Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ivanka Trump has West Wing office and will get access to classified information

Trump, who holds no official title in administration and is not serving as government employee, will receive security clearance soon

Guardian staff and agencies

Monday 20 March 2017 22.56 GMT

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=8be88f89b80d544504ad3fb9754ecd44
Ivanka Trump said in a statement that she would ‘voluntarily follow all of the ethics rules placed on government employees’.
Photograph: JIM_BOURG/Reuters

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-security-clearance

• Upvote 1

I'm perfectly fine with this.  I feel Ivanka will add a reasonable and rational voice to an otherwise chaotic presidential brain pan.  She very well may be the only person who can keep her dad's sanity level in check.  As always, just my opinion.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ivanka-trump-receive-white-house-office-security-clearance-025905253--abc-news-topstories.html

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I'm perfectly fine with this.  I feel Ivanka will add a reasonable and rational voice to an otherwise chaotic presidential brain pan.  She very well may be the only person who can keep her dad's sanity level in check.  As always, just my opinion.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ivanka-trump-receive-white-house-office-security-clearance-025905253--abc-news-topstories.html

GO RV, then BV

Of course it doesn't hurt that she's as far left as Nancy Pelosi. :wacko:

31 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Are you not happy that Ivanka now occupies a space in our White House?  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

I don't give it much thought either way. Seems very clear to anyone with a brain that President Donald Trump does what he wants to do and very few people seemed to change his opinion and anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't give it much thought either way. Seems very clear to anyone with a brain that President Donald Trump does what he wants to do and very few people seemed to change his opinion and anyway.

Correct you are.........."anyone with a brain" realizes "very few people" means Ivanka.  ;)  Glad we could come to terms on that.

GO RV, then BV

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Correct you are.........."anyone with a brain" realizes "very few people" means Ivanka.  ;)  Glad we could come to terms on that.

GO RV, then BV

What have you been smoking lately? Now I'm not going to sit here and say that Ivanka doesn't have any influence whatsoever on her daddy's opinion. However if she were to sway him on anything at all it would have been on her beliefs about abortion. Ivanka Trump is 100% in your face Pro infanticide. If that had an effect on President Trump how come did he nominate Neil Gorsuch to be a Supreme Court Justice? And just one more nomination like that and you can say goodbye to Roe v Wade forever. Thank God Almighty Glory Hallelujah praise be the name of the Lord.

• Upvote 1

PS I wish to explain something to you here. There is nothing on Earth that I would not put up with to save just one child's life. I would have nominated elected and supported Barack Hussein Obama 1000% had he been against abortion. He could be is communist a liberal and crazy as he wants to be if he poses a threat to the rights of women to murder their children I will support him end of discussion. To sit there and come against somebody who stands against murdering children is unchristian-like and ungodly. It doesn't matter what other believe he has. Everything else can be resolved as long as there is life.

15 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

PS I wish to explain something to you here. There is nothing on Earth that I would not put up with to save just one child's life. I would have nominated elected and supported Barack Hussein Obama 1000% had he been against abortion. He could be is communist a liberal and crazy as he wants to be if he poses a threat to the rights of women to murder their children I will support him end of discussion. To sit there and come against somebody who stands against murdering children is unchristian-like and ungodly. It doesn't matter what other believe he has. Everything else can be resolved as long as there is life.

Let's hope you're right.....You did say Donald says whatever he has to to get his way....it's part of his plan, the art of the deal.  Let's hope he didn't use the lives of unborn children to rally his base and get elected.  Let's hope that was one thing he was actually telling the truth about.  After all, his pro-life stance has not always been rock solid. 

GO RV, then BV

6 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Ain't it ironic that through the Immigration Court battles we see the Left argue that non-US Citizens are protected under the Constitution, but citizens in a mother's womb are not. Barbarians!

Indy 

You gonna tie a pregnant woman down and force her to give birth.....just curious?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Let's hope you're right.....You did say Donald says whatever he has to to get his way....it's part of his plan, the art of the deal.  Let's hope he didn't use the lives of unborn children to rally his base and get elected.  Let's hope that was one thing he was actually telling the truth about.  After all, his pro-life stance has not always been rock solid. 

GO RV, then BV

For the love of God, Shabbs, it is being suggested that Neil Gorsuch could be a deciding factor in overturning Roe v Wade himself. Add to that the fact that the current health care law going through Congress as it stands now completely defunds Planned Parenthood. How on earth can you say that there's a chance Donald Trump is not going to take a stance against abortion? What do you want him to do stand outside Planned Parenthood offices and shoot people?

P.S

if you are pro-choice then I can no longer call you friend. I will pray for you feverishly but I cannot be a friend to someone who a murderer child.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy

21 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

You gonna tie a pregnant woman down and force her to give birth.....just curious?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

So now you're going to take a stance that's pro-abortion your self? Nobody is going to tie a woman down and force her to have a baby. What we want to do is make it a legal for that woman to slaughter her unborn child. At what she does and gets caught doing it that she could spend the rest of her life in prison where she won't have the problem of getting pregnant again. What part of the rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness do you not understand?

23 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

You failed to address my point I made in my previous statement, and deflected entirely to a fallacy argument, "Appeal to Popular Opinion". Since you have taken this path, let's see where this leads us.

So you are saying that if we as a society agree that life begins in the womb and babies that have not yet left the confines of their mother's womb are protected with every right under the Constitution, that this is somehow immoral towards women's right to kill their own child. Who is more of a "Babarian"? Those who argue to kill the unborn baby? Or those who argue to save the baby.

Indy

Edited by Indraman

14 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Let me be clear....I am Pro-Life.  I hope that all women understand they have options other than abortion for an unwanted pregnancy.  That said, I feel very fortunate that I don't have to be the person who makes that decision for a woman.  Less government involvement, more government involvement.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

I'm pleased that you are pro-life. Because honestly I value our friendship, and the reason that I can't be friends with somebody who was pro-choice is because in my belief system if you're willing to murder your own child for convenience there is nothing you wouldn't do to me. Having said all that you state that you would not want to be the one to make the decision. But our founding fathers made the decision in the very beginning of our document to create this nation. The Constitution of the United States of America States unequivocally states that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is a gift from God. That no man has the right to take those things away from me. It contains no ambiguity in the statement. Therefore the choice has already been made and if a woman wishes to murder her own child then I highly suggest she leaves this country to do so. Do you want to know why this nation is in the situation that is in right now? In my opinion because of Roe v Wade. Not only did our government make murdering children legal but made it acceptable. and if you forget your Bible,"whatsoever you do unto the least of these you have done it unto me". In allowing abortion to become settled law we have murdered our very God himself.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm pleased that you are pro-life. Because honestly I value our friendship, and the reason that I can't be friends with somebody who was pro-choice is because in my belief system if you're willing to murder your own child for convenience there is nothing you wouldn't do to me. Having said all that you state that you would not want to be the one to make the decision. But our founding fathers made the decision in the very beginning of our document to create this nation. The Constitution of the United States of America States unequivocally states that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is a gift from God. That no man has the right to take those things away from me. It contains no ambiguity in the statement. Therefore the choice has already been made and if a woman wishes to murder her own child then I highly suggest she leaves this country to do so. Do you want to know why this nation is in the situation that is in right now? In my opinion because of Roe v Wade. Not only did our government make murdering children legal but made it acceptable. and if you forget your Bible,"whatsoever you do unto the least of these you have done it unto me". In allowing abortion to become settled law we have murdered our very God himself.

Do you really not have one friend that's pro-choice?  And have you ever had a friend that you had to break up with because of his/her pro-choice stance?  

GO RV, then BV

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Do you really not have one friend that's pro-choice?  And have you ever had a friend that you had to break up with because of his/her pro-choice stance?  

GO RV, then BV

I don't have one now and I make it a point to let any possible new friends to understand how I feel about the situation. Have I had friends in the past that were pro-choice, yes. But like Kelly and my opinions on the subject change with maturity and an increase in my faith. 

5 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't have one now and I make it a point to let any possible new friends to understand how I feel about the situation. Have I had friends in the past that were pro-choice, yes. But like Kelly and my opinions on the subject change with maturity and an increase in my faith. 

Just to be clear, Kellyanne said she's against the ease with which abortions can be obtained, not necessarily against a woman's right to get one.  She said she was sympathetic to women in that manner.  That's why I posted that article....I thought she was a staunch Pro-Life advocate myself, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Yes she did make a speech contrary to what I just stated, but this article is more recent.  She seems to have some wiggle room in her abortion beliefs.

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1