Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vatican: ‘Homosexuals have gifts and qualities to offer Christians’

umbertino

The moral dictates of the law are still valid and binding for today. As are the commands for mercy, love, kindness, etc.  What remains are the basis of living in holiness. All of those necessary are repeated in the NT.   What has become obsolete (Jer 31-31ff. also Heb. 8 to 10) are the elements of the law, prophets, and psalms which are related to the priesthood, ceremonial system, and laws that pertained to the fulfilled promises to nation Israel.    

The Romans passage quoted is related to the moral laws that are repeated in the NT.  Law that are written for the unrighteous (1Tim 1:5-11).  

Hate? Who said anything about hate?

Disapprove - YES. Think it's a sin - YES.................................. :)

Your homosexual written article holds no water! I am talking about "FACTS". 

Or

Are you going to tell me that members of the chruch were innocent? They just paid the law suits because they were generous? LOL

I did not think so!

If you have a son and he is in the boy scouts - are you 100% comfortable with him having a scout leader who is homosexual? I thought so! ;)

http://stopabusecampaign.com/feature/most-sex-abusers-are-heterosexual

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/18/903178/-Gays-are-pedophiles-No-Here-s-the-proof#

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

I know I am going to get negged but what equates homosexuality with pedophile?  I am a hetrosexual woman. I do not find young boys attractive to me in a sexual way. Why would a homosexual person find someone of the same sex attractive in that way if that said person was a child?  Pedophilia is not a homosexual entity or hetrosexual entity. Pedophiles can be man/girl, woman/boy, man/boy, woman/girl.  It's sick. I also have friends who are homosexual and yes I would trust my young son with them about as much as I would trust him with a man who is hetrosexual.  That being said...I don't trust any man completely with my son or any adult really with my children.  I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle in any way but that does not mean I do not love and care about my friends and understand that they are members of society who have a lot to offer.

• Upvote 2

Umbertino, you understand that it is not just homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, it is just human beings we are talking about.  Sinful behavior and illegal behavior  are two different things or they can be both. Pedophilia is both.  Homosexual activity is morally wrong but can be legal in some areas, but it is always morally wrong.  Sex abuse is morally wrong and illegal.  It does not matter what sexual orientation the person claims to be it is still both morally wrong and illegal.  

One's sexual preference is a choice of that person. When one makes a choice to have sex outside the marriage relationship, they have made an immoral and sinful choice.  When one makes a choice to have a sexual partner in or our of a married relationship, that choice is morally wrong.  It may be legal, but it is wrong.  It is the same as an unmarried couple having sex outside of marriage.  It is morally wrong.  

Everyone can make the choice of what they are going to do or not do.  That is the reason that they need to come to know Jesus Christ as Savior.  The desires of the flesh are still strong within them, but they have another power directing and encouraging them to make the correct moral decision.  Without that power of Christ within, then the chances are that person will eventually make the wrong decision and allow themselves to be drawn into sinful activity.  

Yes, abuse can happen no matter what the orientation.  But the person submitting to Christ has a Helper to assist them in making the right decision and reject the idea of perversion, deviation, and abuse.

I just pray that individuals come to Christ and avoid the rush to judgment.  Every person can change.  It is a choice.   

I know I am going to get negged but what equates homosexuality with pedophile?  I am a hetrosexual woman. I do not find young boys attractive to me in a sexual way. Why would a homosexual person find someone of the same sex attractive in that way if that said person was a child?  Pedophilia is not a homosexual entity or hetrosexual entity. Pedophiles can be man/girl, woman/boy, man/boy, woman/girl.  It's sick. I also have friends who are homosexual and yes I would trust my young son with them about as much as I would trust him with a man who is hetrosexual.  That being said...I don't trust any man completely with my son or any adult really with my children.  I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle in any way but that does not mean I do not love and care about my friends and understand that they are members of society who have a lot to offer.

You beat me to the post.  I agree.  Thanks.  

We will both get negged.  

• Upvote 2

You make good points, FNP.  Many people will fall back on Christian teachings and rightly so, but many also suffer from homophobia.  And with any "phobia", the mind does crazy things.  Homosexuality and pedophilia are in no way more interconnected than heterosexuality and pedophilia.  Fear is fear.  And many people will lash out as a defense mechanism.  As always, just my opinion.  Lets you and me share those incoming negs.   :peace:  

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1

Who is to say that the law about homosexuality wasn't done away with as well?  How is it immoral?  Honestly, it's only immoral if you believe it is.  

And gymrat, I'll ask again.  Why?  Last time I checked, homosexuality =/= pedophilia.  

Aww how soon some forget, the whole outrage at the last Olympics was because homos (g.a.y. isn't allowed here) couldn't give their homo propaganda BS to ..................... ding ding ding ............... MINORS!!!!  That would, at least to any intelligent person, link them to ............. ding ding ding........... we have a winner.......... pedophilia!

It's all over the Bible how it's immoral Yukon, but besides that if God intended it to be that way he would have given the homosexuals a way to reproduce, he didn't, I'd guess for a good reason.  I for one don't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms but I'm SOOOO sick of having the g.a.y. crap (no pun intended) agenda thrown in our faces every chance they get, the Olympics was the final straw, pathetic.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 2

Here's my wisdom: I am a parent, granted my son is now grown, but my grandson is NOT.

I do not want a homosexual as his teacher, scout leader, or any position of authority where he might be alone with my grandson!

I have co-workers/friends (not close friends)/ one family member who are homosexual. I do not hate homosexuals & think that whatever they decide to do with their own lives behind closed doors is strictly their business. I accept them but trust - NO! Except for my brother whom I know & trust loves my grandson!

Agreed.  I don't want their crap being preached to my kids that it's ........... normal ............ either, because it isn't. Same as in the BSA, these kids should have no idea what a homosexual even is in grade school.  As far as what consenting adults, 18 and over, do in their own lives is their business.  But what do you think would happen to a straight person handing out flyers about straight sex to kids on a playground?  If you guessed he/she would be arrested IF they were lucky, and strung up or beaten to death by parents if they weren't, you would be correct, same should go for the rainbow brigade, but to many people are to terrified of not being politically correct to do the right thing in this country and it's going to hell in a hurry because of it!!

• Upvote 2

"And gymrat, I'll ask again.  Why?  Last time I checked, homosexuality =/= pedophilia."

You have a serious problem! Simply because I disapprove of the LBGT lifestyle you label me?

I have seen this many times before! Because I disapprove you want me to hate you! LOL You have this label that you hang on everyone who disapproves of your lifestyle and pretend that you can judge me?

Live life anyway you choice! What you do at your home is your business!

Yes, I believe it is immoral! Yes, I believe it it wrong! I have that right to say for myself what I believe! You can not take that away!

Do I hate you? No

Do I want you associated with my children? Heck No. I do not trust you! In large part due to the actions, of granted, a few bad apples! Does every homosexual seek out children? No, I am sure that this is not true! BUT I am not prepared to take that chance! Sorry!

• Upvote 3

Gymbo, you walked right into this one, hook, line, and sinker!!! You hater you!!! j/k :peace: I'm sure Yuk has a good lashing coming for ya!!   The only reason the g.a.y. community tries to stir the hate up with straight people is because they want to, no check that, they HAVE to play the victim card, or their cause loses all notability, it's not newsworthy, so they resort to the "Oh poor me" syndrome.  In their own minds and hearts they know it's wrong, that's why they try so hard to convince everyone else that it's normal, must suck to go thru life with such an overwhelming chip of guilt on one's shoulder.  I don't hate them either, like I said I'm just tired of listening to their BS sales pitch trying to convince everyone else they are normal and we are not because we have morals!!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

Its not a natural act Period. 

So I do not want these unnatural things  taught to my grandchildren.

I go out of the way to mind my own business

thats the best way.

But I wont accept it as normal

nor will I accept that 2 people of the same sex can truly be married.

• Upvote 1

You need to know how to interpret the Bible, Yukon.  Not everything said in the Bible was to be observed or obeyed by us today.  It is not that kind of book.  Much of the Old Testament laws are regulations are not for Christians.  Today we are under a new covenant, written in the heart and not on stone/or anything else.  But the moral teaching of the Bible is still binding. The person who has sex outside of marriage, the thief, the adulterers, the idolaters, the homosexuals, the drunkards have no part in the kingdom of God.  In other words, one must come to the righteousness as found in Jesus Christ for salvation from those sins (and many  others).  When one lives like Christ Jesus and walks the way the Spirit of God wants us to go, then those sins begin to decline as on puts them aside. Or as Paul says, those things died when we died with Christ as we repented and were baptized.  Now, we no longer live in those sins.   

To say that you either believe it all, or none of it, is partially true.  I "believe" all the Bible as the word of God, it is true.  However, not all of it was meant for us to do or obey.  For example, I am no longer to offer animal sacrifices, or go to the temple to the priests, or keep the feast days or the Sabbath days, and a hundred other things.  Much of the Old Testament was to give the Jews people a way to live as they were preparing the way for the Messiah.  The Messiah has arrived, Jesus Christ.  All salvation is only through Him.  Those things of the Old Law have been done away, have become obsolete, and have been done away with; they are good for our learning and to give us some good information about the past, but not for us to do and obey.  

What you said about the Feast Days and Sabbath Days is a Lie and you are of your father the devil...

1John 2:3-6

3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of YHWH is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What you said about the Feast Days and Sabbath Days is a Lie and you are of your father the devil...

1John 2:3-6

3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of YHWH is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

I'm sorry that upset you Snatcher.  You have made a statement about my post. Now I would ask for biblical proof of your accusation.  Can you give me that proof?

"And gymrat, I'll ask again.  Why?  Last time I checked, homosexuality =/= pedophilia."

You have a serious problem! Simply because I disapprove of the LBGT lifestyle you label me?

I have seen this many times before! Because I disapprove you want me to hate you! LOL You have this label that you hang on everyone who disapproves of your lifestyle and pretend that you can judge me?

Live life anyway you choice! What you do at your home is your business!

Yes, I believe it is immoral! Yes, I believe it it wrong! I have that right to say for myself what I believe! You can not take that away!

Do I hate you? No

Do I want you associated with my children? Heck No. I do not trust you! In large part due to the actions, of granted, a few bad apples! Does every homosexual seek out children? No, I am sure that this is not true! BUT I am not prepared to take that chance! Sorry!

Who says I'm homosexual?  Now who's the one making judgement calls?  That would be like me saying that I don't want you near my daughter because you're attracted to females.  See how silly that sounds?  And I don't see how asking a question is labeling you, but apparently you have a fetish for conflict.  I don't see why it warrants you saying that I have a problem like some deranged psychopath.  If you really believe what you say, you wouldn't be so quick to back away and just degrade me for thinking differently.  

• Upvote 2