Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot

pokerplayer

The world may be going mad !!!

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) — A Bartlesville High School student is in custody on charges he plotted to bomb and shoot students at the campus auditorium on the same day that 26 people were shot and killed at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Police arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez at about 4:30 a.m. Friday after learning of the alleged plot Thursday.

An arrest affidavit says Chavez tried to convince other students to help him lure students into the auditorium, chain the doors shut and start shooting. A Tulsa newspaper reports that authorities say Chavez threatened to kill students who didn't help.

A Bartlesville newspaper reports Chavez planned to detonate bombs at the doors as police arrived.

The school district says students were never in danger. Chavez is being held on $1 million bond.

http://www.13wham.com/news/national/story/Oklahoma-teen-arrested-in-school-shooting-plot/PN7rJGmliUuDhI6lPnzyww.cspx

• Upvote 2

This is getting way out of control. People are not going to send their kids to school out of complete fear, and who could blame them. This appears to be an epidemic.

Ind. man with 47 guns arrested after school threat

Associated Press – 2 hrs 36 mins ago

CEDAR LAKE, Ind. (AP) — A northern Indiana man who allegedly threatened to "kill as many people as he could" at an elementary school near his home was arrested by officers who later found 47 guns and ammunition hidden throughout his home.

Von. I. Meyer, 60, of Cedar Lake, was arrested Saturday after prosecutors filed formal charges of felony intimidation, domestic battery and resisting law enforcement against him. He was being held Sunday without bond at the Lake County Jail, pending an initial hearing on the charges, police said in a statement.

Cedar Lake Police officers were called to Meyer's home early Friday after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire once she fell asleep, the statement said.

Meyer also threatened to enter nearby Jane Ball Elementary School "and kill as many people as he could before police could stop him," the statement said. Meyer's home is less than 1,000 feet from the school and linked to it by trails and paths through a wooded area, police said.

Police said in the statement that they notified school officials and boosted security at all area schools Friday — the same day 26 people, including 20 students, were shot and killed at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

On Saturday, officers served warrants at Meyer's home and arrested him. The statement said police had learned that Meyer kept many weapons in his older, two-story home and "is a known member of the Invaders Motorcycle Gang."

Officers searched the home, finding 47 guns and ammunition worth more than $100,000 hidden throughout the home. Many of the weapons were collector's guns.

Cedar Lake is about 45 miles southeast of Chicago.

A dispatcher with Cedar Lake Police said that the police chief was not available for interviews until Monday.

Lake County police spokeswoman Patti Van Til said Sunday that a SWAT team from the department assisted in serving Saturday's warrants.

http://news.yahoo.com/ind-man-47-guns-arrested-school-threat-164928349.html

• Upvote 1

While in Canada we do not have the same depth of Insanity, we still have our share of nut bars that we need to contend with.

pp

Yes I agree its all over the place but these threats and shootings seem to be coming up more often in mainstream media here in the U.S they are using the conneticut massacre to incite fear to ban guns and believe me it is working. I am NOT for banning guns and taking away our second amendment rights to bear arms, security beefed up will have to take affect soon because there will be nutballs trying to do a copycat or think its cute to try to inflict harm on others.

I hope Canada can take what happened here in the U.S and learn from our mistakes of how we can do our best to prevent something like this from happening again.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

While I may not be religious, I strongly believe that God must be put back in schools, gov't bldgs and anyplace else.

Damn the people who want to separate the church and state !!!

Yes, I said damn them and I mean it !!!

pp

pokerplayer, I totally agree. I swear as God as my witness this is and was the beginning of the evil which has infiltrated our government, our society in general. Seperation of Church and State was not even in our Constitution it was a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to a Baptist Church. In some way the sick perverted PTB have taken this phrase, imposed it into our Supreme Courts as law and now We The People are Reeping the consequences.

"Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson (in his 1802 letter to the Danbury Baptists) and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. The phrase has since been repeatedly cited by the Supreme Court of the United States.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper. Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of "[A] hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world"— Jefferson wrote, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." InEverson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[2]

However, the Court has not always interpreted the constitutional principle as absolute, and the proper extent of separation between government and religion in the U.S. remains an ongoing subject of impassioned debate.[3][4][5][6]

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

• Upvote 2

***///

They need to address the issue of kooks that

use guns to commit these atrocities.

Anyone recall how the libs screamed about rights for crazy people and

insisted they all be let out to roam free?

They squawked about how it was inhumane to keep these crazies locked up.

They've made it SO hard for anyone to have an unstable person safely put

in a controlled environment for their - and our - safety these days.

Now they sleep on our streets, shoot us, rob us, harm themselves and are

an even bigger drain on our system than if they were safely housed in a

proper facility.

Judges hands are tied by the liberal ideology that nuts have rights, too.

Sure they have rights, but we have the right to be protected from them.

Thanks again, liberal do-gooders.

This is on YOU.