Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Forex ATM Launched

Shahr Bank has installed a foreign currency exchange automated teller machine in Mashhad’s Hasheminejad International Airport. The machine is developed by Pouya Company that specializes in banking and payment solutions, Way2Pay.ir reported on Wednesday. The ATM allows tourists to exchange foreign currencies into Iranian rial at the market rate. Shahr Bank is owned by municipalities across the country.

• Upvote 2

http://www.harveymilton.com/2619/

In a decision reported earlier this month, policy makers allowed commercial lenders to buy foreign currencies using rial rates set by the market rather than those dictated by the central bank. Akbar Komijani, a deputy governor, said the regulator will be “responsible for this market and will guide it.”

• Upvote 1

In a decision reported earlier this month, policy makers allowed commercial lenders to buy foreign currencies using rial rates set by the market rather than those dictated by the central bank. Akbar Komijani, a deputy governor, said the regulator will be “responsible for this market and will guide it.”

3 hours ago, screwball said:

I'm ready for the market to turn. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Ohhhh, here's something I've stumbled upon while having my morning coffee (shared this details in another currency thread)....yup! :reading-newspaper:

"Over 40 currencies available for online exchange from October"

Check it out: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160824000966

Screwball, keep the news coming bro! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, screwball said:

"Rouhani last month underscored the need for Iran to move toward unification. Days later, Central Bank Governor Valiollah Seif, who had announced plans to adopt a single rate within months following the January implementation of the nuclear deal, said the policy would be in place before the end of the Iranian year in March 2017." :twothumbs:

Expected date is March 20, 2017.........Keeping the faith!!! :praying:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, screwball said:
KEB Hana Bank for Expats

KEB Hana Bank for Expats Scott, So that we understand you: Are you referring to whether our branches will accept the Iranian rial banknotes as a cash-currency in exchange for Korean won? - KEB Hana Facebook Team
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Waing on a response

The head honchos of this bank and others behind closed doors, definitely knows what's coming.  :peace:

Keeping the faith!! :praying:

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

Ohhhh, here's something I've stumbled upon while having my morning coffee (shared this details in another currency thread)....yup! :reading-newspaper:

"Over 40 currencies available for online exchange from October"

Check it out: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160824000966

Screwball, keep the news coming bro! :twothumbs:

:twothumbs::bravo:. Excellent find! Good to,see,others posting articles!

we are on the hunt!

• Upvote 1

[THE INVESTOR] South Korea’s foreign exchange reserves rose slightly from a month earlier, central bank data showed on Sept. 5.

As of the end of August, the country’s forex reserves came to US$375.46 billion, up $4.08 billion from the previous month, the Bank of Korea said in a statement.

Forex reserves consist of securities and deposits denominated in overseas currencies, as well as International Monetary Fund reserve positions, special drawing rights and gold bullion.

The country’s reserve positions at the IMF stood at $1.81 billion as of the end of August, compared with $1.8 billion a month earlier.

Holdings in gold bullion remained unchanged at $4.79 billion during the same period, the statement said.

Meanwhile, the BOK said South Korea was the world’s seventh-largest holder of forex reserves as of end-July, following China, Japan, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan and Russia, in that order.

(theinvestor@heraldcorp.com)

I read through the US Department Of Security' website today. 

If you're a US citizen you can exchange Rial as long as you go through another countries bank and you can't exchange Rial directly for USD. You have to exchange the Rial for another countries currency and then convert that countries currency into USD.

That's how i understood it. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, climber7 said:

VERY interesting article--informative.

My question goes to his last statement.........HOW do we 'prepare' for the dollars demise?  He states that we will have just as many dollars but they won't be worth much.

So do we then 'prepare' by buying and keeping foreign currencies instead of exchanging them now for dollars? 

BUMP

Hope you guys chime in and give your thoughts on this question.  Thanks!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, screwball said:

I am praying for october brother!:praying:

Keeping the faaaaaaaaaaith!!! :praying::praying::praying:

4 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

And I'm praying for a 1 to 1 rate!

A majority of the articles coming out had dearly expressed the rial will indeed by in the single rate range!!

10 minutes ago, gregp said:

If you're a US citizen you can exchange Rial as long as you go through another countries bank and you can't exchange Rial directly for USD. You have to exchange the Rial for another countries currency and then convert that countries currency into USD.

That's how I've come to accept it, I'll be having my bags packed and ready to head up either Canada, Dubai or still even Kish Island!!

8 minutes ago, gregp said:

Screwball and Freedomwish i crapped my pants after reading your threads!:o

Have those baby wipes ready!!  The $#!t is really gonna hit the fan supposedly starting next month!!! :twothumbs:

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, climber7 said:

BUMP

Hope you guys chime in and give your thoughts on this question.  Thanks!

Climber,

Should everything work out in our favor and we do indeed become millionaires, I'll leave some in Euro, Yuan and into some precious metals....just my current thoughts while I'm keeping the faaaaaaaaaaith!!! :praying::praying::praying:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gregp said:

Greg thanks for the heads up on this!  Looks like next month might make for a nice trip to see Niagra Falls Canada!