Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will you be worthless or priceless

Heavyduty053

I picked this story up and thought about it over and over last night and it kept running through my mind that if tomorrow is the start of our new beginning post RV then this might leave some encouragement fitting for us all.....By the way I would like to remain friends with as many of you as want to, if you will leave you email address or FB link on my profile we can stay in touch. For those who would rather not I would say it has been a blessing and I will offer this short prayer......May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you for all the good that you do forever more.....Amen

I'm sorry if this sounds like farewell but I was just thinking ahead that some will not be on here after today so just getting things in order just in case. Remember to leave me a link to get in touch if you care to.......Now here's the story.

I was driving my son to the sheltered workshop for the handicapped where he works a few days each week. My seventeen year old car was cruising along while the Spring sun shined down. The trees were budding and the flowers were popping forth along the side of the road. I looked over at my son who was humming along to a song on the radio. He turned his head, smiled and said, "I love you Daddy." I smiled back and said, "I love you too son".

The traffic light just turned yellow and I slowed to a stop. Suddenly, a gold Mercedes Benz screeched to a halt next to us. The driver was yelling into a cell phone and slammed his hand down on the steering wheel as he glared at the light. I could hear his distaste for the light slowing him down. "I don't have time for this, Come on, Come on lets go as if the light would obey him. After a minute the light changed and he sped away with a mad look on his face. That man I personally didn't know lived down the street from us in a mansion, yard manicured with maid and all. I drove on shaking my head and said a little prayer that one day he would realize the treasures of life is passing him by.

That miserable man in his shinny sports car had lived many years chasing the money trail like this and now that he had it, he still couldn't slow down and it reminded me again of the worthlessness that wealth can bring and the pricelessness of love and peace in the eyes of eternity. All his money hadn't put a smile on his face. his job pays him richly but adds more and more pressure. Everything his money has bought hasn't given him peace to enjoy them. All his wealth hadn't filled his heart with happiness or brought meaning to his life. He was trapped in a golden cage to no where and didn't even know it. He will pass through this life as a number with no trace, no meaning, no memories that anyone will hold dear for very long.

We are about to change our lives forever with what's coming. Please don't spend your life in pursuit of "FOOLS GOLD" worldly treasures that brings happiness only for a short while. All the money, all the vacations, all the treatment of VIP status is not going to last forever. God wants you to be happy, and yes he wants his children to prosper. To gain the whole world and lose your soul, you will have passed into an eternity without GOD there beside you. Be good stewards of your money, do good when you can, enjoy life. If you can find it in your heart to do this, along with your wealth, God will fill your heart with sunshine, smiles and sweet laughter. Don't be like the story above and make your life have no meaning, that is not what life is about.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Nice story.... Makes you realize how the love from and for your children, family and "normal" life is great, rather than as you say being trapped in the golden cage with nowhere to go... reading your story made me think of how it makes me feel when my sons say they love me... make the best of the time you have with your kids and family as that is the true meaning of happiness... as they say money cant buy you love... 

• Upvote 2

Ditto with Strolld2.

This has been an aggravating and educational experience, but hopefully it will soon come to a profitable end.

Thank you all for the knowledge, hysteria, comedy, fellowship, foolishness, comtempt and support thru out this endeavor.

Peace be with you all.

TP

• Upvote 1

Yes, we do get caught up in all this hype of RVing, and why not, our dreams are bigger than big.  Our hopes are riding on this.  It's our human nature to dream of big things for ourselves and family, but don't weaken yourself to the evil one and lose site of what God's plans are.  Pray unceasingly for not what you want, but rather for what God wants, and for some it will be hard, but persevere, God is with us. 

Heavy thank you for your awesome endurance of always coming to us with your wonderful stories.  I tip my hat to you :tiphat: and my prayers are with you always.   :praying: 

• Upvote 1