Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lopping Zeroes

sully

Did you actually read about basel III??

It has nothing to do with a nations resources being used to back a currency.........

Such is life for a media tool.

I'm not aware of anything in Basel III about asset backed currencies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the focus is on banking reforms and asset-backed securities.

Such is life for another media tool. None of you seem to be capable of getting beyond the words you read. Talk about naivete.

http://www.aneki.com/countries2.php?t=Richest_Countries_in_the_World&table=fb126&places=2=*&order=desc&orderby=fb126.value&decimals=--&dependency=independent&number=all&cntdn=asc&r=-78-80-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-89-90-91-92-93-94-95-96&c=&measures=Country--GDP&units=--$&file=richest

According to this site (which gets its info from the CIA factbook) Iraq is number 63......but have you noticed something about the countries ranked near the top???

They lopped......And those countries are much more wealthy then Iraq....So Im still not sure what you mean......

So, oil does not translate into wealth? I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean......

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Such is life for a media tool.

Such is life for another media tool. None of you seem to be capable of getting beyond the words you read. Talk about naivete.

So, oil does not translate into wealth? I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean......

Wait a minute....you were the one making all these bold statements but there is nothing to back your claims.....just the opposite....

But we are tools because you are maybe realizing that you are incorrect in your statements? blink.gif

Please do break it down for us so that we may understand better cause there is nothing availible supporting your claims except for maybe other guru talk....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Did you actually read about basel III??

It has nothing to do with a nations resources being used to back a currency.........

Admittedly, I am going on something I read about it. You're the one with seemingly limitless time on your hands......

Wait a minute....you were the one making all these bold statements but there is nothing to back your claims.....just the opposite....

But we are tools because you are maybe realizing that you are incorrect in your statements? blink.gif

Please do break it down for us so that we may understand better cause there is nothing availible supporting your claims except for maybe other guru talk....

RE: "tool": "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

You cannot get beyond the words you read, therefore, you are a tool of the media. That is all I meant, and yet you took that in a pejorative sense. Thank you for making my point about words.

I am a speculator like all of you, but let us say that I am also a speculator when it comes to words. Words mean things, but what they mean from one person to the next is not always something agreed upon. This is the essence of the Talmudic dialectic, which understanding I apply to many things in life, because it is just so applicable.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

If you truly know more than do I, then, maybe you should inhabit the role of teacher.

Well when dealing with capital requirements I always assumed cash and easily convertible liquid assets (investments). Even though oil is liquid literally, Is it considered an easily convertible liquid asset? And do they generate enough oil profits to fit this category? Do they recognize oil in this category? Honest questions......I really don't know, you brought it up, I thought maybe you had the answers, do you?

• Upvote 1

And oil in the ground translates to potential profit.....doesnt mean that Iraq as a whole will be the wealthiest or one of the wealthiest countries....

Of course it will help, but it doesnt solve all their problems either....

Admittedly, I am going on something I read about it. You're the one with seemingly limitless time on your hands......

Well before making claims and statements, maybe you should verify its validity first.....it would take you 10 mins to get an overview on what the Basel system is about.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well when dealing with capital requirements I always assumed cash and easily convertible liquid assets (investments). Even though oil is liquid literally, Is it considered an easily convertible liquid asset? And do they generate enough oil profits to fit this category? Do they recognize oil in this category? Honest questions......I really don't know, you brought it up, I thought maybe you had the answers, do you?

Well, all right. I don't claim to have all the answers, but the world is headed toward a new gold standard, and this is it. The fiat system of debt-backed capital cannot endure.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well before making claims and statements, maybe you should verify its validity first.....it would take you 10 mins to get an overview on what the Basel system is about.....

Okay, so Basel III is, in reality, just another Band-Aid? It seems to me that it is perhaps a test-run toward the new gold standard. But then again, why would they need to test something that worked so well for so long? Obviously, the fiat system, which was new, has failed.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

Well, all right. I don't claim to have all the answers, but the world is headed toward a new gold standard, and this is it. The fiat system of debt-backed capital cannot endure.

While you may be correct about that, I would have to question it having an immediate affect on the IQD.

Okay, so Basel III is, in reality, just another Band-Aid? It seems to me that it is perhaps a test-run toward the new gold standard. But then again, why would they need to test something that worked so well for so long? Obviously, the fiat system, which was new, has failed.

Well it could be a bandaid.....its purpose is to avoid another round of banking crisis like we experienced here with banks not having enough in reserves to meet the demands of its customers when bank runs occur....so they are upping reserve requirements across the globe to give banks a little more cushion.....

Thats what i got out of it....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well it could be a bandaid.....its purpose is to avoid another round of banking crisis like we experienced here with banks not having enough in reserves to meet the demands of its customers when bank runs occur....so they are upping reserve requirements across the globe to give banks a little more cushion.....

Thats what i got out of it....

I will maintain that it is test-run disguised as a Band-Aid for a failing fiat currency system. I also believe in Ordo ab Chao: The masonic doctrine that all must be brought crashing down in chaos for order to arise.

• Upvote 1

I will maintain that it is test-run disguised as a Band-Aid for a failing fiat currency system. I also believe in Ordo ab Chao: The masonic doctrine that all must be brought crashing down in chaos for order to arise.

What do you think then about countries moving to a gold backed currency? Is there even enough gold in the world to pull that off??

Or do you think that just making the reserve currencies backed by gold would suffice?? That way the other currencies that are pegged to them, will actually have something of value backing their own currency?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What do you think then about countries moving to a gold backed currency? Is there even enough gold in the world to pull that off??

I know that there is not enough gold in the world to pull that off, which is why I posit that other commodities will take the place of gold in countries that do not possess enough gold. Do I have a "nooz" article to back that up? No, but then again, I do not need that crutch.

Or do you think that just making the reserve currencies backed by gold would suffice?? That way the other currencies that are pegged to them, will actually have something of value backing their own currency?

In lieu of my speculation that commodities will replace gold, this may be the most truly sensible thing I have heard you say in a long time. The crucial point is that debt-backed currencies are doomed.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

I know that there is not enough gold in the world to pull that off, which is why I posit that other commodities will take the place of gold in countries that do not possess enough gold. Do I have a "nooz" article to back that up? No, but then again, I do not need that crutch.

In lieu of my speculation that commodities will replace gold, this may be the most truly sensible thing I have heard you say in a long time. The crucial point is that debt-backed currencies are doomed.

I dont think there is enough gold in the world for that either.....which is one reason why I dont see even that coming back around......

But i do agree that debt-backed currencies and their future dont look too bright.....

Somthing has to change, but there doesnt seem to be any active solutions being put to the test.....like a lack of importance on the issue....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I dont think there is enough gold in the world for that either.....which is one reason why I dont see even that coming back around......

But i do agree that debt-backed currencies and their future dont look too bright.....

Somthing has to change, but there doesnt seem to be any active solutions being put to the test.....like a lack of importance on the issue....

Perhaps that is only what you are supposed to believe. Just as it was said in "Field of Dreams," "Build it, and they will come," the media's job is to induce the "proper" belief, and then the people will believe "properly." They are government tools. That is why I say it is foolish to make the "nooz" media your anchor to "reality."

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rayzur. I love your delivery, great post. :)

And you are one of the people I clearly had in mind while writing this. You are someone for whom I have great respect and you continue to serve as an inspiration in coming to the table with information that may or may not agree with that said, and doing so in genuine attempt to join with others in solving this,,,

For what its worth, though I doubt you missed the undercurrent of my statements in our back and forth discussions..... I'm incontrovertibly rooting for your "side" of the different perspective to win hands down,.... absent so much as a blink.... and I celebrate every time you obviate and better yet, obliterate the veracity of that which I postulat, or conclude, anytime I suggest an RB will proceed an RV. I can’t even imagine what kind of chuckle head would want this latter scenario…. Keep on shootin and make my day…. :D

• Upvote 1

After reading all this ..I basically want to see each of my dinar be worth anything above 50 cents

If the GOI and CBI go through with removing 3 zeros then you'll see your dinar worth more than 50 cents. Right after you exchange your old notes for new notes.

Serious question......

Where do you get your information from?? Who tells you this stuff?? Do you believe everything someone tells you if it means a better outcome for yourself?

I seriously wonder if you even own dinar. Your a rude child that needs parenting. I believe if your parents had raised you the outcome could have been more positive. I've seen you on here for years and always play the sarcastic route. Do us all a favor, go get some educaton, learn some manners, then after you grow up, come out and associate with the adults. This will be my last post regarding your sad outlook. So responding is fruitless on your part. Its hard to try and be respectful to an adolesent. So I am done trying.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I seriously wonder if you even own dinar. Your a rude child that needs parenting. I believe if your parents had raised you the outcome could have been more positive. I've seen you on here for years and always play the sarcastic route. Do us all a favor, go get some educaton, learn some manners, then after you grow up, come out and associate with the adults. This will be my last post regarding your sad outlook. So responding is fruitless on your part. Its hard to try and be respectful to an adolesent. So I am done trying.

So basically you cant even give me a simple answer?? You turn it around on me getting defensive.....

I asked you where you got your info from that you posted and you take it personal? LOL Must not be very confident in where you got your ideas..... laugh.gif

If thats how you respond when someone questions what you present, maybe you shouldnt post.....

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Was not a Keepm fan for some time, but the Man is very well versed in all of this. We have great debaters, philosophers and smart azzez in this thread. Icfaith, hope you have a great day partner. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Icfrustration and would hope you could put that aside and continue the debate.

Rayzur, thank you. I love reading brilliance. Definitely one of my favorite threads , thank you all

Hope so jackster :)

I don't think that you'll hope for 50 cents.

I'll assume that you have 1 million IQD. You paid US$1100 for it.

After they remove 3 zeros, you should be able to exchange your old 1 million IQD for new 1,000 IQD. The 1 million IQD will not be worth 50 cents at the same time that 1000 IQD is worth 50 cents.

Your new 1000 IQD could then be exchanged at the bank, hopefully for US$500

If the GOI and CBI follow through with the removal of 3 zeros, an RV will not happen before the RD. Why would 1 million IQD be worth US$1,000,000 one day and then US$1,000 one week or one month later?

Iraq is announcing details of an upcoming RD. No details of an RV are being announced.

Perhaps, after the RD, an RV occurs where the new IQD is worth US$3.00, then your new 1,000 IQD could be exchanged for US$3,000. Almost tripling an investment is not why we're here.

• Upvote 1

Was not a Keepm fan for some time, but the Man is very well versed in all of this. We have great debaters, philosophers and smart azzez in this thread. Icfaith, hope you have a great day partner. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Icfrustration and would hope you could put that aside and continue the debate.

Rayzur, thank you. I love reading brilliance. Definitely one of my favorite threads , thank you all

Hi lightfighter,

Yes some frustration does apply in my post about keep. Its not based on what he brings to a debate, its how he brings it to a debate. It seems when he feels his viewpoint is threatened, he replies with sarcasm. Why does one feel the need to attack a person based on a view? Not needed. I never have a problem about someone who trys to support the LOP myth. Keep, does what many doesn't do, he has researched his topic (LOP). Sometimes, you get so deep into a viewpoint, you are unable to see a different side as plausable. My issue is not Keep supporting what he feels will likely happen and in his mind is a LOP, It is how he presents his arguments. Bringing documents or links forward to support your theory is all good, but to be sarcastic to anyone because their view is different is not needed. This is what destroys a good debate regarding this topic. If keep would like to go toe to toe and be respectful, no problem. For every one article Keep or anyone could bring to try and support a LOP may occur, another can bring an article or evidence that a LOP is impossible. No one will absolutely know which way this investment will go until it actually happens. Each side is speculating their viewpoint based on what they see or find. I never base my view on what is heard, only what I individually find for myself. When he does bring his views with what he feels is proof, I enjoy reading. When he attacks the person as I did him, its not a good read and my point was to let him see what it feels like to be on the receptive side of such futile sarcasm. Keep has the ability to bring a good argumentative debate, just present it without sarcasm and it will be a enjoyable debate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So basically you cant even give me a simple answer?? You turn it around on me getting defensive.....

I asked you where you got your info from that you posted and you take it personal? LOL Must not be very confident in where you got your ideas..... laugh.gif

If thats how you respond when someone questions what you present, maybe you shouldnt post.....

Now, with saying what I have to lightfighter above, keep, I apoligise for my outburst. When you bring your research to support your thoughts on LOP, its a great read. No need to be sarcastic when you apply your views. I enjoy a debate based on research. I am openminded and know we have an opportunity in front of us. How the outcome will be, time will tell us. Yes, so many out there may voice why a LOP will not or can't happen. And there has been so many gurus voice complete lack of knowledge and lies. I do not and will never base anything I bring from anothers thoughts. Our goal is to take what we find and put it together to possibly determine what our investment outcome will be. Not beat on each other. Whether we come out of this with profit or not is what we are searching for. Lets truce, direct our focus to this goal and stay the course.

• Upvote 2