Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Has anyone noticed?

chelle13

Has anyone noticed that in some articles that came out today that they are naming A the prime minister already? Just wondering if Parliment is already decided. Here's a link from one today.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ar%7Cen&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php%3Fid%3D2862&prev=/language_tools&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjZ0Uu28EEMj7FhtzSjwwLJWlkVEQ

• Upvote 2

It may just be that he retained that title because he was pm before, similar to our politicians. Presidents and senators are still referred to as president or senator even after they leave office. I hope you are correct though.

That is exactly correct....They retain their previous titles as a courtesy. I wish to God that he was PM but nothing has changed. Unfortunately.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Allawi was the interim PM before the Iraqi's help their first legislative session in which he was replaced by Ibrahim al-Jaafari in 2005.

Wikipedia for resource. I don't make it up....I just tell it like it is. So that is why he still retains the title....as a courtesy.

It may just be that he retained that title because he was pm before, similar to our politicians. Presidents and senators are still referred to as president or senator even after they leave office. I hope you are correct though.

You could be right, however, the article referred to Maliki as the outgoing PM

Prime Minister's outgoing Nuri al-Maliki
  • Upvote 3

If he was the legal and legitimate NEW PM we would know.......He has not been announced as such and until he is....he ain't. Not trying to get into a pissing match over a politician. Personally I hope he becomes the PM as he is the best guy for the job.

If he is as of right now THE PM......Officially recognized by the GOI.....show me a link. I'll stand here and apologize for being wrong and ill informed.

Any article I've ever read about Allawi calls him the "former" prime minister.

This article clearly calls Allawi Prime Minister and Maliki the outgoing PM.

I would call that a significant difference.

Me thinks its done!

Come on RV!!!!!!!!!!!

It would seem that way but they have been doing that for months guys...This isn't anything new... I wish,hope, and pray that you would be right but he is not the PM. Talabani must invite him to step up and form his government. That has not happened. He then would get 30 days only to form up a government and even then it is subject to a vote in parliament as parliament has to approve. All these procedures are stated clearly in Article 76. Even if he is invited to do so as the largest bloc he is still considered PM designate. I'm not making up the rules to satisfy my opinion. I am reading them directly from the Iraqi Constitution. What more do you want? This has not happened yet and until it does he is not the PM......We have heard that he may be invited on Monday to do exactly what I have stated but right now he is not the PM. If Allawi was the PM I believe we would be that much closer to the RV. I want you to be right. Right at this moment Allawi is the former PM and PM choice to be submitted by the Iraqi List for consideration and that is all.

http://www.uniraq.org/documents/iraqi_constitution.pdf

I have read many articles archived right here on DV where Allawi has been referred to as PM and Maliki has been referred to as outgoing and it has been going on since the elections..................If you still disagree provide documents that prove me wrong. I have given you the constitution as support of my statements and not one news article from today confirms he is the PM. Confirms Confirms.. Show me a link.

Edited by automag

Here's the first several lines of the article ... I agree with a few others about calling Allawi "PM" ... as a courtesy. Interestingly, the article also has the caption under his photo indicating that Allawi is "Candidate for the presidency" ...

luckylucy

"Candidate for the presidency of the Iraqi government calls for removing his country from Chapter VII of the end of internationalization.

Middle East Online

Baghdad, Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi Wednesday to Washington and the United Nations is responsible for "repair what can be repaired before the withdrawal," adding that his country is subject to internationalization since the early nineties. ..............."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's the first several lines of the article ... I agree with a few others about calling Allawi "PM" ... as a courtesy. Interestingly, the article also has the caption under his photo indicating that Allawi is "Candidate for the presidency" ...

luckylucy

"Candidate for the presidency of the Iraqi government calls for removing his country from Chapter VII of the end of internationalization.

Middle East Online

Baghdad, Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi Wednesday to Washington and the United Nations is responsible for "repair what can be repaired before the withdrawal," adding that his country is subject to internationalization since the early nineties. ..............."

I agree with luckylucy...but I'm keeping the faith a praying for a chance to make difference!

• Upvote 1

I agree with the logic of what everyones saying that if it's not announced, it's not real.

However, this is Iraq. They do things differently. Let's just say that I wouldn't be totally shocked if Monday I found out they had met and it was decided. Over there it's way easier to keep things from the press I suspect.

Talabani did announce it was his right to form the GOI.

Let's hope this is it.

• Upvote 1

Maybe everyone should read the entire post. It says at the bottom how attempts to form a government have been fruitless. I would love to say it is official and he is the new PM, but I believe he is retaining his title. And of course it says outgoing PM Maliki, his term is over until reelected.

Has anyone noticed that in some articles that came out today that they are naming A the prime minister already? Just wondering if Parliment is already decided. Here's a link from one today.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ar%7Cen&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php%3Fid%3D2862&prev=/language_tools&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjZ0Uu28EEMj7FhtzSjwwLJWlkVEQ

This is good, very good. Nouri Al Maliki seems to be keeping things in chaos so he can continue to steal from his countrymen. Glad to see he is out...he is the enemy... I would like to send him out in the street without his security detail and watch the show...get your popcorn ready...continue the beating until moral improves or the electricity is back on...lol. With Maliki out, things will pick up speed!! Go RV...GO!!

Edited by PBR st GANG

No one is the NEW prime minister yet....thats how they refer to Allawi and they have refered Maliki in the same manner....its just how its written and translated....they dont even have the candidates for the new PM chosen yet....could still be weeks before we know who the NEW prime minister will be....