Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

hey, 10 years later i bought mine last year at wells fargo.  I paid around $35.00 a million. you might give them a call.

old timer

Thanks "old timer"  I'm out and about this afternoon . . . I'll look'em up. I see from a lot of sites it's $80 for a Mil but the buyvnd.com advertised on DV'ts sells a million for $67. WF does sound like it's worth a visit. Thanks agin

The flashing bank screens, its in the basket of currencies that are to rv and it will make everyone multi millionaires.. :lol:

hahahahaha  I hear ya man.

But hey I'm a believer I own about 30 mil.

I find them cheaper then  Zig-zags and they burn slower :)    

hahahahaha  I hear ya man.

But hey I'm a believer I own about 30 mil.

I find them cheaper then  Zig-zags and they burn slower :)    

I don't remember much of that era in my life.  "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" :shrug:

• Upvote 1

some people are lucky enough to have a bank nearby which sells it in which case you can probably pick it up for about 58 per million. for anyone who doesn't personally i find some good dealer on ebay around $70 per million. buyiraqidinarhere and dealorbuydinar are both the lowest dealers as far as i know at like 76 maybe 77

I just got off the phone with wells fargo and this is what I was told.

They're selling them but you now have to have an account with them in order to purchase them.

She also said that this rule applies to the dong because so many people are buying them.

They sell them for $57.00 per million.

She ask me why I was buying them and I told her as an investment. She gave me a little bit of an attitude 

and said that they did not condone this. (I thought why would she even care). She continued to explain that

this currency has gone no where in the last 10 years.She couldnt understand why people were buying 

it as an investment , that it wasnt worth it. She also said are they still taking about this as if people

were making a big deal over the dong revaluing . She was talking to me as if I were so stupid to be

buying into this whole thing.

Im kind of shocked, I didnt expect this kind of reaction.

Its hard to find information on the VD out there. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Thanks ....still searching :mellow:

• Upvote 2

hey, 10 years later i bought mine last year at wells fargo.  I paid around $35.00 a million. you might give them a call.

old timer

how long ago did you buy 35 seems really low even spot price is like 45 or a few bucks more if im not mistaken

I just got off the phone with wells fargo and this is what I was told.

They're selling them but you now have to have an account with them in order to purchase them.

She also said that this rule applies to the dong because so many people are buying them.

They sell them for $57.00 per million.

She ask me why I was buying them and I told her as an investment. She gave me a little bit of an attitude 

and said that they did not condone this. (I thought why would she even care). She continued to explain that

this currency has gone no where in the last 10 years.She couldnt understand why people were buying 

it as an investment , that it wasnt worth it. She also said are they still taking about this as if people

were making a big deal over the dong revaluing . She was talking to me as if I were so stupid to be

buying into this whole thing.

Im kind of shocked, I didnt expect this kind of reaction.

Its hard to find information on the VD out there. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Thanks ....still searching :mellow:

You know what's interesting, the reason Fifth Third Bank which was one of the handful of banks who at one time sold the Dinar stopped sellingthe Dinar was because everyone was telling them it was an investment and they frowned on that and that's the reasonthey stopped selling the Dinar.

What I personally think is pretty dumb. Who did they think was buying the Dinar? Sure maybe you sell it to service people going over there but really its not as if people are oging their for leisure or kids are going for spring break. Who did they think was comming in buying dinar besides speculators or investors?

As for the reason they care? I can only speculate but most banks are getting out of hte foreign exchange business. Most outsource through other companies or refer you to other currency exchanges. Banks don't make much if any money off currency exchange they do it as a service and convenience to their customers. If your going on vacation they are happy to get you some euros for your trip once or a few times a year. THey aren't however in the business of having you come in every week dropping $50 on dinar. It costs tehm money to order it, they dont make much on it. your more of a  yoburden to them than you are helping their business.

Also, technically you have to be registered with the SEC to sell investmetns so even though they aren't selling the currency as an investment if you are comming in telling them you are buying it as an investment that may just be a grey area they dont even want to get into.

The last reason I think they dont really like selling it as an investment is the customers buying dinar and dong can be annoying as hell. I have a few friends who work at banks and people call and stop in all day long asking if they are buying dong or dinar. When its going to revalue. Will they buy it in when it revalues. They wanna see the wealth management people who work at the bank because even though right now they only have $200 worth of dinar its gonna be worth 20 million by next tuesday.

The bankers for the most part think dinar and dong speculators are crazy and have no clue what they are talking about and no clue about finance. They view them as a headache.

Not trying to offend anyone just telling what I've heard from people I know who work at banks and field calls from people asking about the dong and dinar. Its one thing if someone calls and says hey do you sell dinar? No you don't, okay thanks anyway have a good day. But its not that simple, everyone wants to ask follow up questions about why they dont buy it. Will they in the future. Does the banker know anything about the currency, etc.

Kind of interesting Wells Fargo actually went as far as to make a youtube video saying we dont buy dinar and have no plans to in the future. Basically saying please dont even bother calling us to ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4raOvE9DoyU

Also, techincally

Edited by rulesforrebels

Thank you for your comments and your right banks are only interested in doing business not having their time wasted. (I worked in banking many years ago)

My concern is that I cant seem to find anything out there (articles) that explains why this would be a good investment.

I would love it if anyone had anything they could share on this topic.

I know Adam has a site about the VND but there is no info on it. Nobody really has anything intelligent to say about this,

everyones just making small talk back and forth and not saying much.

So if anyone out there has anything they could share it would be highly appreciated    :)

Thank you for your comments and your right banks are only interested in doing business not having their time wasted. (I worked in banking many years ago)

My concern is that I cant seem to find anything out there (articles) that explains why this would be a good investment.

I would love it if anyone had anything they could share on this topic.

I know Adam has a site about the VND but there is no info on it. Nobody really has anything intelligent to say about this,

everyones just making small talk back and forth and not saying much.

So if anyone out there has anything they could share it would be highly appreciated    :)

I agree I wish there was more info out there about the Dong. It seems many of us into the Dinar are interested in Dong as well but you don't hear nearly as much info and updates about the Dong and as you said Dongtalk has little if any activity going on there.

I guess maybe that's good in a way, I think 99% of the chatter going on about the dinar is pumers, guru, misinformation and just plain crap, you really have to sift through everything to find some good legit info.

For the Dong, I'm not super educated on teh topic but here's my reasons for liking the Dong. Many large companies are beginning to move to Vietnam as labor costs increase in China and India. Vietnam is still a good place to do business and has a low cost of labor and not many regulations. HP for example is opening alot of factories there as well as many other large companies.

I personally don't really believe in the concept of an RV or an overnight pop but if Vietnams ecnomy improves I could see the currency rising in value relatively quickly and steadily over time.

I Find this very encouraging news about the VND about a couple weeks old When and If the VND revalues the money you currently buy now will NOT be replaced.

Posted on 

April 30, 2013

The rumor that Vietnam will replace the current currency with a new one and issue banknotes with a new face value is a false one, Deputy Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Dao Minh Tu announced Monday.

The rumor about a new set of Vietnamese dong banknotes has been spread in the last few days, worrying many members of the public, Tu said.

“But the SBV has no policy to replace or make any changes to the national money being circulated,” Tu asserted.

“The Vietnamese dong value remains stable and the money circulation system remains appropriate,” he added.

Tu also confirmed that the SBV is not going to issue new banknotes with a VND1 million face value, as rumored.

“Hence, the public should remain calm and continue to use their money at ease,” he said.

The Vietnamese dong is currently circulated in the form of coins and banknotes.

The coins have denominations of 200, 500, 1,000, 2,000, and 5,000 dong, but the metal money is of little use as members of the public say it is of low value and easily drops out of pockets or becomes tarnished.

Banknotes have 12 face values, with the lowest of VND200 and the highest of VND500,000.

(US$1 = VND20,800)

Edited by easyrider