Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Zain Partners With Microsoft

moneysoon

http://www.ameinfo.com/292212.html (you might to copy and paste link to get it to work)

During the Mobile World Congress held last week in Barcelona, Zain Group entered into an agreement with Microsoft Middle East and Africa to bring Windows Phone devices to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).

The planned launch of Windows Phone software later this year, jointly with smartphone devices from selected manufacturers, will target business and consumers across Zain's mobile operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and South Sudan.

Zain's partnership with Microsoft complements and follows other technology ventures that Zain has recently entered into in order to enrich the company's offering of mobile services in line with our customer's growing appetite for smartphones and applications. This partnership with Zain across its mobile operations will allow consumers across the region to purchase a variety of the latest devices from various manufacturers of Windows Phone devices that enable and compliment their digital lifestyles.

Windows Phone offers a fresh approach to mobile device software, distinguished by smart design and truly integrated experiences that bring to the surface the content people are most interested from the Web and applications. Individual country access to the Windows Phone devices will be rolled out with the first launch set to take place later this year.

In addition, it is envisaged that the partnership will foster the development of an applications ecosystem within Zain's mobile network, facilitating developers to create and publish applications for the marketplace.

Nabeel Bin Salamah, CEO of Zain Group, noted,

"The smartphone has become a necessary item in today's society, and this agreement with Microsoft, one of the world's leading technology companies, is just the beginning of yet another example of Zain delivering on its brand promise to achieve our vision of 'A Wonderful World'. We have the utmost confidence in the capabilities of Windows smartphone technology and believe such an appealing offering will further attract, empower and enhance the lifestyles of our customers."

On his part, Gustavo Fuchs, Microsoft Mobility Director, Middle East and Africa, said, "Smartphone growth is fuelling the worldwide mobile phone market and Windows Phone is poised to lead this trend. In fact, the International Data Corporation (IDC) recently projected that Windows Phone will have the second largest share of the smartphone market by 2015."

He further commented, "We are seeing huge smartphone growth in the region and this is expected to continue with a prediction of 38% year-on-year growth for 2012. The partnership with local mobile phone operators will help drive the appetite of consumers in the region."

"We are pleased to cement our long -term partnership with Zain, a company that has been with us since the first version of Windows Mobile was released, and has now embraced Windows Phone as a part of its portfolio. Zain's wide reach across Middle East and North Africa and its globally recognized distribution expertise will ensure consumers have access to the latest and greatest phones as soon as possible," Fuchs added.

"People want a phone that helps them focus on what matters most; works on their behalf; and simplifies common tasks. They want a phone that helps manage and organize all of the information that is constantly swirling around them. Windows Phone brings together related content from the Web, applications and services into a single view to make life easier. We are excited to deliver this to our customers," Bin Salamah concluded.

With Microsoft as a "Long-term" partner, Zain is poised to rock the Middle East Market.

Blessings!

• Upvote 2

Trinityk, how to invest..what company? is it BDSI?

Hi Sourpuss,

This is really exciting news!!

Re Zain Iraq, they have not IPO'd yet on the ISX so nobody can purchase shares in them. I believe that its due to happen 'soon' ;) (this year)!!!

BDSI is the Dar Es Salaam Investment Bank, I am sure I read something somewhere saying that they would be the bank involved in Zain Iraqs IPO when it happens.

All this could be a nice little earner for BDSI.

Perhaps Trinity can confirm?

All the best,

S

Since these Telecom IPO's are expected in June is it a good idea to fund your ISX anytime between now and say....May to have it ready to purchase shares for Zain and the others when they IPO?

Goldiegirl :)

that is my strategy at least. i have money already sitting in the investment bank of iraq waiting for the telecom IPO. i don't want to be caught trying to sell stocks in order to purchase the IPOs because the isx is not a liquid market. meaning there is no guarantee that you can sell your stock as quickly as you like because there might not be a buyer. so the minute the telecoms hit, i want to have my buy order in and pick some stock up immediately.

that is my strategy at least. i have money already sitting in the investment bank of iraq waiting for the telecom IPO. i don't want to be caught trying to sell stocks in order to purchase the IPOs because the isx is not a liquid market. meaning there is no guarantee that you can sell your stock as quickly as you like because there might not be a buyer. so the minute the telecoms hit, i want to have my buy order in and pick some stock up immediately.

GOTCHA! IM IN and ready

Guys keep your eyes out for any movement. The articles concerning this telecom "process" inidicates that we may see the inital signs/triggers only thirty days out.

Do you expect and IPO in the next 30 days and if so why?

Thanks.

Goldiegirl.

Do you expect and IPO in the next 30 days and if so why?

Thanks.

Goldiegirl.

Goldiegirl,

I was just researching the process for listing this IPO. It appears that the formal process requires a pretty transparent filing process that must be initiatied at least thirty days prior to publicly offering the IPO. I will investigate this week as I also saw the PR firms that have been hired to do this. Unfortunately, I came across an article naming the third ZAIN CEO in the last six months. At least this CEO, who happens to be a "westerner", may be able to pull the IPO off. However the article I read was not positive that the summer would in fact bring the IPO we are expecting. I will post the article once I come across it again.

• Upvote 1

It looks like we can jump into the Kuwait stock exchange were Zain is traded and get into now. Waseet stock brokers. One can due the app. on line.

:twocents: What do you think TE ?

Were can we find the information to get into the Kuwait stock exchange. I am very interested in this upcoming IPO. Where is the application?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking at this right along with all of you. I am reposting a comment I made in January:

Zain is not listed on the ISX yet.........you can find info on the parent company here:

http://www.zain.com/...%20and%20Charts

you will see it is down about 33% in the past 12 months......I read somewhere that Zain currently holds 50% of the Bagdad market share of cell phone users.......

population of Bagdad is....7,200,000.......so that's the upside....(although how many of that # are cell phone users?).......average citizen is getting about 3 hours of electricity a day...(downside).....

so with any investment......check it out........IPO's often look great and take off fast.......and drop faster, so have some stops in place.............long term it will probably be a good investment........but don't get into it thinking you're going to make 1000% on your money in the first year! biggrin.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/100816-zain-asiacell-and-korek-info/#ixzz1sgV54DSv