Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Really....when do you think it will happen

I'm sticking with Adam's take on this. Iraq/CBI stand to make a LOT of money if they RV low, at about $.10 US per IQD, and then ratchet up the value over time to about 1:1. My guess is, for reasons of pride alone, they'll stabilize a small amount above the dollar.

All the signs are good for Iraq to exit chapter 7 in June; that may well be followed quickly by passage of the HCL, assuming the Kurds and Baghdad settle their differences (honestly, despite all the rhetoric, I don't see the Kurds being allowed to secede from Iraq; there are too many other interests that would be disrupted if that were to occur). So I think sometime in mid-June wuld be the next viable window for a low value RV. $.10 USD per IQD? I'll take it in a heart beat! :D

• Upvote 1

Which part of sanctions restrict the value of the currency?? blink.gif

you are correct they can revalue under chapter 7 sanctions but to go international will NOT happen until they are completely out of chapter 7 because no one will want to trade it under sanctions under the UN.

• Upvote 2

Which part of sanctions restrict the value of the currency?? blink.gif

Absolutely none. But Arabs care more about appearances than anything and they

will not rv/rd or whatever while under any sanctions as that would look too much like

Saddam Hussein. And as easy said they will want to be internationally traded first, so

no rv till 7 is removed.

• Upvote 2

you are correct they can revalue under chapter 7 sanctions but to go international will NOT happen until they are completely out of chapter 7 because no one will want to trade it under sanctions under the UN.

Why would no one want to trade it while sanctions are still present? What I am getting at is there are no remaining sanctions that prohibit the dinar from being traded and accepted...never has been....its because there is low demand for the dinar since there is no huge purpose for it....in the surrounding countries there might be some and its possible its being accepted, but there is no international demand for it except for speculators like us.

Absolutely none. But Arabs care more about appearances than anything and they

will not rv/rd or whatever while under any sanctions as that would look too much like

Saddam Hussein. And as easy said they will want to be internationally traded first, so

no rv till 7 is removed.

Im tryin to follow you here....how is it that they would look like Saddam by doing anything legit with their currency?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why would no one want to trade it while sanctions are still present? What I am getting at is there are no remaining sanctions that prohibit the dinar from being traded and accepted...never has been....its because there is low demand for the dinar since there is no huge purpose for it....in the surrounding countries there might be some and its possible its being accepted, but there is no international demand for it except for speculators like us.

Im tryin to follow you here....how is it that they would look like Saddam by doing anything legit with their currency?

They were placed under ch 7 sanctions while he was in power, and because of what he did.

This caused there currency to not be internationally recognized, traded, or used anywhere other than

in Iraq. They, IMHO, wont let the rate go until Iraq is internationally accepted and that wont be until

7 is lifted. For them it's all about saving face. For us it's a waiting game and a misdirection game of

smoke and mirrors until 7 is gone. Then you will see everything fall into place in a matter of days.

• Upvote 2

They were placed under ch 7 sanctions while he was in power, and because of what he did.

This caused there currency to not be internationally recognized, traded, or used anywhere other than

in Iraq. They, IMHO, wont let the rate go until Iraq is internationally accepted and that wont be until

7 is lifted. For them it's all about saving face. For us it's a waiting game and a misdirection game of

smoke and mirrors until 7 is gone. Then you will see everything fall into place in a matter of days.

I could be wrong here but the dinar was never internationally traded....was never really accepted in most countries except SOME surrounding countries like Jordan for instance....and its simply because there is no use or demand for it outside the country....doesnt really matter about the sanctions...thats not what took the dinar off the "international market"...it simply was never there....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

As i said in a previous thread

When i first got into this investment it was as i recall a 10 year plan.

I got into it in aug 2003.

I think the plan started in late 2002.

So either this year or the next for it to hopefully come to its fruition.

Not to say it can happen sooner though. ;)

• Upvote 1

I believe it will not have any decent value until the euro and dollar collapse and we move away from fiat money. I think when they put "In God We Trust" they were not speaking of Yahweh, Jesus Christ or Buddha. I think they were speaking of the belief in this money system that is backed by the paper it is written on. We have belief in paper and the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is run by a group of private bankers that are primarily Khazars. Look at the back of the dollar and see the symbol above the eagle. That's right the eagle that is the United States which control war and peace with the arrows and the olive branches. So when after the Shiite hits the fan and the dust settles in this world we will have trust in paper that represents real things. Like the wheat that is on the 25000 note. And we go back to common law like Hammurabi's code also on the 25000 note. You know, the one that says eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Not the law that says he who has the most money to pay the best lawyers for the longest period of the time wins.

I'm sticking with Adam's take on this. Iraq/CBI stand to make a LOT of money if they RV low, at about $.10 US per IQD, and then ratchet up the value over time to about 1:1. My guess is, for reasons of pride alone, they'll stabilize a small amount above the dollar.

All the signs are good for Iraq to exit chapter 7 in June; that may well be followed quickly by passage of the HCL, assuming the Kurds and Baghdad settle their differences (honestly, despite all the rhetoric, I don't see the Kurds being allowed to secede from Iraq; there are too many other interests that would be disrupted if that were to occur). So I think sometime in mid-June wuld be the next viable window for a low value RV. $.10 USD per IQD? I'll take it in a heart beat! :D

The CBI doesn't make money off of an RV. They actually pay money out. Every single currency unit is a liability. You can't just make money worth more because you feel prideful... Are you being serious?

There are way too many people here who don't even understand basic economics, you guys need to be careful with your investments. People's reasoning for an RV is absurd. Lately I have just been turned off by most DV member's lack of knowledge and understanding of basic economics.

Is Apple's stock worth more because they have pride in their company? No! If this is the case then I will create a company with a lousy product, bad marketing plan, and a horrible structure. BUT, my company's shares will be worth more than Berkshire Hathaway because I am proud of my business. I will tell people that my company is worth 30 Trillion because that is what I feel it is valued at. Forget about anything else, if I say it is worth 30 Trillion people will believe it and buy shares of my company, no questions asked. That is how people view the value of the IQD. It will be worth more than every other country on the planet, combined, because they say so via an RV.

• Upvote 4

The CBI doesn't make money off of an RV. They actually pay money out. Every single currency unit is a liability. You can't just make money worth more because you feel prideful... Are you being serious?

There are way too many people here who don't even understand basic economics, you guys need to be careful with your investments. People's reasoning for an RV is absurd. Lately I have just been turned off by most DV member's lack of knowledge and understanding of basic economics.

Is Apple's stock worth more because they have pride in their company? No! If this is the case then I will create a company with a lousy product, bad marketing plan, and a horrible structure. BUT, my company's shares will be worth more than Berkshire Hathaway because I am proud of my business. I will tell people that my company is worth 30 Trillion because that is what I feel it is valued at. Forget about anything else, if I say it is worth 30 Trillion people will believe it and buy shares of my company, no questions asked. That is how people view the value of the IQD. It will be worth more than every other country on the planet, combined, because they say so via an RV.

well said :twothumbs:

....So I think sometime in mid-June wuld be the next viable window for a low value RV. $.10 USD per IQD? I'll take it in a heart beat! :D

End Quote

It wouldn't ba a low value for me ... We're talking about 100 times our Capital... ( minus fees, etc).....

:tiphat:

Well that was dire Terry. So why are we here?

Well that was dire Terry. So why are we here?

Most people are here because they fell for a pipe dream without doing any basic research.

IF the CBI was withdrawing currency from circulation via the currency auctions and stopped printing Dinar we could see an over night RV of somewhere between $0.01 - $0.10. But they haven't...

IF they decide to gradually increase the value of the IQD we could make a decent return over time. Unfortunately, they have basically kept it pegged for the past 3 years. When I got in back in 2006 they were gradually increasing and I thought we had something good. I watched it go from about 1450:1 down to 1170:1 from 2006 - 2008. Shoot, if they had kept increasing the value by about 3-5 Dinars per day we would be at 1:1 by now! But they aren't doing this...

IF, and I mean a BIG IF, the "RV" is the master key to the global financial collapse as some predict, well, that is some people's reasoning behind a substantial RV even if the M2 is almost 70 Trillion now...

IF they decide to LOP their currency, well then we would lose a small amount of money.

IF they decide to LOP and then RV their currency, well we would make a small return.

The above are the different possibilities that I see. None of which carry a large risk to investors, so this is a relatively safe, speculative venture.

**My observations show me that most here are not investors, they are average people who were told something and fell for it because it would make them rich. No understanding of economics, no prior investment experience, and sometimes no common sense. Hopes and dreams is the main driver behind people's reasoning behind a substantial RV.

I am sorry to put it like this but I am stating the truth. The value of a country's currency is NOT based on pride! Isn't this absurd to think so?

Also, by bringing a realistic approach to this speculation doesn't make me a "mean guy." What it does is show another side of the investment. If there are 2 analysts who are analyzing APPLE and one says it is over valued and will more than likely drop in the near future. The other analyst says it is going to double in price during the next few years. Should people holding APPLE stock be mad at the analyst who says it is overvalued and should drop in price soon? I don't think so...

• Upvote 3

So really when do you think it will happen? What do you think is the logical amount it will come out at.

August/September this year. I'm not expecting a huge shift, maybe 1:40 then decline under pressure then stabilize next year.

Cant see the economics of 1:1 or better. Pipe dream to me.

I dont even know where these big RV amounts of 1:1 and more came from. Where did they originate?

Edited by Goodlife
  • Upvote 1

So really when do you think it will happen? What do you think is the logical amount it will come out at.

August/September this year. I'm not expecting a huge shift, maybe 1:40 then decline under pressure then stabilize next year.

Cant see the economics of 1:1 or better. Pipe dream to me.

I dont even know where these big RV amounts of 1:1 and more came from. Where did they originate?

That would be a nice jump in value! The 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1 RV tales had to have come from the Dinar dealers back when the new currency was printed. A marketing scheme which went viral!

• Upvote 1