Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We will see it start moving very,very soon

randalln

Sorry but there is no data upload via the GPS network. Receivers only listen for messages broadcast from the satellites.

Sort of. There is no technology to "make it say anything". So much infrastructure depends on GPS now that even turning Selective Availability back on (that dithers the timestamps to non-encoded receivers to make the receiver less accurate) would likely be a huge blow to our economy. There are also is a Russian system operating (CLONASS) and an EU one being deployed (operational in 2020, Galileo) and a Chinese system (Compass) also scheduled to be operational in 2020. All of which are global by nature so anyone can use them if you have a compatible receiver. Mutli-system receives will be available as well no doubt. Rather a waste that we could not have cooperated via the UN or something to share resources. So turning ours off would really only hurt us.

Dont believe every thing you read .............for any thing to receive a signal it has to send a signal .......more information can be sent in a nana-bit ....than you could ever imagine

Dont believe every thing you read .............for any thing to receive a signal it has to send a signal .......more information can be sent in a nana-bit ....than you could ever imagine

Total nonsense. You obviously have no understanding of how GPS works, or just radio for that matter, or what technology is used (nor do I know what a nana-bit is).

Total nonsense. You obviously have no understanding of how GPS works, or just radio for that matter, or what technology is used (nor do I know what a nana-bit is).

I guess you gana tell me that all the billion dollar satellites that the GPS network is attached too .......are just there for the battery power .....and that the $10,000 per min bill from all our GPS sat-phones is just make believe

Because they really dont exist ......do some more research sad.gif

I guess you gana tell me that all the billion dollar satellites that the GPS network is attached too .......are just there for the battery power

Huh? The GPS system is composed of ~26 satellites (I don't know the exact current number). I don't know what you mean by "attached too".

.....and that the $10,000 per min bill from all our GPS sat-phones is just make believe

Because they really dont exist ......do some more research sad.gif

You don't have a GPS sat phone. The sat phone network is a different set of satellites that of course send and receive data, but do not generate GPS location messages. You could have a sat phone that also had a GPS receiver in it, though I am not familiar with such a product. Edited by dvforumuser

:) I thought that was a nana-byte!

A nana-bit .....is a millionth of a bite ....and its encoded on crystal .....you wont even hear about it for another year .....but its coming from Korea ....its being used to make the 6 gen. LCD displays

wow is this what we're turning to nowadays? I thought we're all here for a common goal?

lets RV already... :)

you have entered the any thing goes forum ......Hosted by Randalllaugh.gif

how do you think that a rescue beacon gets you home if it ant sending a signal blink.gif

The satellites that pick up rescue beacons are also different from both GPS and sat phones. Here its completely the other way, the beacon only transmits to the satellite and it relays that message. The more advanced beacons (most today I'd guess) first get their position from GPS, then send that up with the distress message (rather like a 911 cell phone call).

A nana-bit .....is a millionth of a bite ....and its encoded on crystal .....you wont even hear about it for another year .....but its coming from Korea ....its being used to make the 6 gen. LCD displays

I don't know what your field of expertise is Randalln, but mine is technology and clearly yours is not. Stop embarrassing yourself. Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 3

The satellites that pick up rescue beacons are also different from both GPS and sat phones. Here its completely the other way, the beacon only transmits to the satellite and it relays that message. The more advanced beacons (most today I'd guess) first get their position from GPS, then send that up with the distress message (rather like a 911 cell phone call).

I don't know what your field of expertise is Randalln, but mine is technology and clearly yours is not. Stop embarrassing yourself.

And see that is where you limited by you arrogance .....but keep telling your self you right ....its ok

the new chips that are being grown .............thats right grown.............. are gold lined crystal infused.....and microscopic ....the platform that you are trained on dose not hold a candle to what is coming

what you are accustom too is 40 year old technology ......this is why we are losing the future race.....people that know it all wink.gif

dont fall for the good old boy texan stereotype .......I just might surprise you .........

Just because you don't know what it is ....don't mean its not real and here and now wink.gif

• Upvote 3

And see that is where you limited by you arrogance .....but keep telling your self you right ....its ok

the new chips that are being grown .............thats right grown.............. are gold lined crystal infused.....and microscopic ....the platform that you are trained on dose not hold a candle to what is coming

what you are accustom too is 40 year old technology ......this is why we are losing the future race.....people that know it all wink.gif

dont fall for the good old boy texan stereotype .......I just might surprise you .........

Just because you don't know what it is ....don't mean its not real and here and now wink.gif

You can't have data that is less than a bit. The fact that you think you can (once again) proves that you're clueless and just making things up. Even if your technology is so advanced that it takes a single subatomic particle to store a bit, you still can't have less than a bit. Your "millionth of a byte" is an impossible state. It's like saying you have a millionth of a penny (in USD, in hard cash). You can't, because it doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

also the technology you are referring too is 1st gen. GPS ......the system now uses cell,sat,radio,and transponders on all sending and receiving equipment around you at all times ......but i guess you dont believe that too ........

with the right encoding a device can be programed to piggyback a signal on just about anything with a battery and a processor .....and that ant Fantasy thats just facts son .....It was designed that way in the 60' before we even had a cell network

200px-Sbeacons.jpg
magnify-clip.pngEmergency position-indicating radio beacons or EPIRBs

Distress radio beacons, also known as emergency beacons, ELT or EPIRB, are tracking transmitters which aid in the detection and location of boats, aircraft, and people in distress. Strictly, they are radiobeacons that interface with worldwide offered service of Cospas-Sarsat, the international satellite system for search and rescue (SAR). When manually activated, or automatically activated upon immersion, such beacons send out a distress signal. The signals are monitored worldwide and the location of the distress is detected by non-geostationary satellites, and can be located by trilateration in combination with triangulation, respecting the varying quality of the signal received.[1]

In the case of 406 MHz beacons which transmit digital signals, the beacons can be uniquely identified almost instantly (via GEOSAR), and furthermore a GPS orGLONASS position can be encoded into the signal, which provides instantaneous identification of the registered user and its location. Frequently, by using the initial position provided via the satellite system, SAR aircraft and ground search parties can home in on the distress signals from the beacons and come to the aid of the concerned boat, aircraft, or people.

There are three types of distress radio beacons compatible with the Cospas-Sarsat system:[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_radiobeacon

You can't have data that is less than a bit. The fact that you think you can (once again) proves that you're clueless and just making things up. Even if your technology is so advanced that it takes a single subatomic particle to store a bit, you still can't have less than a bit. Your "millionth of a byte" is an impossible state. It's like saying you have a millionth of a penny (in USD, in hard cash). You can't, because it doesn't exist.

so i guess you believe in the finite also .....hahahahahah dont give up your day job As Dr. Kaku would say .....You dont know atoms from organisms

• Upvote 1

Who do you think is developing new technology? Scientists and engineers like me. I was in fact just starting to play with computers 40 years ago and know very well what that technology was all about and how it changed over the years, I've been one of the people making those changes. Give it up, you don't stand a chance.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

200px-Sbeacons.jpg

Distress radio beacons, also known as emergency beacons, ELT or EPIRB, are tracking transmitters which aid in the detection and location of boats, aircraft, and people in distress. Strictly, they are radiobeacons that interface with worldwide offered service of Cospas-Sarsat, the international satellite system for search and rescue (SAR). When manually activated, or automatically activated upon immersion, such beacons send out a distress signal. The signals are monitored worldwide and the location of the distress is detected by non-geostationary satellites, and can be located by trilateration in combination with triangulation, respecting the varying quality of the signal received.[1]

In the case of 406 MHz beacons which transmit digital signals, the beacons can be uniquely identified almost instantly (via GEOSAR), and furthermore a GPS orGLONASS position can be encoded into the signal, which provides instantaneous identification of the registered user and its location. Frequently, by using the initial position provided via the satellite system, SAR aircraft and ground search parties can home in on the distress signals from the beacons and come to the aid of the concerned boat, aircraft, or people.

There are three types of distress radio beacons compatible with the Cospas-Sarsat system:[2]

http://en.wikipedia....ess_radiobeacon

And here we are to prove my point .....thanks Mr Easter Bunny boc-boc

And here we are to prove my point .....thanks Mr Easter Bunny boc-boc

Read it again. It "embeds" a GPS or CLONASS position into the distress message. So just as I said, the beacon uses GPS (which is one way sat to receiver (other than maintenance commands of course as the orbits need constant tweaking), and the beacon computes its position and embeds that into its message that it sends to the distress satellites (different from GPS) that are the other way, beacon to satellite (then satellite to main ground station). Edited by dvforumuser

Who do you think is developing new technology? Scientists and engineers like me. I was in fact just starting to play with computers 40 years ago and know very well what that technology was all about and how it changed over the years, I've been one of the people making those changes. Give it up, you don't stand a chance.

That tells me you are limited by you age and mind set .......you should explore a new way of thinking out side the box .....even at 40 years old its hard for me to keep up with these new ideas but i dont discourage them ......

just think what you were watching on star trek is now what your talking to me with ......bet you never thought that would work .......are let me reframe bet you parents never let you believe that would work

Read it again. It "embeds" a GPS or CLONASS position into the distress message. So just as I said, the beacon uses GPS (which is one way sat to receiver (other than maintenance commands of course as the orbits need constant tweaking), and the beacon computes its position and embeds that into its message that it sends to the distress satellites (different from GPS) that are the other way, beacon to satellite (then satellite to main ground station).

we are acutely both right........ and on that i will agree ......but never think you know someone just by there disposition .....sometimes its a facade ...and that can bite you on the AZZ .......no pun intended laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

That tells me you are limited by you age and mind set .......you should explore a new way of thinking out side the box .....even at 40 years old its hard for me to keep up with these new ideas but i dont discourage them ......

You still don't get it, I've been doing new things for my entire career, it keeps me thinking about new things.

just think what you were watching on star trek is now what your talking to me with ......bet you never thought that would work .......are let me reframe bet you parents never let you believe that would work

Actually the communication and computer technology depicted in star trek is pretty crude in some ways. And guess what, I was using the very first Arpanet with only 14 sites in total, and my parents encouraged me to dream big. You have no idea what you are talking about.

200px-Sbeacons.jpg

Distress radio beacons, also known as emergency beacons, ELT or EPIRB, are tracking transmitters which aid in the detection and location of boats, aircraft, and people in distress.

Welcome to the site Sun Tzu sorry for the bickering back and forth ......post more often .......there are some more pretty smart people on here ......there is usually no subject matter but we make it up some time

we are acutely both right........ .

No, what you posted was simply wrong.

but never think you know someone just by there disposition .....sometimes its a facade ...and that can bite you on the AZZ .......no pun intended laugh.gif

I was not judging you by your disposition but the facts you claim in your posts, which were simply wrong. Your disposition, that you seem to think you know everything about everything, says something else.
  • Upvote 1

You still don't get it, I've been doing new things for my entire career, it keeps me thinking about new things.

Actually the communication and computer technology depicted in star trek is pretty crude in some ways. And guess what, I was using the very first Arpanet with only 14 sites in total, and my parents encouraged me to dream big. You have no idea what you are talking about.

So when you hear of something new dont pass it off like you know it could not work .....just because you have not had hands on proof ..........I have a school of Philipino students that are trying to make it work as we speak

And if this new way of compressing information down and layering it on crystal pans out .....we will have done what you guys only dream of ......the only thing close is what the Koreans are doing with LCD

No, what you posted was simply wrong.

I was not judging you by your disposition but the facts you claim in your posts, which were simply wrong. Your disposition, that you seem to think you know everything about everything, says something else.

Thats just my IQ getting the best of me .....dont hold that against me .....they should have never told me what it was when i was a kid ...biggrin.gif

But you should know that now even your refrigerator can send a beacon to the GPS system by way of the cell,radio,and every thing else it can connect with network

But you should know that now even your refrigerator can send a beacon to the GPS system by way of the cell,radio,and every thing else it can connect with network

sigh, no. A GPS receiver only listens, it does not send a beacon. That is completely different from a distress beacon that only sends to the distress satellite (and optionally only receives from the GPS satellites to compute and then embed its position in the distress message it sends). Edited by dvforumuser