Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** marriage

Heavyduty053

Him stating anything about *** marriage doesnt have anything to do with our gov. That is a state issue not a federal issue. He wants the *** votes, plain and simple. I really dont care who marries who, but I also feel that if two gays did get married, they should not be able to adopt a child.

But the whole deal is for votes, right now he will say anything if it will get one extra vote.

• Upvote 4

Sin is sin in GOD's eyes

unrepentant G*A*Y*S 100%... going to hell

not saved,unrepentant heterosexual........100% going to hell

Sin in who's eyes, Mongo? Your god (Yes, small g) wasn't the first and isn't the only one by a long stretch. Even the Bible never said that. It said he was the one TRUE god and that there should be no god before him. Sin has been redefined by each successive generation and not that long ago it was a 'sin' to marry outside of one's race. Where do you stand on that issue? I'm more than fed up with a religious minority (yes, Christianity isn't the largest religion on the planet) trying to tell EVERYONE how to live their lives. If you're a true Christian, you will live as Christ did. He never tried to force people to live as He did, He never tried to enact laws to enforce His own views. He never condemned ANYONE except those who used religion for their own benefit. Be Christlike and I'll never have a word to say against you. Continue to act like a spoiled child who must have everyone saying and thinking the same way you do and you will find yourself opposed at every turn by the real adults of the world.

Him stating anything about *** marriage doesnt have anything to do with our gov. That is a state issue not a federal issue. He wants the *** votes, plain and simple. I really dont care who marries who, but I also feel that if two gays did get married, they should not be able to adopt a child.

But the whole deal is for votes, right now he will say anything if it will get one extra vote.

Marriage isn't truly any government issue. It is properly between the people who want to be married, whatever deity they worship, and no one else. If you want to legislate about how many dependents can be claimed for tax exemptions or who gets the social security benefits, great, but don't try to stick law where it doesn't belong. The proper function of law is to protect the rights of one person from violation by another. No one's rights are denied if a man marries a woman, a man marries a man, a woman marries a woman, a man marries multiple women, a woman marries multiple men, or a group of of men and women all marry one another. It might cause a bit of complication come tax time but that's a very minor consideration. Let's stop trying to engineer our society to fit them mold of one single faith and embrace all the various beliefs that make up the world. Let's grow up.

I have one thing that gives me peace on this issue. Homosexual's will NEVER be

considered, normal, in the realms of general society. Most will silently smirk at it while some

will shake there head and walk away, but in the end, mongo, is right once again. GOOOO MONGO.

Mongo, sir, is a petulant child who cannot bear to be disagreed with and will invoke whatever threats he can find to enforce his point. It's the 'my dad can beat up your dad' philosophy and it's way out of date. The reasonable people of the world have realized that there's no Jewish man up in the sky (yes, your god began as the god of the people of Judeal) who watches us and keeps a running tally of our good and bad deeds. We don't need to force our beliefs on others to make ourselves feel superior. I will say it again. Grow up.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Whether you morally are opposed to *** marriage is MUCH different than basic civil liberties. I am pretty sure our Declaration of Independence calls for the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and our Constitution calls for the equal protection of the law. I also believe our Constitution calls for a separation of church and state. I have no problem with any religion saying they don't believe in *** marriage or not allowing it in their church, but to not give gays the same rights as anyone else under the law is a totally different issue. It has been framed as a moral and religious issue versus a civil liberties issue as it should be IMO. If we want to legislate morality, then shouldn't divorce, adultery, pre-marital sex, gambling, etc all be illegal too? I wonder how many making judgments in this thread have committed any of those acts?

There is no doubt our country will eventually get there and change always scares people. It wasn't that long ago that interracial marriage was not legal and everyone was scared about the change. I could go on and on, segregation, women's suffrage, etc. that we now wonder what we were thinking. I know it is a hot topic and I know intelligent people on both sides of the issue, but I feel like often times we believe in freedom of religion in our country so long as you believe in the right religion, we believe in separation of church and state except when it interferes with some issues like *** marriage. In 50 years it will be legal and people then will wonder what we were thinking and I have a hard time believing it will be the downfall of our society. I went to a Republican debate in Iowa and got a kick out of the fact that there were all these questions about *** marriage, and probably very few people in the audience knew any married *** couples, yet everyone knows many divorced people and that question never came up. I tend to think that divorce is much more destructive to our society than *** marriage, but that doesn't mean I believe it should be illegal.

• Upvote 4

Being g a y has no bearing on what kind of person you are. I don't want to be considered something evil

because of my take on the subject. Heck, my brother is a cross dressing, out of the closet, homosexual.

That doesn't make him less of a person. I am simply stating that not only will it take you to hell, but

in the end society will never accept it as normal behavior. Right or wrong that is the truth.[/b][/size]

LOL I am a heterosexual woman and let me tell you............ "Normal behavior" will never be used to describe me, and many communities are predominantly g a y.

• Upvote 3

marying-animals.jpg

Whether you morally are opposed to *** marriage is MUCH different than basic civil liberties. I am pretty sure our Declaration of Independence calls for the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and our Constitution calls for the equal protection of the law. I also believe our Constitution calls for a separation of church and state. I have no problem with any religion saying they don't believe in *** marriage or not allowing it in their church, but to not give gays the same rights as anyone else under the law is a totally different issue. It has been framed as a moral and religious issue versus a civil liberties issue as it should be IMO. If we want to legislate morality, then shouldn't divorce, adultery, pre-marital sex, gambling, etc all be illegal too? I wonder how many making judgments in this thread have committed any of those acts?

Guilty......Dang it ( hangs head and walks away despondently ) ;)

Some of you keep using the old testament as a reference for your opinions. The old testament became wisdom when Jesus came on the scene. Now in those years refered to in the old testament the people were trying to find their way in life and remember it was called the beginning years. Satan has influenced man from the start of Adam and Eve. Satan was a fallen angel from heaven because he tried to overthrow God. He and the angels who sided with him were banished and thrown out forever. Satan made a vow to take as many of God's believers with him before the end of time. The new testament is our instruction book for eternal life with our saviour.

He has been working hard to do just that. Sometimes God spoke with a thundering voice to the people in the beginning years but since his son Jesus came to earth as an advocate for our sins, he stays silent. This is where faith was born. Faith is the belief in Jesus Christ even though you haven't literally seen him because of his love. Now faith is only abtained when the heart is humbled enough in truth and spirit to feel the mighty love of Jesus coming into your life. Repentence is required for past life and a prayer of asking for forgiveness in the name of the lord. One cannot now or ever understand how a christian is grounded in our faith until he or she wants to truly experience it themselves. They also can't understand how we can be so loving and caring for people known and unknown, for example i had a guy who worked beside me a few years back always wondered asking questions from me about God and how it works to get saved. He was somewhat arrogant in his thinking and answered with rude answers but i could tell he was fishing for answers . He said one day during the course of our conversation, "Ok God i'm ready saved me". I told him he was approached God with the wrong attitudeand it doesn't work like that, he had to humble himself and first ask Jesus in sincerity to forgive him and come into his life and change him.

Jesus will not answer a arrogant prideful type prayer because he knows what you are doing and he will stay silent. He love all regardless and he is slow to anger but he hates the sinful ways of man and he will bring stumbling blocks through our lives to get our attention. If he ever turns his back on someone because of their hardened heart to survive on their own its gonna be a sad day. We could argue this subject of homosexuality and the side that feels it is just and their right will never see the real truth. I hope all will confess one day their sinful ways. Forgiveness is just a sincere prayer away.

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that the Old Testament is valid or not? If you are then you must believe it's ok to have multiple wives as many biblical patriarchs did. You must believe it's ok to keep slaves because many biblical figures did. You must believe it's the right thing to do to take your disobedient child to the city gates and stone him or her to death because that was the law. If you do then you must condone genocide for that is what your god commanded. He directed his chosen people to slay everything that lived, men, women, children, oxen, asses, everything. Read your holy book and understand the history of your faith before you talk about where and when it was born. Your faith isn't about love and love alone. It's about fear, about eternal punishment for anyone who doesn't toe the line. Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely no one is stopping *** couples from getting married.

Its a legal issue....they cannot have a marriage license in 32 states

they can still get married and have a civil union :rolleyes:

I think it is more about the benefits than anything. *** people want what heterosexuals have always had. Tax benefits...........health benefits. As far as I know, they can't have that with a civil union. LOVE the pic btw! Thx for the laugh!

Edited by dhardage

I think it is more about the benefits than anything. *** people want what heterosexuals have always had. Tax benefits...........health benefits. As far as I know, they can't have that with a civil union. LOVE the pic btw! Thx for the laugh!

Your welcome. :D

I have heard the tax benefit side to this story, but they dont

say that anymore. It must not have played well, now its a fairness issue.

There are lots of tax benefits I'd like to have too, Im not going to get

them though.

Your welcome. :D

I have heard the tax benefit side to this story, but they dont

say that anymore. It must not have played well, now its a fairness issue.

There are lots of tax benefits I'd like to have too, Im not going to get

them though.

I'm curious, what kind of tax benefits do you feel that you are entitled to that you aren't getting? If two people choose to share their lives then why should one couple be given a break on taxes just because it is composed of two different genders and the other is not:? It is about fairness and about equal treatment under the law. There are those who want to use the law to be unfair, to treat peple with less consideration simply because of their sexual orientation. This is unfair. This is not what law is meant to do, not law's true purpose.

• Upvote 2

who watches us and keeps a running tally of our good and bad deeds. We don't need to force our beliefs on others to make ourselves feel superior. I will say it again. Grow up.

Read more:

How is it that you can't have this conversation without getting so upset? Grow up?

Please like I don't have a rite to my view. And by the way I don't know what god your

referring to but what you just described aint my God.

I'm curious, what kind of tax benefits do you feel that you are entitled to that you aren't getting? If two people choose to share their lives then why should one couple be given a break on taxes just because it is composed of two different genders and the other is not:? It is about fairness and about equal treatment under the law. There are those who want to use the law to be unfair, to treat peple with less consideration simply because of their sexual orientation. This is unfair. This is not what law is meant to do, not law's true purpose.

I didnt say benefits I was entitled to :D

I did say it has come down to a fairness issue.

Is it fair that I cant marry a horse, and get health

benefits for my partner? Veterinarian bills are

expensive.

Its really a moot point right now, the people have voted.

even in California :blink:

Sin in who's eyes, Mongo? Your god (Yes, small g) wasn't the first and isn't the only one by a long stretch. Even the Bible never said that. It said he was the one TRUE god and that there should be no god before him. Sin has been redefined by each successive generation and not that long ago it was a 'sin' to marry outside of one's race. Where do you stand on that issue? I'm more than fed up with a religious minority (yes, Christianity isn't the largest religion on the planet) trying to tell EVERYONE how to live their lives. If you're a true Christian, you will live as Christ did. He never tried to force people to live as He did, He never tried to enact laws to enforce His own views. He never condemned ANYONE except those who used religion for their own benefit. Be Christlike and I'll never have a word to say against you. Continue to act like a spoiled child who must have everyone saying and thinking the same way you do and you will find yourself opposed at every turn by the real adults of the world.

I stopped reading your post when you lied about christianity not being the largest religion on the planet. Googling largest religion comes up with Christianity being the largest on virtually every site that comes up.

Well Obama just endorsed *** marriage, he said that they should have the same right to get married as a man and a woman. He is the first US president to do so in history. The morals of this country is slowly going to the dogs. This man is pulling out all stops to get people to vote for him this coming election. How much more do you need to vote this man out. He is destroying the very fabric of this country. I know some will heckle me about and that is fine, i don't agree with *** marriage, it is not natural and it sure will be dealth with severely by God. This country is going the way of ruin and he is letting it happen because of our ignorant ways. God help us.

think about it many christians voted for him to that position

think about it many christians voted for him to that position

Yes they did, i didn't because there was some things that didn't add up in my book. There were many christians that voted for him because he presueded them in his slick talking that he was the one to change the country for the good. What he forgot to tell everyone was that it was his way of good. His Muslim way and he has confessed that he still holds true to this has no place in a freedom loving country. He is passing laws using executive orders to destroy what this country was into what he believes it should be. So change yes he did, by the way all who voted for him "hows that working out for you" still got a job, losing your house, taking your freedom, making you a prisoner in your own country. Change yes he did because people didn't care enough to study the candidate before electing him......Now look at where we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It kills me for people to say the famous phrase " i believe in a higher power but i haven't figured out what yet". You have to believe something is there to be against it, society has been brought up to bypass God and his teachings. The Old Testament became wisdom when Jesus entered the world, the New Testament is what christians should be living by. To condemn someone i will not because it is not my place. To know the difference between right and wrong is my place and i will have to answer for what i do in this life. Most people do not even believe there is a life after this one and that is a choice. Believe or not except is personal but there are consquences for our actions. It can best be summed up this way. Two men were out in a boat having a conversation about what they have been told all their life, one said to the other if i step out of this boat i can stand on the top of the water so will you join me so we can prove it and the other said no because i was told that i would drown. Point being this when each one of us were growning up we except what we are taught. Was this a choice when we where small no because of the age of accountability, when we grew older yes because we choose not educate ourselves with the truth. Most people won't admit to it but they are afraid of being a christian because they would have to confess before the lord that they were wrong. Everday i can see why the Book of Revelations says that the gates of Hell will be wide open for the masses of people who will enter. But the sad thing is their hearts are so hardened against even trying to understand the truth they will suffer the consquences. Believe in God and his truth or turn your head and keep walking. I will not condemn you but i will tell you the truth and let you take it from there.

It kills me for people to say the famous phrase " i believe in a higher power but i haven't figured out what yet". You have to believe something is there to be against it, society has been brought up to bypass God and his teachings. The Old Testament became wisdom when Jesus entered the world, the New Testament is what christians should be living by. To condemn someone i will not because it is not my place. To know the difference between right and wrong is my place and i will have to answer for what i do in this life. Most people do not even believe there is a life after this one and that is a choice. Believe or not except is personal but there are consquences for our actions. It can best be summed up this way. Two men were out in a boat having a conversation about what they have been told all their life, one said to the other if i step out of this boat i can stand on the top of the water so will you join me so we can prove it and the other said no because i was told that i would drown. Point being this when each one of us were growning up we except what we are taught. Was this a choice when we where small no because of the age of accountability, when we grew older yes because we choose not educate ourselves with the truth. Most people won't admit to it but they are afraid of being a christian because they would have to confess before the lord that they were wrong. Everday i can see why the Book of Revelations says that the gates of Hell will be wide open for the masses of people who will enter. But the sad thing is their hearts are so hardened against even trying to understand the truth they will suffer the consquences. Believe in God and his truth or turn your head and keep walking. I will not condemn you but i will tell you the truth and let you take it from there.

Thank you for anonymously sharing the truth. :mellow:

GO RV, then BV

Heavyduty53, this is one subject that gets everyone's blood boiling.

But I would like to say this...if you can't create notice key word create a beautiful, special child between a man and man or woman and woman relationship, you should not carry the title "Marriage". Call it anything else but the title Marriage is not deserved by wrong doing. Marriage stands for creation, bringing forth children of God. This will not and can not be done.

satan has his hand in this, and has a tight grip. This will be a battle for Gods people to stand firm...and we will

If you don't believe in satan, you will when your end comes. Prayers to the deceived, the lost and those that are in satan's grip.

• Upvote 1

I would like you to put to the side ... Joint Taxes.. Health care.. etc etc.... Those are just a few of many that ( hetero ) married people are enititled to....but *** couples are not ....

This is a true story.....

How would you like to be told ... By A NURSE AND OR DOCTOR..... " SORRY YOUR NOT FAMILY" .... your not allowed in the ER.... you have to wait in the visitors waiting room...... OR how about this one...... while you are waiting because your not considered family OR LEGALLY MARRIED..... and nurse comes out to say;... sorry about your FRIEND !!! but they died....FRIEND ??? 20 YEAR committed relationship and your just a friend?? ...

so while some of you judge... how would you like it if your wife or husband was in the ER ... and they told you ... 'YOUR not allowed to hold thier hand... your not allowed to sit by thier side... YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO say .. MAYBE FOR THE LAST TIME I LOVE YOU !!... all because you are not protected by law....

just want equal rights under the law.. to be able to protect my family as you protect yours.

GOD BLESS ...

• Upvote 4

It's all political.

He's flip-flopping for votes.

Amendment One in NC bans *** marriage in the Constitution. Passed by all the redneck christians.

OK time for Amendment Two. Christians fundies must ask a pagan before they can procreate.

Too many angry, stupid people around...look at the vote.

Not just redneck Christians.

Maybe your wrong? hmmmm. ;)

marriage_map.gif

Edited by krome2ez

It's all political.

He's flip-flopping for votes.

Not just redneck Christians.

Maybe your wrong? hmmmm. ;)

marriage_map.gif

It doesn't matter how many times he flip flops for votes or spews out lies, what does matter is we the people better wake up and i mean the masses of people to whats going on and not let this man of deception back in the White House again. He has decieved us long enough and forced his will upon us at our expense. Wake up America.

I would like you to put to the side ... Joint Taxes.. Health care.. etc etc.... Those are just a few of many that ( hetero ) married people are enititled to....but *** couples are not ....

How would you like to be told ... By A NURSE AND OR DOCTOR..... " SORRY YOUR NOT FAMILY" .... your not allowed in the ER.... you have to wait in the visitors waiting room...... OR how about this one...... while you are waiting because your not considered family OR LEGALLY MARRIED..... and nurse comes out to say;... sorry about your FRIEND !!! but they died....FRIEND ??? 20 YEAR committed relationship and your just a friend?? ...

so while some of you judge... how would you like it if your wife or husband was in the ER ... and they told you ... 'YOUR not allowed to hold thier hand... your not allowed to sit by thier side... YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO say .. MAYBE FOR THE LAST TIME I LOVE YOU !!... all because you are not protected by law....

just want equal rights under the law.. to be able to protect my family as you protect yours.

GOD BLESS ...

You are far off base with this. You are using false statements to try to prove your point. Are you secretly posing as sammiePJ while in truth you are BO? The scenarios you just named don't happen! Hospitals and doctors cannot discriminate in this way! If your insurance carrier has refused on those grounds and the hospital or doctor refuses non-life-threatening services that is not the hospital or doctor. That's your insurance and you knew that already! They can not refuse in a life-threatening situation. And who would be goofy enough to refuse to allow you to hold someones hand? How would they know what the relationship ios? Unless you are wearing it on your shoulder like a bad attitude. Or unless it is a time of critical care and you would be sked to leave regardless of your relationship. This is the norm for parties who have no grounds to stand on...make up non-sensical situations that MIGHT COULD HAPPEN SOMEWHWERE SOMETIME! And I mean might could! You will need to do better than that!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GOD BLESS ...

All i can say is that i feel bad for you if this is what happened to you but you have your emotions driving you in the wrong direction as i have already said. I won't condemn you nor will i pass judgement it is not my place. I will say this why don't you sit down and have a heart to heart talk with God and just see if he will give you some answers to your problems. If you are sincere with him he will be sincere with you through a sign or an emotion but you will see that he is there and ready to forgive and help. This way of life is an abomination to him who is the father of all creation. He will help you if you are willing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All i can say is that i feel bad for you if this is what happened to you but you have your emotions driving you in the wrong direction as i have already said. I won't condemn you nor will i pass judgement it is not my place. I will say this why don't you sit down and have a heart to heart talk with God and just see if he will give you some answers to your problems. If you are sincere with him he will be sincere with you through a sign or an emotion but you will see that he is there and ready to forgive and help. This way of life is an abomination to him who is the father of all creation. He will help you if you are willing.

Nice job of not passing judgement or condemnation. :angry: Maybe you should quit while you're behind.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1