Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Turkey Invaded Iraq, Bombs Kurdistan, Targets PKK

divemaster5734

We really need to rethink Turkey's NATO membership.

Turkey, what an ironic name.....DM

TURKEY INVADES IRAQ, IRAQ DEMANDS UN ACT
Published: December 12, 2015
Share | Print This 

LV_BANNER11.jpg

BAGHDAD, IRAQ (TFC) – TURKEY’S GOVERNMENT HAS HAD FORCES IN IRAQ UNDER THE GUISE OF TRAINING LOCAL SUNNIS TO FIGHT AGAINST TERRORISM. RECENTLY, THE TURKISH GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN BOMBING KURDISH POSITIONS INSIDE IRAQ AND HAS BEGAN A FORCE BUILDUP WITHIN THE WAR-TORN COUNTRY. THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT, SEEING THE WRITING ON THE WALL, HAS DEMANDED THE TROOPS BE PULLED OUT OF THEIR NATION.

The Iraqi government used tough language indicating that it has tried to resolve the situation peacefully with no success. It is now demanding that UN stop what it calls a “flagrant violation of the provisions and principles of the UN charter and in violation of the sanctity of Iraqi territory.” Turkey’s leader has stated the country has no plans to remove the troops.

Understand the propaganda: Turkey is a member of NATO. Western media outlets will attempt to cast this as the Turkish government stepping up the fight against the Islamic State. There is nothing in the actions of the Turkish military to suggest this. In fact, less than 72 hours ago Turkish warplanes were bombing in Iraq. The attacks were targeting the Kurds, not the Islamic State.

Understanding the importance: Despite all propaganda to the contrary, Iraq is a failed state. The only governing body that retains any tangible control is the Kurdish Regional Government in the northern part of the country. The national Iraqi military is combat ineffective. Numerous think tanks have predicted the breakup of Iraq. It is very likely that Baghdad sees the Turkish move as an attempt to position itself for what seems to be inevitable dissolution of the country.

3441954944_d9fd113f78_z-1-300x200.jpg

Image Source: The U.S. Army, Flickr, Creative Commons
‘Cheese’ charges

Erdogan, Turkey’s leader, has repeatedly been accused of attempting to reestablish his nation as an imperial power. With Syria in disarray, now would be the opportune time for Turkey to initiate its plans for resurrecting the Ottoman Empire. It seems as though the starting point for this new empire is northern Iraq. This is the only possible explanation for the Turkish military’s attacks on Kurdish forces inside of Iraq. The Kurds are the only fighting force standing between the Islamic State and Turkey. The Turkish strategy seems to be to degrade Iraq’s last functioning and effective government before claiming it has been forced to move into the area to protect themselves from the threat of the Islamic State.

A small area of control inside Iraq places some of the territories of Syria that Turkey would like to reclaim in between two Turkish forces. While the plan to establish a pocket of Turkish control inside of Iraq may seem sound on paper, it doesn’t address the realities on the ground. Looking at a map of the Middle East, yes, it appears the move would open a two-front war for Syria when the times comes for a territory grab. The problem is that the Syrian government doesn’t really control the territory any more than Baghdad controls Mosul. Almost all of the territory in the immediate vicinity, on both the Syrian and Iraqi sides of the border, are controlled by the Kurds. Given Turkish treatment of Kurds already within their borders, Syrian and Iraqi Kurds would never surrender to Turkish forces.

While the West continues pumping arms and money into the region, the stage is being set for an ever-widen regional conflict.

Another:

Kurdistan
Turkish jets resume bombing PKK in Kurdistan, hit bases in Zakho

• Upvote 3

Wow Turkey is pissing everyone off these days. First they shoot down a Russian SU-26 then they perform bombing runs against the Kurds? Seems like what they are saying in the above article are true.

This quote from the article is interesting:

"The Turkish strategy seems to be to degrade Iraq’s last functioning and effective government before claiming it has been forced to move into the area to protect themselves from the threat of the Islamic State."

Guess Baghdad's government is really not functioning nor effective. Which seems to be the case. Could it be that; I've been looking at the wrong government all this time?

Does the power really reside with the Kurds?

This article really sheds new light and raises new questions on who is really in control in Iraq?

• Upvote 1

Like I said in another post about delays in laws,

You got Turkey who wants to Ottoman Empire back (helping isis do it) and you got Iran's who wants the Persian Empire back.  Go figure.  I guess they read a different book and don't know how the story ends.  

All I could say from the man/God himself:  My people parish for lack of knowledge.

• Upvote 3

Wow Turkey is pissing everyone off these days. First they shoot down a Russian SU-26 then they perform bombing runs against the Kurds? Seems like what they are saying in the above article are true.

This quote from the article is interesting:

"The Turkish strategy seems to be to degrade Iraq’s last functioning and effective government before claiming it has been forced to move into the area to protect themselves from the threat of the Islamic State."

Guess Baghdad's government is really not functioning nor effective. Which seems to be the case. Could it be that; I've been looking at the wrong government all this time?

This article really sheds new light and raises new questions on who is really in control in Iraq?

NO! Blowing everything up is not helping either mankind or the environment!

Thank you for your comments dj as always thoughtful and honest.

The world is getting close to knowing where Power resides.

And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah. ASV (Ezekiel 38:23)

Edited by Fly
  • Upvote 3

The world is getting close to knowing where Power resides.

And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah. ASV (Ezekiel 38:23)

Agreed.

One way or the other, that end will be faced by all, but in reality, is only a new beginning.

• Upvote 2

Divemaster and Fly, I think I hear what you are saying. I am just not sure.Are you suggesting that war can and should be planned with environmental considerations first and foremost. If so I vehemently disagree. Committing to such a Obama plan will tell our potential enemy how we will and won't prosecute a war against them. In war you cannot tell the opponent what you will and won't do. You must keep them guessing. Guessing all the time. Else you will never be able to launch a Surprise Attack. War requires rules of engagement that doesn't prevent operational e#ectiveness. War cannot be fought via peace time rules.

• Upvote 2

Divemaster and Fly, I think I hear what you are saying. I am just not sure.Are you suggesting that war can and should be planned with environmental considerations first and foremost. If so I vehemently disagree. Committing to such a Obama plan will tell our potential enemy how we will and won't prosecute a war against them. In war you cannot tell the opponent what you will and won't do. You must keep them guessing. Guessing all the time. Else you will never be able to launch a Surprise Attack. War requires rules of engagement that doesn't prevent operational e#ectiveness. War cannot be fought via peace time rules.

I don't know how I came across as some sort of environmentalist.

Those folks are just islamic terrorists that havent started killing people yet.

My agreement with Fly was only that in the end, each man will face God and answer for his life on earth.

I disagree with Fly on other issues, but that does not take away from the fact both he and I worship Jesus Christ as God.

That's OK, humans are allowed to disagree, but if push came to shove, and America was thrown into a civil war with extremist Muslims, I would in fact stand shoulder to shoulder to fight with all that stood up for individual freedom.

Have no idea where that meant I would be willing to broadcast to enemies my attack plans, or environmental concerns.

Global warming was a hoax from the start.

Just more wealth distribution.

All 150 3rd world countries can demand all they want, I don't care.

The whole "summit" was nothing more than a lot of people demanding America give them more money.

Most of them had signs "rich countries, do your fair share".

They can kiss my butt.

• Upvote 1

Kevin,

I’m not being clear, not hopping to be confusing either. `No! ΄ is for; Kurds are not in control of the Middle East, seems its NATO allies. And `Blowing everything up΄ was to spite (to me anyway) the hypocritical word leaders pairs climate change conference; when people coming home from where everything is being blown up sick and dealing with dying from a multitude of degenerative disorders cancer radiation and blood issues, not to mention those dead dying and suffering from the destruction, I get the feeling it’s not good for the environment which obviously is not truly their top concern, its only for their own selfish prideful agenda, but for the good of all mankind, of course.

`They΄ create the problem call it whatever scares (confuses) you the most– reaction is the intended (controlled) response, it just happens to be religion on a global scale– to be hence coming a solution, uniting the nations in agreement, one world freedom tower (Babylon) or as a people united `antichrist΄ or `the antichrist΄.

The world empire of false religion through power of suggestion seeds have been sown.

DM

My agreement with Fly was only that in the end, each man will face God and answer for his life on earth.

I'm sure what you are referring to is a resurrection to life on earth during the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ. See 9. Death. click on; a resurrection. – scroll down to the subheading; When will the resurrection take place?

The scripture Ezekiel 38:23 refers to Jehovah sanctify his name and making it know to all nations that it’s his righteous judgment that’s being carried out, just before God wipes them out of existence, ‘they will be made to know that he is Jehovah. "And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah." ASV (Ezekiel 38:23)  

I disagree with Fly on other issues, but that does not take away from the fact both he and I worship Jesus Christ as God.

I appreciate your response, although this is not true, that I worship Jesus Christ as God.

see 1. God.

What you think of as a `new beginning  I view as `the real life΄ meaning that this, is `not the real life΄, but Satan’s rebellion (challenge) against Gods Sovereignty (Gods right to rule over his creation), which in the `beginning΄ the first human parents joined in said rebellion, losing the prospect of `everlasting life΄, that can be attested to by all of mankind ever since as all grow old and die.

Mankind has already had a beginning, God could have destroyed Satan and the human rebellions then and completely started over, but lovingly and wisely choose not to, as much more is at stake here, spirit beings are involved as well, would God’s might (Power) prove that he is right? The answer is no. With God’s loving patients his rightful Sovereignty will be proven. Loving provision's have been made by God through the ransom sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ (Anointed One) so his original purpose for the earth and mankind will not be thwarted either. Once and for all time settling the issue raised by Satan, is it right that God is sovereign ruler over mankind.

What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/

As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we strive to adhere to the form of Christianity that Jesus taught and that his apostles practiced. This article summarizes our basic beliefs.

1. God. We worship the one true and Almighty God, the Creator, whose name is Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18; Revelation 4:11) He is the God of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.—Exodus 3:6; 32:11; John 20:17.
  2. Bible. We recognize the Bible as God’s inspired message to humans. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16) We base our beliefs on all 66 of its books, which include both the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament.” Professor Jason D. BeDuhn aptly described it when he wrote that Jehovah’s Witnesses built “their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” *

While we accept the entire Bible, we are not fundamentalists. We recognize that parts of the Bible are written in figurative or symbolic language and are not to be understood literally.—Revelation 1:1.

1. Jesus. We follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ and honor him as our Savior and as the Son of God. (Matthew 20:28; Acts 5:31) Thus, we are Christians. (Acts 11:26) However, we have learned from the Bible that Jesus is not Almighty God and that there is no Scriptural basis for the Trinity doctrine.—John 14:28.
  2. The Kingdom of God. This is a real government in heaven, not a condition in the hearts of Christians. It will replace human governments and accomplish God’s purpose for the earth. (Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9, 10) It will take these actions soon, for Bible prophecy indicates that we are living in “the last days.”—2 Timothy 3:1-5; Matthew 24:3-14.

Jesus is the King of God’s Kingdom in heaven. He began ruling in 1914.—Revelation 11:15.

1. Salvation. Deliverance from sin and death is possible through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus. (Matthew 20:28; Acts 4:12) To benefit from that sacrifice, people must not only exercise faith in Jesus but also change their course of life and get baptized. (Matthew 28:19, 20; John 3:16; Acts 3:19, 20) A person’s works prove that his faith is alive. (James 2:24, 26) However, salvation cannot be earned—it comes through “the undeserved kindness of God.”—Galatians 2:16, 21.
  2. Heaven. Jehovah God, Jesus Christ, and the faithful angels reside in the spirit realm. * (Psalm 103:19-21; Acts 7:55) A relatively small number of people—144,000—will be resurrected to life in heaven to rule with Jesus in the Kingdom.—Daniel 7:27; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3.
  3. Earth. God created the earth to be mankind’s eternal home. (Psalm 104:5; 115:16; Ecclesiastes 1:4) God will bless obedient people with perfect health and everlasting life in an earthly paradise.—Psalm 37:11, 34.
  4. Evil and suffering. These began when one of God’s angels rebelled. (John 8:44) This angel, who after his rebellion was called “Satan” and “Devil,” persuaded the first human couple to join him, and the consequences have been disastrous for their descendants. (Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 5:12) In order to settle the moral issues raised by Satan, God has allowed evil and suffering, but He will not permit them to continue forever.
  5. Death. People who die pass out of existence. (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) They do not suffer in a fiery hell of torment.

God will bring billions back from death by means of a resurrection. (Acts 24:15) However, those who refuse to learn God’s ways after being raised to life will be destroyed forever with no hope of a resurrection.—Revelation 20:14, 15.

1.  Family. We adhere to God’s original standard of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, with sexual immorality being the only valid basis for divorce. (Matthew 19:4-9) We are convinced that the wisdom found in the Bible helps families to succeed.—Ephesians 5:22–6:1.
  2. Our worship. We do not venerate the cross or any other images. (Deuteronomy 4:15-19; 1 John 5:21) Key aspects of our worship include the following:

1. Our organization. We are organized into congregations, each of which is overseen by a body of elders. However, the elders do not form a clergy class, and they are unsalaried. (Matthew 10:8; 23:8) We do not practice tithing, and no collections are ever taken at our meetings. (2 Corinthians 9:7) All our activities are supported by anonymous donations.

The Governing Body, a small group of mature Christians who serve at our world headquarters, provides direction for Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.—Matthew 24:45.

1. Our unity. We are globally united in our beliefs. (1 Corinthians 1:10) We also work hard to have no social, ethnic, racial, or class divisions. (Acts 10:34, 35; James 2:4) Our unity allows for personal choice, though. Each Witness makes decisions in harmony with his or her own Bible-trained conscience.—Romans 14:1-4; Hebrews 5:14.
  2. Our conduct. We strive to show unselfish love in all our actions. (John 13:34, 35) We avoid practices that displease God, including the misuse of blood by taking blood transfusions. (Acts 15:28, 29; Galatians 5:19-21) We are peaceful and do not participate in warfare. (Matthew 5:9; Isaiah 2:4) We respect the government where we live and obey its laws as long as these do not call on us to disobey God’s laws.—Matthew 22:21; Acts 5:29.
  3. Our relationships with others. Jesus commanded: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” He also said that Christians “are no part of the world.” (Matthew 22:39; John 17:16) So we try to “work what is good toward all,” yet we remain strictly neutral in political affairs and avoid affiliation with other religions. (Galatians 6:10; 2 Corinthians 6:14) However, we respect the choices that others make in such matters.—Romans 14:12.