Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ted Cruz to Eric Holder: Appoint Prosecutor for IRS Scandal or Face Impeachment

Ted Cruz to Eric Holder: Appoint Prosecutor for IRS Scandal or Face Impeachment

June 26, 2014 By Greg Campbell

ZHolder2.jpg
On Thursday, Tea Party Senator Ted Cruz called for the impeachment of Attorney General Eric Holder if he refuses to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS’ targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups.

Sen. Cruz called for unanimous consent to demand that the Department of Justice (DOJ) appoint a prosecutor to investigate the IRS scandal, the years-long campaign of harassment aimed at suppressing Tea Party influence in politics by delaying tax-exempt status to nonprofits by requiring the submission of multiple invasive questionnaires and information that far surpassed any reasonable requests for tax-exempt considerations. 
The constitutional scholar-turned senator claimed that should Holder refuse to appoint a special prosecutor, the Attorney General’s crime would make him guilty of a high crime or misdemeanor, which would allow for his impeachment.
“Americans need a guarantee that the IRS will never be used again to target an Administration’s political enemies,” Sen. Cruz said. “It saddens me that there is not one Democrat in this body who has had the courage to stand up to his or her own party and say that using the IRS to target citizens for their political beliefs is wrong. We need a special prosecutor with meaningful independence to make sure justice is served and our constitutional rights to free speech, assembly, and privacy are protected.”

“If Attorney General Eric Holder does not appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS,” Cruz added, “the House should use its power to impeach him. Impeding justice is intolerable and he should not be permitted to refuse the American people a true investigation into the actions of those who used the machinery of government to target, intimate, and silence them for politically driven reasons.” 

A press release from Sen. Cruz’s office concluded, 
On Wednesday, TPNN reported that the IRS scandal includes the targeting of more than Tea Party citizens, but that Lois Lerner, the head of the department at the center of the scandal, had called for an IRS investigation into conservative Senator Chuck Grassley after obtaining an invitation meant for Grassley to a speaking event.
The failure to fully investigate and prosecute individuals for the illegal targeting of political organizations is just one of many offenses committed by Attorney General Holder. While he has been Attorney General:

DOJ was at the center of the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal that led to the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent. The House of Representatives voted him in contempt of Congress two years ago.

DOJ has refused to enforce federal immigration laws, federal healthcare laws, federal welfare laws, and federal drug laws as written by Congress.

DOJ attempted to bring the 9/11 terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to Manhattan to be tried on U.S. soil.

DOJ gave the Obama Administration the green light to transfer detainees from Guantanamo Bay without giving proper notice to Congress.

DOJ helped secretly obtain the phone records of journalists at Fox News and the Associated Press. 

• Upvote 2

Cruz is in on the game. He would have already done something if he really cared. Just another blow hard looking to get re-elected.

Nothing anyone ever does is okay with you is it! Ted Cruz is the best thing that has ever happened to our political system. He has put his career and reputation on the line over and over again in an effort to stop the total disintegration of our country. It is what he was elected to do by a landslide. Why don't you tell us what he should have already done since you seem to be so knowledgeable.

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 8

Ted Cruz is the best thing that has ever happened to our political system.

Funny, I thought that The Constitution, no longer followed by either party, was the best thing that ever happened to our political system.

Seriously, just look at the silly statement you made. Talk about being uninformed.

Holder = Inept ...

And crooked.

• Downvote 6

Funny, I thought that The Constitution, no longer followed by either party, was the best thing that ever happened to our political system.

Seriously, just look at the silly statement you made. Talk about being uninformed.

And crooked.

You're PATHETIC. 

I'd slap you if I could. 

I promised not to act like this anymore, but you have absolutely no respect for

anyone. 

You're PATHETIC.

I'd slap you if I could.

Pathetic? Not one little bit.

Arrogant? Yep. Abrasive? Definitely. Better informed than most here? With out a doubt.

I think we're all tired of words. Stop talking, and start doing.

Well said. Edited by flatdawg
  • Downvote 4

You're PATHETIC.

I'd slap you if I could.

I promised not to act like this anymore, but you have absolutely no respect for

anyone.

I'd hold him for ya if I could

Better informed than most here?

You don't have a lick of sense

Nothing anyone ever does is okay with you is it! Ted Cruz is the best thing that has ever happened to our political system. He has put his career and reputation on the line over and over again in an effort to stop the total disintegration of our country. It is what he was elected to do by a landslide. Why don't you tell us what he should have already done since you seem to be so knowledgeable.

:cowboy2:

Granny you are 100% correct

Ted Cruz didn't have to move into politics it was his choice to try to put those liars on the spot I front of American citizens

Let them answer to the the people

And they run and hide and lie even more but he doesn't stop he chases them down lassos them and drags them back to town to face up to the townsmen

Ted Cruz is a great American hero

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Pathetic? Not one little bit.  :shakehead: 

Arrogant? Yep. Abrasive? Definitely. Better informed than most here? With out a doubt. I doubt that

I guess your Location..Quote...pretty much describe your...True...Location when your time here on Earth here ends...

Problem, master Yota, is when someone is so stupid that they don't know

thier stupid. The bible teaches us that to deny God makes one a fool. 

But it also gives the fool no reason to employ civility. Hence, he can justify

Himself for being rude and stupid. 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 1

Considering that I, unlike you, actually maintain a full time job and post in between

loads I suspect it was an oversight. But being that you're perfect I don't expect you

to understand. By the way, isn't it time for you to go get your welfare check? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Considering that I, unlike you, actually maintain a full time job and post in between

loads I suspect it was an oversight. But being that you're perfect I don't expect you

to understand. By the way, isn't it time for you to go get your welfare check?

Because I can post here most any time, I'm unemployed and collect welfare?

Driver, you just be under one of my loads. Make sure you get it there on time.

Washington makes a living pointing the finger at the "other" guy while making backrom deals to their benefit.

They are like roaches when you turn the kitchen lights on!

Meanwhile nothing good for the American people gets accomplished...............:)

Iraq modeled their government after ours:

The Shiite's are the Rep.......The Sunni's are the Dem. & the Kurds are the Independents.

Is it any wonder that the RV we are all waiting for can not get finished? :(