Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

VOTING!!!!!!!!

Scrumdiddles

After reading a few billion times "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.", I decided to go back and look at what the great George Carlin once said about politics. (And I agree with him 100%.) How do you feel about what he said?

George Carlin - On Voting (04:19)

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. Youhave no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Carlin has it completely bass-akwards....As much as I like him,

he is wrong about a lot of things.

I think most of his stand-up is sarcastic opposition to whatever

he perceives as institutional.....It was funny for awhile, but I've

grown up now....Those bits are very old, and do not apply to

today's world.

If a person does not vote, they have absolutely no reason to complain.

By voluntarily not participating, they are consenting to whatever form

of Govt is chosen by those that do.

People will vote.....It will happen....That is reality.

Now, if more Liberals vote, a Lib form of Govt is what a non voter has

chosen by nature of not being counted....No reason to complain, its

what you chose.

If Libs stay home....as I suspect a lot will this year, and the vast

majority of Conservatives get out there....How can any non-participant

be surprised?....By virtue of not engaging, they have tacitaly agreed to

whoever is chosen.

Its not a funny comic standup, but it is reality.

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Writing in your candidate feels much better than staying home. I only wish I'd taken a picture of my ballot in '08. Fortunately for me, this year Ron Paul will be on the ballot and I can just fill in the bubble.

ps scrum -

take a step back bro. ignore those who make you want to puke and embrace good people.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Carlin knows how screwed up this country is and what direction it is heading to. Unlike you.

Nice one...wow,you really got me, you do know he is dead :rolleyes:

I see you took a great deal of time to make that response.....Is that the

best you've got?

A dead comedian, who did the same exact bits for 30 years, knows what

he is talking about......What he knew.....in the past, was how to get a laugh.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nice one...wow,you really got me, you do know he is dead :rolleyes:

I see you took a great deal of time to make that response.....Is that the

best you've got?

A dead comedian, who did the same exact bits for 30 years, knows what

he is talking about......What he knew.....in the past, was how to get a laugh.

I think he knew a little more than how to get a laugh. In fact, one of my favorite performances of his, nobody was laughing, only cheering in agreement.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yep it will show them, you are right dog.

It will show that you are not a patriot and that you do not care for our great nation.

If you vote and your candidate did not win you tried to make a difference, if you stayed home watching George Carlin and smoking pot in memory of Ron Paul you are declaring you do not give a rats hind quarters what happens to the USA, it shows you are all talk no action, you are a big dog with no bark or bite.

• Upvote 3

It will show that you are not a patriot and that you do not care for our great nation.

If you vote and your candidate did not win you tried to make a difference, if you stayed home watching George Carlin and smoking pot in memory of Ron Paul you are declaring you do not give a rats hind quarters what happens to the USA, it shows you are all talk no action, you are a big dog with no bark or bite.

Uh no. Oh show me the meaning of not voting means that i am unpatriotic. There is no control of the US and what is going to happen unless the people take matters in there own hands. But instead you want to go vote and claim that your precious Romney is going to change what is going to happen. I never declared that i do not care what happens to the USA. If i did, where?

• Upvote 1

I get it. By not voting, you're not endorsing the madness. But, voting for Paul is also, not endorsing the madness. If he's not on the ballot (doubt it), then we can decide what is best. For now, let's hope justice will prevail.

Let the puppet dance while business is conducted.

Scrumdiddles cris is clearly trying to provoke you. Stay cool, don't let him get to you.

I know how hard it is, believe me! It is just a game to him...

Oh Maggie....It was in no way a provocation.

While some of my posts are certainly sarcastic, and humorous,

scrum asked an honest question.....And I answered honestly.

Now, after that, he attacked me personally....He got back

better than he could possibly give ;)

Oh Maggie....It was in no way a provocation.

While some of my posts are certainly sarcastic, and humorous,

scrum asked an honest question.....And I answered honestly.

Now, after that, he attacked me personally....He got back

better than he could possibly give ;)

Where cris? Show me!

• Upvote 1

George Carlin - On Voting (04:19)

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

End Quote

Same thing going on in most every Country.... In mine for sure.

• Upvote 1

The politicians entering a Nation's Parliament imho shuld be the true expression of the People's will .. Be the emanation of spontaneous civic groups of citizens and such....They should be really sincerely honestly connected to the specific territory of the People they represent and not being the expression of a lobby, powers that be and such sinister amenities which have everything in mind BUT the desire of working for us common women and men and make a nation grow through the well-being of everybody , namely the low and middle class which makes the core of a Nation...possibly in a clean, honest and transparent way.....

I know it's a very tough job, probably even 1,000 times tougher if it's always been done some other way and never in the right way... But there must be a beginning at one point.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

The politicians entering a Nation's Parliament imho shuld be the true expression of the People's will .. Be the emanation of spontaneous civic groups of citizens and such....They should be really sincerely honestly connected to the specific territory of the People they represent and not being the expression of a lobby, powers that be and such sinister amenities which have everything in mind BUT the desire of working for us common women and men and make a nation grow through the well-being of everybody , namely the low and middle class which makes the core of a Nation...possibly in a clean, honest and transparent way.....

I know it's a very tough job, probably even 1,000 times tougher if it's always been done some other way and never in the right way... But there must be a beginning at one point.

Good response U.....I think that is what we have going on here

The Democrat party was taken over by the Left Wing Liberals several

years ago....The takeover was not hidden, It was blatant and the folks

that run on that ticket are forced to toe the Lib Line.

The Republicans are slowly being taken by the Conservatives....We are

a little behind due to years of being told to just get along, have a

Big Tent. That attitude simply slows down the decline to failure.

We have been fooled long enough, the RINO's have been exposed

and they are being booted from the party

I couldn't agree with you more, and it can be done. Making it tough and complicated, however, is not the answer. We just need to keep it simple. We are an advanced species and we don't need to waste our time fighting. We need to waste our time dreaming and creating. Leave people alone, and dream, and create. Stop dramatizing the world.

the RINO's have been exposed

and they are being booted from the party

I'm a RINO, and proud to say it. Ur party is weak.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't agree with you more, and it can be done. Making it tough and complicated, however, is not the answer. We just need to keep it simple. We are an advanced species and we don't need to waste our time fighting. We need to waste our time dreaming and creating. Leave people alone, and dream, and create. Stop dramatizing the world.

I'm a RINO, and proud to say it. Ur party is weak.

I know you are....I've been saying that for a long time ;)

Scrumdiddles cris is clearly trying to provoke you. Stay cool, don't let him get to you.

I know how hard it is, believe me! It is just a game to him...

maggie, that guy will exploded sooner or later. that is his MO, no reason to provoke him since RP is not the choice of the GOP, he is headed down a path to getting himself put on mod review or worse to prove a point.

We can deal with 40, no way to turn him but he does listen unlike your leader.

Edited by TPSprayduster