Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New oilfields discovered in Kurdistan.

Luigi1

From another site....

Iraqi Kurds say they have struck a new oil find at the disputed district of Shaikhan, north of the city of Mosul.

According to the report from Azzaman, the discovery of reserves of up to 917 million barrels in an area close to Mosul, the capital Nineveh, is certain to fuel tension between Iraqi Kurds and the central government in Baghdad. According to the report from Azzaman, the discovery of reserves of up to 917 million barrels in an area close to Mosul, the capital Nineveh, is certain to fuel tension between Iraqi Kurds and the central government in Baghdad.

Read more. See link below...

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/04/22/new-oil-discovery-in-iraqi-kurdistan/

This should motivate Parliament to get the EBRIL & GOI passed at the earliest possible dates.

What's your view on this find?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This will increase their ( Kurds) determination to get independent from Baghdad and create their own State.

Remains to be seen if they will achieve that.

If Iraq breaks up into two or tthree republics, it could affect the RV rate. A strong united Iraq is in our best interest. Just my opine on this.

Thanks for posting this. Looks good for the Kurds...might not be good for us.

Agree. This is bound to have an impact on Iraq's total worth & the value of the IQD RV.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To me this is great new if maliki wants to share this new found wealth with the kurds he needs to play ball money brings people together. Yes, I agree with Luigi statement this will affect the IQD and that means a higher rate possibly in the works. Find some more oil Iraq.biggrin.gif

Edited by easyrider

To me this is great new if maliki wants to share this new found wealth with the kurds he needs to play ball money brings people together. Yes, I agree with Luigi statement this will affect the IQD and that means a higher rate possibly in the works. Find some more oil Iraq.biggrin.gif

Parliament needs stop the foot dragging & get the EBRIL & GOI passed or face losing out if the Kurds decide to go independent. This will have a profound & deep impact on the RV if Iraq breaks appart into three republics.

these people need to all come together as one as we could be in for a much longer wait!!!!

You nailed it.

This could affect everyone's bottom line if Parliamet allows this opportunity to slip by through more delays.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Parliament needs stop the foot dragging & get the EBRIL & GOI passed or face losing out if the Kurds decide to go independent. This will have a profound & deep impact on the RV if Iraq breaks appart into three republics.

luigi you should know thats never gonna happen, its all a ploy and a threat to do so. Baghdad is very wealthy and the kurds want to share that wealth as well, doubt that will ever occur they need to just come to grips of both want to make a lot of money they need to play nice together.

luigi you should know thats never gonna happen, its all a ploy and a threat to do so. Baghdad is very wealthy and the kurds want to share that wealth as well, doubt that will ever occur they need to just come to grips of both want to make a lot of money they need to play nice together.

I hope you are correct.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

these people need to all come together as one as we could be in for a much longer wait!!!!

Kurds never felt part of Iraq .. ..Just like other Kurdish Minorities never felt part of Turkey, Syria and Iran...

Besides they always got mistreated, killed and tortured....And that only increased exponentially their desire for Freedom / Independence...

I would think they are patiently waiting....

They usually ( in their respective Countries) enjoy the "Special Region" status allowing them for example to teach and learn their own language in schools, etc. ...

But it's not enough for them... They want to achieve Country status..

Again, I don't know if / when they will be able to do that.

Edited by umbertino

Yuuuuuuuuup,This is a great find. It gives the Kurds a even bigger chip in the game to force Maliki and crew to get off the pot and do something. It makes their threat to split more powerful. They are, for better or worse, in a symbiotic relationship and therefore are better off individually if they stay a united single country. It may give them the push they need to get someone else into Maliki's job and pull the trigger on this long awaited R.V. Maybe even a Kurd, they do seem to have a better handle on security, economics, internatinal affairs, lowering impediments to trade, and fairness.

• Upvote 2

Massud Barzani, the president of Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan, said he opposes the sale of F-16 warplanes to Iraq while Nuri al-Maliki is premier, as he fears they would be used against the region.

The United States has agreed to sell 36 F-16 jets to Baghdad in a multi-billion-dollar deal aimed at increasing the capabilities of Iraq's fledgling air force, a weak point in its national defences.

"The F-16 must not reach the hand of this man," Barzani told reporters at his residence near the Kurdistan region's capital Arbil on Sunday, referring to Maliki.

"We must either prevent him from having these weapons, or if he has them, he should not stay in his position," Barzani said.

Barzani alleged that Maliki had discussed using F-16s against Kurdistan during a meeting with military officers.

"During a military meeting, they talked about problems between Baghdad and Arbil," Barzani said.

"They told him, 'Sir, just give us the authority, and we would kick them out of Arbil,'" Barzani said. "And (Maliki) answered: 'Wait until the arrival of the F-16.'"

There are long-running disagreements between Kurdistan and the central government over disputed territory and dozens of energy contracts Kurdistan has signed without the approval of Baghdad, but tensions have recently reached a new high.

Barzani accused Maliki of aiming to "kill the democratic process" after the head of Iraq's electoral commission was arrested for alleged corruption, and previously said Maliki was moving toward dictatorship.

Earlier this month, Kurdistan stopped oil exports over $1.5 billion owed to foreign oil companies working in the region that it says Baghdad has withheld.

The central government's top two oil officials responded by saying Arbil owed Baghdad more than $5 billion in promised exports, and was smuggling the oil it produced to Iran.

Kurdistan also hosted Iraq's Sunni Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi after he was accused of running a death squad and declined to hand him over to the central government.

The region then permitted the fugitive official to leave on a trip that first took him to Qatar, then Saudi Arabia, and now Turkey.

They are a long way from playing nice....a very long way. :P Maliki is as much a wild card as Allawi or Sadr....no telling what these boys will do to each other given the chance :huh: And contrary to popular belief, money does not solve all problems....it's the root of all evil most of the time as I believe it is for Iraq. Don't look for this thing to RV anytime soon....JMHO :D

• Upvote 2

Massud Barzani, the president of Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan, said he opposes the sale of F-16 warplanes to Iraq while Nuri al-Maliki is premier, as he fears they would be used against the region.

The United States has agreed to sell 36 F-16 jets to Baghdad in a multi-billion-dollar deal aimed at increasing the capabilities of Iraq's fledgling air force, a weak point in its national defences.

"The F-16 must not reach the hand of this man," Barzani told reporters at his residence near the Kurdistan region's capital Arbil on Sunday, referring to Maliki.

"We must either prevent him from having these weapons, or if he has them, he should not stay in his position," Barzani said.

Barzani alleged that Maliki had discussed using F-16s against Kurdistan during a meeting with military officers.

"During a military meeting, they talked about problems between Baghdad and Arbil," Barzani said.

"They told him, 'Sir, just give us the authority, and we would kick them out of Arbil,'" Barzani said. "And (Maliki) answered: 'Wait until the arrival of the F-16.'"

There are long-running disagreements between Kurdistan and the central government over disputed territory and dozens of energy contracts Kurdistan has signed without the approval of Baghdad, but tensions have recently reached a new high.

Barzani accused Maliki of aiming to "kill the democratic process" after the head of Iraq's electoral commission was arrested for alleged corruption, and previously said Maliki was moving toward dictatorship.

Earlier this month, Kurdistan stopped oil exports over $1.5 billion owed to foreign oil companies working in the region that it says Baghdad has withheld.

The central government's top two oil officials responded by saying Arbil owed Baghdad more than $5 billion in promised exports, and was smuggling the oil it produced to Iran.

Kurdistan also hosted Iraq's Sunni Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi after he was accused of running a death squad and declined to hand him over to the central government.

The region then permitted the fugitive official to leave on a trip that first took him to Qatar, then Saudi Arabia, and now Turkey.

They are a long way from playing nice....a very long way. :P Maliki is as much a wild card as Allawi or Sadr....no telling what these boys will do to each other given the chance :huh: And contrary to popular belief, money does not solve all problems....it's the root of all evil most of the time as I believe it is for Iraq. Don't look for this thing to RV anytime soon....JMHO :D

Agree. A lot of hard work & negociations are still ahead. Without unity & trust, there can be no strong IQD rate.

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with this. I see no RV in the near future. I have been invested for over 7 years. I know the believers are going to hit that negative button but it makes no difference to me.

• Upvote 2