Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Seal team 4 suicide?

SnowGlobe7

Official: Navy SEAL, Cmdr. Job W. Price, died of apparent suicide

(Photo courtesy: U.S. Navy)

None

Regular Photo Size

Related Links

Navy investigates death of SEAL leader

SHARETHIS

Posted: 12/24/2012

Last Updated: 1 day ago

WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials are investigating the apparent suicide of a Navy SEAL commander in Afghanistan.

Cmdr. Job W. Price, 42, of Pottstown, Pa., died Saturday of a gunshot wound to the head while supporting stability operations in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan, a U.S. military official said Monday on condition of anonymity because the death is still under investigation.

The official said Price failed to show up for an appointment and was found when others went to check on him.

Price was from Virginia Beach, Va.-based SEAL Team 4, which is part of the mission to train Afghan local police to stave off the Taliban in remote parts of Afghanistan.

It was not immediately known when Price started his tour of duty in Afghanistan, though he had been in command of the team of 25 to 30 men since June 2011, the official said. He said Price had no immediately known professional or work problems other than the stresses of deployment, which can be tremendous for troops.

"The Naval Special Warfare family is deeply saddened by the loss of our teammate," said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander of Naval Special Warfare Group Two, which manages all Virginia-based Navy SEAL teams. "We extend our condolences, thoughts and prayers to the family, friends, and NSW community during this time of grieving."

"As we mourn the loss and honor the memory of our fallen teammate, those he served with will continue to carry out the mission," Smith added Sunday.

Price is survived by a wife and a daughter.

His body is to be returned to the United States early Tuesday.

http://www.10news.com/news/official-navy-seal-job-w-price-died-of-apparent-suicide-122412

Personally I am having a hard time with this. All you who know me know I can be a conspiracy therorist.

I just wonder this young man was loved by a wife and child...from my reading he was highly decorated. I know we all have demons, and Lord only knows what he has seen,..but this one is just not settling right with me

• Upvote 7

Oh My!! This is some very Sad news -- My heart aches for the wife and child which in my humble opinion is plenty reason to press down - press through and press on --

We all have our limits and a breaking point I guess - I have seen mine - more than once - I have been there but if a comparison could even be considered - there is none - From my perspective he had everything to live for but I have not walked in his shoes --

This brave man did not get to the ranking position by being an ignorant wimp - I feel that he probably endured through many trials and tests of endurance - and trained to cope with different scenarios -

I too find it very very difficult to embrace his suicide - I find it very difficult to accept that he could not have known of and had another option available -- Will we ever know any different?

The thing is -- something I have also noticed - once a story has been released it is or can be accepted as truth -- when another story with different details is given it "seems" that it is labeled conspiracy or is just not believed - or........ the general consensus is "what and who do we believe"

In a case such as this - we are pretty much left in the dark and hanging onto different stories and of the opinion we just do not know -- I sometimes think this is actually the intentional plan but all of this is just my rambling and thinking out loud - not claiming anything - Thank You -

One last note -- There sure "seems" to be some "unusual" - pretty serious events of late - that sure "seem" to be linked to other events -- What does it all mean? Anyone connecting the dots?

• Upvote 2

UNEEK..I have not been able to connect dots here, but this is really bothering me. I agree with everything you are saying.

I think your on to something. What MARINE does this? I'm thinking he either is sending a message to someone and that is the only way to do it, or foul play.

• Upvote 1

I think your on to something. What MARINE does this? I'm thinking he either is sending a message to someone and that is the only way to do it, or foul play.

Good Morning -- just a quick note and then I plan to do some digging into some stats - I do know and have read that there IS a considerably high number of suicides in the Military and NOT after they come home - but I would think in the fighting class not the upper ranks - anyone have anything to offer on this?

Also has anyone read any theories about the Colorado Fires being suspect and being connected to a cover up of some sorts? I did read of such but have only vague memories of the details now - may go back to my files and refresh those -- I also still have lots of questions about the Adam Lanza case and what has been reported and supposedly NOT being reported

I am not making any claims here folks - just stating some interesting and questionable thoughts due to a very inquisitive mind -- I will report back if and when I find anything of significance and will be checking the thread to see if anyone else contributes -- Surely we are not the only ones with questions -- hopefully someone will have some credible - proven answers

• Upvote 2

go UNEEK! I also have the same questions. We know that over the years we are not being told the truth. the old "you cant handle the truth" (love jack) and with somethings I can understand that a lot of the general public would rather "just say thank you and go on their way" but IMO when you start talking about the military elite...who have sacrificed so much like this young man, to be gone from his family and truly understand 'how things work' it is hard just to accept what is put out in the media and be OK with it. I am not. and I am glad that there are others that feel the same way. "fight for those who can not fight for themselves". If this was not a suicide then we must start a fight to clear this mans name.

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 1

UNEEK..I have not been able to connect dots here, but this is really bothering me. I agree with everything you are saying.

I would love to do investigative work - especially interrogation - I can really come up with the questions - I have been doing that since early childhood - I just maybe failed to recognize soon enough that I could make a good living at that with some higher education & training to go along with it -- lol - I did want to pursue a military career but my parents (mainly mom) said "no" and would not sign for me -

I am sure there are others who are asking questions just as we are about this as well as some of the other events -- and my question is -- lol -- will those questions be addressed or ignored or silenced?

Another question? Who is in charge? Who has the power? It would be like - on possible voter fraud and asking the ones who made the machines to investigate - or same with medications - asking and relying on the makers of the product for stats --

Sooo...... do we have an unbiased - integrity driven - highly trained professional that cannot be persuaded to alter any fact findings?

Sure wish we could have some of that for our Dinar Investment huh?

• Upvote 2

While all of this information is rather alarming it does not necessarily satisfy my questions about this recent Marine Seal Team suicide - Are these stats going to be used as the reason??

Because of the alarming rise in suicides in the Military will this young man's death be accepted as just one more of those statistics without a deep search for a possible foul play? I hope not

Suicide claims more US military lives than Afghan war

By James Cogan 6 January 2010

American military personnel are continuing to take their own lives in unprecedented numbers, as the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq drag on.

By late November, at least 334 members of the armed forces had committed suicide in 2009, more than the 319 who were killed in Afghanistan or the 150 who died in Iraq. While a final figure is not available, the toll of military suicides last year was the worst since records began to be kept in 1980

READ MORE http://www.wsws.org/...1/suic-j06.html

US Army suicide rate to hit record high in 2012

A top US commander says 2012 is expected to be another “tough year” for the country’s entire military as the number of suicides in the US Army ranks is expected to hit a new high for the year.

“Even with the attention of the leadership, I think all the services are feeling it,” Marine Corps Commandant General James Amos said after a speech at the National Press Club on Tuesday, adding, “This year… is going to be a tough year for all the services.”

Amos further noted that the Marine Corps has taken action, including using interactive videos and other measures, to cut the suicide rates in its rank.

This is while July saw eight suicides in the Marine Corps, up from six in June. That brought the number of suicides in the service to 32 for the first seven months of 2012, matching the total for all of last year.

Earlier this month, the US Army reported a total of 26 suicides among its active-duty soldiers in July, which is more than twice the figure released for June.

According to US Defense Department statistics, as of June, the Pentagon had recorded 154 suicides across all the military services, a rate of about one suicide per day.

READ MORE http://www.presstv.i...it-record-high/

****WASHINGTON — Suicides are surging among America's troops, averaging nearly one a day this year – the fastest pace in the nation's decade of war.****

PLEASE READ ENTIRE ARTICLE – VERY GOOD

The 154 suicides for active-duty troops in the first 155 days of the year far outdistance the U.S. forces killed in action in Afghanistan – about 50 percent more – according to Pentagon statistics obtained by The Associated Press.

The numbers reflect a military burdened with wartime demands from Iraq and Afghanistan that have taken a greater toll than foreseen a decade ago. The military also is struggling with increased sexual assaults, alcohol abuse, domestic violence and other misbehavior.

The reasons for the increase are not fully understood.

Among explanations, studies have pointed to combat exposure, post-traumatic stress, misuse of prescription medications and personal financial problems.

Army data suggest soldiers with multiple combat tours are at greater risk of committing suicide, although a substantial proportion of Army suicides are committed by soldiers who never deployed.

READ MORE: http://www.huffingto..._n_1578821.html

Rising Suicides Stump Military Leaders

By KRISTINA WONG @kristina_wong WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2011

The U.S. military doesn't need September's Suicide Prevention Month to realize it has a problem within its ranks.

The increase in suicide deaths is one of the most distressing issues facing military leaders who want to reduce the rates among active-duty service members. More than 2,000 of them have killed themselves in the past decade, including 295 last year compared with 153 in 2001.

Despite their best suicide-prevention efforts, reducing the number of military suicides has been a frustrating challenge, military leaders acknowledged earlier this month at a congressional hearing in Washington, D.C.

Recent efforts have included increasing at-risk service members' access to mental health professionals, while reducing the stigma attached to mental health care. Internet outreach, including "video chats," has also shown some promise.

The difficulty, however, is in identifying which initiatives work best and deciphering the multiple triggers that can lead to suicide within the armed services, which accounts for a small fraction of the total number of people who serve.

The most commonly identified risk factors and "stressors", according to the leaders who testified, are relationship issues, work-related problems, financial pressure, legal concerns, alcoholism and substance abuse.

READ MORE: http://abcnews.go.co...34#.UNsov3fIl5Y

• Upvote 2

Official: Navy SEAL, Cmdr. Job W. Price, died of apparent suicide

(Photo courtesy: U.S. Navy)

None

Regular Photo Size

Related Links

Navy investigates death of SEAL leader

SHARETHIS

Posted: 12/24/2012

Last Updated: 1 day ago

WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials are investigating the apparent suicide of a Navy SEAL commander in Afghanistan.

Cmdr. Job W. Price, 42, of Pottstown, Pa., died Saturday of a gunshot wound to the head while supporting stability operations in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan, a U.S. military official said Monday on condition of anonymity because the death is still under investigation.

The official said Price failed to show up for an appointment and was found when others went to check on him.

Price was from Virginia Beach, Va.-based SEAL Team 4, which is part of the mission to train Afghan local police to stave off the Taliban in remote parts of Afghanistan.

It was not immediately known when Price started his tour of duty in Afghanistan, though he had been in command of the team of 25 to 30 men since June 2011, the official said. He said Price had no immediately known professional or work problems other than the stresses of deployment, which can be tremendous for troops.

"The Naval Special Warfare family is deeply saddened by the loss of our teammate," said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander of Naval Special Warfare Group Two, which manages all Virginia-based Navy SEAL teams. "We extend our condolences, thoughts and prayers to the family, friends, and NSW community during this time of grieving."

"As we mourn the loss and honor the memory of our fallen teammate, those he served with will continue to carry out the mission," Smith added Sunday.

Price is survived by a wife and a daughter.

His body is to be returned to the United States early Tuesday.

http://www.10news.com/news/official-navy-seal-job-w-price-died-of-apparent-suicide-122412

Personally I am having a hard time with this. All you who know me know I can be a conspiracy therorist.

I just wonder this young man was loved by a wife and child...from my reading he was highly decorated. I know we all have demons, and Lord only knows what he has seen,..but this one is just not settling right with me

I read last month that military suicides in Afghanistan were higher than casualties. Check on that. I think it s a serious problem - they tell them of the comraderie and the adventure when they enlist...they just don't tell them about what it feels like to kill people all the time.

• Upvote 2

I read last month that military suicides in Afghanistan were higher than casualties. Check on that. I think it s a serious problem - they tell them of the comraderie and the adventure when they enlist...they just don't tell them about what it feels like to kill people all the time.

Yes I agree with hamm on this. Its a real problem that most dont realize and main stream media doesnt report. I do find it odd though that one that far up the food chain (Navy seal) Would check himself out. They go through a speicial De-senseatation program that makes what they have to do a little easier.

]

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2

and I think you are right...but someone this high up is what has me puzzled. These guys are different. They have been around and have proven themselves.

I've no idea what did or didn't happen.... The commander and I are of the same, though different branch and mission.

None of us are immune from this as an optional final solution. No one. His child is likely college age and probably away from home,.... who knows if he got a dear John letter from a wife having spent far too many years separated from him and hit her final straw.... the holiday season (late Oct to first week january) is always the time of highest incident for suicides ...... this is such a tough time of year for many.... and being away from those you love is sometimes day'um hard to stomach.... Who knows what he did or did not have to live for.... But one thing is for sure,.... he is human and there is only so much a person can give, before it is enough... or too much....

Either way his death is a tragic loss and I salute him for the accomplished life of service he gave until now in his final rest..... God Bless him and keep him.... salute.gif

• Upvote 3

Just my opinion

I think all humans have built in limit switches that stops us from committing atrocity's.

The limit switches can be reset or moved forward by mental illness or evil.

The mentally ill's limit switch is malfunctioning and they do not realize that they are causing harm to others.

Evils limit switch is permanently re-programed by evil so it becomes a satisfaction switch and so they commit

crimes murder and other atrocity,s in order to receive happiness and satisfaction.

But the righteous mentally healthy limit switch cannot be reset. However it can be bypassed and allow us to operate beyond our natural limits but only for short periods of time and in times of great need.

Lets say you are a person that cannot even watch a violent act on TV because any act of violence makes you physically ill.

Then you are in your car driving down the road and you see someone about to kill or otherwise harm a child.

So you run over the SOB get out without ever getting sick and tend to the child. You have just bypassed your limit switch.

Later you will have to reconcile that bypass in your own mind. Did I just do that for God, Corp and Country

Or am I just turning evil ? If you can reconcile your actions with your limit switch then you can put it behind you

and move on with your life.

Our warriors are constantly being forced to bypass and reconcile with their limit switches what kind of a toll does that put on your mind.

But if you are a person like a Seal you are trained to bypass your limit switches on a daily basis and as long as you can reconcile it with God, Corp and Country. You move on to the next task.

The question is what are these battle harden well trained Patriots being ordered to do that they cannot reconcile

through God,Corp and Country and are afraid that they cannot get back to the default setting of their limit switch.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 3

I've no idea what did or didn't happen.... The commander and I are of the same, though different branch and mission.

None of us are immune from this as an optional final solution. No one. His child is likely college age and probably away from home,.... who knows if he got a dear John letter from a wife having spent far too many years separated from him and hit her final straw.... the holiday season (late Oct to first week january) is always the time of highest incident for suicides ...... this is such a tough time of year for many.... and being away from those you love is sometimes day'um hard to stomach.... Who knows what he did or did not have to live for.... But one thing is for sure,.... he is human and there is only so much a person can give, before it is enough... or too much....

Either way his death is a tragic loss and I salute him for the accomplished life of service he gave until now in his final rest..... God Bless him and keep him.... salute.gif

Just my opinion

I think all humans have built in limit switches that stops us from committing atrocity's.

The limit switches can be reset or moved forward by mental illness or evil.

The mentally ill's limit switch is malfunctioning and they do not realize that they are causing harm to others.

Evils limit switch is permanently re-programed by evil so it becomes a satisfaction switch and so they commit

crimes murder and other atrocity,s in order to receive happiness and satisfaction.

But the righteous mentally healthy limit switch cannot be reset. However it can be bypassed and allow us to operate beyond our natural limits but only for short periods of time and in times of great need.

Lets say you are a person that cannot even watch a violent act on TV because any act of violence makes you physically ill.

Then you are in your car driving down the road and you see someone about to kill or otherwise harm a child.

So you run over the SOB get out without ever getting sick and tend to the child. You have just bypassed your limit switch.

Later you will have to reconcile that bypass in your own mind. Did I just do that for God, Corp and Country

Or am I just turning evil ? If you can reconcile your actions with your limit switch then you can put it behind you

and move on with your life.

Our warriors are constantly being forced to bypass and reconcile with their limit switches what kind of a toll does that put on your mind.

But if you are a person like a Seal you are trained to bypass your limit switches on a daily basis and as long as you can reconcile it with God, Corp and Country. You move on to the next task.

The question is what are these battle harden well trained Patriots being ordered to do that they cannot reconcile

through God,Corp and Country and are afraid that they cannot get back to the default setting of their limit switch.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

Thank you Rayzur for your thoughts - I was hoping that you would share some of your perspective on this subject - We do not know the particular details of his life that could possibly give us a clue as to where he was in his thinking and "feeling" just before the alleged suicide --

I have known 3 young men personally (maybe more but these popped up right away) that have committed suicide and though I knew they were depressed or unhappy at times I did not foresee them doing this - From my perspective one was a computer whiz and all had youth on their side - they had so much to live for -

I have also dealt closely with women whose husbands have committed suicide - this was difficult also and they did not foresee the tragedy -

I also know personal cases of "attempts" which brings about a whole new set of questions and discussion --

This story is such a sad one -- as ALL that end this way are -- I just hope that more is learned that more can be done to treat the problems and spare the life -

Sentine17 -- Thank you so very much for your thoughts on this -- Are you a deep thinker about all things or just many things?

I really liked the way you presented your perspective on this and it really resonated with me -- I know that for myself - I have recognized and accepted that I have these "switches" and have had to reset them at times - with assistance even -

I admit without shame that I am highly sensitive to certain things and do my best to guard or at least be "aware" and protect myself as well as the possible impact on others - The sensitivity can be a two edged sword - but I "choose" it over the opposite extreme -

The positive side is a big plus in my field of massage and grief counseling - I am very in touch with "other" people's pain -many times because I have "experienced" similiar

Allowing myself to feel on a much deeper level puts me at a greater risk for the switches to trip and for me to suffer the pain of the consequences -- of which some are minor and cause only minor setbacks -

Bottom line - it has been "my choosing" and will be "my journey" and "my evolving process" and "my character building" and "my destiny"

Thank you again for your perspective as it has added more to mine -

• Upvote 2