Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's For Dinner?

bamagirl

Well BAMA, tonite we are having fried pork chops, green beans w/ hamhock, baked grits and sweet tea!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMrolleyes.gif

We are getting ready for the storm that you guys are getting now, so we gonna fill the belly so we can flake out tomorrow.

Everybody bring a dish and lets meet up !!!!!!tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

Man, I haven't aa clue but I think I'd rather be heading to YOUR house!!!

... count that two for reservations tonight bama... now you got my mouth watering! Never thought I would call you a teaser! emot-shakehead.gif

I haven't talked to my honey about tonight's menu, but last night we had white chicken chili with corn chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese added to it.... it's a great way to have chili. wink.gif

Well BAMA, tonite we are having fried pork chops, green beans w/ hamhock, baked grits and sweet tea!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMrolleyes.gif

We are getting ready for the storm that you guys are getting now, so we gonna fill the belly so we can flake out tomorrow.

Everybody bring a dish and lets meet up !!!!!!tongue.gif

Sounds good...ya'll be safe this rain just won't quit.

o kay this is crazy!!!!! some gal cooking this much on a saturday ???{ pregnant } :blink:

Nooooo, lol!! I have a big family and have too cook everyday....we rarely eat out.

... count that two for reservations tonight bama... now you got my mouth watering! Never thought I would call you a teaser! emot-shakehead.gif

I haven't talked to my honey about tonight's menu, but last night we had white chicken chili with corn chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese added to it.... it's a great way to have chili. wink.gif

That's how we eat our chili too...yum!

• Upvote 1

Bamagirl that is one awesome meal. It's wet and rainy here also, staying in for now.

My meal will consist of some country fried steak. asparagus wrapped with bacon and some mashed potato's and I'm talking Paula Dean style potato's, lots of butter. Glass of red wine and then topping it off with fudge brownie cake and coffee.

Of course my portions will be small, can't eat like this all the time. {health issues}

Thanks for the mouth watering post.:D

• Upvote 1

Not fair Bamagirl, I just logged in after doing the p90x workout for the first time...Now I'm hurtin' and hungry :angry::D

Sounds like you can really cook...Like Umbertino, gourmet frozen or a can for me...Do you ship? :lol:

p90x! have you lost your mind? good luck, I worked with a man, 48 yrs old and he was starting to look stout. I thought about it for a little bit, then I woke up!

Bamagirl that is one awesome meal. It's wet and rainy here also, staying in for now.

My meal will consist of some country fried steak. asparagus wrapped with bacon and some mashed potato's and I'm talking Paula Dean style potato's, lots of butter. Glass of red wine and then topping it off with fudge brownie cake and coffee.

Of course my portions will be small, can't eat like this all the time. {health issues}

Thanks for the mouth watering post.:D

My potatoes are always Paula style too, I also whip mayo in to make it even healthier, lol!

• Upvote 1

We never had kids, so there was never a big family dinner at our house. Before I was married my mom used to do the big dinner with a pot roast, that had carrots, potatoes and onions cooking in the pot with the beef. Then a large salad, and a small jellied salad of some kind. Usually home made yeast buns, little triangles of cheddar cheese, for dessert almost anything but pie was best, usually apple or coconut cream.

When I was expected to cook for my in-laws I had to consider my father-in-law who was a vegetarian and make sure we had something with a good protein base for him. Usually it was devilled eggs, which he loved, made with chopped green onions and mayo, sprinkled with a little paprika and each egg half decorated with a tiny sprig of parsley. Then I would usually do the same pot roast I grew up with, it is so easy. And a couple of salads, one lettuce based and one cabbage based. Sometimes an extra veggie like steamed cauliflower with a good rich cheese sauce (another protein for the father-in-law) or brocolli with the cheese sauce. Sometimes asparagus without the cheese or baby beets in a butter sauce.

Now that I am on my own a special treat is actually Kraft Dinner, with a lot of extra cheese, both cheddar and the stretchy pizza cheese ... what is it called ... my mind is gone today ... oh yes, mozzarella. Or a feast of mashed potatoes, lumpy like my mom made, with some sliced carrots with butter, salt and lots of pepper. Nothing else. Why cook more for just one person. I usually eat like a rabbit ... I hope through the kitchen and eat whatever is handy. Anything that takes more than about seven minutes is too much work.

:)

smee2

It is rainy and ugly here today so I decided to cook all day....menu is: black eyed peas with ham, cucumber and tomato salad, homemade mac and cheese, homemade garlic/rosemary mashed potatoes, fried okra and corn bread....that's how we cook inthe south, lol. What's your menu when you cook a big dinner?? PS..buttermilk pie for dessert, anybody ever tried that....it's yummy and not too rich.

I'd love your recipe for buttermilk pie. :) . . . please, oh, please!! :)

I made banana pudding last night, it's even better the next day! Bet your house smells good!

Lol

When you visit the states you are gonna have to visit and let me cook for you...

Shoot!! I'm just over here in Missouri, and I'd be glad to come over there and let you cook for me. haha

o kay this is crazy!!!!! some gal cooking this much on a saturday ???{ pregnant } :blink:

ut oh!! You're in trouble now!!! mmmmm . . nnnnn . . .