq and we email back and forth sometimes,

I wass going to email him this morning and ask him how things were and whats up on the street

and when I went to my email, there was a letter there from him

this guy is a professor and is not very active on the streets so when stuff gets to him, it has really pilfered down through the crowds a bit

the info we are seeing about the articles on Maliki being hated and thought of as a crook are true

here is a bit of his email that pertains to this

Maliki lost all popularity in the street (along with Dawa, SCIRI and almost the rest of the religious parties). People are accusing him of all sorts of things and I would never be surprised to know for certain he is a thief. (You must have heard about the Rafidian Bank robbery lately.

People say that it is done by a special force under Maliki's command.) Gradually, he is proving to be another Sadam. Sad as it is, this is how most o the politicians in the front are. As for peaceful exchange of power to take place soothly, it needs a lot of time.

It is all about political rivalary and dominance. Corruption is everywhere and the country is like a wooden shack infested with termites (bad ones, not like our friend Mighty Mite!!). WE need a terminator, and I wouldn't mind one in the style of Schwarzenegger. He will prove very handy!!

lol he referred to Terminator as Mighty Mouse (mighty mite)

they are ready for a new govt

and people are sick of M

thats all just wanted to share

yw, this guys is super nice and if he is saying this then you can bet your booty its all over IRaq like this

he is Iraq, not American

born and raised there

guardian says to (08:53:37):

sure does confirm what we know

apolloo says to (08:54:01):

yep, I never trust the articles 100% until I get people from there confirming

so when you see the articles that are negative towards Maliki, those are the ones you can believe

also pay attention to the NEWS SOURCE that is putting out those articles b/c those are probably the ones that are most accurately reporting the truth

Apolloo, Mighty Mite was cartoon way back. I think he was in fact a termite.

apolloo says to (08:55:23):

yes, you are correct

he is a professor of literature, so that would make better sense

pretty funny that he has probably studied early American cartoons in literature

all???

we studed Moby **** he studied Mighty Mite

The problem the US has had when helping place both Saddam and the Maliki, is that when you're pulling from a snake pit, you're most likely to pull out a snake

all it would take is a few like our founding fathers to rise above it all

and get some great things done

tmac096 says to (09:00:15):

Allawi is the best we have over there and I pray to God he is kept alive long enough to lead the people out of this mess.

apolloo says to (09:00:57):

yea, but Allawi is just a start. He is not a saint either, but he is the most consistent with our goals

Allawi said some rather disturbing things concerning Israel the other day in an interview I watched

apolloo says to (09:01:54):

ok, I have to go also, just wanted to give you guys a perspective from someone who lives, eats and breaths Iraq everyday

• Upvote 5

You dont think your banker at Citi Bank was trying to be funny DO YOU? My banker says he wouldnt invest in any of it. This is why there are to omany conflicting reports. I like to believe your stories though. GO RVVVVVVVVVVVVV

None of this is my stuff so please don’t link any of the rumours to me.

Jut things I have found to share with all.

• Upvote 2

None of this is my stuff so please don’t link any of the rumours to me.

Jut things I have found to share with all.

SORRY but if you are posting a thread saying rumours (spelled rumors) you should expect that it will be linked to you. I do thank you for posting it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

SORRY but if you are posting a thread saying rumours (spelled rumors) you should expect that it will be linked to you. I do thank you for posting it.

Sorry 1 beer to many & forgot the spel chicken agin

wheel do biter nixt tim :lol:

• Upvote 7

Why is it that so many people on here always feel that they should follow up a post with telling someone spelled a word wrong. Big deal I knew what zantac was saying. Maybe they were in a hurry or happy about a posting something good orbad . I for one am thankful for any news that is posted. Thanks Steve

• Upvote 1

Geez, the guy was just trying to be nice.

Excuse me but I thanked this person for the post. If they say they dont want to be associated with the rumor we know that wont happen. As we all know from posting prior rumors the only thing people remember is where it last came from. I was being nice in mentioning that fact. Thats all I was doing.

Excuse me but I thanked this person for the post. If they say they dont want to be associated with the rumor we know that wont happen. As we all know from posting prior rumors the only thing people remember is where it last came from. I was being nice in mentioning that fact. Thats all I was doing.

Okay, I guess only you know if you were being condescending or not.

• Downvote 1