Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Authorities cut mobile communications

Authorities cut mobile communications to prevent the targeting of Arab summit info.gif

بتاريخ : الخميس 29-03-2012 07:37 صباحا Date: Thursday, 29.03.2012 7:37

بغداد/ المدى Baghdad / term

Announced that the Iraqi Interior Ministry, on Wednesday, it had decided to shut down mobile communications in different areas of Baghdad to prevent the communication "terrorist groups" among them, which is part of the security plan approved by the Office of the Adjutant General of the Armed Forces. According to the ministry.

An official source at the ministry preferred to remain anonymous, told the Kurdish news agency that "the Interior Ministry decided to cut mobile communications in many parts of the capital Baghdad and run from time to time to prevent communication among terrorist groups."

The source explained that "cut off communications will not last long and will be returned to normal on Thursday afternoon, and these measures have taken place with the consent of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces have been formed a security committee to oversee the work of mobile communications."

The Assistant Secretary General of the Arab League announced Monday on the participation of some 12 Arab head of state at the Summit of Baghdad, which will discuss the situation in Syria and the restructuring of the Arab League, and will discuss the Arab summit in Baghdad developments "Arab spring", as well as traditional file, such as Palestinian issue and the Iranian nuclear file.

Among the most prominent the files in question, the file as it suspended the Syrian Arab League on 12 November (November) the membership of Syria, one of the founding members, in their meetings, because of repression by the regime forces in the face of an unprecedented popular uprising.

The Arab League and participate effectively in the Syrian file, especially after naming former Secretary-General Kofi Annan's envoy to the joint United Nations and the League to discuss the deal with the crisis in Syria. However, the League of Arab States remain divided on this issue at a time when Qatar is seeking to stay on top of the Committee in charge of the file of Syria.

For his part, the source of high-level security, on Wednesday, the existence of intelligence reports that armed groups from the provinces of Anbar and Diyala trying to enter Baghdad to target the summit to be held on Thursday.

The source said in a press statement yesterday, "that" accurate intelligence we received reports that some armed groups present in the provinces of Anbar and Diyala province, trying to enter Baghdad to target the summit. "

The source, who asked not to be named to the sensitivity of the subject that "security agencies had taken urgent action to effect the distribution of this information from military units and the closure of some ports and areas of Baghdad, in addition to cut mobile phone networks and Internet service for some time."

The MP for the Iraqi List and the head of the solution parliamentary Ziad Tariq had confirmed "the existence of" arbitrary arrests per day in the outskirts of Baghdad and nearby provinces without court orders under the pretext of providing precautions necessary security for the Arab summit in Baghdad, "noting that" the security services had informed the detainees that they will be released after the summit of Baghdad. "

A senior source revealed last Saturday, "that the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces Nuri al-Maliki used by 500 senior officer" with the elite "to protect the Arab Summit which will be held today.

The commander of the armed forces Nuri al-Maliki had ordered, last Thursday, the security forces to close the bridge of the Republic and all the roads leading to the Green Zone in Baghdad blast walls as measures within the precautionary security plan prepared for the summit of Baghdad.

The security sources confirmed that the security forces conducted a broad campaign in the areas of the outskirts of Baghdad and nearby provinces within the security plan prepared for the Arab summit to be held today in Baghdad, and managed security services first Tuesday of the arrest of wanted persons in accordance with Article 4 of the Anti-Terrorism Act in terms of rock cliff north of the city of Hilla, and three wanted men according to the article itself in terms of protoplasm north of the city in question.

But in Basra, he stressed the provincial police chief, Major General Faisal Al Kazim Abadi, the need to be security cautious and accurate in the subject put the necessary plans to control the security situation in Basra.

Ebadi said in comments carried by the agency Euphrates News after an extended meeting with the security services said on Wednesday that "the meeting of the collection managers of the security forces in Basra," pointing to "the necessity of taking precautions and inspection flour by the security forces at checkpoints and checkpoints."

He stressed "the need to carry out at different times in the entrances and exits of the city and good way to deal with citizens and taking into account the application of the law the right of any defendant."

http://translate.goo...adapaper.net%2F

• Upvote 3

Or maybe they don't want any news going out, if you know what I mean.:)

I wonder about that too Tony. Doesn't it seem strange that there is supposed to be a media black out, but so many of you newshounds have found us some great stuff this week. Makes you wonder if they just don't want their own people to know what is happening.

I wonder about that too Tony. Doesn't it seem strange that there is supposed to be a media black out, but so many of you newshounds have found us some great stuff this week. Makes you wonder if they just don't want their own people to know what is happening.

I guess they want to be safe and keep news from leaking, that's my opinion, as far as news we're getting some good stuff even with the blackout.

Come on guys your hopeing to much here, your ears are burning. LOL :blink:

So I guess you believe everything they tell you, you know sometimes we have to read between the lines.

Ok, imagine if Obama visited a nation and after arriving was told we are cutting all cell phone communication - now come on in this room and lets close the door and talk. No way would this happen - that phone is a life line for many of these Kings, Presidents, etc. Not to mention that these people are responsible for running countries - and they can't talk to the outside world? There is more to this than making sure terrorists can't communicate - I'm not buying that line for one minute! Thanks for the post!

This has got to be more than that....at previous Arab Summits have they always taken security measures to this extreme?? Does anyone know? *If I was an Iraqi citizen I would be pretty PO'ed for all the disruptions and everything shutting down for one meeting....

On top of everything else I'd be pi$$ed if I was an Iraqi for the government to spend this much money on an 'event' while the majority of the citizens live in poverty...

• Upvote 2

Ok, imagine if Obama visited a nation and after arriving was told we are cutting all cell phone communication - now come on in this room and lets close the door and talk. No way would this happen - that phone is a life line for many of these Kings, Presidents, etc. Not to mention that these people are responsible for running countries - and they can't talk to the outside world? There is more to this than making sure terrorists can't communicate - I'm not buying that line for one minute! Thanks for the post!

well as crazy as it may seem they have this thing that they have been using for years called LAND LINES FOR COMMUNICATION. :D

• Upvote 2

This has got to be more than that....at previous Arab Summits have they always taken security measures to this extreme?? Does anyone know? *If I was an Iraqi citizen I would be pretty PO'ed for all the disruptions and everything shutting down for one meeting....

On top of everything else I'd be pi$$ed if I was an Iraqi for the government to spend this much money on an 'event' while the majority of the citizens live in poverty...

I agree. I read where the one vendor only makes $10 a day to support his family, and although he is walking to work to sell his goods, no one is showing up to buy anything this week. He said he has no idea how he is going to take care of his family during this time. It is a shame that they have spent so much to entertain the Summit dignitaries, but their own people cannot survive. I pray that this thing does RV so their people can stop having to live like this.

well as crazy as it may seem they have this thing that they have been using for years called LAND LINES FOR COMMUNICATION. :D

Land lines? What's that? Just kidding - I'm old enough to know and I recall our first on the wall rotary phone being installed many many many years ago! LOL However, as comfortable as a land line may be for the political figures of Iraq, I am not sure it would be very comforting for the attendees from other nations or from their personal security forces. Especially considering the history of these ME nations. I still think there is more to this. :)

Edited by Dinarduo

Land lines? What's that? Just kidding - I'm old enough to know and I recall our first on the wall rotary phone being installed many many many years ago! LOL However, as comfortable as a land line may be for the political figures of Iraq, I am not sure it would be very comforting for the attendees from other nations or from their personal security forces. Especially considering the history of these ME nations. I still think there is more to this. :)

could be I hope it's RV related

So just reading between the lines .....under the cloak of the news blackout ( at least in Iraq ) I see it as possible for things like chapter 7 , erbil, and all the other backroom details to be kept on the down low. For some reason they are not anxious for the world to know truly at the moment in time what has or is being accomplished. If they IMO were just conducting business as usual ( hammering out boring laws , treaties and tariff laws and regulations ) why would there be a need for the blackout. I believe it is to distance us speculators for a run on the dinar.

And that is how I see it. Ok RV goggles off now!!!

Quad B)

• Upvote 1