Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Duck has finally lost it.

Belecosity

Okay so given we're talking about surfing.....I went to our monthly neighborhood meeting Sunday afternoon and in this neighbors house he had 6 incredible antique, solid wood surf boards, pristine, incredible looking  hanging between the beams of his pitched ceiling... So thought I would pass on that decor tip to our lifeblood surfer people on DV.  :D

• Upvote 2

Okay so given we're talking about surfing.....I went to our monthly neighborhood meeting Sunday afternoon and in this neighbors house he had 6 incredible antique, solid wood surf boards, pristine, incredible looking  hanging between the beams of his pitched ceiling... So thought I would pass on that decor tip to our lifeblood surfer people on DV.  :D

Our guest bathroom has a beach theme, I wanted to buy a surfboard and cut it in half to hang behind the "head", but Mr KK said it would be sacrilegious! :shrug:

KK

Wishing him ( and you) the best.

Thanks, Burt!

KK

• Upvote 1

My guess this HOEDAD is trying to talk like a surfer, but FAILS! The only Gremmy in the post is him/herself. Should have your Howlie filter on to prevent further posting! .."1-6 footers.." What a joke.

I agree with you expat. Too many mans in that paragraph. 1 to 6 foot, bull$*!?. If he would have said 4 to 6, or 6 to 8, more believeable. I think he's watched one too many Patrick Swayze and Keanu movies. This year will be 44 years in the water, started in 69. I might not be able to cut the mustard anymore but I can still lick the jar. Still get the same thrill. Fl.'s best waves are when we get long period ground swells from a hurricaine about 200 miles off the coast, with some light offshores. I'm in surfer heaven. Go RV.

I agree with you expat. Too many mans in that paragraph. 1 to 6 foot, bull$*!?. If he would have said 4 to 6, or 6 to 8, more believeable. I think he's watched one too many Patrick Swayze and Keanu movies. This year will be 44 years in the water, started in 69. I might not be able to cut the mustard anymore but I can still lick the jar. Still get the same thrill. Fl.'s best waves are when we get long period ground swells from a hurricaine about 200 miles off the coast, with some light offshores. I'm in surfer heaven. Go RV.

Right on! I used to surf Melbourne and north areas. Drop into the "green room" if the swell was biggest enough. Never too old to surf-fer sure. I used to ride a 10 foot Bunger,(had about 10 longboards. The Longboard House was a great place) did head and handstands and knee paddle out. Old surfer kook! Miss the swells. Did you ever get into the Halloween Swell of 94? I think that was the year. Effing HUGE swells. Got rolled-almost died and drifted about 3 miles down the beach. Epic and crazy!! Surf Vietnam when you want to try something exotic. Same set-up: need a typhoon to roll off the Philippines and track north for the fetch. Been out-alone-in 3-4 meters (9-12 feet). Charlie doesn't surf, so there is NO line-up. Another place that rocks and isn't well-known is Sri Lanka. Summer its Argum (spelling). Like a machine! 6 footers ALL THE TIME. 1/4 mile rides right to the shore, hop off and run back out to the point. South side works in the winter-more crowded than Argum Bay. Good to chat with you. Keep on, surfing!

Right on! I used to surf Melbourne and north areas. Drop into the "green room" if the swell was biggest enough. Never too old to surf-fer sure. I used to ride a 10 foot Bunger,(had about 10 longboards. The Longboard House was a great place) did head and handstands and knee paddle out. Old surfer kook! Miss the swells. Did you ever get into the Halloween Swell of 94? I think that was the year. Effing HUGE swells. Got rolled-almost died and drifted about 3 miles down the beach. Epic and crazy!! Surf Vietnam when you want to try something exotic. Same set-up: need a typhoon to roll off the Philippines and track north for the fetch. Been out-alone-in 3-4 meters (9-12 feet). Charlie doesn't surf, so there is NO line-up. Another place that rocks and isn't well-known is Sri Lanka. Summer its Argum (spelling). Like a machine! 6 footers ALL THE TIME. 1/4 mile rides right to the shore, hop off and run back out to the point. South side works in the winter-more crowded than Argum Bay. Good to chat with you. Keep on, surfing!

Raised in S Fl. Used to go up coast every weekend to Ft Pierce, Sebastion, or Cocoa. Sebastion was always crowded with the Kelly Slater wanna bees, although at that time he was probably about 4 years old. We would go north to Spanish house. Nice break , less people. Never been to Veitnam or Sri Lanka. The wife is from South Africa. When we go to visit her family, usually end of summer , around March, we manage to spend a week at Jeffreys. Her family comes there to see her and I go to the Bilabong shop and rent a board. Have you ever surfed Lima? I like January best, middle of their summer. Great consistant waves, spent a month there. Averaged 3-5 for the entire month, and that's in the summer. Offshores till 1 P.M. SW England is also a great wave, swells don't hit until the fall, but when they do they look like lines of cordoroy. Water requires a suit though. Africa, at the end of summer,you could get away with a vest or sleeves. Lately it's been Cabo. There's a place for us geezers called Old Mans. It will hold a large face, but it crumbles, dosent pitch too much. I surfed Iceland once in the 70's, in the military at that time. The place was called Blacks Beach for the volcanic sand. A bit scary though, about 6 of us out, worried about being mistaken for a seal by a Orca. Good to chat with you. Always like surf stories from people who really surf.

• Upvote 1

Whoa! Cold water iron man! Thanks for a list of some places to check out. I'm a tropical kid (raised in the islands)-allergic to the cold! hahahaaha. Yeah, I'll stick with the old man spots (I'm 50). Better crowd! Cheers and surf ON!