Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV Prayer Warriors

divemaster5734

So I’m getting ready to go to work and somehow clicked a link and this story popped up.

Obviously this is a parent’s worst nightmare.

I’m not going to start bringing these stories that make you question whether or not God should just wipe out the earth and start over, but this child and mom need prayer.

And what about the kids dad?

If this were my kid I would at least have to find the guys grave and take a whiz on it.

How many lives have and are going to be destroyed because of one person’s heinous act?

The “DV Prayer Warriors” really touched my heart yesterday.

I still get a little choked up thinking about everyone that left a comment, and realizing there were at least as many more that didn’t say anything but stopped and said a prayer anyway.

The story below is what happens when people forget about God.

It is as simple as the cold that is only the absence of heat, or the dark that is the absence of light.

The absence of God in hearts is evil.

Yesterday may have changed me forever, I certainly have a new outlook today, and a great appreciation for my DV friends.

Here's the quandary, do we start a prayer and Christian support thread? The problem with that is what about the non-Christians that will have access to our inner hearts?

Not to offend non-believers, but without the Holy Spirit, you can't possibly understand.

I guess that means no we don't.

I don't want to exclude anyone at the cost of their salvation, and a "Christian Only" area would seem elitist.

So imagine your 11-year-old daughter has stomach pains. You and your boyfriend decide to take her to the hospital. After some tests, the cause of the stomach pain is revealed: Your 11-year-old daughter doesn't have the flu nor food poisoning. Nope. She's pregnant. So, just as you're trying to adjust to this astounding news, your 42-year-old boyfriend asks for the keys to the car so he can run an errand. And he never returns. This story gets much, much, much worse before it's over.

When it turns out your 11-year-old daughter is pregnant and your middle-aged boyfriend suddenly disappears, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. But then the boyfriend saves you the trouble by calling you and apologizing for knocking up your 11-year-old kid.

And it gets worse. The man, Gregory Johns, then robs a couple at knife-point. There, he reportedly leaves a note also apologizing to the 11-year-old girl for sexually assaulting her.

And it gets worse. Then the guy breaks into the home of an elderly woman, and allegedly gags her and ties her up for 12 hours. He also calls his girlfriend and tells her that the cops will have to kill him before he goes back to jail. Oh yes, did I mention? He'd been in jail 10 times already -- on charges ranging from aggravated assault to armed robbery.

Eventually, the dude holes up in a hotel in Florida, where the cops find him. He reportedly comes out of the bathroom with a knife in hand, threatens the police, and they fatally shoot him.

While we're all pondering why this mother let her 11-year-old girl around her criminal boyfriend (because this is no doubt what everyone will focus on), let's consider some other facts: We now reportedly have an 11-year-old girl impregnated by her mother's dead middle-aged boyfriend. Who is going to say this is a blessing?

I hope the mother does what is right for this little girl for a change and that does not include forcing her to have her dead criminal boyfriend's baby.

What would you do as a mother in this situation?

• Upvote 3

Food for thought in cases such as these:

Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with syphillis, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you have answered “yes” to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

check the history of eugenics and its founder Margret Sanger Harris (ie Planned Parenthood)....it is NOT what you might think

Choice is NOT without consequence....

:eagle::twocents:

• Upvote 7

Food for thought in cases such as these:

Choice is NOT without consequence....

:eagle::twocents:

Well said.

I want to point out I personally am not in favor of abortion.

But then, I obviously cant get pregnant either, so whether or not a woman carries her baby to full term is not for me to judge for her.

All I intended to do by the original post was to hopefully get a prayer going for the victim. I didn't realize how slanted the article was until I reread it just now.

That coward is gone but will be haunting her for the rest of her life. I can't imagine what her mom is going through either.

• Upvote 1

Divemaster, like you I am personally against abortion.

And yes, your right the article is clearly slanted...

yet it does ask a valid question that I would most certainly have as the 11 year old girls mother.

It would be a very heart wrenching decision and I don't know what she will choose to do...

I am putting up a prayer for her and her daughter.

Thank God that is a decision I will never have to make. I could never judge her for whatever she decides.

It's Not My Place To Do That.

I can't abide abortion in any situation.. not for rape, the mothers health, not any reason... I believe abortion is murder plain and simple. My heart breaks for this little girl, I have a daughter just a little younger and it would kill me to be in a situation as such... I will pray for this girl and her mom.

• Upvote 3

I can't abide abortion in any situation.. not for rape, the mothers health, not any reason... I believe abortion is murder plain and simple. My heart breaks for this little girl, I have a daughter just a little younger and it would kill me to be in a situation as such... I will pray for this girl and her mom.

Sorry that I disagree. I will Pray

Some of the cases you brought up are all about personal responsibility. If you don't want kids don't have unprotected sex that goes for men and women.

This particular case I'm not even going to comment on as it would get me banned from here. :angry::angry:

So in a situation where a pregnancy is unplanned, with thousands of good parents waiting to adopt and give a child the love and attention they deserve, the solution is simple. ADOPTION I can live with that. Those who thought there baby to be an inconvenience for their life style choice can live with letting go of God's greatest miracle and will come to regret missing out on the incredible joys of being a parent, but it's still a much better alternative then murder.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 3

Some of the cases you brought up are all about personal responsibility. If you don't want kids don't have unprotected sex that goes for men and women.

This particular case I'm not even going to comment on as it would get me banned from here. :angry::angry:

So in a situation where a pregnancy is unplanned, with thousands of good parents waiting to adopt and give a child the love and attention they deserve, the solution is simple. ADOPTION I can live with that. Those who thought there baby to be an inconvenience for their life style choice can live with letting go of God's greatest miracle and will come to regret missing out on the incredible joys of being a parent, but it's still a much better alternative then murder.

I see only 1 case here... If there has been others ? so be it.

Sorry for the confusion, was talking about the cases Eagle Eye had posted. I read this particular one (Divemasters) already, I'm extremely irritated with it and it would be best for me to let it go at that.

Let it go! Have a good weekend (I knew there was more to it)

There is someone very close to me who was adopted at birth. He recently found his birth mother and discovered that he was the product of rape. He is a beautiful person living a happy and productive life. Has this news changed him? Not at all - he thanks God every day that he was born and not discarded.

The story in the OP is so extreme and I prey, very, very rare. Eleven is far too young to become a parent. Would I judge this mother for trying (too little, too late) to protect her daughter from the physical and emotional pain of bearing a child at such a young age? No. But I would disagree that abortion is the only remedy. In my mind it only compounds the misery this child already has to endure. The damage has been done. When this girl grows up and looks back on this time in her life, would it be better (notice I didn't say easier) for her to know that she had given her innocent baby the ultimate gift of life rather than have to live with the knowledge that her baby was disposed of in an attempt to make her reality a little less harsh? There is no easy answer here.

• Upvote 2

I was ecstatic to have boys, for just this reason.

Selfish? Yes.

I couldn't begin to understand what they are going through.

Agree absolutely divemaster Prayer is the most important need and often the last considered ...i have seen many tragic situations in my six plus decades but none to hard for GOD to handle....

I agree, whether we realize it at the time or not, He is always in control

Sorry for the confusion, was talking about the cases Eagle Eye had posted. I read this particular one (Divemasters) already, I'm extremely irritated with it and it would be best for me to let it go at that.

hey bro, I really am sorry for the post. This morning was a little surrealistic, and I apparently was not fully cognizant.

I would have never posted anything like that had I been thinking, actually, I never even read that kind of crap.

Not that I block out the stories, but I only sometimes go to progressive sites to "keep track of the enemy". I don't even know where I got it from.

There is someone very close to me who was adopted at birth. He recently found his birth mother and discovered that he was the product of rape. He is a beautiful person living a happy and productive life. Has this news changed him? Not at all - he thanks God every day that he was born and not discarded.

The story in the OP is so extreme and I prey, very, very rare. Eleven is far too young to become a parent. Would I judge this mother for trying (too little, too late) to protect her daughter from the physical and emotional pain of bearing a child at such a young age? No. But I would disagree that abortion is the only remedy. In my mind it only compounds the misery this child already has to endure. The damage has been done. When this girl grows up and looks back on this time in her life, would it be better (notice I didn't say easier) for her to know that she had given her innocent baby the ultimate gift of life rather than have to live with the knowledge that her baby was disposed of in an attempt to make her reality a little less harsh? There is no easy answer here.

Thanks for your steadfast and rational reply.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Divemaster, just when I was trying to feel sorry for myself, you opened my eyes. Just got off the phone with my son who's in Colorado, and needs to have surgery on his foot because he broke it playing basketball. I know it's not life threatening, but I can't afford to fly to Colorado to be there with him. Well, when I read this story, I was sickened to think of what happened to that young innocent 11 year old girl, as I am sure her mother is. It just seems the world has gone crazy. Who are these monsters that destroy childrens lives. I pray to God to protect our children. In these types of situations it's so important who we bring into our families lives. From a medical standpoint to answer your question, the probable reason that poor child is having pain is that her little body is not physically able to have a child. I pray whole heartedly for her family, and I am sure if the doctors feel the eleven year olds life is threatened from this pregnancy they will make the right decision. Praying

• Upvote 1

Divemaster, I have to say I admire you for stepping forward in wanting to create a prayer and support thread. As Christian's we all know what we need to do in order to help in saving ones salvation.

There are so many in need of our prayers and support.

There are the sick who is suffering with a terminal disease

There are those are caring for their elderly parents and need that extra prayer to help them get pass each day in watching their parents age.

There are those who lost in their faith

There are the sons and daughters who have lost their way in their faith

There are those who have family in the military

There are those who had a family member murdered

There are those who have been assaulted

There are those who are battered

There are those who are unemployed

There are those who are about to lose their homes

And yes for the unborn

I will be honest with you, I am one that was assaulted years back and had no one to turn to. My faith was what got me through, God spoke to me and said that peace is within my reach. I only needed to forgive, only then I would begin to experience the peace. Peace dwells in my heart.

I think when in need of support, those who would like us to help with prayer or a form of support, will step forward. I know I have. Many times I have been challenged and it has been awesome to know that we have such a compassionate group of members here on DV.

May God's peace be with all.

• Upvote 2

I'll stand in prayer with you all - that God will lead the mother to do what is best - what God wants - I've learned over the years that I cannot affect or change anyone - only God really can do that. My job is to accept people the way God brings them into my life and to pray for them. His job is to listen and to change as he sees fit. He and I don't always agree, but I do know He is always right.

Father - this is horrific situation and likely the mother has no one to turn to or maybe no one to reach out to for help and guidance. If we allow it - you work all things to good and even in this ugly and bleak situation, you can work it out for good. I trust you for that, I ask that you give comfort to both of them and bring people into their lives that have the means and spirit to reach out and help them both. Be gentle, bless them with your grace and hold them close to you and let them know of your never ending love for them even when things like this happen. Love you, Sage

• Upvote 2

Divemaster

hey bro, I really am sorry for the post. This morning was a little surrealistic, and I apparently was not fully cognizant.

I would have never posted anything like that had I been thinking, actually, I never even read that kind of crap.

Not that I block out the stories, but I only sometimes go to progressive sites to "keep track of the enemy". I don't even know where I got it from.

No problem on your post at all bro, it was the story that had me PO'd this morning, I can't remember how I found it either. To put it bluntly the thing that irritates me most is the POS coward got himself killed when what he deserves is a lifetime of heinous torture in prison. The whole situation sucks, I have an 18 yr old and an 8 yr old son, but my 15 yr old daughter scares the hell out of me. I can't even imagine what I would do as a parent in that situation, I do know I'd be in prison for murder 1. It irritates me too that this kid's mom let her hang around with a scuzzball loser like that in the first place. WOW.......blood pressure climbing. Have a great weekend bud, hope all is well with your son. God bless.

I pray for that poor kid and her unborn baby, the mother a little, to little to late, but the loser who did it can burn in hell.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

DD6 he won't suffer here on earth, but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes because he is already condemned to a forever of grief.

DM5734, I don't believe that things happen by coincidence - God led you to read that so you would reach out and boost prayers for this mom and daughter. :) Hugs!

• Upvote 2